Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Awakening Divine Inspiration~Portland OR~May 8 2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Awakening Divine Inspiration~Portland OR~May 8 2004

paradigm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  54
Posted : May 12, 2004 22:49
Kode IV more psychedelic than fred, or Amanda !!! Thats a good one i needed a good laugh.
Brett, i very much doubt you are into playing music or making it. If your were youd realize just the difference in the qulaity of music that Amanda or Fred plays,
but then some people like there underground music comercialized and cant stand the taste of the rawer stuff
frederick
Neuromotor

Started Topics :  25
Posted : May 12, 2004 23:14
i ll say that amanda did a killer job ...i mean she drove the crowed nuts ...really the people were bouncing and dancing really hard and that was the right time ...really congratulation to this beautiful upcoming dj form sf ....ah the mistresses of evil ...i m in love with those women ...what to do when they are somewhere the party just gonuts ...and super hyper psychedelic for sure ....
i had a blast of time i m really deeply sorry for those that didn t like my set ...i tried to give my best ...maybe next time ...
love this new crowed ...see ya all soon
fred
alienfreaksho:)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 13, 2004 00:04
it seems to from all the posts only one person feels so negative about the morning of the party..everyone else had a blast!

BOOOM!~           freaks unite!!!!
psunspot
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : May 13, 2004 00:15
hmmm, well i had a good time, but i left b4 amanda and neuromotor, et al.

i give big props to this party for attracting heads from up and down the west coast. great job! i've never seen so many peeps at a show since i moved here in 2000. the art and de3co were amazing and the venue was stellar (except for too much body heat...and a few too many smelly hippies...heehee, hey i'm glad they were there, i just wish there was more incense...)

um, and about the music, well i left b/c i wasnt that interested and the downtempo room was too hot (but fractalien was tearing it up and people were LOVING it. awesome job mauricio )

i'll try to skirt the debate and dark vs ....undark?antidark....whatever...

lets just say i like the funky finnish sound and australien mayhem. and the reason i like it, is cause its psychedelic to the max, but still funny. i'm with you Brett...i like to laugh...

and other people dont...oh well, no biggy. i tend not to turn up so much for the 'darker' events btw, brett you should PM me bout a private synergy desert party in 2 weeks...it will have you grinning mos def.

regardless
i appreciate everyones effort and i know that a lot of people enjoyed every minute of the party. great job all.

can we all be a little less defensive tho?

so BfromT dont like dark, big deal. he's got a valid opinion.

so amanda, et al. do like dark. big deal more power to them

who the hell likes Kiwa, Haltya, and Eraser vs Jojalka?????

<grin>

ciao yall

gotta have the wiggy AND the wonky
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : May 13, 2004 01:13
i like all that wiggly wacky shite... it has its moments.
i like slamming it home too with the dark voodoo drums.

im sure mr neuro ripped everyone a new brainhole.

anyhoo
a couple comments.
thats nice how you took a shit brett. that was hilarious and totally too much info! if you werent having fun, why didnt you leave?

the flyer was awesome, and was used in a wedding gift book made for some friends who got married on saturday. beautiful convergence.. i spent some time on the beach in san diego on saturday night feeling the event unfold , i could picture all the bouncing and stomping. i wish i could transport myself more easily.

i think its funny that one negative review can taint a whole forum! everyone puts so much positivity in to these events and expectaitons are always high, so when 1 person doesnt have the fucking time of thier life, shit hits the fan!
strap your goggles on!

boom to the pdx

www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : May 13, 2004 01:35
Quote:

On 2004-05-13 00:15, psunspot wrote:
who the hell likes Kiwa, Haltya, and Eraser vs Jojalka?????
<grin>

a few people, it seems.
I would include Jahbo and other Aarhus producers in that list, too. That's the kind of music I love to hear later in the morning - twisted asnd funky.

As to the people who left early - dark psychedelic music takes time to grow on ya. but once you're hooked, it's for life.
lucid

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 13, 2004 02:44
*wipes sweat from forehead*

having never actually been to a west coast event of any type, I actually found that one bad review very discouraging.
daya

Started Topics :  8
Posted : May 13, 2004 07:10
bad thing i wasn't there, means i missed amanda set. i knew that she is going to shake the air. its an awakening divine inspiration. need to open a little bit of that civilization seal that have been imprison us for almost forever. this is a PSY-trance moment. the moment where we are not pretend tobe shine or dark but to be real and able to digest the knowing, not to bounch it before knowing it. it was dark, great, we will not understand shiny day if there is no dark. ying should flow with yang. take and give and share, don't be to greedy of your great knowledge, share it. just like having a datura, if you eat it without experienced guide you might will turn nothing (if that what you want), but there is a way to take it to the healing or to a beutifull organic exstassy. how? open your seal. oh shit am i just preaching, sorry i am innocent.
i love amanda set, go gurl!

daya
www.dreamcatcherstudio.net           founder http://www.enkienterprise.com
founder http://www.blacksheephybrid
erindoo

Started Topics :  4
Posted : May 13, 2004 22:56
Having lived and partied in Portland since I was old enough to party... this gathering was by far the most killer indoor (psy-trance event) Portland has ever seen... the deco was absolutely mind blowing everywhere in the place, the music was explosive, and the vibe 100%! All of the expectations I had were completely blown out of the water... so many people came together to make this happen... and it seemed to all fall into place beautifully.
When it comes to the whole fluffy morning stuff vs dark evil funkay tunes... it reminds me of the arguments all of us have seen/read about 'goa' vs 'psy-trance'... or spiritual deco at trance parties. Some love it, some hate it, but it all comes down to preference. Obviously, Brett, you don't like the dark stuff. Your point has definetly been made... i can understand. If you are used to a certain style being played at a certain time, it may be a bit painful to adjust at times! Up until Mindshare I loved the fluffy shit. Ate it up... couldn't get enough of it. Astrix, Alien Project, GMS, Silicon Sound, etc. All the anthems. Went to Mindshare may of 2003 and saw Grapes of Wrath and Meteloids among others... and that evening/morning changed my whole outlook on psytrance... the wind was blowing these strips of fabric deco stuff all crazy and the music was funky, easily digestable but still HARD! (Check out Earthling- Fraggle's Rock hehehe) I loved every minute of it- and started getting into more artists like Fungus Funk, Azax Syndrom, Jahbo! and of course Grapes of Wrath... so i just needed one mind blowing experience (keep in mind that my headspace was unaltered by chemicals) to introduce me properly to a different style of the music i love. I was not expecting my opinion to change, or looking for it, but this 'new' music found me. It seems to me, Brett, that it just isn't quite your time for it yet... maybe it'll grow on you, or maybe not, but many many of us can't get enough!!!! Hence why you are hearing it during the morning, etc. Once i heard the newer stuff, the anthem-y stuff just seems so trivial, so basic. But you have to have the light with the dark, otherwise the dark isn't so good, eh?
Fred- Neuromotor- I was unable to stay for your set but I heard it was unbelievable... great the whole time... I can't wait to see you here next month outside!
Lucid- please don't let this {one good review about a party/bad review regarding music} shape how you look/percieve/decide whether or not to come to NW/West Coast events... come and check it out... there are a wide variety of gatherings, indoor and outdoor, all year!

See you all OUTSIDE!!!!!
Bomsky!
Mistress of Evil
Mistress Of Evil Records

Started Topics :  101
Posted : May 14, 2004 01:52
some pics:
http://f2.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/mistressofevil_23/album?.tok=phYzaGBB56NMiX_g&.dir=/27f3&.src=ph
alienfreaksho:)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 14, 2004 01:59
erindoo..glad the grapes are still with you and have inspired you mindshare is still with many of us as well!~ music can be so twisted and out there but still positive..thats the issue me thinks people equate dark or hard with negative and its not all part of the spectrum!~

BOOOM!~           freaks unite!!!!
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 14, 2004 02:51
I know that many of the dedicated, die-hard trancers who went and (use this forum) liked the music. For some of these folks, it may have been one of the biggest and raging-ist party they have ever been to - and I'm happy for them!

I tried to not judge it and enjoy it full-power as I could at the time. I go to parties to have FUN! But it was...subjectively...one of the weakest vibes and most unremarkable Mornings I have ever experienced - for an event that attracted so many hundreds of people. Look at the pics and compare it to any other party you see in "Party Galleries". judge for yourself.
------------------
I know my feelings on the trance-dance ritual and sonic vibrations go very much against established grain here in the NW USA...

But wether you like it or not - I speak the exactt feelings MANY of the people who don't really know much of anything ! I seemingly annoy some of ya on the forum because I do know a -little bit- about trance and have a different experience and distinctly different taste.

There are a ton of sensitive, colorful, trippy people, mind expanded people who LOVE to dance in Portland. If you asked them their opinion of "psy-trance" , they'd say "electronic music is noisy crap" or "I would never, ever go to a rave party"..and a load of them went to this event to see Alex Grey..despite feeling somewhat uncomfortable that there would be electronic music played. Infact some of my artists friends wouldn't even go - not wanting to be locked in a warehouse all night with some hellacious babylon music tearing them up.
Even as a certified psy-trancer - I understand their trepediation.

In my opinion, Amanda and Neuromotor didn't help much to win these people over - although admittedly a handful of certified-mainiacs on this form and the dance floor loved it.

I'd like to see this culture grow - and I'd like to have a party that ALL kinds of the psychedelic people would enjoy - and for this...the party did offer something for everyone (in the night time) and big kudos to the orginizers for that! This party went half way - it brought all the people togther - now the next step in quantum evoloution would be to get them dancing and NOT SCARE MOST OF THEM OFF in the middle of the night. We'd see many new faces smiling as the morning sun rose up - trapped in the dance, unable to stop or slow down - THAT would be a real psychedelic miracle.

that's just my dream. I'm into the and maybe my ego just needs to get worked through a blender...but I am sooner to give up psytrance than give up smiling and listen to Xenomorph all morning if that's what the culture "evolves" to. And most psychedelic people I know are smilers...do you want to alienite them or integrate them?

I want to welcome and integrate them..and not scare them off or tire them out....but everyone has a different idea of how to do it..

-------

Bom shankar, lose your mind, and dance till your calf muscles ache!
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : May 14, 2004 07:13
Instead of repeating yourself to death and to give up your dreams, you should just start standing for what you believe. So do the party the way you want to, and let the rest pursue their destiny and fulfill their duties.

I know for a fact, those ppl in the images are just doing that.

BOM!
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : May 14, 2004 16:55
right on francisco....enuff said
Krod20
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : May 14, 2004 19:53
Nice pics of the MOE crew in action missing the sf
vibe...
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Awakening Divine Inspiration~Portland OR~May 8 2004
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance