Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - 432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS

Psytracked
Inactive User

Started Topics :  5
Posted : May 31, 2008 01:56
some have no grace in defeat.......The avatar makes sense now.

-=virtual hugs=-           http://www.whatacunt.co.uk/
UnderTow

Started Topics :  9
Posted : May 31, 2008 02:18
Oops. I meant to write "24 equal parts of a day is not an hour." The whole point of my comment is that the earth does not rotate in exactly 24 hours so your whole claim that 432 Hz is somehow important due to it's exact relationship to the rotational time of the earth (or the time it takes the earth to circle the sun) is... out of tune. Kind of negates your whole argument, heh?

As for UniDance, I'm not quoting them. I'm quoting you.

Are you now pretending that you do not believe this stuff? That claims like "people with "perfect pitch" usually can't stand the "standard" 440 Hz tuning. Some of the worlds best vocalists insist on tuning instruments on 432 Hz because "it's much easier to sing that way"." or "This are the questions that i had no answers even after years and years of playing and making music. I've spent a lot of time investigating this questions and I'll try to sum it all up in this topic." "here is what I have found out so far..." or "musical standards are invented by man and since they're not in accordance to the nature" are not your own?

You don't stand your ground or admit that you could be wrong. You blame someone else. How weak.

As you like Einstein quotes, let me repeat one you posted in this thread:

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein

Trying to make things more complex and bigger is exactly what you are doing. Instead, try looking for the simple elegant explanation to things. It probably massages your ego to feel part of some select few that discover "the secrets of the universe" but in the end, it is just rubbish that appeals to fools.

UnderTow
Meta
Meta/Boomslang

Started Topics :  24
Posted : May 31, 2008 23:28
I haven't popped my head in this forum in a while, and look! This old thread is still here, 2 years later! Like an old comfy chair.

http://soundcloud.com/aeon604
http://www.metaekstasis.com/
http://the1134.com/
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Jun 1, 2008 00:33
Hahaha, that's really funny Meta!           Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
shamantrixx

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 1, 2008 19:00
Quote:

On 2008-05-31 02:18, UnderTow wrote:
You don't stand your ground or admit that you could be wrong. You blame someone else. How weak.

Have I ever claimed to be right beyond any doubt? Did I ever said that what I write is The Truth? I don't think so.

Of course I could be wrong. Only way to find out if any of that really is true is to try and make something in this manner. If any of that works in the end it could be due to number of reasons and my assumptions can be wrong even if the method works. People have used gravity long time before they reached even elementary knowledge about the nature of it.

So this ongoing battle is really pointless. I base my opinion on my understanding and you'll never be able to influence my opinion by discrediting me verbally. I've tried really far out stuff so far. Many of them I can't explain in the scientific terms but they are as real as everything else. So in a way it's like when someone who didn't take LSD is trying to make me change my mind about it after I had experienced it. You can write me entire scientific study about it... but it will not change my experience of LSD. You can argue that hallucinations have nothing to do with real life but I'll still find it quite useful for dealing with life issues.

Also... your judgmental statements where you're trying to prove that there is only one way of doing things and that way is, of course, your way... Well it's a bit childish and ego related. Projecting your own personality to your imaginary opposition is common behavior arising from prejudice that when you feel under attack I must be attacking you. However... nothing could be farther from truth.

Stay tuned to cosmos and all that jazz
          "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity
UnderTow

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 1, 2008 19:34
Quote:

On 2008-06-01 19:00, shamantrixx wrote:
Have I ever claimed to be right beyond any doubt? Did I ever said that what I write is The Truth? I don't think so.

You certainly present it that way.

UnderTow
shamantrixx

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 02:31

"It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 03:09
Quote:

On 2008-05-31 02:18, UnderTow wrote:

As you like Einstein quotes, let me repeat one you posted in this thread:

Any fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius - and a lot of courage - to move in the opposite direction.
Albert Einstein

Trying to make things more complex and bigger is exactly what you are doing. Instead, try looking for the simple elegant explanation to things. It probably massages your ego to feel part of some select few that discover "the secrets of the universe" but in the end, it is just rubbish that appeals to fools.

UnderTow

Or
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occam's_Razor           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Glitch_CapeTown
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 13:01
Anyone who challenges the normal way of thought, who brings up topics like this, even when it seems ilogical deserves kudos for standing above the crowd and trying sumthing new....           [[[G|L|I|T|C|H]]]
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Glitch/26959170536?ref=ts
http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/glitch-tales-from-the-script
http://www.ektoplazm.com/2011/glitch-higher-definition
http://soundcloud.com/user582143
Tomos
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  84
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 13:34
Quote:

Glitch_CapeTown wrote:
Anyone who challenges the normal way of thought, who brings up topics like this, even when it seems ilogical deserves kudos for standing above the crowd and trying sumthing new....

I dunno. It's hard enough making good music. Making the whole process more complicated by re-tuning all you synths seems illogical.
bukboy
Hyperboreans

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 15:02
I cant believe all u people are dignifying this crap with attention. Please stop posting to this retarded thread.
Alex Roudos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 16:19
Quote:

On 2008-06-02 15:02, bukboy wrote:
I cant believe all u people are dignifying this crap with attention. Please stop posting to this retarded thread.

First of all, it's at least impolite to call everyone(and the original poster of course) who replied to this thread "retarded" indirectly.

Secondly, you also replied, which means that you just included yourself to the "all u people" that "are dignifying this crap with attention".

Because, to claim that this is crap, it means you read it all with attention. And you should probably back your opinion by saying something "a bit" more substantial, like other members did, and contribute to the argument.

If you didn't even read it as it should be read in order to make such a statement then i rest my case..............
          A friend told me once that the biggest mistake we make is that we believe we live, when in reality we are sleeping in the waiting room of life.
bukboy
Hyperboreans

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 16:45
The fact that shamantrix started the thread is enough for me to KNOW that its trash.He peddles in bullshit and cool make believe but thats all it is.

I meant no disrespect to any other posters, Much respect to undertow. What I meant was - I suggest every1 stops posting so this trash goes away.

Anyway. people made up number systems, the laws of logic and science, (based on objective reality ofcourse) but never the less all human creations are human conventions and therefore contingent. So the whole idea of this thread is immediately suspect because it attaches special significance to one number that is based on a contingent convention.

Ask yourself Why 432, not 431 or 433 and you'll discover that the whole precept is mystical trash shit crap. Its bullshit and its bad for your brain. People without critical ability have to be told about the lies they hear, so that they dont believe em. Thats what Im doing.

No disrespect to you either Alex. Shamantrix is a mystic, dont listen to a word he writes.
Alex Roudos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 17:28
I don't know Shamantrix, i don't know if you have any kind of personal issues, and certainly i don't care if he's a mystic or whatever else he wants to be.

I believe that you meant no disrespect, but it would be a lot easier if your first reply was your second reply.

Now that you said that Shamantrix is a mystic you just made me wanna hear more from him but for other matters and most importantly in other places.
          A friend told me once that the biggest mistake we make is that we believe we live, when in reality we are sleeping in the waiting room of life.
psytendo

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 2, 2008 18:14
shamantrixx ,

I'm not saying that 432Hz is a good tuning or not and maybe it does sound better than 440.
But the way you try to explain why its a good thing is just silly.

You seem to have a very wrong idea of what frequency, harmonics, perfect pitch etc actually means.

Even worse, you re-define those words to suit your arguments, but you leave out important stuff because your arguments would otherwise not produce the results you want to believe in.

First the 0-27Hz octave.
By DEFINITION an octave spans the doubling of a frequency.
So between 0 and 27Hz there are an infinite number of octaves!!! (divide 27 by 2 untill you reach 0)
0Hz cannot be reached by using octaves!
Octaves are relative to a certain pitch and stretch into infinity on both sides of that pitch.
In other words there is no starting octave!!!.

Harmonics are also relative to their fundamental.
EVERY frequency has harmonics.

You cannot compare octaves to harmonics.
Octaves are exponential while harmonics are linear.

Fibonacci numbers are something different altogether.
To apply it to music you would have to throw away the concept of octaves and use the fibonacci numbers instead (or something similar). If you would use a keyboard as instrument you would have to retune EVERY key to a completely different frequency. I have not seen any instrument that can do this (altho it wouldnt be difficult to do).

But then how would you play the harmonics of the fibonacci numbers? And how would those (linear by definition) harmonics relate to other fibonacci numbers? And would it still sound nice?

About 8Hz being the earth resonance..
That's just weird.
Something with a mass of 5.9736×10^24 KG has a fundamental resonance which is much much lower than 8Hz.
Also you seem to think that the day and night rythms and year rithm is the same as resonance frequency of the earth.
You are COMPLETELY forgetting about speed.
The earth rotates around the sun in a year because it has a mass AND has a certain speed.
If we would slow down the earth then the year cycle would change, but the day-night rithm will be (almost) the same and so will the Shumann frequencies.
Same thing would happen if we would change the day-night rithm (by slowin or speeding the earth rotation) or the shumann resonances (by changing the atmosphere makeup).
You can change one of those things and the others will stay relatively unchanged.
This means they are relatively UNcorrelated!.
So this Uberfrequencytheory of 8Hz is stupid.

By the way, the fundamental Shuman frequency is 7.8 and not 8 Hz .. This a 2.5% error that will only become bigger if you use it in calculations.
So 8 is actually not a magic number at all...

Also Shumann resonances are resonances of the EM field of the earth. They are formed in the atmosphere and have nothing to do with stellar frequencies.

The website you link to (http://www.akasha.de/~aton/Unidance.html) is so full of crap i was laughing for 5 minutes.. then i almost started crying after i realized that some people actually believe this. To be honest, if you believe it the you do not understand it and propably think it MUST be true because it seems so complicated. It is not complicated, it is pure bulls**t

a little bit from the site:
"Our planet beats at 8 cycles per second (8 hz, fundamental Schumann resonance), as the fundamental heart beat of its 70% Silicon Dioxide computer hard disk: the 12 pentagonal tectonic plates."

8Hz is wrong.
70% Silicon dioxide is wrong. The CRUST has 59% silica, but the core (most of earths mass) is mostly iron.
Computer hard drive? uuh..
12 pentagonal tectonic plates is wrong. there are 7 tectonic plates and they are not pentagons.

So you link to an article that has at least one paragraph that is COMPLETE nonsense.
What should we think of the rest of the article.?
Well i read the rest of the article and its complete fantasy.
The writer propably has severe brain injury.

About perfect pitch:
Perfect pitch has absolutely nothing to do with 'natural' or 'spiritual' things.
It is about the arrangement of hair cells in the inner ear and how that connects to the brain and how the brain makes (virtual) frequencies from that.
You do not hear sound. Your brain creates sound from fourier transforms in the ear and nervous system.
Perfect pitch is about RELATIVE pitch and has nothing to do with the difference between 432 or 440 Hz.

Whatever you are thinking it is all based on fantasy.
There is no relation to science.
(and remember, without science there would be no psytrance so those folks in white coats must have done something right! )

Just remember that everything you experience under influence of drugs is made up by your brain and may be something completely different in reality.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - 432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS
← Prev Page
6 7 8 9 10 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance