First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

ASTRAL PHOENIX *COSMA TRIBUTE*

Mike Indidginus
Indidginus

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Mar 30, 2003 14:44
Great party (although a bit too rammed for my tastes).

Psysex's set rocked Nice one Yoni & Uri

It was nice to meet the Belgian contingent (Birgen, Ine & Nils). Thanks for the good vibes It was good to meet Asi & Jon too. It's great to put names to faces (or should that be the other way round. I'm tired.... . Sorry that I didn't get a chance to speak to you guys again, but I had trouble moving. It felt like I was commuting at times! And was I the only one who got confused by all the stairs? Damn, it's lucky I don't take drugs any more, or I'd never have got out of the place!

Indidginus Website - http://www.indidginus.com | http://www.indidginus.com/mailing_list.html
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Mar 31, 2003 02:10

http://www.infected-mushroom.net/Phorum/read.php?f=1&i=7560&t=7560

http://www.infected-mushroom.net/Phorum/read.php?f=1&i=7568&t=7568
Cactus Shmactus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 31, 2003 13:28
WHIIIIHHAAA!!! What a party.

We arrived at about 11, when (I think) Eyal and Ido where mixing. From the beggining on the music was killer and the crowd was well up for it. After several beers and splifs, Psysex came on. WOW. They are definitely one of my favorite acts. Their music is powerfull and interligent. I would have to say that IMO they are the most missunderstood group (They should be far more recognized then they are now). ITs a bit like Doctor Pepper is the most missunderstood drink (its delicious). Goblin also mixed some amazing tunes. Anyway, then came infected mushroom, who kicked ass. I think its amazing how they have the gutts to change their style every time. Its hard to say that about many acts. TO finish the night off was Ido's tribute to cosma, which was certinaly good. The only problam, was that I think he turned the bass up a little too much, which was muffling the other sounds.
Yea, i guess it was crowded, but if you went to the front to join the sweaty shirtless vatos you soon found it a pleasure to be packed tight with the crowd, that on average took 12 pills and 3 acids (well, I had 12 spliffs and 3 bears). Anyway, amazing party, keep it up Mike

Peace, Love and Chicken grease
Doron (cactus shamctus)
Asi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  104
Posted : Mar 31, 2003 15:43
oh yeaaaaaa, now this is what i call a Party !!!

since they open the doors at 21:30 the dancefloor got pack in 1 hour, people were standing outside from 20:00.....i never saw something like that, before 23:00 the place was pack, but with beutyfull people and great great vibe.

Eyal and Udi (Goblin), gave us 2 hours of very intelligence music with great mixing, lots of infected, sub6, psysex, astrix and more new and unreleased tunes, and each track that they put was just better and better, ho and the sound was one of the best i'v heard sharp clean and loud, i couldnt think of a better sound then this venue.

Psysex live....hmmm, what can i say...Roooockkking, the new album is sure going to be a killer, yoni with the drums and udi with the synth...the crowd loved it, me too , psychedelic to the max, groovy to the max and very happy to the max

then Eyal was back to play us some more powerfull music...and i could see the vibe of the crowd everyone on the dancefloor was dancing non stop.

ho infected infected....its dosnt matter if you liked their music or not, when they are live its a diffrent story, let me tell you something i'v never saw before, when they started erez playied classical tunes on the synth (live of course, yea!?), that was wicked, they absolutly rockkkkkeedd that dancefloor, i could see the drowd from the stage, and they were dancing like there is no tommorow, when they finished, all the people on the dancefloor and on the balcony put their hands in the air, then i realise that this is not a party its a concert, it was Amazing.

at about 5:00 ido (domestic), gave us cosma set, he started with "the time has come" wich is a great tune...is all set was good but i think it was a bit dark for this time of the party.

A N Y W A Y.....This venue, was a proffesional from all aspects, lights, decor, all was just good.
the music was great from the begining to the end.

was really great to see lots of people that i know...and that i met.
and would like to thank mike and all the people that made this Party.

(-:"The Psychoactive Is So Powerfull
Since The Discovery Of L.S.D"
:-)
eleusinia

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 31, 2003 16:09
good cause !!!!!
in honor of cosma..
keep the good work going ...
boom
jon
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 31, 2003 16:50
i was looking forward to this party cos every recent party Ive been to has had weak points with respect to the music and I had a feeling this would not be the case with Astral Phoenix.... phew! - I was right!!!! The music was extremely powerful from being to end with the most up to date israeli sound, on a ridiculous sound system! At one point my pals decided to dance near the front speakers, but my _eyebrows_ were vibrating too much cos of the music, so I had to move back:)

[btw: ok i was helping out so if you think this disqualifies me from writing this post then, well..... skip it!!]

It is difficult to talk about the different sets cos I was dancing quite a bit, but also chatting a lot. I remember the Live sets most.... especially the emotionally charged last set from Ido. The Cosma tunes he was playing were of exceptional quality, I thought. Some of Infected's set was too melodic for me and I preferred the last time they played at Astral Phoenix.... but they were still extremely good, and it is a great feature of their live set that it is totally different in character each time they play. I didnt appreciate Psysex properly cos I was on the back door at the time, but they sounded like they were suitably rocking the place:)

We all knew the party was gonna be crowded + sold out and indeed this was the case. But I think there was room to dance, especially at the back in the bar area. I dunno but I felt there was more room than last time.... maybe cos Mike deliberately sold less tickets on this occasion. Like last time it was great to look up at the balcony from the main floor and see everyone dancing upstairs as well..... also it was a friendly crowd I thought....

The decor was ok but maybe there could have been a bit more. I mean there was no giant octopus hanging from the ceiling for example hehe.... the lighting on the other hand was AMAZING!!!

Really I had a fantastic time and it was the most fun I have had at party that I can remember! Yeah i know this is a cheesy thing to say!! ... but standing, looking at everyone dancing around, and listening to the music, I was in a state of complete awe at times! Ok enough gushing.

Great to meet you briefly too Mike (indiginous)! Also everyone else I met... and most of all thanks to Mike for putting on a party of staggering dimensions! One cannot go to another party like Astral Phoenix in England!

see you all at chichime next week hehe (well hopefully not _all_ or else it'll be a bit packed in the EQ).
NeutroN
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 01:19
What can I say after all these reviews? I only had one problem in this party... well their is always one problem, i didnt enjoy psysex live due to lack of space, I could not dance it was to packed i tried to move and it only got worse. but when it came to infected mushroom's live their was planty of space for me to go mad, and I must say what a live that was very power

Apart from that everything else was great, decor, ppl, lights...

Thanks Mike for this great party...
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 1, 2003 01:49
Quote:

On 2003-04-01 01:19, NeutroN wrote:
What can I say after all these reviews? I only had one problem in this party... well their is always one problem, i didnt enjoy psysex live due to lack of space, I could not dance it was to packed i tried to move and it only got worse. but when it came to infected mushroom's live their was planty of space for me to go mad, and I must say what a live that was very power

Apart from that everything else was great, decor, ppl, lights...

Thanks Mike for this great party...

I think the space problem during psysex (@1am) was because it took a while for ppl to distribute themselves & find the massive balcony arena & other rooms (the venue is a Labyrinth)...i am assuming the majority of ppl just wanted to check the main dance auditorium (Naturally) when they arrived (11pm-1am)...

Ok, i will be writing my own personal experience in a few days after i have recovered from the SHOCK of it all...

... and as my memory banks need more space to upload all the events & emotion of this one!!!
RedZebra2

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 11:01
I didn't make it to Astral Phoenix unfortunately, but I saw Psysex last time they were in London (at EQ) and I have to agree, they are amazing live. A lot of energy and spirit.

Glad to hear everyone had a goot time!

seeya
RedZebra
PsYoNiC
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 13:16
Indeed a killer party and most has been said above my feeling said there was even more crowd...didn't got the chance to place the trance dance...the music was as expected splendid!! Ido's tribute set came really strong...our own little way of saying grace...Keep on trancing            ...the mind is like a parachute...it doesn't work unless it's open...
www.sixofour.org
JanUa

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 13:51

killer location, killer sound system (altough last time, so it seemd, the Mid frequency sound were better, this time more base power ... some sounds were lost with every kick) very nice deco - better than last time - and KILLER music - Psysex rocked the place - tribute set by Ido was very nice (good work Domestic! nice to tink about ) and infected were also very nice ... but man - TOOOOOOO crowded!!! even more poeple than last time - last party it was already way to crowded ... is it about Music/vibe or Money dude? ... this ruined in some way the party for me ... no more big parties in england for me.

Indidginus - indeed - nice seeing you again - till nxt time - your place our mine ;-)

anyway - big up to the energy input of the organisation ...           ...six.O.four...pSycHedeliC.OrganiSaTIon...3ô... .. .
Afterhourz

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 15:10
Hey but Janua since it was a tribute to Cosma it was expected to have so much people there. How was infected in comparison to last time? I bet that Psysex rocked with such a soundsystem ... next time I'll be there again...
JanUa

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 19:53
what is about a tribute when you almost can't enjoy the music that is played cause you can't dance to it - nothing - indeed ... and to be honest - i don't think everybody knew what it was about - or even knew the work of Avihen ... more people doesn't neccesary mean more respect ...

infected were good, their music kicks ass - but the live was better last time - Erez didn't play alot on his synth while last time he didn't stop playing it ... missed those sounds sometimes ... but i think every artist has got his times of energy and times of rest ... so nothing abnormal about this.

and yes - psysex rocked indeed! ... beware the third album! "Come in peace".           ...six.O.four...pSycHedeliC.OrganiSaTIon...3ô... .. .
Astral Mike
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 1, 2003 20:54
Janua, what did you expect? It was INFECTED MUSHROOM !!!

If you dont like packed parties, dont go to infected gigs, everyone knows it will be a sell-out!

700-1000 ppl was turned away, and so we had the same numbers as before, but with the extra room in the basement open. Still I guess ppl just liked it more on the main dance floor than before...

If the main floor was too busy for you, why not go upstairs to the massive balcony arena (it had good sound too).

Also, i have to dissagree about your comments on Infected, were you standing watching erez all the way during his set? Imo i thought he played more on the synth than last time, and by the reaction from the crowd, infected kicked-ass!!!!! Did you not witness what happened when they finished their set?????

Anyway, the Music/Vibe was Incredible (which is very rare these days) so i am happy with that!

pavi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Apr 1, 2003 21:43
I missed it!

You pulled it off again Mike, great to see so much positive feedback!

*magic* eh?

Within this timeless gathering,
a shining light does dance,
lost from conscious memory,
but visible in trance!

www.alchemyrecords.co.uk
Trance Forum » » Forum  UK - ASTRAL PHOENIX *COSMA TRIBUTE*
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance