Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Wizzy Noise - The Timeline Remixes (Candyflip Records 2004) CDM
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Wizzy Noise - The Timeline Remixes (Candyflip Records 2004) CDM

damod

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Apr 16, 2004 19:15
very good cd... keep on releasing good music
Pasha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Apr 21, 2004 15:37
Tho' I'm hearing few trance tracks these days, I still love Wizzy's and this release. Blue Planet Corp. was always something special for me, and their remix is just wonderful!
Dovla
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Apr 21, 2004 19:23
Wizzy Noise – The Timeline Remixes (Candyflip Records)

The 3rd Wizzy Noise album had some really great tracks and The Timeline wasn't really a track I remembered as one of them. It was a good track but still not as good as some others. This is why I found it pretty strange to now have 5 remixes of it. However judging from the tracklist this isn't just another hit attempt. The artists doing the remixes are from different areas of the scene which is a good thing.

Timeline (Vibrasphere Remix)

The first remix starts of with a very deep and dubby atmosphere in a typical Vibrasphere fashion. It's too bad that this is the last track released by the duo. The track has a very deep bassline and just a fantastic structure which you could recognize immediately. This is just a trademark Vibrasphere sound. Of course the great thing about is the fact that the wizzy sounds still remain. Some nice vocal samples are also introduced but the most dominant feature apart from the massive bassline is the acid 303 like sound. Although I'm not really a fan of such retro sounds this one blends just perfectly with the main melody which is again made in a typical Vibrasphere fashion. My favorite remix for sure despite the over the top acid sounds.

Timeline (Neo Logic Remix)

I'm really not a fan of Micha and Mishel's hyper productive way of releasing tracks. This one is made in a typical Israeli full on fashion. It starts with some really nice echoing sounds and of course a really smooth but heavy bassline. Although a bit too predictable and simple this track is really good dancefloor material and I'm sure most people will like it. It just doesn't do much for me as I find it too aggressive and repetetive at times.

Timeline (Wizzy Noise Remix)

I must say that I find it pretty boring to see Wizzy Noise remixing themselves. The entire track gets a much deeper tribal perspective and more acid sounds which are really present in the new album. Also a huge amount of flanger sounds keep appearing. It's a good track just like the original but not changed enough which is why I feel that artists should leave remixes to someone other than themselves. Again this is very good dancefloor material.

Timeline (Charasmatix Remix)

Now here is an interesting remix from a name that hasn't been present on the scene for a while. It is the most aggressive track with a very typical and boring beat. However that is probably the only bad thing about it. It has a typical progressive structure and it is just filled with fantastic tribal drums. The bassline just drives you forward through the entire track. It takes a while before it gets interesting though. Again we have acid sounds that resemble the original. Yet here they are done in a very nice groovy fashion. Perfect night time dancefloor material.

Timeline (Blue Planet Corporation Remix)

Again here is a name that hasn't been present for a while. The remix also has a very strong bassline but since it's the longest track it just takes a while before things get interesting. When they do we have a fantastic tribal groove with a retro like background that just keeps you on your feet. That same background keeps evolving until it comes to a point where it just becomes a really noticeable acid sound and just takes over for a while. But the biggest highlight is the fantastic night time melody which just leaves your mouth wide open and sends shivers down your spine. It's just so powerful and aggressive yet very calm at the same time. Fantastic remix.

I guess I could say that there are bad tracks here but then again I am very glad that this wasn't some hit maker attempt. All the tracks have great quality production and they can be played in any night time set, especially the last one. The new album by Wizzy Noise on Spun moves in a completely different direction than this one which is again a good thing but I would like to hear more of this kind of sound. In any case I recommend this to anyone who is searching for some powerful material.           DJ Dovla | Interchill Records, Flow Records
www.dovla.info
Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 22, 2004 06:08
i bought this maxxi today and im a bit disapointed. My fav. remixes are the Wizzy one and Blue Planet..

>Seth           The Devil Is In Detail!
Daniel Roeth
Koan / Vacuum Stalkers

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 23, 2004 00:07
Good job!
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : May 4, 2004 18:33
I bought this and was a little disappointed as well... perhaps because remix maxis aren't the norm for this scene and really, how many moods for one track do you need? Especially cuz, as noted, this was not a stand-out track from their album. Vibrasphere pull out some surprises with an acidic proggy take, Charasmatix give it some good treatment with a slightly darker mood and clattering drums, and BPC create a very light and deep progressive groove-fest out of it, but still... my reaction is lukewarm. Digital Structures had a better approach to the remix maxi idea by taking two tunes and giving them both a pair of treatments... it offers a bit more diversity there. Regardless, its nice to see the remix thing attempted in a good way, even if I wasn't totally awed at the results.
Ksu

Started Topics :  0
Posted : May 8, 2004 00:36
Wow!!!!!! Blue Planet Corporation Remix , is Absolutely Good Remix Single!!!!!!!!
Amazing work!!!!!!!!!!
Alex Boshke
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  59
Posted : May 20, 2004 14:04
Very nice CD single indeed!
all the remixes are great especially Vibrasphere;s and BPC's.
Good Luck to Candyflip team!
blueOrb
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : May 21, 2004 10:54
this cd is a fuckin killer man ....... i find the wizzy noise remix of timeline the most awesome great goin guys
          New mixes on
http://soundcloud.com/blueorb

Older Mixes on
http://blueorb.podomatic.com/
clown
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : May 26, 2004 17:56
im quiet disapointed myself.. i dunno, the use of that god awful 303 sound is present is almost all of the remixes, and it totally stresses me out.. to the point where i just want to change songs..

thanks to the charasmatix remix that saves the album.. hehehe..           "VA - REWIRED" OUT NOW !! (techtrance invasion) ---> http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/86303/forum/9
http://psy.techno.fm <------- Jester Records's Internet Radio channel
www.jesterrecords.ca
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Jun 24, 2004 18:34
I like this cd, i think it was a good choice of a track to pick as a remix template.
I dig Charasmatix's rmx here the best i think... along with Neologic and Blue Planet Corp. i did not connect with Vibrasphere's rmx...
good job here all in all.

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Oct 23, 2004 15:08
A really nice CD single with more diversity than most compilations.

The absolute highlight is the amazingly beautiful and emotional Blue Planet Corporation remix and the Vibrasphere Remix. A big drawback in the Vibrasphere remix though is the acid-sounds in the last part of the track, that kind of seemed out of place with their smooth style.

But overall a great CD.

8/10           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Wizzy Noise - The Timeline Remixes (Candyflip Records 2004) CDM
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance