Author

320 Kbps - Wave

Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Started Topics :  191
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 21:00
Quote:

On 2006-05-01 16:44, gill wrote:

Yea I think I can do it too between a mp3 > 192 kbps and the wav ...
But between a 320 kbps mp3 and a wav?

I hear it so often that people hear the diffrence between those, is it bullshit what they say? Because a few of them don't even produce music ...

(Perhaps we should make a new thread about it )

I would like to discuss this further till it's all clear for everyone

Greetings,
Gill (Melorix)

Hey gill

So .. I opend a topic for that

Do you realy think there is no
diffrents at all ?

Sure there is mate !

Listen carefuly (With a good/right
equipment) and You will find them

I hope its a joke or somthing
and you are know the real truth
and reality .. its can't be the
same - Never ! Cheers peoples ..
splinter
Splinter / Kode Six

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 21:10
too lazy to read the hole thread...but 320 mp3 aint close to a wav
Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Posted : Jun 15, 2006 21:20

Sure frank .. No debate at this case With y in 100 %
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 21:23
There is a difference. A difference that most of the human beings can't hear.
When you copy from a cd to another cd there's a difference as well that you don't hear.
Also, i am not the same man that started to write the reply to this topic. There's always a difference.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 21:30
here's a useful link Icarus posted in Blueroom sometime ago, might be useful for the neverending dilemma:

http://www.djmag.com/djtech018.php

difference for sure, the file size tells it all, and i'm not going to open the door for the debate of wheather mp3 should be played live or not, whatever, it has been discussed a million times. Bottom line, there is very small discernable difference between a properly mastered track in mp3 and wave. If you can spot it count yourself amongst the lucky ones with the golden ears, but properly enconded mp3's with today's technology at high bit rates are sufficient for home listening, at least to me... i took the test

little quote:

Quote:
It's worth noting lossy's underlying technology is founded on perceptual coding, which is based around a psycho-acoustic model of human hearing.

In plain English, the bits of audio that are messed with in a compressed audio file are based on an opinion of how humans hear, rather than on any fundamental laws of maths or physics.

elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
malavasi

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 22:56
There is a difference, no doubt about it.
But why the question? Want to know if its ok to play it at a party or something like that?
So I say this, lots of good and well known Djs that uses cds, plays mp3. No doubt about that to. Ive seen all kinds, label owners, djs with good live acts, famous djs... all of them playing mp3. So I asume we all danced and enjoyd lots of mp3s, hehe. If I could choose, it would be only wavs, why not?
Hope I anwsered the wusetion in some way

Drunken Monk

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 23:10
Hey,
in theory the difference exists. In real life, some says that exist other not.(i m talkin for 320kbps mp3s encoded with lame.) But on the other hand, is any format out there better than the audio cds? (yes) So.. why we dont complain about that? Why we are just not asking for the best?
As for myself i dont care if i ll hear a 320 mp3 or a simple .wav (44.1/16). Of course wav will be a little better but at that moment.. come on.. Just trip and dance!           +-+talking with ali3ns around the universe+-+
mit [muzik industry tunez]
Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Posted : Jun 15, 2006 23:35

Quote:

On 2006-06-15 22:56, malavasi wrote:

There is a difference, no doubt about it.
But why the question? Want to know if its ok to play it at a party or something like that?
So I say this, lots of good and well known Djs that uses cds, plays mp3. No doubt about that to. Ive seen all kinds, label owners, djs with good live acts, famous djs... all of them playing mp3.

For your question .. Sure u can , But the real
question its how its sound then in the turbos

For me .. I think its not an professional act ..

Maybe for the sea on a Mp3 Ipod machine or
for an girls pyjama party .
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jun 15, 2006 23:41
Quote:

On 2006-06-15 23:10, Drunken Monk wrote:
Just trip and dance!

try popping an acid while listening to WAV's play and then have the dj throw in an mp3.. you'll notice (and feel) the difference...

"VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
gill
Melorix

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 00:15
Hihihihihihihi, I'm flattered

I don't know if there is a difference.
I can't here it myself, so I asked some isra-peeps if they can hear it ...

Sure quality will be better ... But if it comes to hearing ... I can't hear it myself           http://trishula-records.com/artists-pages/melorix.html
Rah
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 01:50
Quote:

On 2006-06-15 23:41, clown wrote:

try popping an acid while listening to WAV's play and then have the dj throw in an mp3.. you'll notice (and feel) the difference...

You mean like an actual BLIND test and not a test on acid? Two different things... and in that state of mind, i would say you're not in any condition to judge anything.

i just wonder where all these people with the golden ears where hiding when Spindrift made the blind test here >

http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/76609/forum/1/start/15

I don't think anybody got it right, i'm not too sure now, not going to check, but the test changed people's mind including mine.           elementoftime.net
musique à la carte in mp3 & wav.

Sonic-energy.net
Reviews, interviews, downloads, articles.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 01:55
I can't hear the difference myself (no audiophile ears here, that's for sure), but I wouldn't settle for compressed music when the only thing saved is disk space...
PlutoDelic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 03:36
LAME is a complicated, fast processed file, but its limited to 320 kbps, a default WAV to MP3 320 are alot different, but not at the 1st point, mp3 is limited on Hz too, so alot of frequencies that u hear on a WAV, dissapear in MP3, but if u convert the WAV to an MP3 with some good other commands (presets), i think ull get a nice sound too

the thing is, NICE for who? defenitely not for producers, i dont know any producer that saves the samples to MP3, thats STUPID

but here a fakt, a 320 WAV (rare) sounds ugly compared to the 320 KBPS MP3, both of them have cons and pros, but its not worth to compare them, they are different files for different people           PSYKS
--==Bad Sector==--
Triamera

Started Topics :  69
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 03:52
psyco-acousting coding .... binaural

on big sound wav is a must for sure            Nocturnal Wizardz Recs
Bhooteshwara Records
Cubasing is like Freebasing, just with audio.
Both cost more than you can afford, and leaves you sitting in a dark room with no life,craving for more.
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jun 16, 2006 11:36
The day someone do a test on a full quality rig then there will be a truthful answer to the question.

I do think there is a almost no difference while listening at home on a hi-fi or PC. But I doubt there is no difference once played on a big rig.

and as a dj why play mp3 when you can play wav?
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 320 Kbps - Wave

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance