Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Acidance's latest cover issue
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Acidance's latest cover issue

----Dawn----
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posts :  789
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 02:03
Quote:

On 2006-02-01 23:18, floatyhippyflower wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-02-01 19:45, Evil Fucker wrote:
So, Do you watch Horror movies and read Horror books ?
If yes, why? Why do you read them ? or see them
Are you also disgusted by them ? they contain blood and other brutal stuff don’t they !?


Difference is these are real pictures of real people suffering or dead as a result of real events, not images of horror you know in advance aren't actually happening. I'm not pro-censorship by any stretch of the imagination but I am pro-choice. And I'll tell you a true story of something this thread reminded me of that might demonstrate what I'm getting at.

When I was in my early twenties a rather horrible person I used to know showed me and my then boyfriend a movie. He was a film student who was interested in special effects and he told me before we all sat down to it that it was 'just' a horror flick, but one that had been banned for how realistic it was. The resolution of the video itself was very ropey and I assumed it was copied as a result. Anyway I sat for an hour and watched a young girl get her limbs cut off one by one before finally being decapitated. I could hardly bear to watch and spent much of it hiding behind my hands. I later found out it was a real snuff movie and the girl in the video had died before my eyes.

It took me and my boyfriend weeks to get over that; we both felt stupid and guilty for having believed it was just a horror film and the difference in my attitude towards my viewing it was very much different knowing it happened in real life. I didn't stay in touch with the guy long after the that but I still think about it nearly ten years later.

The point I'm trying to make here is that whatever "message" is being promoted by the release of this CD if any, the fact that it includes these images without a suitable level of warning means some people, who maybe don't already know of it's contents, have no choice but to view pictures of disturbing, real life events that they would otherwise choose not to see. I would think that a parental advisory sticker in the corner isn't really enough for some of the things being described here.

I understand what you say mist and I have no reason to suspect your motives were other than genuine. However I'd be interested to know if you are trying to make a statement about some of the world's ills, if any of the proceeds for this album are going to relevant charities connect with the events you depict? Were any of the families of the victims asked if it was OK to use such images of their loved ones? (I ask because I know I would be devastated if someone used pictures of someone I loved in that way, or even pictures of my own death for anything other than medical/research purposes, especially without my permission.) Do you campaign for the issues you are highlighting with your artwork in any other, external way? Or have personal experience of such events that might authenticate your message? Otherwise, with all due respect, I'm inclined to think the primary reason behind your inclusion of the photos was one of raising awareness for your new release, not awareness of the crimes themselves, by causing this kind of controversy. Clearly you're not stupid so you'll have been aware when agreeing to the contents that more people are likely to buy it just to see what the fuss is all about, like the curiosity people seem to feel when driving past a car accident for example.

Perhaps I'm wrong and just feeling a little cynical today though.





Well said Rina, especially the last bit...

I think the main thing to remember is that in almost every case when people in the ‘music’ industry do stuff like this it is for one reason only... to make money!. I think all we are doing with this post is playing directly into the hands of the people we are vilifying.

There is no such thing as bad publicity - especially when you are trying to flog something to people who would only be interested in it if they are told by others (especially those with some kind of authority over them) that they shouldn't be... and to that end, i'm sure this post has increased sales no end.

This situation is something that is as old as the music industry itself so don't give us all this 'our message is genuine' bollocks. We all hate Bush but the soul purpose of this 'artwork' is to make money by selling to gullible kids and adults who really should know better! Who in their right mind would buy this as an anti-war protest!?

The bottom line is this...

If you think something is wrong then complain to the people who can put it right.

If you think it is illegal/unlawful then take it to the authorities.

But most importantly...

If you think this kind of thing doesn't deserve the oxygen of publicity then don't give it any!

Btw…

Quote:

On 2006-02-01 23:59, mist wrote:
i am proud of what the label accomplished with this one




I fucking bet you are! Ker'ching!
          Am i the only one who believes in solipsism?
floatyhippyflower


Started Topics :  5
Posts :  538
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 02:13
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 02:03, ----Dawn---- wrote:

Everything you just said.


You are absolutely right, and what a sad state of affairs. A no-win situation for those who might have issues with it. We've all played right into it.

*sigh*

R XX

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posts :  5388
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 02:24
Quote:

On 2006-02-02 01:31, woutski wrote:
Raising awareness...
Maybe it's me, but making 'hippies' aware of the fact that war is bad is kinda like preaching to the converted innit?



very good point, only counter to that is that whoever is responsible believes they their audience isnt i guess... very sad state of afairs if this is the case.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
vegetal
Vegetal/Peacespect

Started Topics :  19
Posts :  1055
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 02:31
Quote:

Do you? Read through the thread again mist; the fact that as many postees question your motives as defend them demonstrates quite clearly that this is not the case and your message hasn't come across to a large number of people for whom it was intended.



Maybe its just me, but to me the motives are crystal clear!
BUT does this mean im smarter than others or has this something to do with the “ignorant masses” ?

Quote:

Don't you think others have a right to decide what they want to see?



No one is being forced to watch these pictures in a “clockwork orange”-maner accompanied with loud music by Beethoven.
Or at least I hope no one ever will

Quote:

To all those who say “don’t like it don’t buy it” – ordinarily I’d agree with you but in June’s case, she purchased the album for the music from a website and didn’t have any idea beforehand she’d see the photos in question. Do you think you have the right to subject people to real images of torture and death without their prior consent and an appropriate level of warning?



Is this something to blame mist for? If someone should be blamed for this don´t you think it would be more relevant to blame the internet shops for not exposing the whole product, since you can´t see and touch the product like in a ordinary records shop.
Your only option here is to put a "Parental advisory"-bullshit sticker on the cd or write -warning this cd contains pictures of animals having sex, or -this cd contains pro-drug-statements.
Again we need to protect the children, from all that is bad, right!



An example: I go on amazon.com and order a flatscreen tv but I end up getting a broken tv with a turd in it, I don´t blame Sony, NO I blame amazon.


Quote:

I think it’s patronising to assume that it’s your duty to raise awareness - that people ‘need’ to see these things before they understand that they happen. (Especially within a scene that’s so full of fluffy, left-wing, socially ‘switched-on’ hippy-types, being totally honest about the targeted demographic here.)



Where did he say that it was his “duty” to raise awareness?
He has an opinion and he want to express it, “got freedom of speech”,, anyone ?
The only difference is that he packed it in cold facts rather than wrapping it up in fluffy satin sheets with printed aliens and psychedelic mushrooms.

Seriously this discussions really reminds me of what i´ve been reading in the news this week, the published caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad.
Anyone else see any similarities?

And one last thing, if you think im gonna get this cd? i say hell yeah! not because of the music, noop, im gonna buy it and frame it because everytime i´d see it, it would put a great smile on my face! because it would always remind me of this topic
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posts :  371
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 04:41
The picture's are nothing one woudn't see in a war-documentary, and aren't needlessly gory. They show a facet of reality that trancers don't think about very often, and that's a good thing I'd say. It is possible to get one's head blown open for an idiotic reason in this world, and children die by the cartloads, and the label is fully aware that people don't like to think about these things when enjoying their trance... that's why they put the images there.

In any case, if you have a problem with it, throw the booklet away.

There's really no need to go around calling the people behind the release and those that are not against it "SICK FREAKS".           Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posts :  4445
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 07:51
lol ..wats the big deal ? what the good ppl @ acidance have tried here is to make a sort of a statement here about whats wrong with the world today .. it kinda fits well when u take in in context of the cd ..its pretty aggressive fast paced hard psytrance .. nothing wrong with it at all .. in fact its pretty tame compared to what all u can see on tv .. try watching the news sometime .. lol .. its ok to like trance and do acid and be shanti etc .. .. but when u get to the point u cant `handle` an innocent cd cover .. ..time to stop being so hippy and face the world .. this is nothing .. god help the dude who started this thread .. pussy

ps : heres a link for the cover in case someone is interested

http://s60.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2WJRV2PGVX9R30LAMU6N5Z2CQ5



s0ft
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posts :  825
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 08:09
i can see points from both sides.
ill say more when i work out the details of my own opinion.
          The IsraTrance MySpace Group:
http://groups.myspace.com/isratrance

DJ Trypta Sets:
http://waxdj.com/djs/4354/
Shawnodese
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  140
Posts :  2338
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 08:44
<<<<<The point I'm trying to make here is that whatever "message" is being promoted by the release of this CD if any, the fact that it includes these images without a suitable level of warning means some people, who maybe don't already know of it's contents, have no choice but to view pictures of disturbing, real life events that they would otherwise choose not to see. I would think that a parental advisory sticker in the corner isn't really enough for some of the things being described here.>>>>



I'm sorry but this really makes me laugh, I dunno who wrote this but oh-my-god....poor innocent psytrance victims of brutal violence. How could Acidance ever do such a thing to all these sweet pink fairies bubblin' their booty on peaceful shroomy tunes and fluffy pics of peaceful aliens (are they really?), shame on you Acidance !!!!

Come on people...are u made of sugar nowadays? Of course it's not the most pleasant stuff to watch but nobody forces you to watch or listen to it. This sort of accusations reminds me of my mother screaming that she got forced to listen to my music when she was visiting me @ my place and complaining endlessly about it....as if I forced her to come visit me. Nobody forced you to buy the cd, watch the cover or anything....but if you choose to wanna listen to it, then respect the point of view of the artist here that chooses to express himself or herself in a certain way. That's what music and other artforms are about, expressing personal feelings or views. If you don't like it.....release your own soft-pink-pussy-fluff-stuff and just don't buy it. It's useless pointing fingers and acting like a baby saying things that "people get forced to look at pictures that they wouldotherwise rather not see" and more nonsense like this. You can still look the other way indeed 'cause it's not as if your stuck with urhead in a set of braces and with ur eyelids being ripped wide open and no way out right? Grow up...get real....this is what's happening out there and if you don't like it, look the other way please.....that's what choice is about after all, you don't have to watch, like my mom didn't have to listen to my music !!!!!           Mind Funk Records
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
www.myspace.com/shawnodese
www.myspace.com/mindfunkmusic
Wizard Lizard
Wizard Lizard

Started Topics :  11
Posts :  205
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 09:14
I can Relate To both sides
acidance have made a really breave thing here and took a stand to open pepole eye's of the hard world we live in , and yes it is very imprortant to realise that the facts of life - and among them is death
i come from israel where we see alot of terror and we can relate to this image's some of us even saw it in there own eye's , so for thoes of you that are not aware of vilolent this might open some things in your preception , but i still prefer to see mind twisting psychodelic on cover's insted of blood
but in this praticular case acidance have posted here that they dident do it as a concept of horror trance , that loves pain and sepport violent !!
they say exactlly the opessite here .
Will Dogon


Started Topics :  7
Posts :  132
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 11:18
I'd still like to ask acidance, if they truly believed in publishing the images (including one of a REAL rape of a woman!).....why didn't they use one of these images on the outside as cover art?

Could kill the sales a bit eh? It's a really devious trick to hide the images away inside a booklet hidden inside a pocket in the cd case.           "Nothing would be what it is, Because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary-wise-what it is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"
http://www.myspace.com/willdogon
http://www.myspace.com/materiarecords
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posts :  2014
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 11:57
Quote:

On 2006-02-01 22:38, DWH wrote:
I looked at those picture now, and I can't see what's the fucking fuzz is about.. For sure it looks like a bunch of vegan-al-qaida-extreme-left-protestorfucks from the middle east with their ak47's and stuff, but nothing else that really discusted me.

You wimps are fucking lucky not to know Henrik Björkk.



Hehehe, I do know him, so what about him ???           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posts :  6106
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 11:59
What does the artists involved in this compilation feel about their name beeing on a album with pictures like these?

I miss trippy images for trippy music
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  311
Posts :  8630
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 12:02
Jee and i thought putting Raja Ram on the cover with panties is considered a bad taste.
Acidance, i hope you are aware that the money that you'll get from selling this release will backfire on you.
BTW, does the family of the dead people on the cover will get their money?
Killer music indeed.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posts :  6106
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 12:07
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/80186/forum/9 to read the review.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Acidance's latest cover issue
← Prev Page
7 8 9 10 11 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon


Copyright © 1997-2020 IsraTrance