Boom Festival 2014

Boom Festival
Boom Festival

Posted :  04 Aug, 2013
04-11/08/2014 Boom Festival presents:

Boom Festival 2014
Idanha-a-Nova, Portugal

LineUp:

Line-ups and the full cultural program is constantly updated at wwww.boomfestival.org.

More Info:

BOOM IS NOT ONLY A FESTIVAL, IT IS A STATE OF MIND

IN BOOM WE SHARE together the dream of a reality within and beyond this reality, where we can live together in harmony with
our planet and with each other.

IN BOOM WE DANCE together, a global tribe of thousands of people under the Full Moon since 1997, in a mystical-technological
temple without religion, our spiritual practice of freedom and self-expression, our love for psychedelic music, our sacred commitment to love
and mutual support.

IN BOOM WE LEARN together about a different way of living, environmental solutions that can save ourselves and our planet, “out of the box” revolutionary ideas for change, to be spread like seeds.

IN BOOM WE TRAN SCEND our everyday life, our limited identities, our ordinary states and our conditionalisms of
individual ego… we find a new path to personal and collective evolution, a new direction in life.

IN BOOM WE WAKE UP to never fall asleep again. We channel in a cosmic truth to channel out a new
being as ONE.

Everyone is invited to join the Global Tribe! Bring your unique contribution!

BOOM FESTIVAL 2014,
4-11 AUGUST - FULL MOON
IDANHA-A-NOVA LAKE, PORTUGAL

www.boomfestival.org
FB - BoomFestivalOfficialPage
YouTube - BoomWebTV

Flyer:

Specials:

Free Parking Chill Area VJ Deco Eco Friendly Children Zone Workshops/Market Water Access Transportation Discounted Presale 

IsraMembers Party List: Boom Festival ,DaPEACE ,fiesta ,Ratamahata ,Globadelic ,knocz ,MARGHERITA
Coming?   + 7
ATA

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 14, 2013 18:52
What are the average temperatures at Boom? I've been told it's hotter than Ozora was this year and I couldn't really deal with the temperatures at Ozora 2013, so I'm thinking Boom may not be for me
goaren
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Aug 14, 2013 21:08
boom is much hotter than ozora, but unlike ozora the whole mainstage is filled with water sprinklers, plus you got a bigass lake which every stage is close to, so no worries
ATA

Posted : Aug 16, 2013 13:00
My problem is that I like to party during the night, but with Ozora being 40c+ almost every day this year I couldn't sleep during the day and ended up super tired. I'm guessing this would also be a problem for me at Boom?
babag

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Aug 16, 2013 16:13
Quote:

On 2013-08-16 13:00, ATA wrote:
My problem is that I like to party during the night, but with Ozora being 40c+ almost every day this year I couldn't sleep during the day and ended up super tired. I'm guessing this would also be a problem for me at Boom?

we we there 2004, 06, and 2008 and it is for sure one of the best festivals in the world - but it is like beeing in the desert - extremly hot!
xxxx           - we bring you the taste of india -
www.mahamaya.ch
www.myspace.com/babag1
MongooseFiend

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 30, 2013 10:06
Quote:

On 2013-08-16 13:00, ATA wrote:

It will likely be 32-40 daily at Boom. You should plan for 35+ for sure. (Although this year at Freedom Festival we got lucky and it was 31-33 for much of the week.)

Unlike Hungary though, Portugal is much better prepared for the heat. I am from Australia so am more used to it than most, but even I struggled at SUN Festival this year due to it not really being set up for hot weather. My experience at Boom last year and Freedom Festival this year showed me the Portugese know what they're doing regarding the heat which makes it a lot more bearable.

Things like:
*Readily available water
*Sprinklers on the dancefloor - these make a HUGE difference
*Proper shades on the dancefloor. Those artistic ones like at Ozora look nice but are not practical in terms of size or depth. The ones at Boom last year were awesome as they were HUGE and very thick so provided proper shade.
*Food options to suit the hotter climate, not just heaps of different kinds of pizza like at SUN Festival this year.

All make a big difference to how you experience the heat.

The dancefloor is the best place to be during the heat, with the sprinklers and shade it's much cooler there than anywhere else. My experience in Hungary this year was not like this, the days were actually quite difficult there. I think it got up close to 40 at Ozora this year, yeah? I would imagine 40 degrees at Boom is a lot more comfortable than 40 at Ozora.

Partying all night makes it a bit more challenging, but it can be done. I purchased a good size tarp + poles for 25eu from Decathlon and set it up with my tent. During the day you sleep under the tarp as it's too hot inside the tent. (This is true for any summer festival really.)
It's still tough to sleep through the peak of the day (11-3 or so) but you should easily be able to sleep from 5-10am or thereabouts which is enough most days. Another option is to sleep from 5pm onwards when the main stage closes each day, by which point it has started to cool down considerably. In my experience you only need 1 or 2 8+ hour sleeps at a festival which is fine as you can't stay out all night, every night. At least one night needs to be dedicated to rest.

Boom is good as the music is still quite strong during the day. If the reason you party at night is to have more twisted music then you an still see some of this during the day at Boom which helps matters also. Some days the prog starts as late as 1pm or so. The variety in music is excellent in this regard.
Cosmic Lab
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 31, 2013 20:01
Hello dear Boomers!

When can we see the line up for 2014 edition?
Please, mindwave - hypogeo - x-dream again !!!
MongooseFiend

Posted : Sep 1, 2013 09:59
Eat Static and E-Clip already confirmed
ATA

Posted : Sep 3, 2013 00:33
Thanks MongooseFiend!

It was around 40 during the day up until the last couple of days at Ozora this year, as you said though I think a lot of how difficult it was is due to how Ozora is not really set up for that kind of heat.

We had tarps set up at Ozora but I still found it too hot to sleep during the day. I am very into dark/hitec psy and just prefer the energy of a night time dancefloor; day trancing just often really doesn't do it for me.

I'll think about Boom now after what you've said; I'm really super tempted by Noise Poison and Lost theory though, so I may not go.
Ratamahata

Posted : Sep 3, 2013 13:26
I'm thinking about buying solar-powered fan next year. Which I'll put inside of my tent and which will start automatically when sun rises up.
MongooseFiend

Posted : Sep 4, 2013 09:53
Yeah if you prefer dark and high-tech the night times are definitely for you. Whilst it can stay pumping and twisted in the mornings and does not strictly move to melodic morning psy each day, it still goes <150bpm.

There was one DJ last year playing Antispin at around 11am (which I don't think you'd find at a lot of festivals) but that's nothing like extreme dark psy.
ferrelas

Posted : Sep 12, 2013 23:44
I had an awesome, albeit expensive, idea for sleeping in hot climates at Ozora this year.

Get a refrigeration truck, you know the ones they transport food in, big enough for a mattress or two, or maybe a bunk bed, convert it to run off solar panels on the roof, maybe switch out the cooling system to a more low powered one, as you can sleep at much higher temperatures than food has to be stored at.

I would so do that project if I had some 20k € to spare. A budget alternative could be to just get an ac-jacket, yes, those are being produced, I think you could get one for ~100 €, but they are hard to find online at this point. A sleeping bag like that would be cool too, but that is a DIY-project I think, solar power for both these units are optional as they could probably be powered with batteries.
intheworld

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 13, 2013 04:05
I use a heavier canopy set-up for car-camping fests; for others where I have to walk in, I'going to get one of these: http://www.rei.com/product/808941/kelty-noahs-tarp-9-x-9           Reach out your hand, if your cup be empty. If your cup is full, may it be again.
maenad

Posted : Sep 23, 2013 23:04
Boom was my first festival back in 2008 and i have not missed any edition since then. I hope I will be able to make it again next year.

As it's been said temperatures at boom are very high. I dont stand well the heat so what makes it bearable for me is carrying always a water sprinkler around (the ones you can use for gardening). The lake is also a big bonus, never too far away, you can have a dip every couple of hours to refresh yourself.

In terms of the dancefloor, I have to say that one of the things I hope the organizers fix this year is the size and shade on the main dancefloor. Last year it was far too small for the number of people - especially considering that it was not fully covered.
That was in my opinion a big fail which made the shady areas too crowded to dance in the afternoon.

Other than that Boom is an amazing experience - and i hope i can attend it for many years to come...
Boom Festival

Started Topics :  -1
Posted : Oct 20, 2013 14:57
Hello Boomers

The new Boom website is online

http://www.boomfestival.org

Love
Boom Team           -------------------------------------------
www.boomfestival.org
Trance Forum » » Forum  Festivals Promotions - Boom Festival 2014

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Free Parking - Free Parking Chill Area - ChillOut Area VJ - VJ Deco - Deco Eco Friendly - Eco Friendly
Children Zone - Children Zone Workshops/Market - Workshops/Market Water Access - Water Access Transportation - Transportation Discounted Presale - Discounted Presale

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance