Author

320 Kbps - Wave

PlutoDelic
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 08:28
Quote:

On 2006-06-27 04:20, superman wrote:
320 maybe wont b different than wav when u hear it in ur computer speakers or what so ever !
but try to hear the big huge difference specialy the high frequencies in a big sound system and then u can understand !

with all my respect mate, but whats a BIG SOUND SYSTEM for u and how many MUSIC LISTENERS can get the chance to hear the fav. artist/music in that system?

btw, the high frequencies comparing mp3/wav are not really big, its the LOW Frequencies           PSYKS
superman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 16:17
sorry man.....its the high ones......           Let The Game Begin....
Cardinals Cartel
Black Machine

Started Topics :  191
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 17:34
Quote:

On 2006-06-27 04:20, superman wrote:

320 maybe wont b different than wav when u hear it in ur computer speakers or what so ever !
but try to hear the big huge difference specialy the high frequencies in a big sound system and then u can understand !

Maybe in your computer and monitors (Speakers)
you cant .... Can agree with ya that in the turbos
at a party its can be a shit quality and with a many
differents . Hey ppls .. Wake up ! Its a waste of
time even to discussting about this item & subject
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Jun 27, 2006 17:41
This is for me something that has completly stop me from continue pursuing realeasing comps. Ppl just don't care anymore. They download mp3s and play them and psy trance is a free for all community. To be honest big, small sound... no one gives a shit aymore except the few who are really into it. And the difference is nominal. I personally will not play anything but wav, even if an artists provides me a final mixdown of a track on 320. Why? many might ask, well because I want the experience to be the best it can be.

Most of the time it is so unprofitable to release music it just does not make any sense unless you have a good cash flow and even then I personally will think it twice.

This is the diret result of something that it is part of our community and it will be the community who will decide on the quality of the experience. After 11 years it is time for me to say "over and out"
Morbidelic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 00:07
ammm i think there is a diffrent between wav file and mp3 file

lets say some dj will play in his set track from original cd that got a high quality after mastering

and mix it with mp3 file well from my trying
and its sound bad.

but in turbo sound will be difecullt to hear that is not wave file

anyway i think best set is by quality sound and original cd's to make the waves to take the crowd to a nice trip in the sea world.

support the scene..

peace out.           Happy Happy,Joy Joy.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dj-Morbidelic/642401392473366
Marsoupial
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 17:01
I once did an experiment using an audio processing program.

I took a track from Astrix (off the first album), and there was a very high definition sound towards the beginning of the track. I converted the whole track to 320 mp3, and got screen grabs of the waveform in .mp3 and .wav and overlayed the two, and when i looked closely there where tremendous differences, lots of substituting and 'filling in' going on. In fact in places it looked like a different sample!

And then, when I played it back in my headphones, I could actually hear the difference in definition. However, as the sound shape got simpler and less 'detailed', further in the track I could not easily pick up these differences..

I tried this test again recently with another completely different track, and couldn't reproduce it, but I'm assuming that it was because the complexity and 'definition' of the sound was not as complicated.

Maybe somebody out there feels like doing this test, can clear this debate..
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Jun 28, 2006 19:08
Tests like that don't mean a thing because you already know you're listening to an MP3 and therefore (via the wonders of the placebo effect) make you much more likely to hear exactly what you expect to. You can get as upset as you like with me about this but it's true.

The only true test is one where you don't know which is the MP3 and which is the WAV. These tests have been done both here on the forum and in many other places, and they all show that it is impossible to reliably tell well-encoded MP3s from WAVs - even for those with trained ears.

I fully expect most people here to ignore that though and carry on spouting their own prejudices about the subject.
          Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Jun 29, 2006 10:03
Quote:

On 2006-06-28 19:08, Colin OOOD wrote:

I fully expect most people here to ignore that though and carry on spouting their own prejudices about the subject.

Word. Ignorance is a bliss           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Freeflow
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 06:18
the question is why compress something that dont need to be compressed? (if we are talking about playing tracks at a party)

i think the discussion is missleading, there is a camp that say that you cant hear the difference on a properly done test, and than there is a camp that states, "dont play mp3s in parties" "you hear the difference in a big soundsystem"

if you can hear difference or not is not interesting, cause its subjective, but for sure we can all agree on that the mp3 format is compressed compared to wav format, the fact that its a complex compression is not so interesting either...not in this subject

i know lots of djs plays mp3, its their choice, they could probably get their hands on the cd version...
i think that many djs plays downloaded or burned from friends mp3s.
Its such a little scene that you could contact the artists and buy single tracks from them for a cheap price, if you just contacted them... im pretty sure,
it would make our scene more personal aswell...
mp3s are good, but i rather play cds, or ripp cds to wav and play from comp, if i want hifidelity..

lets just agree that we should aim for best sound wave reproduction we can get? as alive as possible
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - 320 Kbps - Wave
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance