Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - v/a A Violent Reaction (Acidance)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

v/a A Violent Reaction (Acidance)

Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 18:14
v/a A Violent Reaction (Acidance)

Tracklist:

1.Parasense vs Samadhi - Liberation
2.Dissociactive - Agitation
3.Triskell - Cancellation
4.Abomination - Contradiction
5.Talk Sick - Opposition
6.Neuromotor - Premonition
7.Damage - Termination
8.Nrs vs Bolt - Annihilation
9.Phatmatix - Mutilation
10.Xenomorph - Violation

This compilation benefits of a whole concept with a little booklet from which extreme contents (photos+texts) represents the name of each track from the compilation as you can guess it is very politically oriented; and just for this first step of creation for the compilation Acidance deserves some support.

1>Alex Parasense already cooked by the past some psy mixtures based on samba rythmic (the 2 tracks on v/a Subculture). Liberation is a new try but the samba rythmic part is more discret & fit better with the rest : some powerful electrified leads & a global high-energy. The result make progress without being extraordinary.

2>Dissociactive still delivers heavy psy & trippy music with more or less brainwave; compared to their debut album Blockout released recently, i situated this new tune in their average-low level quality. If you dig this song, seriously think checking their album which is better.

3> I never felt lots of enthusiasm for previous Triskell productions but times change and Cancellation is actually the most accomplished tune from this artist upto now. He succeeds in getting over a stage with production:more melodic/harmonic coherences. Thanks to him we get also coloured leads & different fx compared to previous tracks, especially the nice & weird nasal lead from 6'40. Let's hope he could keep going this good way.

4>Abomination directly starts with a gloomy atmosphere, the Timecode trademarks are obvious here (btw he's a Timecode artist if i'm not wrong ). The starting vaporous & shrill organ lead nicely makes your blood run cold & haunts without delay your head all along with its come-back; the filtered synth appearing around 2'50 for the transition positivly contributes too to the mysterious ambience.

5>Toxic (oups Talk Sick, but i prefer the former name) presents a rocking tune through Opposition with explosive tones all along backfiring after 1'30, at 2'53 there's a too short passage with a fucking good groovy bassline then later some electric riffs which get closer to elephant's trumpeting (after 6'00).

6>We penetrate into a more basic full on area here, i skip.

7>Damage tried here to renew the success of Predator using nearly the same receipe. It doesn't make a doubt, the guy has found a personnal style (element that few artists can claim & be proud of) nevertheless Termination isn't as brilliant as its original matrix. Because it lacks the fucking silly energy coming out & furthermore it sounds warmed up despite some attempt of differenciation such as the sweet part (from 5'50) & a longer development. All in all Termination isn't bad, i guess it'll appear, for some people, just like a Predator's clone.

8>Annihilation is too flat for me but It wakes up nicely on the end from 5'15. The main worry resides in the too much all along compressed harmony. I consider the tune as ideal stuff for djs in their mix but taken individually it's not good enough for home listening according to me.

9>Second french artist of the compilation, after Triskell here comes Phatmatix. The beginning is very strange with dark & cold religious men chant. From 2'34 a warning siren is rising in the background. The tune turns apocalyptic at 4'45 with this zombish lead. Around 6'30 a kinda funny rebellion is happenning like if zombies would like recovering their souls running after them & trying to catch something invicible, intangible which always seems to get away from them .

10>A woman with some big worries, someone with big knifes & an old phone ringing, that's the samples opening Violation. The tune as the reflection of the title is brutal, violent, unexpected (like the sudden slow motion break at 2'50) & dark raw. At 5'19 starts a timer sound in the background pre-announcing an explosion. On the end, a man seems becoming mad just before the final shut down ...

climaxs:3,4,5,9
outsider:10

Close to Dirty South for the music style in a lower quality but the booklet concept saves A Violent Reaction. Otherwise it's nise to notice some quality from french darkpsy artists. Indeed that's a pity the music isn't as good as the concept tracknames/design even if the tunes match with them.
7,5/10
jorg06

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 25, 2006 19:58
very very bad album ... ((

most tracks - big shit ... sorry offTOP

4/10
Datakult
Datakult

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 27, 2006 16:59
Quote:

Indeed that's a pity the music isn't as good as the concept tracknames/design

indeed
scizoeffective

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 28, 2006 13:50
cant say the same thing.
i think that the graphics and the whole concept are exceptional, something new and diffenent, it follows in a way the neuromotor cd concerning the artwork.
As for the music itself the two tracks that are not acidance style and dont fit so much in this story are
NRS vs Bolt and Damage

Liberation 8/10
Agitation 6/10
Cancellation 9/10
Contradiction 7/10
Opposition 8/10
Premonition 8/10
Termination 7/10
Annihilation 6.5/10
Mutilation 9/10
Violation 10/10

overall 7.85/10
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jan 29, 2006 07:33
only track i liked on this comp is nrs vs bolt.

what happpeeennnddd to damage ???
mikeonacid
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  78
Posted : Jan 29, 2006 19:46
reall good track in my opinion ...

toxic , neuromotor , phatmatix ...well the whole concpet is really deep and involve .i love it !!!

but nothing i heard was like full on...very psychedelik...

good work !!!          http://www.noizeconspiracy.com

Combat - New Generation
VA - Greekedelia
VA - Endangered Species
Psychotic Micro - Edge of Sanity
VA - League of Shadows
Delysid - Noize Infection
VA - Twilight Vision soon...
frederick
Neuromotor

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Jan 29, 2006 19:49
full on ...hummmmmmmmmm really interresting man ...........

what ever dark , full on .psychedelik ...morning ..progressive... i think it is all about music that we unfortunatly most often forgot , but anyway ...the concept is real good ..and thanks to guys like them to give us the chance to express our personnal politics opinion...that also one of the purpose of art !!!

PsyKnight

Posted : Jan 30, 2006 21:27
Very bad quality, i got it today... Maximum gain, and still no red:(

I listen to the first two musics, and remove it from cdj, bad masterization
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : Jan 30, 2006 22:17
i think the concept itself is very good.maybe we need more alboms or compilations not just simply releasing music..without any context.simply releasing.
well this one was made with a purpose and i congratulate all artists that went throught with it.
the music it is not my cup of tea, but i respect the artists own tastes, and applaude such an initiative.           ...
Greennun

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jan 31, 2006 10:29
Personally i thought it is a good album, very nice design in terms of the cover and the booklet, lots of effort has gone into it.
The only problem i had is that the overall levels on the cd is slightly lower than most cd's, i got this cd and the naked tourist together, in comparison the acidance is much lower than the latter.
Damage and xenomorph are the terrible songs in the comp, all the others kick ass.
A very nice cd to add to the collection.
Boom
          "If Pac man had affected us as kids we'd be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive music”.
drug666s666tore
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Feb 1, 2006 18:43
WwOWOo

i have a copy.. nice cd.. interesting work!!!
BIG PROBLEM is overall levels very LOWwwwwww!!

What up? need new cd with master ok !

Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 11:52
Quote:

On 2006-02-01 18:43, drug666s666tore wrote:
WwOWOo

i have a copy.. nice cd.. interesting work!!!
BIG PROBLEM is overall levels very LOWwwwwww!!

What up? need new cd with master ok !

Yep. In this day and age we cannot stand for this. Especially not after being treated so well with mastering by the likes of Son Kite, Eargear, Morten Vinten, Keller.04 etc. Bad show for Acidance IMO.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 2, 2006 12:13
I guess they spent all the money on the cover and skipped the mastering.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
saar
Abomination

Posted : Feb 3, 2006 00:51
who did the mastering?
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Feb 3, 2006 07:40
probably xenormoph...he does most acidance comps

not saying he's doesn't know how to master but this one aint right..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - v/a A Violent Reaction (Acidance)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance