Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page and 1 guest
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)

rippa
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  60
Posted : Oct 29, 2005 10:32
simply phat stuff from moshe and amir , latest sound around.
always full of power with the right melodies every time blasting the dance floors , this is one of the highlights of the year for me , strong and kicking night-fullon music , watch out mind!
psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Nov 1, 2005 13:59
Xerox & Illumination
XI
HomMega (Israel)

Nightshift (Remix) has a nice baggy groove to it, sounding like normal psytrance but with the belt loosened a couple of notches. It takes a while to build up to a decent central run, with a low-set midrange providing the focus. Ghost In The Machine has an awesome “waking up” feeling to it… you know those tracks that seem to shift into consciousness all by themselves (man)? The groove is crunchy and low, so when the topend starts to soar it’s an incredible balance. Then it’s off to a standard breakdown, after which: all hell breaks loose. One of the classiest drops of the year, it’s simply phenomenal – noises all around you, a suggested melody bubbling under the surface, and more power than a WWE wrestler on a steroid bender. Battleship I now recall being caned at Sonica – a ganrly beast with a reverb-heavy Wizzy-esque beast of a midrange riff. Very technoey for these boys, but they can’t resist sticking that Stone Roses heavy drumming at the breakdown – unashamed, it works. Paranoia is a very sluggish, lacklustre tune that sounds like it was made from randomised presets of the other tunes on the album. Dry. Soul Control is like a pastiche of Battleship, which was only two tracks ago. It’s a lot less dynamic, and even the good bits borrowed from Wizzy seem a little stale here. Funkenstein is so damn good I’m taking it out for dinner on Friday night, hopefully to sodomise it in a backalley on my way home (isn’t it lucky that no girls ever read my reviews). It’s tuff breaks, with gnarly acidised sounds on top, semi-decent vocals and… fark, it’s just the energy here. We could be seeing the start of something here – psytrance artists are definitely able producers, and they’re used to smacking out an awful lot of energy out of a pair of speakers. Stick these qualities over breaks, and you could have a tasty genre (which would also free everyone up, getting away from a 4-4 to really start to experiment.) Anyway: Assimilation Of Reality is pretty much XI-by-numbers, it has a nice atmosphere and a sort of Israeli-strut groove (ala Chakra & Edi Mis); Astrix’s Oranda gets another “final” remix. Basically it’s a standard isra2005 tune with an embarrassingly large breakdown and that high-end “doo-dee-doo” riff. Yawnsome codwank. And probably high on Jon 00 Fleming’s playlist. Bottom Line continues the above argument about breakbeats; although this is 4-4, in a kinda proto-disco vein. Much more free, much more fluid, much more musical. Then finally, tacked on the end, is Etnica’s unidimensional remix of 7 Days. Another Sonica anthem, it is nevertheless a complete cliché. Okay. So, You’ve got a handful of *really* good moments here. The first three tracks are nothing short of brilliant, but this form doesn’t get carried along the course of the whole album. Better than I expected, but not as good as I’d hoped.

http://www.psyreviews.com

longo.sf

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Nov 20, 2005 09:19
for sure.best album of the year.on the side of black&white.
for me best track:funkenstein.that electro beat on the 3rd minute make people screaaam.and jump...
FreeMan
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 00:38
really good cd has to be at evry house .!!!!           LunaMusic crew
..::PsySacred::..
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 00:54
Xerox & Illumination..u can read this two work names with together , Great Work + Great Work = MASTERPIECE..thats alll....
different sounds..included fullonish sounds but professional..one of best album rlsed in 2005...
Dr.Insect (Predators)
Predators

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 00:56
It's one of the best albums i have ever heard!!!Really powerfull tracks with nice productions!!I also believe that is an album that must be in every house!!Many tracks including on this made and continue make my day....           www.predators-music.blogspot.com
www.diceradio.gr
www.di.fm
Voice of All
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  48
Posted : Nov 21, 2005 11:06
more then a year since i took part at xerox & illumination and even more since i've heard their previous album... and it was realy an outstanding release. top level music and mighty original soundings and moves. now im happy to see that new album just showing the same unbilivable production and creative work...           Spiritual guides are to practice and serve in ways that cultivate awareness, empathy, and wisdom.
homsy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Nov 22, 2005 11:35
XI is Xerox & Illumination second featured album.
Both, Xerox & Illumination, been very successfully active with their solo projects, seem to finally fuse both ends perfectly, making them one.
It seems like the name XI symbolizes this notion.
XI consists of a wide variety of dance floor hits, rich, thick, fully textured, mighty powerful & energetic.
This is a very mature, solid & well thought of release, a release that has shattered my initial high expectations, fulfilling my desires to the max.
Another successful release from Hommega, buy an original... its worth it!!!

www.psymag.com           Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 22, 2005 16:45
Album of the year!!!!!!!

A total stomper! It's the first time in a while that i rate 90% of the tracks of an album with an exclamation mark! First album was a masterpiece, and this one is just as good as ever!           V/A Floating Mirror - OUT NOW - with Celles, Midimal, Electrypnose, Melodix, Troll Scientists, Yab Yum, Gaspard, Ajja, Cradle of Beats! Info on
http://www.myspace.com/moonlooprecords
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/mol/mol1cd001.html
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Nov 23, 2005 12:53
hey nice work!
i must agree its one of the best albums this year. high level production like almost everything from hommega!
my favourite this year after the x-noize album.
looking forward for their live set in austria!
greetz from vienna!

http://www.facebook.com/djkajola
leandromorales
Demonizz/Duophonix

Started Topics :  16
Posted : Nov 24, 2005 21:24
with certainty the album of this year

Excellent release

congratulations
slug
Slug

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Nov 29, 2005 10:09
This is definitely one of the most professionally produced albums I've heard in a while.... the power is huge, the arrangements are really cool. Only criticism would be that there is not enough variation in style between the tracks ... but same goes for most albums I've heard recently -> this one just kicks ass!!
DropOut

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Nov 29, 2005 11:26
Definitely on my top 3 list.
One of the most powerful albums this year.
The tracks are all blasters.
A must-have for sure.
kokass

Posted : Nov 29, 2005 12:46
After listening the temporary insanity i immediately knew that XI would be a great cd.lots of explosive beats and good psychedelic sounds.

keep with the good work!!!
stras

Posted : Dec 2, 2005 19:34
Very good .Yes one of the best i have heard in a while, they gave a very good live act in London Recently, also in Portugal. Powerful!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Xerox & Illumination - XI (Hommega Records , Sep. 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance