Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BOOM 2012, what a shame!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2012, what a shame!!

demoniac
Demoniac Insomniac

Started Topics :  85
Posted : May 24, 2012 17:56
i don't think boom will not aloow for artists to play at ozora, but its perfectly fair if the artist want to play in portugal on another party...
In this situatuon the both organisers should agree on splitting the costs for the flight to Portugal           VA - Spiritual Science out now!
http://www.activemeditationmusic.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=703&category_id=6&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=7
blom

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 25, 2012 15:30
Quote:

On 2012-05-11 11:20, Larrikin wrote:
Whats so new about that? Standard procedure for a festival, if they fly a artist from the other side of the planet to play they dont want that artist play at a event close by around the same time.

IF they fly in artists from the other side of the planet, then maybe it's okay but even then a travel cost split between the interested parties is a much more friendly solution! I saw people mentioning Universo in Brasil but an average flight is more then 1000 eur there from EU, while flying in someone to the Boom is what like 300 eur? it is a shame that the Boom is dealing with the problem like this, being in the middle of Europe and the european festival season. As if they had to face serious financial problems with their 25K visitors every time LOL. Not cool.
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : May 25, 2012 19:29
Quote:

On 2012-05-25 15:30, blom wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-05-11 11:20, Larrikin wrote:
Whats so new about that? Standard procedure for a festival, if they fly a artist from the other side of the planet to play they dont want that artist play at a event close by around the same time.

IF they fly in artists from the other side of the planet, then maybe it's okay but even then a travel cost split between the interested parties is a much more friendly solution! I saw people mentioning Universo in Brasil but an average flight is more then 1000 eur there from EU, while flying in someone to the Boom is what like 300 eur? it is a shame that the Boom is dealing with the problem like this, being in the middle of Europe and the european festival season. As if they had to face serious financial problems with their 25K visitors every time LOL. Not cool.

You might have checked first the artists performing at BOOM this year before talking nonsense. You could be able to see names from Japan, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico and USA. And not just 2 or 3 names!

Not that I think this argument is any good!
This clause seems a perfectly justified, sound and wise decision by the Festival, not needing any buffers.

Everybody wants to have lots of showers, efficient garbage disposal, lots of shades, the best soundsytem, medical attencion, etc., but they seem to forget that all this has a cost. Like it or not, big festivals like these can only be run if there is a profit to be made. Who would put so many hours and work only to lose money in the end? Just to see happy faces and smiles all around? LOL.

And BOOM manages to exist without any corporate sponsoring. I don't mind paying 120 € (that's what the ticket costed me in January) to fund a tiny part of it, and this clause does not shock me a bit. Look at everything they offer, not just music, and see every festival nowadays copying the same concept. Fairness has to work both ways, not just to the festival goers.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BOOM 2012, what a shame!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance