Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 10:46
Hi All !

Two excllent artists unite together for releasing a debut album - Xerox (Moshe Keinan) and Illumination (Amir Dvir), the album called XI.
Here you can find 9 massive tunes + bonus remix of Etnica, so lets start tp "analyze" it :

1. Night Shift RMX - 140 BPM
Awesome remix to the original version ! for me, the remix is better than the original on few levels. One minute of intoduction and than the story begin - massive kick with kicking baseline. The brake on 03:50 is so powerful that even if you try to hold your self, you won't be able to do it. Total karahana on the last two minutes without compromises. Very good start for this album.

2. Ghost In The Machine - 142 BPM
The tempo ig going up a bit. Very special track, I fall in love with it from the first second. It build well - slowly building, more and more elemnts gets in and of course the beautiful melodi on the middle. The last brake has some mysterious effects, but on 05:38 all the strangeness go out and left just the diging

3. Battleship - 145 BPM
Attractive introsuction, and than start a groovy kick and the story begin. This one is a dance floor monster ! many suprises and clever games, which give a lot of power to the track. The last 2 minutes are amazing - everything is unexpected and when the kick comeback with all this "healthy" noise, all the energies get out.

4. Paranoia - 142 BPM
Although this track released before, Amir & Moshe decided to put here also and they did the right choice, it just impossible to take it out from the album. Delightful track with even one boring second - guitars, vocals, games with the baseline...you can find everything you look for in one track...amazing! I'm sure that this tune cause serious damage to the crowd's legs all over the world

5. Soul Control - 140 BPM
Down tempo techno tune with deep soul. It can be used excllent choice for build a massive full on set. Very groovy and uplifting like most of the album tracks.

6. Funkenstein - 145 BPM
Here you can find something unique - it's the first time I hear electro tune on the middle of a full-on album and not in the end. X & I present their different creative side with a electro-funk influences - refreshing and special with emotions and soul...well done !

7. Assimilation Of Reality - 145 BPM
This one is really enjoyable and funky. Pumping baseline with some crazy effects and srtange vocals background - assimilation of defferent genres together.

8. Oranda (Final Mix) - 145 BPM
Astrix his get a brilliant remix here. Rolling baseline wih fast kick and Oranda's melodies background. This what I called remix - they just took Avi's track and change it all (except the melodi). Excllent work by this 2 guys and of course half of the credit go to Astrix with this beatiful melodi.

9. Bottom Line - 135 BPM
Deep tune with a lot of relaxing elemnts. Just close your eyes and roll with this tune. Words can't describe it, so get it.

*BONUS TRACK*
10. 7 Days (Etnica Remix) - 143 BPM
Another high quality remix. Max and Mauri remixed it well, for me even better than the original version. Etnica's style is just killer and together with '7 Days' structure, we get fantastic track !

http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4830

http://kremboshop.com/product_info.php?products_id=307&osCsid=7c00b97482be7ef1dfea9014db201363

Mr.Hanky
Ace Ventura

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 11:13
Quote:

On 2005-10-03 10:46, guy cohen wrote:
Hi All !

Two excllent artists unite together for releasing a debut album

This is X&I's SECOND album.

Excellent release btw
scraper
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 12:28
They got lots of talent but you get the feeling that they're trying too hard make it as bombastic as possible. instead of focusing on making great music and something really innovateable, they just focus on the dancefloor.
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 12:39
Quote:

On 2005-10-03 11:13, Mr.Hanky wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-03 10:46, guy cohen wrote:
Hi All !

Two excllent artists unite together for releasing a debut album

This is X&I's SECOND album.

Excellent release btw

You right Yoni, first album - http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=3742
My mistake.
katam
Abomination

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Oct 3, 2005 15:05
i wont go into details too much because the first review pretty much said it all....one of the albums that i think i will be listening to for a long time .
much respect xerox and illumination....keep the music coming.
raider
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Oct 4, 2005 01:00
A really nice album. Haven't been through it enough times to tell if it's better than the previous debut album - but I do sense a more mature feel in this album and it's definitely more darker (Joti Sidhu-dark). Also, the album is very melodious, not necessarily in its melodies, but in the grooves, basslines, builds and atmosphere. Many of the tracks evolves in a much grander scale and has that 'Paranoia'-feel to it, with the very-large feeling doom-like melodies to it (yeah, like the climax-escalating ending in 'Astrix - Underbeat' to name an example).

My favourite track, so far, has to be 'Battleship' - really wicked voice-samples (the rewinding-detail is insane) and massive, massive anthem-like melodies. Although I've gotten good responses on the dancefloor on several of the other tracks.

'Funkenstein' and 'Bottom Line' are good experimenting tracks as well. I really like the concept of experimenting with BPM and still maintain an overall feel/harmony. More full on artists should embrace this idea.

Basically, a solid album and I'm looking forward to play more of the album's track in my DJ-sets.          LABEL-DJ @ 3D VISION RECORDINGS | www.myspace.com/djraider | www.myspace.com/3dvisionrecordings
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Oct 7, 2005 11:14
a lot of improvement since the 1st album of X&I. gr8 music!          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 7, 2005 13:55
Anybody with fuller and more objective review?
I'd really like to know how good is it.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Lior (AnandaShake)
Ananda Shake

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 01:27
the album of this year....for me its the best....cheers...shake...!!!!           http://www.boadistribution.com/NEWS/UTOPIA/UTPCD%2D13/
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 07:55
wow this yr again wid a killer album .. Xerox and illumination (no more words)...
i think the album last yr was more crazier infact...
but this consist a loot of morning melodies.. thn the twilight set of theirs...
no complains ..
          0x00000PSy
Bloodclot
Bloodclot

Started Topics :  93
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 15:30
Wow.. some nice reviews here.. cant wait to here Xerox live in a few days!
Cheers!
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Oct 10, 2005 19:00
Quote:

On 2005-10-04 01:00, raider wrote:
A really nice album. Haven't been through it enough times to tell if it's better than the previous debut album - but I do sense a more mature feel in this album and it's definitely more darker (Joti Sidhu-dark). Also, the album is very melodious, not necessarily in its melodies, but in the grooves, basslines, builds and atmosphere. Many of the tracks evolves in a much grander scale and has that 'Paranoia'-feel to it, with the very-large feeling doom-like melodies to it (yeah, like the climax-escalating ending in 'Astrix - Underbeat' to name an example).

My favourite track, so far, has to be 'Battleship' - really wicked voice-samples (the rewinding-detail is insane) and massive, massive anthem-like melodies. Although I've gotten good responses on the dancefloor on several of the other tracks.

very nice review
actually these "'Paranoia'-feel" tracks (or to be more specific tracks 3,4,5) remind me of X-Dream's Radio style space techno.
best album from Hommega this year imo, and for sure a bomb on the dance floor. right now my favorites are 2,3,4,and 5.
Meta-Morphosis
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  216
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 09:23
XEROX AND ILLUMINATION full power as ever

good review to the point !!            “What we need is the development of the Inner Spiritual man, the unique individual, whose treasure is hidden in the symbols of our mythological tradition and in man’s unconscious psych.” - CJ Jung
dj dinamit

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 15:15
For me its the best album of the year, i never saw a dance floor bomb like when i play soul control, and the build up from oranda rmx...
And ghost in the machine is a good history, u were very happy in the break, very happy to choose that break.

It was a my brithday present because the release date was one day after my birthday.

I bought this from psysale in the release day.

Congratulations moshe and amir, i couldnt see your live act in brazil this year, but im waiting you in belo horizonte, a city near sao paulo.

thanks

ass: fernando camargo.
V a R u n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Oct 11, 2005 16:09
Ok i was a little dissaopinted after hearing this album since i was expecting much more and also conisdering the fact that their first album was muct better(atlst in my opinion)..
i only like the oranda remix , the ethnica remix and battleship..
The rest of them sound little too "technoish" for my taste..
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance