Started Topics :  5
Posted : Sep 8, 2006 17:53

Totally agree, VIP area is a disgrace XD

dont go to this events
DETOX
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  296
Posted : Sep 9, 2006 02:25
I have never been to Brasil and i dont know how VIP Areas work there but in Greece what we call VIP Area or mostly backstage area is a private room usually behind the dj booth where the artists can relax before going on stage and where the organisers and maybe couple of friends enjoy some drinks and have some chats and discussions without the loud noise from the soundsystem.Also thats the place where usually the organisers leave their stuff like dj bags,live equipment,their clothes and stuff like that.You dont pay in order to enter there since like i already mentioned its a private area and only people who got the ok or a special card by the organisers can go in.

I dont know how things work in Brasil,anyone can provide any info?           Toodaloo Motherfuckers!!!!!
Hg
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  73
Posted : Sep 9, 2006 02:34
Quote:

On 2006-08-25 05:27, IT wrote:
I mean, the concept of back-stage is completely understandable.

parakalo' mike nice to have you around, just wanted to clarify that what is going on in brazili in most cases has nothing to do with what you described, which is completely understandable imo. I´m sure someone will be kind enough to describe in good english what is this evil area called VIP area in brazil... am in a big hurry now so peace out ghia' sas

cna't find it
Spocko

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 9, 2006 15:32
Well... I'll try it... when a party is announced and there is a VIP area in it, it means that there is 2 ticket prices: The ordinary one, that gives you access to the dancefloor, and the VIP one, the gives you access to a distinct area, separated from the dancefloor, for a higher price... in most cases the people who pays for the VIP area have free drinks (Most of the times low quality drinks lol), and in SOME cases also have an "alternative" dancefloor with different DJ's and styles like electro, downbeat, reggae...

Well... I tried =P

So, the bad point of view we have about the VIP area is because it makes some people go to the parties just to load their asses with alcohol and screw with the chicks and... and of course, no "U" on our PLUR if there is a SEPARATED area...

In my opinion, 4 thumbs up (!) to the backstage, because the artists are working, so they deserve it... =D
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posted : Sep 9, 2006 21:10
Quote:

On 2006-08-23 00:52, full_on wrote:
SpArTaCuS, I really don't get your point...

Which VIP Area is OK? What is the good side of VIP Area? Please enlight me, because to me it seems like all VIP area are all the same capitalist bullshit.
Respect!

Well imagine you travel long way to a party to perform in one way or another, then it would be nice for you as an artist/dj/deco artist/whatever to have a place to chill at. This is what the VIP areas should be for.
_Vanessa_

Posted : Sep 12, 2006 00:49
I'm thinking of making a ego healing stall at parties. How would it work? Some people get really hurt with this staff, why that? What do you people actually go to parties for? That is strange...

Attacking people who are on the VIP area like this isn't really a good idea. There may be a thousand reason for that.
It does not make the other side of the party any worse, only if you make it worse.

chill out guys, lets remeber why you go to parties for, does it really make sense to react to this VIP concept like this?
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Sep 12, 2006 03:44
_Vanessa_, it makes 100% sense to react to VIP Areas like this.

What is a VIP area? It is a way that the party organizers use to collect more money and the cost is the freedom and whole concept of psychedelic party.

So, how it happens? Easy, the party organizer physically separates the dance floor in two parts: the "best" part is the VIP area, usually in front of the dance floor, where people who paid more can show off how much VIP they are. The other part of the dance floor is for the people who "could not afford being VIP".

The very existence of these "exclusion areas" or "wealthy people concentration fields" in our country is a BIG reason for us to be ASHAMED of how POP and commercialized the Brazilian psyscene is right now.

As you can read in the posts from users from other countries, they don't even know what VIP Area is... It only exists in countries like ours, and people here are so used to segregate other people that the VIP Areas are full of people and we can actually find people defending it...
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
_Vanessa_

Posted : Sep 12, 2006 15:33
Fullon I'm not defending the VIP area, I don't even have a full lengh of how it works in every party. I have been to only two clubs on the week days that has VIP area, and I wans't on the VIP side and I had a lot of fun anyway. The VIP area wasn't on the stage dance floor, it was on the galleries, the most comfortable part of the club. It kicked my head a bit when I wanted get in to sit, and take some air, but I had to pay 80 reais to do it. Then I realised, maybe they do this because woman doesnt pay till 01am, when it is 01am the house is already full... Where in other countries do they do that? And where in another country the trance scene is so so big that a little club that isn't even promoted get packed with a thousand people on a tuesday night. How can the people who work hard every other night have some peace to work properly and have some peace at the same time. It is all about thinking a bit, I may be wrong... The only outdoor party I have been there wasn't any VIP area, if you are talking about indoor clubs I can understand why there is. I guess for festivals there is one like in any other country.

Anyway, I'm gonna be with my massage stall and healing at universo paralelo festival at the side of the povão, because I have to be watched.
Spocko

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Sep 12, 2006 17:42
Nah... we're not talking about clubs... we're talking about psychedelic parties with VIP areas...
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Sep 12, 2006 19:55
Clubs? I don't even take their existence in consideration when I'm talking about real psychedelic experiences.

I'm talking about huge open air "parties" with usually more than 2.000 people.

Anyways, good luck @ Universo Parallelo with your massage stall, I'm sure you'll save some lifes there.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Doi
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Sep 12, 2006 20:15
Here in Brazil, VIP area = monetary apartheid...

i complete agree with real VIP area to artists...only for big events...otherwise, use chillout...           .:: E S C A P E ::.
...FeEd YoUr HeAd....
)>)>)> d(-_-)b <(<(<(
_Vanessa_

Posted : Sep 12, 2006 22:19
someone edited my post or what LOL
_Vanessa_

Posted : Sep 12, 2006 22:22
[quote]

side of the povão, because I have to be watched.

[/quote]

that is a real lol, I wanted to sound funny somehow but not this much lol

the side of the povão because I hate being watched ... hahaha

Ah I didn't know that there is this VIP area in festivals too, and I don't really care anymore, I have lost enthusiams with trance parties some time ago. And it is a lot to learn out of this circle. For those who is not enjoy themselves anymore at parties because of this and because of that, they should know that there is a light out there, there is a life out there...

I was not serious about the stall aswell, but thanks fullon for the good wishes

blahr
ehagostinho

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Sep 13, 2006 02:35
lol

"Side of the povão because I have to be watched"

hahahahahaha anyway, on the povão sides is where the real energy is, where the nice ppl are, where the sun burns a little more, so, in the end, I guess it's the place to be!

lol Nice going Vane!
Bong Land

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 13, 2006 23:11
this is guilt of the producers. only!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Brazil - ~VIP Area Is a Disgrace
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance