Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]

Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Oct 6, 2007 13:44
damn, what an album
My favorites are 8,4,6,7,1 I love the intro ;P

I think one chilled\downtempo track is the one i miss here.
Great album for a first one, next one you wont be let out so easily Yoni!

u-recken
U-Recken

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 02:33
johny my man, congrats on the new albom!!!
havent heard it yet ,but ill get it ones ill leave the studio....
im happy i got too know you,top dude indeed!
keep on rockin:-)
          u-recken?
evgeny@aero-groove
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Oct 7, 2007 16:43
Congrats for finaly unleashing the beast bro, i know there's alot of heart & hard work in this piece of plastic which ppl were anxious to hear and feel

wish u all the luck in the world with this one, will be back with a proper review later...

OTR For Eva!           http://www.aero-groove.com
http://www.facebook.com/aerogroovemusic
http://twitter.com/aero_groove
Justin Chaos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Oct 8, 2007 14:49
It's alright

My fake plants died, because I did not pretend to water them.
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Oct 9, 2007 12:17
Artist : Ace Ventura
Album title : Rebirth
Label : Iboga records
Format : CD and MP3

Release date : sept 2007

Tracklist
1/ Intro
2/ Serenity now (135 bpm)
3/ Psychic Experience (135 bpm)
4/ Sao Paulo (135 bpm)
5/ Stimulator (135 bpm)
6/ Presence (130 bpm)
7/ M.a.r.s (135 bpm)
8/ The light (135 bpm)
9/ Exposed (135 bpm)

After the release, two years ago, of his seminal piece “Cardiac Arrest”, which instantly established him as one of the most hotly-tipped Progressive producers, things have gone pretty quickly for Ace Ventura. Of course, The fact that Yoni Oshrat (previously known for being one head of the Psysex project together with Udi Sternberg / DJ Goblin) was the man behind this humoristic moniker raised interest and signalled that an already much-lauded expert in sound production was giving up full-on to tackle the Progressive genre. And sure enough the interest in his production has never slackened : the selected releases he has delivered such as “Rebirth” at Blue Tunes, and R.I.S.E. at his home label, has established him as a contender of hard pounding, forceful Progressive, flavoured by full-on, which thrives in open air parties and unmistakably lights up dance floors. At the same time, it seems like his melodic vein has been more and better developed in cooperation with composers such as Liquid Soul (see “Let go” published at Iboga Mexico) and as Perfect Stranger in their original “Perfect Ace” released later at Echoes.
This debut album was announced a year or so ago, which says something about how much effort and attention our man must have put into its realization. It’s time to check out what this much-anticipated CD sounds like.

1/ The album starts with an almost 2mn long introduction, recalling the opening of some of his live sets, announcing and quoting some of the ingredients of the next piece. Nice!

2/ ”Serenity now” opens with thematic ideas and elements the orchestration that reminisce about a 2001 S-Range track, mixed with Freq’s seminal “Short life again”, especially in the rhythmic section. Evocation or tribute? Whatever it is, the Ace’s personal touch is nonetheless asserted right away in the details : the percussion treatment, the voice sample, the delay fx. Great!

3/ “Psychic Experience” is named after the voice sample that slinks along the track. It has this soft, yet irresistible groove that characterises the Liquid Soul touch in the bassline composition. The synth work is remarkable here : from the delay fx intro, it develops sweet, fragmented, airy, melodic material, contrasting in tone, punctuated here and there by distant percussions, and unified by the nice reverb fx. The break adds the “hands-in-the-air” dimension to the last sequences that reminds me of a recent Ticon hit and makes this track an absolute winner for the dance floor. More of that! (But I think there’s a third track ready in their sonic arsenal, isn’t there?)

4/ “Sao Paulo” starts (and closes) with a dark, forceful Technoish beat until a more pulsating trancey rhythmic combo steps in, eventually strengthened by a compelling string-like lead. Don’t expect fully developed melodic ideas in this one as it illustrates the rather raw energy Yoni delivers to dance floors, founded on mesmerizing percussions and his relentless sense of pulsation.

5/ “Stimulator” is the third track co-written with his buddy Dani Kenan aka Intelabeam, the two previous ones having been published at Domo and Hommega records. The flawless sense of orchestration together with the recurring echoing female voice sample manage to keep the interest intact even though it lacks a bit of fresh ideas.

6/ “Presence” has been already caned by some of the sharpest Progressive names and sure enough this is a dance floor stomper ! This is the only track at 130 bpm and it unleashes a rough, hammering tech-house energy that will spice-up any set of Djs who demand rapturous response from the floor, with his spooky synth motive and his steroid laced-bass, stripped down atmosphere until the distant voice sample, and then, the solemn melody step into the dance. This is massive!

7/ “M.a.r.s.” (acronym for what by the way?) is another trancey banger with its catchy as hell distorted laced synth and trippy little melodies that comes in after the short break. Yet another winner !

8/ “The light” is a collaboration with Lish and announces right from the intro the most emotional piece of this album, yet fuelled by the uncompromising sense of groove infused by the gentle lead and the ever rocking, chunky, then switching bassline. The melodic aspect is progressively built up into the track, culminating in the staggering break with the reverberated and cascading arpeggiated theme, gradually lacerated by the delay fx. And finally the payoff, the beat slams back in a slightly off beat fashion. The melody might sound syrupy to some discerning ears, but it sure does the emotional trick pretty well!

9/ “Exposed” is the appropriate piece for closing the album : a bumping, bouncy bassline overlays a distant bleeping synth which converses with powerful atmospheric pads all along the track until the abbreviated melody diffuses a soothing atmosphere.

Bottom line
So what did you expect from Ace’s debut album? Super fat and crystal clear production, devastating rhythms? Expectations fulfilled in a superb way! I guess one can pick out favourite pieces like Psychic experience, Presence, Mars, Sao Paulo, and The light, but there’s no weak track in this achievement. One can wish for more collabs, as the result is crowned with success and more tracks at lower bpm as he reveals himself as a precious provider of strong progressive grooves. This ranks with the top albums in the series of great releases by Iboga this year. Miss it at your own peril!

Aden

Related links:
www.myspace.com/aceiboga
www.iboga.dk
http://iboga.itc.nu/
drooid
Sun Control Species

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 9, 2007 15:28
nice review aden, i actually read the whole thing!

and congrats mr. yoni           the FATLINE is ending www.myspace.com/suncontrolspecies
aden
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  81
Posted : Oct 9, 2007 20:40
Quote:

On 2007-10-09 15:28, drooid wrote:
nice review aden, i actually read the whole thing!

and congrats mr. yoni

Thanx Bro! Yeah, maybe I'll make it shorter next time!
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Oct 10, 2007 12:36
Hi All !

Iboga Records is the hottest prog label of the last years in favor of spectacular compilations and albums, and the most awaited release (at least for me) is finally coming out. Ace Ventura is solo project of Yoni Oshrat, old groover and half of the full-onish duo - Psysex. Yoni is also responsible for a promising Electro project called "Schatsi". His debut album, Rebirth, has very high expectations after several lovely releases on varied labels such as Domo, Blue Tunes and Flow Records.
Lets check what is the story behind Yoni's rebirth.

Cover : http://217.160.164.51/pic/ibo1cd050.jpg

01. Intro
The first track is an official introduction to the next to come. Almost two minutes of developing up and fine preface for the second track.

02. Serenity now
The trip is opening...Yoni is demand serenity, but the track has completely different target. The sound quality is super professional and that is an important factor on Ace's music. The kick is powerful, the bassline is still calm but the vibes are intense. The melodies are smiley & happy and the atmosphere is amazing. No need two or three tracks for get in Yoni's vision, "Serenity now" track is doing the job well.

03. Psychic Experience (With Liquid Soul)
I'm sure that each progressive fan would dream for such an interesting combination between the European happiest prog producer and the official Israeli dance floor cracker. The result is even better than I expect. "Psychic Experience" track is smart piece of groove with rare vibes and special flowing. This track has the ability to connect every psytrance listener, because the unique simplicity and the friendly beats all over it. After five minutes of non-stop smiles, the main brake is coming...and what a bomb it is hide beyond. Capo & Yoni, please work together more often .

04. Sao Paulo
I hope you all recovered, because "Sao Paulo" track is going to press your legs hardly. It's start with continuous-kick and after one minute exactly got in a pumping bass, which leave no options but DIGGING. I can't share with you the feeling I get from the track, it's just impossible to do that with words. I'm still try to understand where all those bombs came from and as I think, the track is get down (03:25), but suddenly, twenty five seconds later, the kick is up again with renewed energies. I can write full page about this track, but in this case the words are meaningless. If you want to understand what is all the nonsense I'm writing here please hear it on high volume and good sound system.

05. Stimulator (with Intelabeam)
"Stimulator" track is a closing circle for me - before two years I fall in love with 'Nasty Peach' track of Yoni & Dan (Intelabeam), which released on 'Posse' compilation, and now they unite forces again. The tune here is sophisticated (exactly such as 'Nasty Peach' track) and gives the legs a short rest but focusing hardly on the brain . Single word is summarize all eight minutes & eleven seconds - GROOVE !

06. Presence
The sixth track has the lowest tempo comparing to the other album tracks, but don't even hope for relaxing tune - just the opposite. The mysterious beginning is indicate for the future minutes...prog attack ! "Presence" track is maybe kind of slow-motion full on, however the difference tiny but enormous - no full on track has this waves of vibes and atmosphere, this you could get just on low tempo. A deep storm of dust.

07. M.a.r.s.
I hope the strong trippers survived the last track and they are ready to the new challenge. I like to use the "danceable" definition, and here I can't find any other word to describe you the mess, called "M.A.R.S", but - DANCABLE. Sometimes I'm have difficulty to understand how it's possible to get seriously digging from 130-135 BPM track, but once is a period, I'm hear to this kind of tracks and remind .

08. The Light (With Lish)
Lior & Shay (Lish) drag Yoni to their state of melodies & emotions and the result is "The Light" track. Yoni is known as artist who like full power materials, but after six powerful tracks the body is must some serenity for recharge power. This track is magical in my opinion - super melodic, groovy and soft. The brake in the middle is almost makes my tears come out...so emotionally and smart - simply art. This variation is blessed.

09. Exposed
Last, but surely not least, is "Exposed" track. Each celebration must end and Yoni closing it perfectly. It's a track without pressure or exaggerated power, just suitable for ending the album with taste for more.
Don't get me wrong, this is very far from chill out track, but the atmosphere is so warm as the comfortable feeling of chill-out tunes.

To sum it up, "Rebirth" is one of the best albums I've heard ever. You will not find even a single "filler" track (sometimes artist compromises and put in hs album average track for fill allotment). With this album, Yoni is based his self on the top list of the progressive acts around the globe and he prove that his brilliant releases in compilation were not coincidental. All I have to do is to thank Yoni and Iboga for release this album and let us the chance to enjoy some high quality music.

Psytrance fans, please make sure you listen this album and if u like it, just buy it.

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ibo/ibo1cd050.html
Yotam(Paganka C.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 10, 2007 14:56
Well...

I won't list all the tracks from this MASSIVE album, I`ll just write that this is definitely one the TOP albums in PsyProgressive genre of year 2007.

I had alot of expectations from this album and i must admit that it stands in all of them, this is a dancefloor BOMB with KICK ASS sound production and very smart build ups, electrify grooves, brilliant rhythm section, and magical atmosphere...

Yoni brother, as I tought u made it perfectly !

b0m.
SHAMIL
Invisible reality

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Oct 11, 2007 21:06
Super genious production ! no words Yoni u r rock !           Invisible Reality (IONO music)

www.soundcloud.com/invisiblereality
www.myspace.com/realityinvisible
www.facebook.com/Shamiligor
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 11, 2007 21:56
Quote:

On 2007-10-10 12:36, guy cohen wrote:
I can write full page about this track, but in this case the words are meaningless.

You can say that again!

Anyways found this release rather mediocre. It's not that there's something bad to it. It's just that imo there isn't much of anything special to it. Sure some people are cummin' over the production and I'm not denying that it's indeed good, but production alone doesn't cut it..

So sure, I'll dance to this and smile but for home listening I'll pick something else.
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
ori_k
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Oct 11, 2007 22:01
not my cup of prog..
but gets the dancefloor moving allright =)
zen mechanics
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 12, 2007 16:14
To me this is the best album to have hit the scene in a long time. It has no weak moments for me...something quite unique for a trance release. In a short period of time Yoni has created a powerfull sound of his own where he keeps things stripped down to it's bare necessities, with all the timing and elements in it's right place, it's deep and uplifting at the same time...and it all sounds just bloody wonderfull on a big soundsystem. highlights: Presence, Sao Paulo, The light, Exposed fuck it...it's all marvelous! Healthy stuff for the base chakra! 8)
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 12, 2007 23:42
I've been wanting to hear this album for quite a while now, and now i have heard it about 10 times over....

Holy Shizzyyyyyy!!!!

Innovative, Psychedelic, Well thought out, Stompy as hell, an absolute Dance floor BomB!! And Like zen mechanics mentioned earlier, sounds foooking incredible on a big soundsytem!!

favorite tracks

3) Psychic Experience (with Liquid Soul) - Really groovy opening track. Phat bass line to open the track, Razor sharp sounding synth effects....with a buildup at the end that ends in an explosion of twisted synths.... really good track for home and on the dancefloor

4) Sao Paulo -Love the Dark Drums and Beats in Sao Paulo and the opening phat ass bassline.... Nicely spaced out psychedelic sounds. Love the Drop and start up midway through the track, has a nice eerie feel to it with crisp sounds. Makes me think of what a jungle in space would seem like
Dancefloor killaaaa!!

6) Presence - What a track!! great intro to the track, very mysterious sounding, Starts off with Nice Heavy Beats, with a tremendous Bassline, love the the looping reocurring sound that starts in about the 3rd minute through the break, all of a sudden there is silence with the reoccurring loop then BAM!! Heavy Beats and phat Bassline and the the whispering sample, Noice!! A whole new atmosphere is added to the track in the second half of the track, with a fantastic buildup towards the later half of the track, with that eerie reoccuring loop again. all though it is the slowest BPM track, it is definitely a dance floor Stomper....

7) M.A.R.S - Another Dancefloor Bomb!! Starts off after the Intro with Full Power, Great Psychedelic sounds starting off around the second minute, shortly after starts an eerie atmosphere, comes to a break followed by a short build up, to a powerful beat with great psychedelic sounds and airy atmospheres....I loved the high pitched synths towards the end... Intelligent breaks and buildups, another fantastic track!!

8) The Light (with Lish) - My favorite track of the whole album!! absolute Genius!!! Masterpiece 10/10.... i love the beautiful and emotional atmosphere to start the track, and kicks off with a groovy ass bassline and beat with nice airy sounds.
Track Progresses with near perfection, and that lovely atmosphere from the beginning comes back again midway but in a different sound, and it builds up, becomes more isolated, focus of track switches to the beautiful atmosphere as it breaks, BLISS!!! Then when you think its about over, NOPE!! One of the more intelligent buildups you will hear, with a Nice, Groovy, heavy ass bassline, maintaining the Blissful atmosphere!! A track that just makes you feel like your groovin in Heaven with all your buddies . My favorite Track of the year .

9) Exposed - another intelligent buildup to start the track, great bouncy bassline with a nice defined stompy beat at a brisk groovy pace. There is this nice soothing atmosphere that just follows the track. Beautiful psychedelic sounds in the breaks, especially the second one, with another incredibly intelligent buildup, followed with a really Crisp Beat, just has you grooving through out the whole track and at a really nice shaking your kundulini pace....

My Favorite Album of the year!!
Great Fooookin Job!!

"On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
Nomolos(Zenon Rec.)
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Oct 13, 2007 04:14
Quote:

On 2007-10-11 21:06, SHAMIL wrote:
Super genious production ! no words Yoni u r rock !

Yoni, indeed,u r rock!

Cheers.           "....or is it???"

www.zenonrecords.com
www.myspace.com/thenomolos
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Ace Ventura - Rebirth [Iboga Records 2007]
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance