Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJs & Artists - 152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?

Djones
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  267
Posted : May 7, 2007 17:12
I'm quite interested actually in how you guys build up the speed in your sets?
I haven't really put much effort in DJ since I have my CDJ's, but I wanna pick it up again, and see what damage I can do

But do you speed them up when going from one track to the other or also in the middle of the track?
MKultraProjects

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 7, 2007 17:49
as far as building up speed in your set, depends what time your going on. i think most all opening sets should start slower, build faster. if your closing for a banger headliner, i think you would want to keep the pace, and over an hour or two slow it down (only slow down if you really want to or if the party calls for it, i.e. if the crowd starts to recede)

i think a general rule of thumb, you should never pitch a song higher or lower then 2 bpm.
3 or more bpm, you will be able to tell the difference. some people dont care, but i think its corny when i recognize a song and its blantanly faster or slower then the orignial version.

if your playing track (A) 149bpm, next track (B) is 153.. SLOWLY raise the track your playing to 150-151 (no more than that!) and lower (B) to 151, mix them, then over the next minute or so pitch (B) either back to 153 or keep it where it is depending on the bpm of track (C).

you can raise the pitch of the song that is playing, but i'd usually do that during a break down and slowly, dont usually make sudden jumps in tempo. it depends what part of the song also. if it breaks into something intense, thats would be a good time to speed up the track 1-2 bpm, it will make it even more intense. if its a break that calms down the intensity, then thats your time to pitch it down.

beat matching is important, its essential!!! but if you want to make a big spike in the bpm, let outro meld into an intro.
you just got to skill it papa.
have fun, smile
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : May 16, 2007 18:22
Quote:

On 2007-05-07 17:12, Djones wrote:
I'm quite interested actually in how you guys build up the speed in your sets?
I haven't really put much effort in DJ since I have my CDJ's, but I wanna pick it up again, and see what damage I can do

But do you speed them up when going from one track to the other or also in the middle of the track?

more info soon
          Helicon Sounds Music
www.hssr.gr
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJs & Artists - 152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance