Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJs & Artists - 152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?

fryquenciezz
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  35
Posted : May 3, 2007 15:18
off Course
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : May 3, 2007 15:33
Of cause not......

Anyway....when you are dancing how are you gonna tell if its 148 or 152.....wtf? are you going to count beats? oO
a3k
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  269
Posted : May 3, 2007 16:21
no..of course not (just check this free compilation - http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/108570/forum/63) btw, who defined parameters on trance music?the only "obligation" this musik style has is:to be psychedelic           ...
enichkin
eniChkin Project

Started Topics :  12
Posted : May 3, 2007 17:02
i don't respect limmited and stereotyped producers, djs, labels etc..
Music should be different and it's more different when it doesn't have limmits.
I play 140-230 bpm. Depend on dancefloor, atmosphere, time and so on. fav tempo 156-160.           
(L)ayered
(I)ntelligence
(F)orming
(E)nergy
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : May 3, 2007 17:10
To fast to dance with? haha, my fingers can go waay faster then 150 Bpm . You have many limbs (arms, legs, fingers), use them, interact them with the music. When the music goes slower, some leg stomping can be more suitable, when it goes way to crazy and fast, you can use your whole damn body (many movable body parts, your back for that sake) to follow sounds, beats, leads and atmospheres. Dancing can be like poetry.
An emotional travel of cosmic movements. *beautiful*
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 16:21, a3k wrote:
the only "obligation" this musik style has is:to be psychedelic

mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 3, 2007 17:26
Like someone said earlier on in the thread.. it all depends on the rhythms/percussive elements of the track. For example, a rolling bassline starts to sound pretty shit once you get about 152+, it just has no space to beathe and sounds rushed, powerless and crap. But then some gabba/hardcore can sound sick at 170-180 BPM because they tend to use 8th note off beat base, given it much more room to breathe and groove at the higher BPMs. If you want to see 155+ done right in a psy track, check out hallucinogen - space pussy. Take note cosmo, rolling bass sounds really gay at like 160 BPM.

PS: It's obvious the "higher BPM = BETTER MORE HARDCORE YEAHHH" mindset is getting more and more widespread these days, take one look at the "new tracks" section and most of the dark tracks list the BPM in the title "NEW KILLAH, 158 BPM KILLAH!!". Who gives a shit what the bpm is.. Making your track uber fast won't make it any better.
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : May 4, 2007 00:14
another POV could be that trance is branching out and exploring new territories, new sounds at faster speeds. Yes, it can sound disagreeable to some, but Ive seen it work wonders on dancefloors. 160+ bpm stuff.

Personally I usually play at max 152 bpm when I play that style. I agree, it seems to be a bandwagon that lots of people are jumping on. But like all styles of all music, there are good tracks there too. Like Dark Elf's track on Sonic Seasoning, or eniChkin's crazy experiments.

It was mentioned above, how can you really tell? If you dance long enough to similar speeds, then it sounds normal. Or if the dj slowly raises the bpm throughout a mix, its nearly impossible to notice.

Unless, of course, you're Goa Gil, but he's got a good excuse.           .
mquirk1
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : May 4, 2007 07:39
Yeah that Dark Elf track is good.. but imo loses it's power in the bass when it goes from kick bassbass kick bassbass bass at the start into the rolling bassline. Personally I'd pitch it down when playing it in sets.

And personally I can detect pretty easily if a dj is slowly pitching up a track, or if is a set is increasing in speed, but I'm a drummer so have a pretty innate feel for different BPMs..

Edit and for a good example of a fast gabba track down well check out:

mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : May 4, 2007 17:12
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:13, Janux wrote:

152! 172!

i think that people who like such high bpm are usually young. (like between 16 - 20 years old)

is it true? most of the artists who make such fast music arent most of them pretty young? like Cosmo etc... and what about all the people in this thread that like this high bpm? how old are you?

Not true at all... KDD is older than 20, I've made some 152 and I'm 27, Mind Distortion system is older than me, And don't forget that Posford even made really fast stuff...Higko's older than myself...It all depends on feeling...

Now to the original topic:
It's very important to gauge the dancefloor and see how fast they like their stuff. In some places if you play slower than 150 the crowd might not like what you're playing (*cough cough mexico cough*) And I found that in Japan, when you push the tempo, people go apeshit. At the same time I played in Germany for my first time last year and was playing between 149-151 and some people in the crowd asked me to slow it down a little bit. So like any dj, you need to feel the crowd out. Talk to the dj who's playing before and after you and find out how fast they're gonna play, see how the crowd reacts to the guy before you and make your judgement from there.           An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
aodioiboa
Aodioiboa

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 4, 2007 18:32
152 bpm is definitely not to fast.....

even i thought so, some month ago.....
i had to learn, that it depends on the rhytmic
structure you use (it was mentioned here b4)...
now i made several tracks with 160 bpm and it seems that people on the floor love it....

but i wouldn´t go much further....165 bpm is
limit in my opinion....anything above is only for the brain, not the feet.....
aodioiboa
Aodioiboa

Started Topics :  10
Posted : May 4, 2007 18:45
@mquirk1

you said its not good to have a rolling baseline at 160 bpm....

i totally disagree...a rolling baseline CAN work also at that speed....

here is a track 160bpm/rolling of mine...:

www.blartlabs.de/aodioiboa-poison.mp3

enjoy listening...!
psybratt
Devic

Started Topics :  23
Posted : May 4, 2007 20:00
i'm 27.. and i think that dakrpsy is really nice and tasty anywhere from 145bpm to 154bpm.. as far as playing such tracks, it's totally dependent on the crowd at the party .. as a DJ you are playing for everyone's pleasure and not your own pleasure.. give the crowd what they want, they'll love ya ..

with faster bpms, the bassline notes are smaller and tigher, sometimes loosing fatness compared to longer bassline notes at slower bpm .. keep in mind, they could be rolling basslines in both cases .. thing to keep in mind is that it's a tradeoff and such tracks have their own effect.. what do you want to play in the situation you have?..

peace,
Devic
MKultraProjects

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 6, 2007 05:04
Quote:

On 2007-05-04 17:12, mubali wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-06-26 15:13, Janux wrote:

152! 172!

i think that people who like such high bpm are usually young. (like between 16 - 20 years old)

is it true? most of the artists who make such fast music arent most of them pretty young? like Cosmo etc... and what about all the people in this thread that like this high bpm? how old are you?

Not true at all... KDD is older than 20, I've made some 152 and I'm 27, Mind Distortion system is older than me, And don't forget that Posford even made really fast stuff...Higko's older than myself...It all depends on feeling...

Now to the original topic:
It's very important to gauge the dancefloor and see how fast they like their stuff. In some places if you play slower than 150 the crowd might not like what you're playing (*cough cough mexico cough*) And I found that in Japan, when you push the tempo, people go apeshit. At the same time I played in Germany for my first time last year and was playing between 149-151 and some people in the crowd asked me to slow it down a little bit. So like any dj, you need to feel the crowd out. Talk to the dj who's playing before and after you and find out how fast they're gonna play, see how the crowd reacts to the guy before you and make your judgement from there.

i think mubali nailed it.
you really have to feel the crowd out papa. i've had intentions on putting on a real "killer" high bpm set, and when i pushed the envolope it wasn't recieved well, and so i slowed it down, the dance floor filled again.
never ever etch your set in stone! a "good dj" will react to there crowd. plus trust me, its a lot more fun to improvise more of it (and at that point papa, your djing, your doing it, have FUN!) then sticking to a list.

also, i think its important to keep in mind what time slot your in. if your opening the party (10pm-12:00 am) you really dont want to push the tempo up to high. give the party some breathe space, let it develope over the night ::take one for the team lol::

little tip: psykovsky- belochi remix (off his album) crazy, killer, strong monster track!! only 145 bpm
if you ever push the bpm 155-160 bpm and you notice the crowd begins to recede
let that track outro into belochi remix intro. now you have a new set of tempo to play with, and the intensity is still there
DJAmnesia

Started Topics :  2
Posted : May 6, 2007 23:57
[quote]
On 2006-06-20 22:31, dj_anubis wrote:
do you think to play tracks in 152 BPM is ok for the dancefloor in dark trance parties or is it to fast?
i ask this because sometimes i think that it might be 2 fast so please tell me do you think that 152 bpm tracks will work on the dancefloors?

Idont think its fast all depends on the track. Some tracks can sound like they are fast and some others can sound little bit slower then the original bpm!

Im always playin tracks from 150-160 bpm's and ppl like it!

http://www.myspace.com/amnesiaakagoacore
d1m1tr1

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 7, 2007 00:12
try our upcoming track with mario
Septagram is 152 on Dropout and dark atmospheressss + flow           http://darkelf.gr
http://www.sonic-loom.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  DJs & Artists - 152 bpm is it to fast for dark trance dancefloor?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance