Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - 432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS

psylevation
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 06:51
http://www.tobybear.de/p_midibag.html

Go down the page, you will see a plugin called micro tuner.

"MicroTuner is yet another revolutionary
plugin: It adds microtuning capabilities to
every VSTi and external synthesizer module,
as long as the target synth supports
receiving pitchbend on all MIDI channels.
I am not talking about changing a note
some cents up or down in pitch, no, you can
completely redefine the whole tuning scale,
allowing you to set an arbitrary frequency
separately for each MIDI note!
And it gets even better, it already has a
loader built in (with drag and drop GUI)
that can load the widely used Scala, VAZ
and Anamark tuning files directly!"

his plugins are free as well
shamantrixx

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 09:23
I have a hard time with this micro tuner in Cubase. Is there a catch or am I stupid?           "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

Albert Einstein, speaking about his theory of relativity
shamantrixx

Posted : Dec 21, 2006 18:50
Wow... this plug really does the trick. Tnx a lot!

There has been some problems... like routing midi flow in Cubase but help file explains this in details. Another thing that puzzled me was how to set pitchband on VST in order for plug to work correctly. So after little experimenting I've found out that pitchband range has to set to 1. Most of VST are by default set to pb. range of 2 tones. Bad news is that plug in uses a pitchband on all midi chanells (when you play multiple tones) so CPU load jumps with more complicated instruments.

Scales that have less than 12 notes in octave will have "blind spots". For instance notes C and C# will play the same tone. Plug in can use scala tunings. There is really large number of scales. I was looking for a PHI based scale. Some of them use the "golden ratio" of 1:1.618 but still use the 440 Hz as a reference point. Scale phi_13.scl (from Scala homepage) has a 432 Hz reference point and works just fine.

Another thing striked me while I was playing with this scales... in the other topic we have discussed sample rate difference when we use 44100 and 48000 Hz. Guess what...

44100 Hz : 8 Hz = 5512,5
48000 Hz : 8 Hz = 6000

What this means is that samplerate of 44100 is not able to sample the 8 Hz and most of it's harmonics without affecting the zero crossing point and "modulating" the phase.

This is the reason why soft synths and hardware synths (like TC virus and Virus B for instance) sound different even when they use the same DSP process. As you know hardware synths don't acctualy have any oscilators. They run on DSP processors same as the DSP on TC powercore. But they don't have the 44100 Hz samplearte... Once you set your soundcard to 48 kHz samplerate there is no difference from software and hardware synths.

Years ago the only audio samplerate used in studios was 48000 Hz. Only during last 2 decades audio equipment has accept industrial 44.1 kHz "standard" used in CD players and PC soundcards. Go figure...

Resistance is not futile! History needs to be re-writen all over again! Question EVERYTHING!

This is really a great time to be alive
          "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

bukboy
Hyperboreans

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Dec 21, 2006 20:25
Im going 2 read ur articles now but the universe does not work on integers, it is continuous. integers, being a part of mathematics are just a construct of human physiology and evolution. Logic, mathematics and science are models of phenomena people observe, not true actual representations of those phenomena.

Besides, intervals are ratios, so irrespective of tuning, if the ratio of 12th root of 2 is conserved between semitones (which are all irrational #s) I dont see any integers corresponding to any of the divisions in a chromatic scale, except the arbitrary tuning frequency and octaves up and down. In fact the choice of 12 divisions in a musical scale is purely arbitrary.

Anyway let me read the stuff now hopefully not 2 embarass myself
bukboy
Hyperboreans

Posted : Dec 21, 2006 20:44
Oh my F'n Christ dude.

The 1st 2 pages u submitted r complete utter made up shit.

U r a gullible hippy. Let me tell u Y.
There are no coincidences or profound patterns to be found in arbitrary numbers. These people who find coincidences in numbers r psychos just like the numerologists. They feed off the credulity of mindless masses, while believing in their own hallucinations. DUDE IM SERIOUS. U NEED TO GO AND GET A BOOK ON CRITICAL THINKING. read that, coz I have read ur shit. I challenge u to wake up to the really really real life.

Not to offend u man. Friggin ul thank me 4 this.
psylevation
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 22, 2006 05:03
no offense dude but, according to the times between your posts, you must have read both those sites within 19 minutes or less and posted saying they are utter made up shit. It seems as if you read a little bit and made a generalized conclusion about the websites based on your prior experience with something else. There is no way you could have read and taken in all the information on both sites in that amount of time, besides a lot of the stuff on those websites is scientific fact.

You have to understand, yes there is no way possible for us to measure the infinite "inbetween" of 2 sides of a measurement due to the fact of the nature of duality that comes with having a human mind. All we can do is try to get as close to that exact center as possible.

Havn't you ever heard, that mathematics is the language of nature?
psylevation
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 22, 2006 05:24
Quote:

On 2006-12-21 18:50, shamantrixx wrote:

Scales that have less than 12 notes in octave will have "blind spots". For instance notes C and C# will play the same tone. Plug in can use scala tunings. There is really large number of scales. I was looking for a PHI based scale. Some of them use the "golden ratio" of 1:1.618 but still use the 440 Hz as a reference point. Scale phi_13.scl (from Scala homepage) has a 432 Hz reference point and works just fine.

When I load scales, say like the indian scale into Albino 3, I get the same thing, where the sharp and flat notes are just doubles of the same key. If you think about this, it actually allows the lesser amount of notes per octave to fit within an octave on the keyboard, allowing you to play it equally on all parts of the keyboard. I actually think this is a good thing, it helps me to understand whats going to happen when I hit a key.

Quote:

On 2006-12-21 18:50, shamantrixx wrote:

Resistance is not futile! History needs to be re-writen all over again! Question EVERYTHING!

This is really a great time to be alive

agreed!
sy000321
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Dec 24, 2006 04:41
Quote:

On 2006-12-21 20:44, bukboy wrote:
Oh my F'n Christ dude.

The 1st 2 pages u submitted r complete utter made up shit.

U r a gullible hippy. Let me tell u Y.
There are no coincidences or profound patterns to be found in arbitrary numbers. These people who find coincidences in numbers r psychos just like the numerologists. They feed off the credulity of mindless masses, while believing in their own hallucinations. DUDE IM SERIOUS. U NEED TO GO AND GET A BOOK ON CRITICAL THINKING. read that, coz I have read ur shit.

agreed

numerology is not science but collective paranoia

get your shit together shamantrixx           roll a joint or STFU :)
shamantrixx

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 15:25
tnx for the tip... you've made your point quite argumented and logical. Have a nice ignorance           "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

psylevation
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 15:44
Anyway, it's not about the numbers themselves in and of themselves, it's what they correlate to and what they represent. Nobody makes anybody paranoid except themselves, thats your choice to make, your decision to perceive it how you will. Don't shoot down someone else's theory's just because you don't agree with it. Be nice, and keep your negativity to yourself, don't be spiteful of others happiness. thats it
bukboy
Hyperboreans

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 15:58
I tried to read it but could not get over the armada of brutal mystical facts that I have no reason to believe.

Also theres nothing there thats connected enough to make a conclusion. Its all just mystical mumbo jumbo. Nothing objective.

I have read plenty of authors like this. people who make up useless esoteric knowledge. Just ask urself if its possible 2 prove any of this stuff. If its impossible 2 prove then u shouldnt b reading it.

Does it really provide u with usefull information that makes u more powerful in music?

If u would navigate those websites and extricate the objective facts out of it for me I will give it my most serious critical appraisal.
bukboy
Hyperboreans

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 16:01
Dude

Nothing personal.

I am not trying to be negative. I am simply replying that ur theories have some major logical flaws.

PLUR all the way.

I think that the more u dont want 2 read something the more important it is to read that. But anyway man... PLUR.
shamantrixx

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 16:04
- the diameter of the sun is 864,000 miles (432 x 2000)
- In Babylonian mythology there were 432,000 years from Creation to the Great Flood.
- In Viking Mythology "The Day of Ragnorook", the Doomsday of the Gods: 800 Divine Warriors will come out of each of the 540 Doors of Valhalla (800 x 540 = 432,000).
- Hinduism: Kali Yuga = 432,000 years.
- A healthy, athletic adult at rest has an average heart rate of 60 beats per minute. 60 beats x 60 minutes x 24 hours = 86,400 beats per day.

and a few more (non musical) links interlocking on this idea:

http://www.greatdreams.com/432.htm
http://users.pandora.be/wouterhagens/biogeometry/toonkleurvorm_uk.html
http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue9/ar9archeocrypto.html
http://www.earthmatrix.com/serie37/numuni37.htm

You're right about collective paranoia... but what if you're just on the wrong side of that fence?
          "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

shamantrixx

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 16:15
@ bukboy: I'm not trying to change your mind. In fact... I couldn't care less if you'll agree with this or not. I don't mind you not believing in harmonies, cymatics or 8 Hz resonance. I've presented what I have encountered trying to get some answers to legitimate questions. What will you do (or not) with it... it's up to you alone. The meaning of this topic is to share informations - not to share beliefes or disbeliefes. This is not a church - this is a musical forum. If you would like to know weather this ideas can enpower your music... well the only way to find out is to try it for your self. We're not selling anything to you. We're sharing. So if you don't like it... just close the door on your way out!

And tnx for sharing your point of view with us.           "It occurred to me by intuition, and music was the driving force behind that intuition. My discovery was the result of musical perception"

psylevation
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Dec 24, 2006 16:15
Quote:

On 2006-12-24 16:04, shamantrixx wrote:

You're right about collective paranoia... but what if you're just on the wrong side of that fence?

perspective/perception/choice

Trance Forum » » Forum  Production & Music Making - 432 Hz tuning: The Music of SUPERCONSCIOUSNESS
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance