Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Voice Of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Voice Of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records 2005) CD

john_c
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  47
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 00:09
btw, Aje, u r insane. Its called music. wtf is up with the dissertation you wrote analyzing why you don't like it. you need to relax dude and start enjoying music.
aje
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  99
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 10:22
What, should I have just written "THIS SUCKS !!!" without giving any reasons? And I do enjoy a lot of music, just not this music.

Anyways, you are insane, because I make a lot more money than you!!! Ha, there you have it, I showed you whos tha real man
          Check out my album: http://www.ektoplazm.com/free-music/gay-satanic-hippie-tiefenrausch
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 20:00
Great album, but what's up with the cover art? I mean talk about bad... The cd didn't sell well at all at my local psy-shop store, most probably because of that cover. Anyway keep up with ze great tunes, the "It's Just a Ride" , and "Bubbles of Nothing" tracks are excellent!           Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
moni

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Dec 7, 2005 20:44
Quote:

On 2005-12-07 20:00, Demezriel wrote:
Great album, but what's up with the cover art? I mean talk about bad...

try some "sense of humour"!
it's a very good cover.
cute and original, and even if it seems simple and "easy to draw", it is still very well done and expresses an idea, in a simple way.
take it as a metaphor!
it's a matter of perception.
i like this cover. it has Voice Of Cod written all over it.
ND
ProSect

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Dec 23, 2005 21:40
Voice Of Cod - We Are Free
Organic Records, 2005

Review Intro: Here comes my journey into the loony world of the Cod. I expect something new for a change and I'm almoust sure that those talanted artists will give me a proper fresh psychedelic music. So let's put this CD on and see how far they went...

01. Bubbles Of Nothing

We're starting with a funky intro that reminds me a bit the old arcade game music. The groove and the feel is very funky, a lot of soundscapes and distorted sharpen leads. In between the complexity you can find some futuristic melodies, I would place that song in one of the Japanese mangas.

8/10

02. The Unknowns

Probably there are a lot of things we know and we don't know, but I will not look for the answer here, otherwise I will get lost in that trip. We got here more massive bass and a thrilling leads. Lovely acoustic drum breakout in the middle then we back to the mayhem. Very noticable old school goa elements.

9/10

03. The Art Of Funk Shui

Some monkeys are trying to sound funky? I think they kinda managed to do this. That's getting more weird, I'm trying to concetrate on the groove, but my attention disordered by the twisted sounds. A relief comes on the 4th minute, where the lead tries to speak with you, magical feeling. The track probably recorded at some space zoo.

8/10

04. Go Downtown

A lot of talkings and different psychedelic sounds in the first 3 minutes. Ok, I'm heading towards my urban adventures. Through the whole track I felt like I've lost my way, acidic sounds fused my brain, but I've managed to get out. Very trippy piece.

7/10

05. Misinfotainment

This track got some more old school art on this album. Very interesting panned percussion. I really enjoyed the synth sounds, magnetic! The vocals in the backround treated very well. On the second part the phased melody finds it way amoung the metallic madness.

8/10

06. Bakelite Satellite

This would be my favourite one from the album. Very solid groove and percussion. The guitar alike synth does a wonderfull job and of course the acid aquare line which comes afterwards. The effects applied on the synth lines are brilliant! The break part in the middle took me to a different world but then threw you back. Amazing TB sounds by the end.

9.5/10

07. Slysis Me

Atmospheric journey with a wide space feel, a lot of echoes in that one. Futuristic melody takes you on a ride, while the track keeps on changing. A bit weak feel here, I feel like I need more energy in that one.

7/10

08. It's Just A Ride (Zuloop Rmx)

We back to the massive grooves again. Very epic one, while the the melodies melodical parts and the pads makes you relaxed, the drums and the effects parts keep on twisting all around.

8/10

09. Heart Of Gold

Uplifting track, flawless cartoon psychedelia. All we had from the previous tracks is here as well - the acid lines, the pads and the multiple layers of everything.

7.5/10

Review Outro: Endless sound layers, mystic pads and funky melodies - that's a pure tripping for the complicated trancer. I really enjoyed this cd because of its concept, old school feel and the funkness. Also I will not call it Full-On, it's more about Psychedelic Trance as it should be. What I really missed here is a higlighted element in each track, sometimes it's too messed for me and I seek for something to follow. The sound reminds of Rinkadink and Triptych with more goa elements and bizarreness. For sure an album that shouldn't be missed.

Cover Art: 8/10

Sound: 9/10

Album Concept: 9/10

Overall Rating: 8.5/10

ND
www.prosectorium.com          Without Deviation, Progress Is Not Possible.

www.andivision.com
Sound Field / ProSect / Sonify / Radio Mess
thail
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Dec 24, 2005 11:46
I think the artwork of the cover is amazing :) Something truly different. Im suprised how people aren't bored of those fractals and all that abstract shit!
Invizible Kid

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 24, 2005 13:03
One other thing possibly worth mentioning; the female vocal samples in Heart of Gold are not some kinky Hentai sex fiend, they're from The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy TV series. The Heart of Gold is a spaceship in that story from the legendary ol' Douglas Adams.

Where are the vocal samples in Go Downtown from? I really like that spaced out, dialogue driven intro. The atmosphere created is excellent.

Solid headfucker of an album anyway. A definite cut above.
Colin OOOD
OOOD/Voice of Cod

Started Topics :  95
Posted : Dec 27, 2005 17:09
Quote:

On 2005-12-24 13:03, Invizible Kid wrote:
Where are the vocal samples in Go Downtown from?

They were taken from a radio program I heard in the car when I was driving home from work one evening. Luckily the radio station lets you listen again to the program on the net so I could rewind it and find just the program I had been listening to before.

Speech radio rocks.           Mastering - http://mastering.OOOD.net :: www.is.gd/mastering
OOOD 5th album 'You Think You Are' - www.is.gd/tobuyoood :: www.OOOD.net
www.facebook.com/OOOD.music :: www.soundcloud.com/oood
Contact for bookings/mastering - colin@oood.net
Nobita
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Dec 28, 2005 01:18
Quote:

On 2005-12-07 20:44, moni wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-12-07 20:00, Demezriel wrote:
Great album, but what's up with the cover art? I mean talk about bad...

try some "sense of humour"!
it's a very good cover.
cute and original, and even if it seems simple and "easy to draw", it is still very well done and expresses an idea, in a simple way.
take it as a metaphor!
it's a matter of perception.
i like this cover. it has Voice Of Cod written all over it.

I can understand that, but the music sounds very polished, precise, and 'colourfull' and I find that the cover doesn't reflect that at all, as it evokes simplicity, minimalism even... but maybe that contrast was intended.           Row row row your boats gently down the stream; merrily merrily merrily merrily life is but a dream.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Voice Of Cod - We Are Free (Organic Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance