95 96 97 98 99 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

BOOM 2006

bombazen

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 04:57
Was it Luminal , Laminal or Liminal after all?
psyshanti
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 15:28
it was LIMINAL VILLAGE.
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 16:33
Oxford English Dictionary:

Liminal

pr. /limmin’l/

• adjective technical
1. relating to a transitional or initial stage.

2 at a boundary or threshold.

— DERIVATIVES liminality noun.

— ORIGIN from Latin limen ‘threshold’.

In the context of the Boom Festival and alternative or psychedelic culture, the use of the word Liminal is to describe the point at which cultures, arts forms, individual (and group) states of consciousness overlap.

As an example: the point at which sleep and waking consciousness cross is the liminal point

The point at which these things overlap and intermesh is a richly creative state and is the area where totally new ideas and possibilities can most easily be generated and come into being, new art forms can be synthesized etc.

For me, the possibility of the Liminal Village is the heart of Boom and by far the major accomplishment of the Boom festival. It really is an extraordinary cultural achievement.

Best Wishes,
Bill
x

www.cosmosis.co.uk

Webshop: http://cosmosis.bandcamp.com
Nomad Moon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  134
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 16:54
Quote:

On 2006-09-08 16:33, Bagginz wrote:

As an example: the point at which sleep and waking consciousness cross is the liminal point

The point at which these things overlap and intermesh is a richly creative state and is the area where totally new ideas and possibilities can most easily be generated and come into being, new art forms can be synthesized etc.

Never tought of it that way , thanx Bill, i imagine making music (not organic)in that state of mind could be hard
Jingabé
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 18:10
Quote:

On 2006-09-08 16:33, Bagginz wrote:

For me, the possibility of the Liminal Village is the heart of Boom and by far the major accomplishment of the Boom festival. It really is an extraordinary cultural achievement.

Bullseye!!

That's why Boom is more than an ordinary music festival...
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Posted : Sep 8, 2006 18:55
Quote:

On 2006-09-08 16:54, Nomad Moon wrote:
i imagine making music (not organic)in that state of mind could be hard

Lol

That was just an example you know...

But yeah, actually twiddling the knobs and pushing the buttons etc. (i.e sound engineering )is very much a left-brain activity and best done as a methodical process in a vertical position , rather than attempting it from a bed in a horzontal position...

However, in my creative process at least, the initial inspiration - the creative spark when I see the complete idea momentarily - is the time of genuine creativity. The right brain consciousness, if you will And it is this zone that is impacted by a synthesis of cultural, artistic, intellectual energies etc.

Following this creative spark is when the actual (more mundane) work really begins in trying to bring express one's initial inspiration or artistic vision into reality via the still rather crude tools at one's disposal, (still can't find a brain to MIDI converter anywhere...) All of which partly depends on one's mastery of the technical details (left-brain) as well as being able to keep the overview sharply in focus (right-brain)

Regarding the sleep/awake transition; as Paul McCartney describes in his autobiography "McCartney", he woke up with the whole melody of "Yesterday" (minus words) playing in his head. It was so complete that he thought it must have been something that he'd heard before. He dragged himself over to the nearby piano and started figuring out the chords for it while he still had it in his mind and he scribbled it down... It is one of the most covered songs in history.

Personally as an artist I do pay close attention to my own liminal zones, in fact I actively nuture and explore them by meditation...

So, Apologies for the off topic...

Well actually, not really - given that this thread had turned into a rather unpleasant er... how can I say... festering bitch fest?

Best wishes,
Bill
x

p.s. Anyone else read the great little freebie Boom magazine Pathways which was given out at the festival for free?

Great little magazine.

I am partly paraphrasing that little mag. from memory about Boom's definition of Liminal.
          www.cosmosis.co.uk

Nomad Moon
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  134
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 20:10
Quote:

On 2006-09-08 18:55, Bagginz wrote:

That was just an example you know...

But yeah, actually twiddling the knobs and pushing the buttons etc. (i.e sound engineering )is very much a left-brain activity and best done as a methodical process in a vertical position , rather than attempting it from a bed in a horzontal position...

So in a sense it's good to have 2 guys in the same project , one looking in and another looking out (if i may say so ) and after a while (next day maybe?)a swap
just a thought nevermind

as for the offtopic thingy ,at least we're talking
Bagginz
Cosmosis

Posted : Sep 8, 2006 22:33
Quote:

On 2006-09-08 20:10, Nomad Moon wrote:

So in a sense it's good to have 2 guys in the same project , one looking in and another looking out (if i may say so ) and after a while (next day maybe?)a swap
just a thought nevermind

You are exactly right.

Which is why having having another DJ around in the session works so well for keeping the overview (in my experience)

Having another producer in the session works even better because you can swap roles exactly as you said.

Quote:

as for the offtopic thingy ,at least we're talking

Yeah Lol!

Nice to chat with ya Nomad...

Regards,
Bill
          www.cosmosis.co.uk

Gordon Shumway
Gordon Shumway

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 14:05
Quote:

On 2006-09-07 15:45, Avion wrote:
Yeah,I also met this Gordon guy,he had really bad shit,and was always complain about BOOM.
BOOM festival was great event.Could be better music I think,but the atmosphere was unbelievable and many friends and the Best Deco ever.
Thanx for whomever involved in BOOM

Avion

Started Topics : 2
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 15:45

Maybe a friend of yours xp?or a clone?
BTW: i dont even do drugs, why selling them?i have my own job dude, you're the drug dealer
Linka

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 15:24
Quote:

On 2006-09-11 14:05, Gordon Shumway wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-09-07 15:45, Avion wrote:
Yeah,I also met this Gordon guy,he had really bad shit,and was always complain about BOOM.
BOOM festival was great event.Could be better music I think,but the atmosphere was unbelievable and many friends and the Best Deco ever.
Thanx for whomever involved in BOOM

Avion

Started Topics : 2
Posted : Sep 7, 2006 15:45

Maybe a friend of yours xp?or a clone?
BTW: i dont even do drugs, why selling them?i have my own job dude, you're the drug dealer

BINGO!
ruialves

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 11, 2006 21:42
the best international, multicultural, fractal festival of the world...

these is my awards for the dancefloor this year:

best visual perfomance - gangagiri
best inicial act - hilight tribe
best dark act - quasar
best dark set - iguana
best surprise - trold
best full on act - electric universe
best full on set - rica amaral
best return - tranwave / christoff
best progressive act - liquid soul
best progressive set - sbk sebastian krueger

best ambient act - pedra branca
best ambient return - waterjuice
best ambient set - loic

waiting for your opinions, not only about the dancefloor but also about the ambient stage, the sacred fire or the conferences in the liminal village...

boom to all of you, see you all in 2-0-0-8
Avion

Posted : Sep 13, 2006 19:35

Thanx a lot for everyone.It was really a quierry to understand what it is Liminal,cause even the organisers couldt explain me at all.

2 Gordon Shumway
Thank you for your logic invistigations,but I am the member of the forum for 2 years,and I am not forum freak as my younger brother who sleep and eat in Isratrance,and I even dont know XP personally,( I heard him playing 2 times in my country,and,I can tell for fact that both of the sets were great,even I am not a big fan of fullon anyway)
About you,mr Shufman,I am sorry if it is disinform,I just read what was written and remember what my friends awarn me about Gordon who has ...not good one...dont get from him
And I really dont understand why you trying to insault me calling me a dealer.
And <this...>BINGO!!
What it suppose to mean?Whom dd you catch?
Are you more than 18 yrs old?I dont think so,or your IQ of grown up is really leaming,sorry.
peter_K

Posted : Sep 14, 2006 12:08
Hi, here is my new video from BOOM festival (and Lisboan), Portugal: http://www.dailymotion.com/pk68/video/xe572_boom-fin
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 14, 2006 12:30
Quote:

On 2006-09-14 12:08, peter_K wrote:
Hi, here is my new video from BOOM festival (and Lisboan), Portugal: http://www.dailymotion.com/pk68/video/xe572_boom-fin

of all the vids i ve soon, this is my favourite!! nice one!!
          Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
outdoor79
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  233
Posted : Sep 14, 2006 12:33
Quote:

On 2006-09-14 12:08, peter_K wrote:

WWWOOOOWW AMAZING video, very groovvy..
           Never give up on your love ..
nature raves forever!!!

always fly@lapland.airlines
when gazolin is so high, choose the natural way to fly.. LapLand's gooses ruells air..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - BOOM 2006
← Prev Page
95 96 97 98 99 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance