First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

2500€ to waste! need help xD

PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  162
Posted : Aug 19, 2010 13:39
i just used the MK2 for few days and to me it seems they are not worst than the mk1 ... but it s not like a direct a/b in the same room...but they translate well.
i got a laugh at seeing the price of the mk1 ,some friends got them at 1200 dollar new for a pair years ago, 2000 euro for some dyns not sure they worth that price, it get close to the focal twins ,but imo it s too big for your room, would maybe be overkill but you will get more for your money i guess.

can you listen to them? would not be surprised the new adam smoke them as my old p22 are already better than the dyns to me .alos check focal... dyns are great but it s old design , adam and focal tkae advantage of using new developed components but maybe it s all marketing bullshit hehe

but for sure the dyns in a good treated room are great for psy , mk1 or mk2

lol sorry to make your choice harder, i dont really help haha
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  120
Posted : Aug 19, 2010 14:59
lol ok;;

please list ur favourite monitors in the pricerange up to 2000€ (both)^^

i also hear something about genelec... but it seems most people have the dynaudio, so...

no, i cant listen to them... next spot is 5 driving hours away (vienna friendlyhouse i think).

cheers           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  87
Posted : Aug 19, 2010 17:14
As i told you you can contact my old company and they will send the monitors to you for testing purpose. The new Adams are top notch monitors and im sure they blow the Dyns easy..

The right density of rockwhol is very hard to get in germany, check out ethan whyners comments on gearsluts for that and you will see..

The basotecs are really great, trust me..

I would definatly recommend these ones..

http://digitalaudioservice.de/s1x.html

and im sure if you buy other stuff @DAS as well you can get a special deal in between 100-200€ ...

let them send the monitors to you for free for 10 days to check them and then decide..you cant do much wrong with that..

Dyns are outdated technology , same like Adam A7 compared to the new stuff..

and forget about genelecs, they got really bad bass response and its hard to find a way to get used to that monitors to make decent transparent mixes..

next thing is the soundcard, wich shoud be as good as it can go..doesn`t make much sense to buy great minitors and then use a "soundblaster for 15€ or something" (as example)

i would wait with toys like the virus and first get a great basic setup..

cheers           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2010 18:15
off topic but about the gene 8040a i m really curious to try them , everyone say the genelec are crap but some top electronic producers use them, they have a good smiley curve and tight fast low end,i like the sound it s flatering , you get in trance listening to them ... some say cause of that curve they work well for electronic music . i hope to try them cause it make perfect sense to me to mix on moniotrs that have the same curve as my music, middle forwadr monitors are great for rock for example cause it s what you need to really conentrate on. you ll never see some bm6a in a pro studio where they mix rocks and other music for radio.. but for electronic music producers they are very popular so that theorie make sense .

Zork did you tried them for mixing psytrance? maybe they really sux , would be disapointed cause i like their sound to listen music.
flatering like they are if they translate great it would be amazing hehe
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2010 18:34
I worked in that shop with a wall full of monitors nd had several moments where i sold people monitors..then we compared the monitors to each other on almost every kind of music..so i think i can say i know they suck           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2010 18:46
wow the reviews on gearsluts about the adam sx series are stunning!
even the little s1x should have a good bottom end.
did you hear s2x and s1x in comparison?

if nothing changes ill contact the dude you said in a few weeks
buying this:
http://digitalaudioservice.de/bmc-2.html
and this
http://digitalaudioservice.de/s1x.html
and maybe another speakerstand...

about the soundcard, i have this one:
http://digitalaudioservice.de/1212m-pci.html
why should i need better latency?

for the "Basotect Bassfallenset" i would need more than 1 set to fill my room (only 4 cornertraps with 1meter size, and my room is 2,75meter high) and the absorbers are a littlebit thin (7cm)... at the moment i have 5cm rockwool pads, and people told me i will need twice the thickness right? but ill check out gearsluts for this too!

thanks m8!           www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
Hex Osirus
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : Aug 19, 2010 18:52
u know they suck? if you knew anything u would know speakers are a personal preference...if they sucked they would not be used in countless studios and by some amazingly talented producers...

dyns and adam a7 outdated so forget about them?

LOL so u were one of "those" salesmen obviously...

http://soundcloud.com/seer
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2010 19:15
Quote:

On 2010-08-19 18:52, Hex Osirus wrote:
u know they suck? if you knew anything u would know speakers are a personal preference...if they sucked they would not be used in countless studios and by some amazingly talented producers...

The bigger range of genelecs are great but not in that pricerange..sure you can get used to any monitor but the question is how long does it take you to get good results..and it takes longer on genelecs than on adams or dynaudio..

Quote:

dyns and adam a7 outdated so forget about them?

then ur just not up to date..

Quote:

LOL so u were one of "those" salesmen obviously...

whatever..but experience counts..

-------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Suloo
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 19, 2010 20:03
Actualy i own 5 Adam A7 and they are great monitors , its a fact, but the sx1 are just better and almost in that that price range..           -------......-------...-..-..-..-.-.-.-.-
Greententacle
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  53
Posted : Aug 19, 2010 22:50
1. Buy a good field recorder

2.Travel !!!           www.myspace.com/toxicbytes
Upavas
Upavas

Started Topics :  150
Posted : Aug 20, 2010 02:58
The only danger with Genelec is that they sound so good, that sometimes it (almost) is too good...
if they were really crap, then I wonder why most top notch studios here (like DBC) in Vancouver have them... Seriously, Genelec makes some wicked stuff ! Like Zork says, the great Genelec stuff costs more than you have...
          Upavas - Here And Now (Sangoma Rec.) new EP out Oct.29th, get it here:
http://timecode.bandcamp.com
http://upavas.com
http://soundcloud.com/upavas-1/
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2010 13:06
but even the 8040a may be good with a other pair less flatering .

orgy dunno about that store but at thoman you have 30 days to retrun a product so you can try some moniotrs maybe, check the site
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2010 13:26
the speaker problem is solved, thanks...

i have a question for this
http://www.der-schaumstoffdiscounter.de/epages/61456034.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61456034/Products/eck1100420420

i have to cover the whole corners with the basstraps, right? from bottom to top.

and those pads... are those for the first reflection points? seems a littlebit thin (7cm).

cheers
          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
orgytime
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2010 15:20
here i made a little pic of my room... (i freaked out with paint aargh lol)

you see the problems:
-the window would overlap the right first reflection point.
-a big bed, i think i just will basstrap 1/3 to the top at this corner
-the wardrobe is in the way for a basstrap basstrap

anyone better idea for the placement of the absorbers?
          www.soundcloud.com/orgytime
PoM
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Aug 20, 2010 17:07
Quote:

On 2010-08-20 13:26, orgytime wrote:
the speaker problem is solved, thanks...

i have a question for this
http://www.der-schaumstoffdiscounter.de/epages/61456034.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61456034/Products/eck1100420420

i have to cover the whole corners with the basstraps, right? from bottom to top.

and those pads... are those for the first reflection points? seems a littlebit thin (7cm).

cheers

yes it s important you go from floor to celling with the bass traps and leave air gap between all absorbers and walls if possible .
in your pic the window well be facing you or is behind you? if it s facing you i doubt it s a big problem cause highs are very directional and low end dont reflect on windows but i m a noob in acoutics so..
if you have a big desk in front the monitors it could make sense to treat it too puting some thin abosrbers on it but not sure it will be good to work with that on top.. and for pc screens it won t stand well maybe..but with some work it could be great imo
Trance Forum » » Forum  Equipment - 2500€ to waste! need help xD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance