Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]

Brille

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 14:21
Artist: Ace Ventura
Title: Rebirth
Label: Iboga Records
Format: CD
Released: September 2007
Cover:
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ibo1cd050_b.jpg:CDs/ibo/ibo1cd050.html:;

1. Intro

2. Serenity now

3. Psychic Experience

4. Sao Paulo

5. Stimulator

6. Presence

7. M.a.r.s.

8. The Light

9. Exposed

http://iboga.itc.nu/index.php?menuItem=music_detail&release=368

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ibo/ibo1cd050.html

http://www.twohandsdistribution.com/rel.htm

Best album in my opinion in 2007.

Bought it yesterday in Copenhagen at a recordshop, and its already blasting out of my stereo at home.
Thank You Ace & Big Applauses for this incredible album, looking forward to see you in Ibogas homeland the 11 January.

Peace
Emil
yeti

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 28, 2007 16:48
Quote:

On 2007-09-28 15:21, Galaxian wrote:
wow what a review! thanks for the details!

Gotta love sarcasm

Some of the samples sounds pretty sweet, especially:
"Serenity now"
"Sao Paulo"
"Stimulator"
and "M.a.r.s.".
           - The yeti loves to drink shnaps too, so he's like a real shaman... he, uhm, uh, if you want to contact him, you have to put some alcoholic offerings in front of the forest.
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 14:56
1. Intro
2. Serenity now
3. Psychic Experience
4. Sao Paulo
5. Stimulator
6. Presence
7. M.A.R.S.
8. The Light
9. Exposed

Unless you have been living under the rocks in some Afganistanian cave you should already be familiar with Ace Ventura and with Iboga Records. If you're not, i can only suggest you pressing pause on your Astral Projection mini discs and smell the espresso. This is Ace's debut album and he releases it after a string of pretty successful single tracks on Iboga and Echoes records to name a few. The album consists of 8 tracks and one short intro in the beginning. So what's on the menu? Serenity Now, a small homage to Seinfeld, starts with indeed a quite laidback vibe, a nice taste of what comes next but not much more than that. The 3rd track, Psychic Experience, that was written with Mr. Capo aka Liquid Soul, a core member in the Iboga family with one hit album out. In this track, their second one together they really kick off the album. This is a firm dancefloor killer with catchy sample and strong rhythm. The 4th tune named Sao Paolo is the first barbaric track in this album. It presents Ace's trademark full-on in guise of progressive sound and this tune already causing havoc everywhere it's played. Including in Petach Tikva.
Stimulator, the 5th track was co written with Dani Keinan, aka, Intelabeam. Although this track sports really cool trippy sound it fails to really deliever. Some nice moments there but unfortunatelly nothing more than that. Presence, the 6th track is another barbaric monster. Heavy pounding beats that only towards the end leave some space for a tiny, yet efficient melody. Play it till the neighbours call the police. M.A.R.S is next and it's yet another stormer, fortified with a sample from the cult Total Recall movie and some vitamin 303 to send you back to the happy 90's. You'll dig to this one without asking. The 8th track was co written with Lish and it's probably the biggest hit here and if you've been to a party lately there is no way you could've missed it. This is a long, 10 minutes epic, with some serious hands in the air melodies and rhythmic changes. Killer one. The album is closed with Exposed. It's as expected more laidback tune, can't say it stands out in any way but after the track that came before not many tracks
would.

Bottom line: If you love your trance gentle but pounding. Melodic but not overly cheesy and if you enjoy the Iboga sound this album is a must. I think it tops easily everything they have released this year.

Favorites: 3! 4! 6!! 7!! 8!!!
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
duyoush
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  164
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 15:21
Nice album, although i expected it to be a little bit diffrent..

Over all great production and quality.
My fav here are : 8 & 4 .

Keep It Up Mr. Ventura

Cheers
          "The external world became changed as in a dream and colors became more glowing.When the eyes were closed,colored pictures flashed past in a quickly changing kaleidoscope.what had caused this condition?"
Albert Hofmann Laboratory Notes (1943)
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 17:51
8. The Light
absolutly amazing! they need start a project togheter!!

strong album all the way!

bOm..           For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
Janue
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 19:14

Man i loved the album , presence is my fav track just pumping and deep.

Mr ventura u pretty much kick ass.

Best album at this point!!           If u are Something, Dont ask for nothing
If u are Nothing, Dont ask for something
DJAmanita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Oct 1, 2007 22:14
The Light sports a fantastic time chage from 4/4 to 6/8 (think Doctorin' The Tardis by the KLF) Most people wont know this happened when you play this but they will FEEL it.

Waiting for the rest of this majick cd to do a full review.

Nice work Yoni!
Adam H
Para Halu

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 2, 2007 00:48
refreshing release... presence is a monster!!!
          www.parahalu.net
Bochi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 2, 2007 01:07

One of the best albums i ever heard

Ace Ventura ft. Lish - The Light

Track of the year for me...

i read a post about that they should make a project together, i agree, they should make...

Ace did it again

papay

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 06:56
besides intro and serenity now i find this boring to the max samething with gaudium cd "but thats just me"
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 11:50
i'm not much into progressive trance, usually i find it too lacking in the "drive" department, so i find myself listening to minimal techno instead. there are only a few artists i enjoy in this genre because they posses this feature of drive and power in their music. Ace is one of them.
not really gonna do a track by track analysis, because i think pavel did a good job of that already. i will say that i was quite impressed with the percussive elements of each and every track. i really enjoyed paying attention to the little 'games' and grooves, well done on that.
ill join the parade and agree that "presense" and "the light" are massive and excellent!
i think what Yoni posses is a sense of what makes bodies shake on the floor, this he took from his decorated full on days. coming from that genre in the past means that he has this extra quality in his production. Rebirth is quite an appropriate title to this debut. sorta like when hot rod snatched the matrix from galvatron inside unicron to become rodimus prime, leader of all autobots.
(or not?) at any rate - great production, great debut, great music!
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 17:10
This is an album that sets the standards for how psy prog CAN be - kicking, extremely danceable, but also atmospheric and home listening friendly. Personally I missed this kind of sound in last year's releases, which became more and more formulated and in the same direction of minor pad hits etc..

My personal highlights are Serenity Now ( that I played to death a year ago hehe ), Psychic Experience that brings that OMG-it's Goa Trance feeling so well, and The Light which is a standout emotional rollercoaster. Presence is another great track, my only draw back is the melody at the end that doesn't fit the greatness of the first 4 minutes, but still it is a dance floor monster.

Good luck Yoni with that release, not that you need any.
          A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
Asuhra
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 5, 2007 23:50
Great album. After years of waiting finally some good prog trance almost touching prog house.
I was hearing this CD on my car and the girl I was with which hates trance couldn't get enought of Ace Ventura. Masterpiece.           Opus Iridium
mk47
Inactive User

Started Topics :  118
Posted : Oct 6, 2007 06:29
good stuff
Nexus

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 6, 2007 10:05
3-4 tracks are amazing, the rest not so much
Still worth it for the good tracks.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance