Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BOOM 2012, what a shame!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2012, what a shame!!

MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Started Topics :  156
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 15:32
Quote:

On 2012-04-22 15:15, Nectarios wrote:
Ok. We'll just have to agree to disagree then.
I cannot possibly say that listening to my favorite artist's live set more than once a summer/month/week is bad for mind expansion...its like saying you should not listen to your favorite CD more than once a summer/month/week.

Personally, when I find music I like, I can't get enough of listening/dancing to it.

Peace out.

of course not all is only Black or White ...
and what i say is a bit a caricature of the whole problem ...

but yes , consumerism is the first driver of our system atm now on EARTH

we are all programmed to react to it ...

and to see this brainwash in action on the Psy scene make me very angry ...
          http://mastermargherita.com
Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 15:39
Quote:

On 2012-04-22 15:32, MARGHERITA wrote:
Quote:

Ok. We'll just have to agree to disagree then.
I cannot possibly say that listening to my favorite artist's live set more than once a summer/month/week is bad for mind expansion...its like saying you should not listen to your favorite CD more than once a summer/month/week.

Personally, when I find music I like, I can't get enough of listening/dancing to it.

Peace out.

of course not all is only Black or White ...
and what i say is a bit a caricature of the whole problem ...

but yes , consumerism is the first driver of our system atm now on EARTH

we are all programmed to react to it ...

and to see this brainwash in action on the Psy scene make me very angry ...

Agreed. But you should not let your anger cloud your judgement, in the case of Sol and Boom, I think this is a win win situation for both festivals.           
http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
OzMike
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  148
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 16:44
Isn't it funny how the underground subculture end up becoming as conservative, in their own ways, as the cultures they supposedly started out to break free from?

Look at the way you all carry on about HOW THIS SCENE SHOULD BE RUN.

Just let it run the way it currently is, let it be free to be done however ppl wanna do it.

Stop trying to control something you can't.

And BTW, most modern psy is no that weird except for some crazy dakr stuff & forest & suomi.

I hear a lot of prog and full on played in the city I live in standard clubs.           Cuntus Maximus.
MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Posted : Apr 22, 2012 16:46
Sol Fest was realy nice in 2011 , i add a very good time and enjoyed play (i played quiet a lot)

and i'm looking forward to play in the future for the SOL crew ,

i speak about this things (artist/promoter reletationships) IN PUBLIC because i care about the scene and my friends working on festivals around europe ...

=

anyway, kill me if you like

=

Nectarios
Martian Arts

Started Topics :  187
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 17:08
I had a great time in Sol Fest as well, and I enjoyed playing there a lot! Just seems to me like you see things from only one perspective. I care about the "scene" as well and I like seeing more festivals/parties doing well, instead of going into this "monarchy" type thing where only certain people are allowed to do something, at a specific time.

Just put your self in the psytrance lover's shoes for a second without thinking about who is doing which festival and when...I would love to have the option of a summer full with festivals with lots of people in all of them. That is a good sign of a healthy scene.

Peace out.

http://soundcloud.com/martianarts
BookFace

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 17:45
Any one who believes that there is a non hypocrite organization that does everything for the love of trance and not the money is naive and delirious and lives in lala land. If you fall for all the spiritual text placed in the websites and flyers of partys is complete baffoon. its all Marketing ...Psychedeic marketing. You make your own reality at the festival. its about you and how you behave fuck the organization. I know boom organizer personaly...and he could'nt fucking care less about any of you or the scene, money money money. I know this and I dont care, its the best festival on the planet. Its like going to a prostitute , you pay her for a good time and she treats you real nice talks real soft but she dont love you. Grow up , get real, dont complicate things and party on!!
Leave the Boycotting and protesting attitude for more serious things, like the danm gas prices going up or how our freedom and rights are slowly being taken away from us day by day
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Apr 22, 2012 23:27
Quote:

That makes two of us Nectarios!           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
goa-ganges
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  66
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 03:36
Well, Mr. Margherita, I understand your point-of-view. But I don't respect it, for I am - out of dately - an old trancer.
To me, you and the likes of you are the new generation, the ones who never experienced how good psychedelic trance scene can be.

As you said, Boom is doing psychedelic marketing. Right. One more reason for me to not go to festivals anymore. I thought the likes of Boom were the last resort where you could live some sense of pure freedom.

What's next? Beer ads in balloons? Legal battles against small parties? Oh yeah, if you sign a contract sheeply, then you and the other org can be subjects of a legal suit.

As I said before, win the lottery, it will do some good.
Gunter
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 10:41
^ Funny to read, that you consider Master Margherita as new generation. He has been an important part of the scene for .... playing on countless events ...
Adigroovy
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 13:17
strange nobody mentioned Universo Paralello, they have this exlusivity for years now ...( money rules also in psytrance ...           to use your head you have to go out of your mind
MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Posted : Apr 23, 2012 14:12
Quote:

On 2012-04-23 03:36, goa-ganges wrote:
To me, you and the likes of you are the new generation, the ones who never experienced how good psychedelic trance scene can be.

- my first goa party i played was in 1998 ... discovered "Are You Shpongled" that day .. it blow my mind and i get hooked up on the Psychedelic Circus ...

- music biz is music biz , small or big , people/profesionals behave and act the same ,

- from the 90ties till now the scene exploded , good thing ,

how many festivals where organised in Europe in the 90ties ?? 2 , 3 , 5 ?

Boom and Ozora worked together to decide the dates of 2012 is a good thing .

i would love to see more of this collaborations , and have a summer season well organised , to minimize competition in betwen festivals .....
but i'm afraid this look like impossible, its a foolish dream ...

everybody is free , and Chaos is the law ...

daio

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 17:11
exclusivity between regions is a basic marketing thing that a commercial brand\festival uses to make more profits.for the lovers of psytrance's deeper culture maybe it's not hearing so good but people are making money from this years ago and things go that way cause of the system we are living as said before.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 17:21
I guess it makes sense if a "live" act doesn't vary their set from festival to festival
supergroover
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  39
Posted : Apr 23, 2012 22:59
I vary between pushing 'play' on the cd player and pressing my spacebar           soundcloud.com/supergroover
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Apr 24, 2012 15:31
A certain degree of exclusivity can make sense for both the event and the artist, as long as the terms are negotiable and not overly restrictive. There has to be some quid pro quo for the artist though, in terms of a fee that reflects the potential loss of income from other events, or a guaranteed return booking, or something of that nature. If we'd been booked at any of the larger European festivals this year, we'd have been happy to work something out along those lines, I'm sure, even though all our live sets are different from one another           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - BOOM 2012, what a shame!!
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance