Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Voov Experience 2005 ....
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Voov Experience 2005 ....

XIS
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Jun 1, 2005 13:09
Me and my girl are going to FullmoON and then directly to VooV (the worlds biggest after party!)

Se ya´ll there
          I never sleep cuz sleep is da cousin of Death
odysseus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Jul 8, 2005 19:32
i just book my ticket!!!
i",m coming!!!!!
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 17, 2005 16:02
Let's continue the trend from earlier years and start guessing on parts of the lineup, shall we? Maybe some of you have some information?

Surfing labels and artists websites, I have found some info:

Jaïa: According to his website, Jaïa will play in Berlin the 23rd of July. Now, who organizes a party in the Berlin area at the same time as VooV? With one of the best albums of the year, Jaïa is a pretty good guess for a prime time set

Astrix: According to gigs-section on HOMmegas website, Astrix will be playing at VooV.

Plusquam: Their dates-section on their website simply says "VooV Experience" - this isn't so strange really, as Plusquam is very closely related to Spirit Zone records. There's no info about what Plusquam artists who will be attending VooV, but I think Mapusa Mapusa (perhaps as Fusi and Johnson?), André Absolut and Bitmonx/Buzzmonx are good guesses.

MPDQX/Digital Structures: According to their booking-site, Nanda will playing in the chillout. Nothing new here really, as she's been in charge of the chillout for some time now.

DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 01:23
Heh heh....I know a few, but I ain't saying squat.

Just don't plan on leaving the alternative stage for the last 8 or so hours on Sunday. It's going to be even better than the last 2 years.
          -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
drooid
Sun Control Species

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 15:44
Quote:

On 2005-07-17 16:02, pr0fane wrote:
Nanda will playing in the chillout. Nothing new here really, as she's been in charge of the chillout for some time now.

I am actually searching urgently for a contact to Nanda. Can anyone help?
thanks, d.           the FATLINE is ending www.myspace.com/suncontrolspecies
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 16:10
I'm sure you can find an contact email here:
http://djnanda.com/           -----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
the-hq

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jul 20, 2005 18:23
i sense a disturbance in the force that tells me that if you wanna see rinkadink on voov you should go there )

just a feeling           .o° welcome to the 6o4th dimension °o.
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 17:47
2005 was the year of the 14th VooV Experience – one of the longest-running electronic music festivals, and a yearly gathering for trance fans around Europe (and other parts of the world). This was my 4th visit to the festival, and it came out much like expected.

Due to the bad weather forecasts (which turned out to be wrong) we didn't go until Friday, but luckily enough in good time to avoid the big queues at the entrance. After setting up our tents we had a long walk around the festival-site, and it was pretty much the same as earlier years: the Alternative Stage (or Progressive if you like) was in the same position as last year, but with more Deco (NOS and Jamin Murphy) – good, but not very surprising. Apparently there had been heavy rain on thursday, so much was behind schedule; the market wasn't as crowded as earlier years, and they where still setting up deco shortly before the opening of the Alternative stage.

The opening of the alternative stage was basically a dejavu of last year: full on. Ignis played a decent set, up until the 3rd mainstream remix (Chemical Brothers, DMC and Eurythmics) where I left the stage, sat in the camp for a few hours before going to sleep around 3 AM.

Woke up around 10 AM and chilled in the camp before going to the Alternative stage to hear Banel. I caught a few of the last tracks of Salaris' (Sangeet and Mullekular) liveset, which to me sounded quite boring and uninspiring. Banels came on afterwards, and his trackselection was good, with lots of stuff from Set:4 and Set:5, some older FREq material, some new Phony Orphants and Behind Blue Eyes tracks – and of course a lot more. He had a few offbeat-mixes at times though, but I had a good time.

I heard parts of the Shiva Chandra and Montago & Golkonda sets from the camp, before going to the stage again to hear my favourite act on the whole festival: Jaïa – and he didn't disappoint! Every track in his set was amazing, and it contained all the dancefloor tracks from the "Fiction" album, the "Passengers" collaboraton with Silicon Sound, and a good bunch of new unreleased material that sounded equally amazing. After playing 1½ hour (30 minutes more than planned) the crowd was screaming for more, so he played 2 extra tracks – "Serial Groover" and finally the amazing classic "Mai Mai".

The opening of the Main Stage was a disappointment like always – 10.000 people standing like sardines in a tin, a soundsystem that makes it impossible to enjoy the music if you're not standing inside the small circle of speakers, and the same uninspired fireshow (from my point of view) like always. After watching the opening from a distance, we chilled in a small shop with waterpipes with a great view to the Alternative stage, where T.C.K., Johan Bley and Martink where playing. It was a pleasant surprise – fine trackselection by the DJ, ranging from funky house to storming progressive trance, and the guy on the drums did a pretty good job adding some more dynamic to the music, although he overdid it a few times. Hearing "Hale Bopp" was especially nice.

I left the stage around 2:30 to get back to bed, and caught 15-30 minutes of Pentas set on the mainstage – very dark psychedelic music as expected, and not as bad as much of the random-sounding "dark psy" flooding the market at the moment – although I must say it wasn't really my cup of tea.

Had a very good long sleep, so woke up pretty late (unfortunately missed the comeback set of Necton), but just in time to hear much of Reefer Decrees set. Having his latest track on "Set:5" in mind I was expecting a lot, but it wasn't as good as I was hoping for. His laptop broke down towards the end, so he had to play the rest of the set from the CDJ's, and the highlight was of course when he played "Nightvision", accompanied by the first rays of light since sometime Friday evening. Magical finish to an otherwise disappointing set.

I love the first two albums from S>Range, but knowing he has turned towards full on lately, I wasn't expecting a lot from his set on the Main Stage – and it wasn't really that good either. It was very melodic and cheesy, and not nearly as deep and emotional as his earlier stuff. Ok for a full on set, but disappointing coming from one of the pioneers of the Scandinavian progressive sound.

Sunday ended at the Alternative Stage with Beckers and D-Nox providing groovy music for no less than 5 hours! "Switch" was ofcourse a part of Beckers set, they both played their new remix of Antix' "Le Lascard", D-Nox played "Hale Bopp" – and the rest of their sets where awesome as well. After that (knowing that there wasn't really anything we had to hear on the Main Stage on the last night) we decided to pack and leave for home.

Good:
- Jaïa, D-Nox and Beckers
- Trance-Shop.com's stall selling Spirit Zone and Plusquam releases for 5 Euros! (I left with 13 CD's and 1 DVD )

Bad:
- Nothing new. Almost the same deco (apart from in the chillout, and also some more on the Alternative stage), and the same stage-setups as last year.
- Annoying soundsystems in the camping-area. This has been a problem on all the VooV's I've attended, and it's getting more and more annoying, as the organizers doesn't seem to care. People, if you like hardstyle, go to a hardstyle party! If you like psychedelic/progressive, go to one of the 2 open stages! Stop terrorising your neighbours with loud music.

Overall it was a pretty good experience like always, although far from being my best. Luckily we where spared for heavy rain (there was some light rain Friday evening and Sunday morning), and although the music wasn't always great, the best sets where definitely worth the money.
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jul 25, 2005 18:25
Thanks for your review PrOfane! Nice to read about one of my favourite festivals since i wasn't able to get there this year..           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Party Promotions - Voov Experience 2005 ....
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Indoor - Indoor Party Outdoor - Outdoor Party Free Parking - Free Parking Free Water - Free Water Chill Area - ChillOut Area
Free Drink - Free Drink Free Entrance - Free Entrance VJ - VJ Deco - Deco

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance