Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam (TIP World, 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam (TIP World, 2004)

Templar^
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  105
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 12:31
Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam

TIP World, 2004

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/tip/tip1cd036.html

1. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Space
2. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Om Nama Shiva
3. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - A.C. Lator
4. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Metalaizer
5. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Aztechno Dream
6. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - Good Vibes
7. Alien Project Vs Space Cat - 007
8. Alien Project Vs Space Cat -Trancemega

A note from psyshop.com / TIP World's site:

Following hot on the heels of the outstanding album by Alien Project "Groovy", Ari the Alien has teamed up with Avi the Space Cat to catapult us into another stratosphere. The collaboration fell together and gelled instantly. A project that came together very quickly, after all night studio sessions and in between numerous gigs around the world. It came out of nowhere, within a lunar cycle and it's a real treat for all. The quality and the vibe are so high that the benchmark has yet again
been raised. Groovy was outstanding... have we cleared it, we think so press play and let us know. Enjoy.

... yeah, right. I'd laugh if it wasn't so pathetic. And now for the review:

Dear Mom,

I'm at the end of the TIP World's "Space Jam Camp". Things were supposed to be magnificent. It turned out to be the other way round. Let me start from the beginning...

In my live I've been to many camps. TIP's camps were one of my favourites. Just to mention The Yellow Camp, Orange, Blue, 3D and so on... Then all of a sudden the people behind the camps changed their signature to TIP World. Phew, I thought then that they were gonners, yet they wre still able to arrange some of the best camps around. The Mystery Of The Yeti Camp gave me shivers like nothing else before. The Unlimited Camp with the Logic Bomb guys was a smasher. The Mystery Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls Camp was just brilliant! Christoff, Logic Bomb guys, Si', Raja and the others... damn, this was a CAMP! Booze, chicks, splendid MUSIC... The second edition of it (The Secret Of The Thirteen Crystal Skulls Camp) was good too, but I've noticed the lack of vodka, too much psy-disco music, the chicks were uglier and had smaller boobs and there were some boring people on the camp site (one of them was Astrix as far as I can remember, now don't laugh, he has nothing to do with the Astrerix and Obelix, this is just a nickname of "a very talented israeli musician"; the second one was one the guys responsible for Space Jam Camp), who made me yawn a lot. After that, it was straight from a downhill... sad but true. Even the camp which gathered a lot of guitar fans (The 6 Stringadelica Camp if my memory is correct) didn't fix TIP World reputation. I myself was still looking into the future hoping for a good camp with the likes of the previous ones. And boy, how foolish was I to think so...

The main thingy of this camp are parties in a nearby club. Well, to be honest, the music played in it is mainly fluoro-rave, which makes me feel like listening to most of israeli music hiding under the "psychedelic trance" disguise. I guess the name says it all. The whole story of this music is based on very simple tricks we've had on previous camps, we have the same patterns over and over. Mom, it's boring as hell! I can't stand it and the rest of the kids can't either. The guys who run this camp (Alien and Cat, two guys from Israel; I resepct the second one, as for Alien, well, I don't think much about him to say it politely) repeated the same activities over and over, I feel like I was on some camp from the previous two years. What is more, I'm was bullied by some fellows who were at the previous parties. Their names are Aztechno Dream and Trancemega, to mention only those two. I won't go into details about particular days of the camp because, to be honest, there isn't anything interesting to write about.
Frankly, I'm worried about the usage of my pen on this letter - this whole event isn't worth of my ink.

Right now I'm packing my baggage. Someone wrote on the board with the TIP World logo "This Is Pure U Know What". A true sign of vandalism, but then again I can't argue with that. I'm leaving, my friends are disappointed and I'm also disappointed, as I was with many previous camps by TIP World crew. Please mom, send me some money so that I can go on a Twisted Camp. They never let me down and, furthermore, they do not lie about being great and all. "The benchmark has yet again been raised." Heh, now that's a good one...

Hugs & kisses

Charles          www.ektoplazm.com/2011/panta-deus - download for free Psytrance.pl's 10th anniversary compilation featuring 100% Polish psy-music (goa, prog, dark, full-on, chillout): Artha, Sundial Aeon and many more

www.psytrance.pl - Polish psytrance website
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 14:48
Thanks man it is outstanding review. There is no much details 'bout those tracks on a disc but you have reproduce my own feeling quite right.
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 15:44
liked what u wrote           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Tralala

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 15:51
to be honest, i really think Alien Project has to stay off the scene for a while and try to come up with fresh ideas, he hasnt shown much progress lately....sad thing that Orion and Spacecat added their own tracks in his cd...
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 17:51
very amusing style of writing, i have yet to hear the cd.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 20:17
I laughed my pants off when i read it and i cried rivers when i heard the CD.
Poor Avi, there goes another childhood hero

BTW, can someone be kind enough to give me a ride to the Twisted camp? Some tall guy with long hair and Tip.World t-shirt took all my gasoline and now i'm stuck.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
BrettFromTibet
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 20:22
I don't like the cover art... a little too light for my tastes...

the music sounds fun, bright, clean, loud... and formulatic....we have heard these patterns and noises before!

orianer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 5, 2004 21:59
after "Aztechno Dream" alien project became my favorite artist. killer tunes.
but what is going on my friend?
waiting for u to come back - BOOM           PsYcHeDeLiC music!!!! -==-=--==
HaVe FuN - PeAcE!!

Mobile 0542388566
within

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Aug 6, 2004 02:01
Great review man!!! could'nt (really) have said it better
write more!!!
Ruod-Rik
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  28
Posted : Aug 6, 2004 02:44
Great cd this one Congratulations all the music are great with good melodies and good basslines and the cover dont like much but its ok

Dj Ruod-Rik [Platinum Records]           V/A Exotica OUT NOWW
Davolo

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Aug 6, 2004 03:01
I like the style of your review. Well done.
Pity there is nothing positive to write home about.
ChoBo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Aug 6, 2004 06:50
Hey Templar! Great style there man in the review! I have been listening to samples more and more of this album because it is high in the charts on most psyshops around. Glad i read this too, i didnt really liked what i hear.

And yes Tralala i think you are right on that.
firedancergirl

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 7, 2004 01:23
I thought that some tracks sounded like older ones. Are they remakes?
rippa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Aug 7, 2004 01:26
Quote:

On 2004-08-07 01:23, firedancergirl wrote:
I thought that some tracks sounded like older ones. Are they remakes?

yeah those are remixes/remakes mixes and mixture between 2 tracks and more from stuff released before from avi and ari.           I'm The Superviz'a Can I Get The Taxi Numbah?!
ericsson
Kali-Frogz

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Aug 7, 2004 12:22
Templar^> what a style! exellent review! Should write some books or novels about disapointing parties you where in....could be amazing!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Alien Vs The Cat - Space Jam (TIP World, 2004)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance