Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - VOODOO THERAPY March 3rd, 2007 Cedar Rapids, IA
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VOODOO THERAPY March 3rd, 2007 Cedar Rapids, IA

acidity
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Mar 6, 2007 04:12
So I am back to my senses and back from my visit to Chicago to get my Europe visa (which I got ). Except the cops goofup, everything is fine. I can only be sorry for the two guys (I knew the fat guy and have actually some quality time smoking with him and he sounded really good). I hope everything is fine with them and they are out of trouble. Be safe and discreet from next time. 3-5AM is the prime time for cops to come up so if you can, save your stuff at that time and concentrate on the music. Once its 5AM and you are tired and you need nourishment (go back and do it).

Now the party, it was one of the most fun party I have attended in my life. Many friends of mine didnt come up coz they feel that our parties have been too dark earlier and they missed this one and man - what a party they missed!

Decoration: The decoration was wonderful. Abe, Chris, Nick, Rick and special mention to Vanessa and Justin for the Voodoo Doll. You rock! Took us 10 hours but it was well worth it. Lasers by Hardkornate was icing on the cake. Even I did decoration for the first time in my life and I happy about it. Hope to make it better next time.

Crowd: I thought there was enough crowd but later on we found out that we were about 40 people short to break even. I was little surprised by that. Probably people were more divided this time rather then being at the same place all the time. So distorted by calcualtion. It weened off by 2-3 and then only the hardcore 100-150 psy head remained and it was so much fun. Great to see new and not so new faces. Kudos to the new Minnesota crowd who came for their first party in Iowa. Hope you had a great time and looking forward to meet you again.

Music: One of the most non-dark psy party we have thrown. I think Wichdokta left an impression on every Dj coz I felt his music vibes in all of them.

Toki started off nicely with his grrovy progressive track. I think he is one of the best man for starting and ending a party. Just perfect.

Then Geal came off and started off with his usual groovy full power track. Got me into the mood.

Then came my boy Nick and his brother from another mother Nick. Killed it from the word go. It was too dark for my taste but everybody I talked to said it was just mind boggling and I take their word. Hope to get into dark stuff soon so that their music highten my orgasm even more.

Then came KT. It was a mixed bag. I didnt like her first half as it was going up and down. No proper flow but I think she was having problem with the mixer but then once she settled in, it was so much fun. Groovy melodious tracks which the doctor suggested for the night. Got me back to the groove. Really liked the second half.

She gave way to one of another rising stars of Iowa. Abraham. Man isn't he improving. Great track selection, nice flow, nice mixing. Way to go my brother. Looking forward to another of those set. You must be really lucky playing between two WOMAN DJs.

After that came one of the two attractions of our party. Lauryn. Nice set with lot of funky and groovy tones. Liked it. Maybe could have been more hard considering Abraham played a little harder and Random was supposed to come after that. But I enjoyed it nevertheless.

And the main man - RANDOM. Man is he good. Now I know why he is one of the top producers and djs of North America. It was so good that even Scott a.k.a Kaiser Soze was dancing to his sets. Yes, that was the first time I saw him dancing. The whole set was a story with tracks after tracks taking you to different dimensions of thought. It was like you are one with the entire cosmos while dancing away to his music. But I have one bitch and it has been a bitching factor for me everytime. Right in the middle of his when he was at his peak, I saw half of the dance floor empty. There were only we (Mindoutpsyde crew and some people from Detroit and Minnepolis on the floor). Rest of you, where were you? We spend so much time and put so much effort in bringing Djs like Random and you leave the dance floor half way through his set. Think about it - are you doing justice to a Dj like Random? Reminds me of India where whatever the time might be, we always used to be like 50 people on the floor for any DJ (whether big or small). Even if you dont dance your nuts out, be there, show the support. You dont need to jiggle your booty hardcore style but you can do some kind of light dancing (or even yoga).

After that Chris took off from where Random left off. Powerful morning/twilight stuff. The Kali track was kick ass. Hard and powerful. How can you not dance on that music?

Heard Geal playing in the morning for the first time and I was definitely impressed. Similar stuff like Chris but less powerful and that is what was exactly required for the tired legs. Fun dancing to your tunes. Looking forward to see you again.

All in all a great fun party. Thank you to all who came down and support our endeavor. Thanks to all the Djs who come to a small place like Iowa to support the scene but I am sure you had fun.

PS: To motivate all you lazy asses to be on the floor till the morning, I am gonna get two big bags of Hersheys Chocolate to our next party so whoever stays long, gets a (or more) chocolate from me.

PSS: Maybe I was too spaced out or I was having too much fun or I was too happy in general, I was in too much of talkative and super huggy mood. I must have hugged 60 people in the morning (50% of whom I dont even know) so if I disturbed anybody from my talk or if anybody got offended by my hugging mania - I am sorry           Discover.Vote.Share() - http://www.beamto.us
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - VOODOO THERAPY March 3rd, 2007 Cedar Rapids, IA
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance