Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Why exactly is it that we don't hear any new music that resembles the 1995-99 stuff?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Why exactly is it that we don't hear any new music that resembles the 1995-99 stuff?

EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 18:21
Why stuck in the past?

-------------------------

"Get ur broken stupid brain into the future u damn asshole" - Albert Einstein            Signature
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 19:08
"Do something good with the future, not the generic crap" - Albert Einstein           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Oct 16, 2005 21:01
if you like 95-99 stuff, there should be plenty of it for you to listen to for years and years. no need to make any more, really, it's all been done a million times already.

and yes, there's plenty of amazing innovative interesting music pushing the boundaries right now. it requires a bit of effort to find it, but if you only get out of your shell, open your mind and listen..
          ..it's just another party..
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 09:37
Traveller the new re-issued Cosmosis album is here for you.
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 09:58
I think most music has come to a sort of stand-still at the moment. If you look at the metal scene, you have the same thing that's happening here. Most death metal sounds alike these days, minus a couple of exceptions. Anyway, what's different about the metal scene is that people in there, generally, don't complain as much about it.

People should count their blessings for the great acts that you still like. Like you traveller, be glad people like Simon Posford, Juno Reactor etc are still there for your entertainment. And be frank: if we'd still had a lot of music like that and you'd been listening to that since, say, 1999... then you'd be in here now bitching about how everything was sounding the same.

Think about it...
I for one, am glad to see some changes since 1999 and up, because I was getting way tired of the Mindfield/Cosmosis ripoffs adorning the scene at that time. Progressive is the best thing to have happened to this scene in a long time. Son Kite, Kooler, Lunaspice, Jaia, 12 Moons, Andromeda, Freq... need I go on?           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Kemic-Al
Kemic-Al

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 10:06

Simple: 'Evolution'

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 10:35
Quote:

On 2005-10-17 09:58, Acidhive wrote:
Progressive is the best thing to have happened to this scene in a long time. Son Kite, Kooler, Lunaspice, Jaia, 12 Moons, Andromeda, Freq... need I go on?

It's great music and i like it but i still think that today's Son Kite material has as much in common with Goa as BT or Tiesto. I think Son Kite had totally another sources of inspiration than Simon Posford or Astral Projection.
In another hand there's dark psy that shares the spirit of experimenting with sound but mostly lacks the (sorry for the cliche) the spirit, the love and finally the music that i felt listening to old Goa classics.
Not that i say that all that was made in that period was good. I was only referring to the classics.
I'm glad though that there are still artists who create experimental sound with music and with much love. And not just random collection of bleeps over raging 150 BPM rhythm.
Or 135 BPM groovy tune with housy stabs and same ol' pads that bore me the same way.
NP: Ocelot - Turn it up.          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 17, 2005 19:59
Quote:

On 2005-10-17 10:35, Pavel wrote:

I'm glad though that there are still artists who create experimental sound with music and with much love. And not just random collection of bleeps over raging 150 BPM rhythm.

Could it be that the bleeps only seem random, just like the fibonacci sequence..

DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 17, 2005 20:04
as to progressive, why is everybody acting like it's some new invention - don't you all remember those years (like '99-'02) when progressive dominated the music? anyway, seems it's a natural progression to go through 'full-on' or 'goa' then people get sick of melodies and epic buildups and retreat into more minimal styles until they get bored and want more melodies..

thank bob for dark psy.

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 20:18
Quote:

On 2005-10-17 19:59, DiMiTry wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-10-17 10:35, Pavel wrote:

Could it be that the bleeps only seem random, just like the fibonacci sequence..

Hey i am a big fan of math. But there has to be a logic. That's why i like older Hux Flux and i like Sensient. There has to be a story. Perhaps i don't get it due to my inexperience with psychedelic drugs, but the problem is that i have a lot of friends that have the experience but don't get that type of music as well. It has something to do with age i reckon.           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
offthenutboom
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  55
Posted : Oct 17, 2005 20:22
Oh oh another thread about "how the good old times were filled with inspiration and now... well it sucks."

I have almost all the released Goa from way back then til 2000 when progressive filled the airways. I stop playing trance @ that time because progressive was not my cup of tea. But I think nowadays there is really good and inpiring music. But, now some capitalize on it and flood the bins with standarized sounds and some still have that goa psychedelic underground loving feeling from the past. I recommend Boldly Audio. For me this album is Goa, but not the untra-melodic goa, but the soul shaking, feet propelling, original, unexpected and trully psychedelic. I think there are more artists like this, but it might get turned into a light vs. dark debate and I just want to keep it in the psychedelic goa realm.
DiMiTry
IsraTrance Full Member

Posted : Oct 17, 2005 21:32
Quote:

On 2005-10-17 20:18, Pavel wrote:
There has to be a story. Perhaps i don't get it due to my inexperience with psychedelic drugs, but the problem is that i have a lot of friends that have the experience but don't get that type of music as well. It has something to do with age i reckon.

or perhaps you just never heard it done well, in the right environment, with the proper vibe. one of these days maybe.

damage
damage

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Oct 18, 2005 23:06
because now is 2005 and soon 2006...no more nineteens in there

as i said before. if you wanna listen to the old styles, then why not just listen to the old songs. they have done everything they could do with these styles , which is why it moved forward to what we are doing now....which will be history as well in just a few years...
14-year old e-tard
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 11:50
Seeing things from the producers' point of view, I don't think that they would be interested in making the same tunes they've done in the past. I'd love another Order Odonata Vol1, Teleportation, Silicon Trip, Out Of Site, Great Unknown or Audiodrome, but I am sure artists mostly make music for them selves and then for the crowd. Making tunes is not simply a 9-5 day job where you simply can't wait long enough before the weekend comes and you don't have to work. Artists HAVE to be completely happy with what they're doing in order to be fully commited.

Seeing it from a label's point of view, there's only one goal, survival/money. Unless the label is run by extremely rich people, they have to release music that will sell, and since psy-trance is no electro/house music with shed loads of people that buy lots of vinyl, they have to conform to what the mass wants.
Same for promoters, they have to fill clubs, they have to give people what they want, they have to book a line up that will draw the crowd, with loads of big names that have a hour to absolutely rock the floor so they can get booked again.
Haven't seen a DJ play a 5+ hour set where he can build up and take people on a journey, for years.

The crowd is very different today. Go to a party and look at what's happening. They want the same 16th/145+ repetitive bassline and arrangement. This whole sub-genre/pigeonholing thing has lead to sergegation and people saying, that is too housey, that's too dark, I don't like it its full-on, I don't like it its progresive...etc.
Noone really minded 134BPM tunes like "The Great Uknown" when they came out. I bet loads of people wouldn't even give it a chance today because it deviates so much from the normal stuff that sells the most/gets artists the most bookings. The crowd has changed loads. You simply can't impede new generations with a different view, getting into the music, getting a computer with a bunch of free/cracked software and changing its face completely.

Anyway, some call it evolution, I call it devolution, but the most important thing in dark times like these, is self preservetion and being happy.
If that is simply a question of putting an old record/DAT/CD on, then there's nothing to worry about.
Things will change again, they always do.
          Me>You
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Oct 19, 2005 11:59
Quote:

On 2005-10-14 17:53, traveller wrote:
Eh do we actually (in general) enjoy the crap they're pushing out these days?

Kids and no psydruggies does (that includes you, but you got good music taste, so your the exeptian)
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Why exactly is it that we don't hear any new music that resembles the 1995-99 stuff?
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance