Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 7/26/2008 Ananda & PsyTribe present NATURE EFFECT Feat. META-KONFLUX V.S. COGNOSCENTI-PARADIGM..
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

7/26/2008 Ananda & PsyTribe present NATURE EFFECT Feat. META-KONFLUX V.S. COGNOSCENTI-PARADIGM..

*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jul 31, 2008 11:11
Fucking awsome birthday weekend! I am still recovering from the radness.

Thank you to all who made this event happen. I arrived to hear Psyclops playing
some nice harder tunes that had me itching to get to the dancefloor. Konflux vs. Cognoscenti- AWESOME. Perfect psychedelic night time music, I can't wait to hear more from these two. Aeon played some tasty new tunes and all my old favorites. I didn't really notice the noise issue everyone else was complaining about, but than again, it was 5:30am and I was a tad out of it. Tasty mixing from all the psytribe boys & I have to agree Spyros was throwing down! And big ups to Cheesehead...I mean, Paradigm for the uber flawless super sicky perfect outdoor set. Fun!

That location is amazing...grass, shade, running water/bathroooms= +! Next time be sure to get that pool permit so we can have a sexy downtempo pool/lounge area.

I have a few pictures I will be posting a link for soon.

And as always, great to connect and see everyone. Wuv you guys!

http://www.vaporvent.com
http://www.myspace.com/christinewebb
psyclops

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 1, 2008 06:35
Could somebody please put me in touch with the guy who was video taping with his camera. He got some really good footage of my set and I really want it. Curses, I can't remember his name.
PsyDrama
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Aug 3, 2008 20:11
A few pics are up at http://www.psytribe.com/pix

Upload 'em if you've got 'em. See you all at the park
KEVIN_

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Aug 9, 2008 14:14
Quote:

On 2008-07-29 23:36, Meta wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-07-29 14:22, Bodhi 13:20 wrote:

awesome location! lots of neighbors around though......makes me wonder how long this will last. Rachel and I hiked to the top of the east mountain and you could totally hear the sound from up there.

Meta replied

Yeah, hence the lower sound levels... that mixer was already SLAMMED into the maximum red zone when I got onstage, so I assume the sound guy was under pretty strict orders to keep things turned down at the system level. It's a national park on one side, but plenty of fancy looking houses right across the street...

Ah... yeah, hard to tell from behind the decks.

Well, shit, I wish somebody had said something at the time. After some stern looks from the sound guy I turned the master down so there was actually visible movement on the red blips at the clip level instead of just solid red bars pegged to the top of the master channel...

This gets me to thinking about the Gemini festival and how loud their equipment was capable of playing and was indeed playing. They had so much power, plenty to spare. I am wondering if Aeon would have made adjustments as you've described here had you been there? I like the idea of you caring about pegging the meters and worrying about the sound quality instead just how loud you can have the music play. I have the feeling many people just don't realize how loud the music is, especially up close where the sound is generated and hasn't had a chance to diffuse and spread out. That's why I like the music outdoors. It comes out of the speakers and passes by me or through me. No walls to bounce it around or reflect it back and mess up the sound. I am amazed that people will stand directly in front of a stack of speakers when I can see the dirt moving from the volume and their clothing vibrating to the beats and they still think it ain't loud enough. I've not noticed any decrease in my hearing ability yet, but my ears constantly ring, especially the day after a gathering or event like this. The ringing diminishes over time, but I have yet to have my ears completely stop ringing as I have continued to go to more events. When I take my next physical in November, I'll see what change has happened to my hearing, if any. I read elsewhere that some people thought some of the sets were not using the equipment to full advantage at Gemini because of how the knobs were twisted for playing. I know for some of the songs or sets I moved to the back of the dancefloor up there in Beldentown just because it was so loud up close that I had trouble hearing the music! I certainly liked how it felt on my body. At the Nature Effect I generally stayed near the front as it sounded best there. I often will roam around during sets looking for good spots for the sound. Though the sound isn't always the prime consideration for me, it usually is. With trees, people, and other things, let alone tonal balance and volume being changed constantly, and of course the actual songs themselves, I can be on the move a lot. Sometimes it doesn't matter at all, as it sounds good everywhere or I am having such a good time that the people, the dancing, and all the other stuff we go there for takes over and it just becomes an experience in and of itself. Seems like I was glued front and center from midway through Konflux vs. Cognoscenti, Meta, and the beginning part of Barakuda, before moving to a different spot, not counting a drink break on occasion. I had to cut one of those short when one of my favorite songs came on and run back I did. I don't have too many favorite songs since I've almost never heard any of the songs being played before when I'm at an event.

I wanted to meet you *christine*! Next time? Maybe I did and didn't know it was you. I'm still tripping on how I wrote you here on IsraTrance about Meta's music when I saw a posting of yours a couple of months ago not knowing that you were a longtime friend of his. It's a small world.           - - -
The Dawn Patrol leaves at dusk!
- - -
konvndrvm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Aug 10, 2008 00:37
opps!
*christine*
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Aug 10, 2008 00:39
Quote:

On 2008-08-09 14:14, KEVIN_ wrote:

I wanted to meet you *christine*! Next time?

Cerally how did we not meet? I was hanging out with Aeon at the party and at one point he even pointed you out from a distance, but I never got a chance to come up and say hi...next time, psybrotha!

I sent Aeon a small video from his set that he will hopefully post here (it needs to be edited first). Speaking of, wasn't there pro video taken at this party? Where's that?
          http://www.vaporvent.com
http://www.myspace.com/christinewebb
djSF

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Aug 10, 2008 05:19
Sound like I missed a good party - can't wait until I get back on the west coast with you all. Also in regards to Kevin's post about it being to loud - I recommend wearing earplugs each and every time on the dance floor and be sure to take them out when you are a good distance away. Anytime there is ringing in your ears after a party there is potential for permanent hearing loss so be careful and bring earplugs to every event and extras for a friend. Just my 2 cents - gwyn
alfreak
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : Aug 10, 2008 20:53
shit.. i thought those were after effects of substances...           -PaRtYcLeS aLL oVeR tHE WoOdS

http://soundcloud.com/odalfer
http://soundcloud.com/groups/more-techno-house-minimal-progress-ive
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - 7/26/2008 Ananda & PsyTribe present NATURE EFFECT Feat. META-KONFLUX V.S. COGNOSCENTI-PARADIGM..
← Prev Page
3 4 5 6 7
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance