Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dali - Hectic (HomMega)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Dali - Hectic (HomMega)

psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 09:29
from http://tinyurl.com/lpc3h

Shit cover, shit album. But you knew that already. Dali may be the only person since Alien Project to stick their arse on the cover of one of their CD’s but she still looks like a duck. And yes I made that bit up about Alien Project’s arse. The assembled masses of People With Taste (that’s you lot) would probably sooner be confronted with the back end of Ari Linker than listen to this anyway.

Hectic is probably the best argument in favour of illegal file-sharing networks I have ever come across. It is your duty to steal this, and it is my duty to incite you to steal it.

The music is largely very substandard isra-eurotrance fodder, with the additional cancerous bonus of Dali’s singing. Her voice isn’t bad: Follow The Signs is tight in a Morcheeba sort of way, even if the melody is more or less nicked off Seal’s Crazy. Other tracks on the album see her habitually singing beyond her range, and not making a great deal of sense as she does so. Her three singing voices are one that sounds a bit like Kate Bush, one that sounds a bit like Beth Gibbons, and one that sounds a bit like Michele Adamson.

Keeping all this in mind, how about some background. Quoted in last month’s Mushroom Magazine, in the bit about women in trance, Dali patronises “Girls want security, something that they can continue with for the rest of their lives, where they can have a baby with a relaxed mind,” thus negating decades of women’s liberation and dispelling the myth that this is a scene that empowers strong, independent women.

In this illuminating interview ( http://tinyurl.com/pvvpu ) from a couple of months ago, she comes across as a bimbo: she wants to be a professional surfer, her role model is Madonna and her advice to other women in the scene is “Don’t think too much, just do it.” Lyrically she lapses into weak cliché (“I need someone to hold me tight”) and seems to like fitting into this mode of a wide-eyed industry chick, rabbit in the headlights style: “who am I and where are you, please tell me what to do.”

With little lyrical substance, you might hope that strong music might give this album vital life support. Of course, it doesn’t. For the most part, Dali’s music is exquisitely shit, although it really reaches its faecal zenith in the tracks with Silent Hill, who are the real villains here. There are grotesque guitars, over-the-top high end pads and arpeggios a six-year-old might write. I’m not even going to analyse this one track by track: it’s pointless.

Hectic is more than an album. It’s a signpost of where we are and where we’re going. We have reached the point where a woman of average attractiveness, who sings below-average lyrics in a below-average manner, can sit at a mixing desk and produce something as tackily disposable as this; and it gets picked up and hyped to death by the biggest label on the planet. The real travesty in all this is how much it will sell.

Utterly dreadful as an album, utterly fascinating as a cultural phenomenon.

No score (which is different from zero).

1. Follow the signs
2. Feel my body
3. Into madness
4. My way
5. Hectic
6. Smack snack
7. Connect to the source
8. Tripop
9. Dont you see
10. Get your emotion

------

http://www.psyreviews.com

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 09:46
Brilliant review. Spot on.           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
rumble pack / motion drive
Rumble Pack

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 09:54
well...the times of "innovate dont imitade" are gone for shure...

lot of isra ppl will say.."u r not open minded enough"...yeah yeah

killlaaaaaagrrhrhrhhr review
          www.myspace.com/motiondrive
http://www.myspace.com/rumblepacknaturalflowmotiondrive
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 10:31
Hommega used to be one of my favorite labels, shame that they released such music.

I wonder how many track from this album she really did by herself, totaly alone.

Brilliant review for sure.
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 10:36
Music for kids and arism. That market is bigger, isn't it??
hommega is a good label. One fall is not the end of their reputation.
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Master Main

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 12:22
1. Follow the signs
2. Feel my body
3. Into madness
4. My way
5. Hectic
6. Smack snack
7. Connect to the source
8. Tripop
9. Dont you see
10. Get your emotion

i like only 2 tracks...
7. with guy salama nice vocals...
and 10.with silent hill i dont hear there dali and thats why this track is good

i dont like dali music she wanna be astrix
but she didnt know she cant be!!

B00M!
Si B
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 13:31
SPOT ON REVIEW AS USUAL...

Quote:

On 2006-06-01 10:36, Nathan wrote:
Music for kids and arism. That market is bigger, isn't it??
hommega is a good label. One fall is not the end of their reputation.

one fall? i have not liked anything from them since track 5 off Disc1 on Converting Veg... commercial, unsurprising kiddy pill music.
Scoop

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 13:59
Didn't expect something better from her,
my one and only favoried track is Get Your Emotion with silent hill.

Good Review
dtmoney
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 14:44
Quote:

lot of isra ppl will say.."u r not open minded enough"...yeah yeah

YOU HIT THAT SHIT ON THE NAIL!!!

I don't know why many isra people say that when most of the isra artists release shit that's either to poppy or sounds the same as the previous isra psy artist.

If being open minded is being open to music like this album, then I would rather be closed minded, hehe.
benny
Basic

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 15:19
Quote:

On 2006-06-01 10:31, Sound Surgeon wrote:
Hommega used to be one of my favorite labels, shame that they released such music.

I wonder how many track from this album she really did by herself, totaly alone.

Brilliant review for sure.

look guys really its just music u can like or not but she is a artist and she alone make the music u dont have 2 like it ok but a little recpect for the person .

dont forget it only music.

When the sun comes down little pepole cast a big shadow
Timetwister

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 15:19
this is an utter disgrace. Listening to this junk, I almost feel ashamed to say my passion lies with psy music. Dali, go run a household, go to school, join the army, whatever. As long as you stay far away from any equipment with which you can produce!
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:11
Yep, it makes you feel ashamed that this is released in the same scene where we have good full-on albums like the Commercial Hippies one. Dali made some utter garbage here. Avoid like the plague.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:25
This needed to be said.
NikC
BeatNik

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:36

Spot on!           www.myspace.com/beat_nik
Si B
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Jun 1, 2006 16:58
Quote:

On 2006-06-01 15:19, Timetwister wrote:
this is an utter disgrace. Listening to this junk, I almost feel ashamed to say my passion lies with psy music. Dali, go run a household, go to school, join the army, whatever. As long as you stay far away from any equipment with which you can produce!

maybe a bit harsh....

she can write as much music as she wants as long as she doesn't try and sell it to me or play it at parties i go to.

it belongs in the ministry of sound, not on the 'israeli psychedelic trance experience' or anywhere else that claims to be psychedelic or even just not shallow.

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Dali - Hectic (HomMega)

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance