Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Behringer TRUTH B2030A vs. Adam A7 vs. KRK Rokit 5
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Behringer TRUTH B2030A vs. Adam A7 vs. KRK Rokit 5

cr1st0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 18, 2008 22:33
I probably go to KRK Rokit 5, adams are too expensive, when i start being happy with my productions i will buy a good par of adams, you opinion about the KRK Rokit 5, are they ok ?
XuN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Oct 18, 2008 22:58
I got the ROKIT 6, They are simply awsome... I would go for the ROKIT over the adams, but that is if you don't have the money for the A7... Which I didn't...           www.xun.dk / myspace.com/xundk
!!PLUR!!
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 00:01
Quote:

On 2008-10-18 22:15, orange wrote:
sorry but behringer and emu must be the worst "monitors" i ever heard!

1 credit to the behringer is that they are really loud.

Well, they are not any worse then the KRK really and I did check both of them out at the same time. Apart from the fact that the Behringer does have more SPL there is no real audible difference between the 2, which is why I went for them, considering how much cheaper the pricetag...           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
avduka

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 06:30
i would rather get one adam a7 then a pair of either of those two and then get the other one when you save more money..
thats what i did with my dynaudio
There is nothing wrong with working in mono and if your music makes it out to a party, most likely it will be played mono anyway.
if i was you i would also consider getting dynaudio they are awesome.
for me the dynaudio bm5a is more for production and adam a7 is more for listening pleasure, but i could be wrong and it could just be the acoustic treatment that differs from my place and my friends place
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 12:39
save your money , i won t buy anything below the a7 ,bm5 price range if i was you...
cr1st0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 12:49
In the adam a7 there's no right and left monitor you have to buy both equal ? like in the image and that hole will be in inferior left corner on bot it looks bad... http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov06/images/adama7_s.jpg
Alex - Aural Invasion
Aural Invasion

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 16:16
Quote:

On 2008-10-19 12:49, cr1st0 wrote:
In the adam a7 there's no right and left monitor you have to buy both equal ? like in the image and that hole will be in inferior left corner on bot it looks bad... http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/nov06/images/adama7_s.jpg

It's like that with the s2a as well, probably also other of their models, nothing to worry about imo - you won't notice it after you start listening to them . I would save my money for sure. Gotta love the bass response of adam models with hexacone woofer.           myspace.com/auralinvasion
reverbnation.com/auralinvasion
www.aural-invasion.com
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Oct 19, 2008 16:52
have anyone hard anything about YAMAHA HS80M?
smehoparanoya
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 03:23
yeah, i heard they are ok           Monitoring devices, know where you go
Mass media, total control
Digital delight, desire in megabite
Data overflow, virtual suicide
This information, is disinformation
Truth is hidden, knowledge forbidden
Kaz
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  90
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 12:54
KRK's monitors are decent, very good price/performance. Behringer are not monitors - any more than a Soundblaster is a pro soundcard. The Adams are very good for their price and definitely sound better than anything within the same pricerange - but are more expensive than the KRKs. I'd say it's worth saving up for them - their price is not too high and would definitely give far clearer mids/trebles than the KRKs (or more accurate trebles than any dynaudio / genelec solution), and could be later upgraded with an Adam Sub10 (excellent solution for the 32-150Hz range).

If you think to yourself "hey, those cost way too much", keep in mind: speakers are your instruments, getting better ones is a very good investment - it's a more important upgrade than any PC upgrade (including $1000+ stuff from UAD, TC, RME, whatever). You will probably replace the PC 3 times before you want to replace speakers, far longer before you need to. So spending less money than on a PC is wrong if the main goal is music creation.

I bought Adam S2As - while originally thinking I wouldn't spend more than Dynaudio BM6as - I heard them and knew that it is so worth it. I don't regret a cent I spent on Mai & Preshuss. And no the fact that both are the same and not L-R does not take away from their quality.

Again I will stress: better monitors is the single most important investment in electronic music creation BAR NONE.          http://www.myspace.com/Hooloovoo222
Domi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 14:00
ADAM !           https://soundcloud.com/twonzero-progressive/twonezero-alienpast-soon-on
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 14:37
yep the a7 is the way to go imo, cause even if you update your monitors later the a7 will still help you for the medium/treble so its not lost money like the berhingers and krk.
Alex - Aural Invasion
Aural Invasion

Started Topics :  37
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 15:41
Quote:

On 2008-10-20 12:54, Kaz wrote:
I bought Adam S2As - while originally thinking I wouldn't spend more than Dynaudio BM6as - I heard them and knew that it is so worth it. I don't regret a cent I spent on Mai & Preshuss. And no the fact that both are the same and not L-R does not take away from their quality.

Fun, that's the exact same thoughts i had. I also started to listen to the BM6a, but ended up buying the far more expensive S2a - and im so glad i did that.

Back to topic:

Also keep in mind, If you buy something cheap now, in the end it will cost you more. Because when you have to sell when upgrading, you can only get up to 50% of the price (maybe a little more if youre lucky).           myspace.com/auralinvasion
reverbnation.com/auralinvasion
www.aural-invasion.com
Kane
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 16:07
Quote:

On 2008-10-18 22:08, Upavas wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-10-18 14:16, Kane wrote:
Behringer is out of the question. KRKs will be fine for your first monitors..they've done a lot with the second generation of Rokits, but saving for the a7's will be worth it in the long run.

Behringer are not at all out of the question. They are good for the price and definitely allright for electronic music. I find them pretty equal to the KRK mentioned here, with one difference, the price tag!

My comment was taking the quality of Behringer products into consideration, regardless of the response and accuracy of their monitors. I haven't had a single good experience with Behringer hardware, and I wouldn't suggest spending hundreds on anything they make. As far as how they sound, I've heard both and would still prefer low end KRKs over more expensive Behringer monitors any day.           You believe in the users?
Yeah, sure. If I don't have a user, then who wrote me?
UnderTow

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 20, 2008 17:42
I haven't heard the Behringers in a while so I can't comment on those. As for the KRK... In one of the studios I've been working recently, I used the KRK's as a reference for crappy TV speakers as the actual TV had a more detailed (and pleasant) sound!

UnderTow
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - Behringer TRUTH B2030A vs. Adam A7 vs. KRK Rokit 5
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance