03. 09’24” André Absolut – Elevent 1
04. 07’12” Qualia - Feedback
05. 09’06” Vision & Canedy - Insane
06. 08’25” V-Tunes - Girl
07. 07’48” Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler – What Can I Say
08. 06’23” Feuerhake & Okay – Move The Signal
09. 09’36” Homer & Lazon – To The Unknown

Review:

A funky, groove-ridden cross-over bonanza… Can you dig it?

VP Records is a new label on the scene – adopted by the Domo label group… VP is short for Very Progressive and that is an aptly named label if I ever saw one… I mean, just take a look at the tracklist! And as the cover clearly states, this debut release is compiled by none other than DJ Zombi – the progressive top dog of Israel… Yeah, this should be interesting – let’s find out!

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: Igal M. – Fall In Green
Mr. Igal Magitman is from Israel and this is his first ever released track… But don’t let that throw you off – this is high quality progressive trance… Semi-fast, pumping, driving and knee-deep! I dig the mixture of edgy progressive trance, house and the more melodic and electronic influences… There are distinct Balearic-epic qualities here… Nice track!

#02: D-Sens – What You Want
D-Sens is Matthieu Delepau from the French Sub Machine crew… He’s a member of Luna Spice and Cosmosquad - and D-Sens is his solo project… The intro is very cool here… Some Asian chick is repeating an undecipherable word – bouncing back and forth between the left and right channel of your speakers… Ah, I love trickery like that… The percussion is in focus here, but we’re also treated to some synth action… Somehow this is just a little too anonymous and housey I think… I could’ve wished for more edge here… It’s nice, but nothing more…

#03: André Absolut – Elevent 1
André Absolut from Switzerland is well-known and respected progressive/tech house producer and DJ… He’s released two 12”s and several remixes within the last few years… This is my first encounter with his music, so I can’t tell whether this is his usual style… Anyway, this here is a pretty gloomy/dark tune… Sharp, metallic beats and stiff kicks – with plenty of aggressive hisses thrown in just to freak you out… My kind of music! Deep, dark, monotonous tech house… Brilliant!

#04: Qualia – Feedback
Qualia are Alan Rapoza & Maja Gabar from Slovenia. This duo has had a few tracks and a 12” released already – and you might already know the track ‘Plasma’ or the ‘Freshwater Rmx’ of the same tune… This is new however – a fast, uplifting, extremely danceable tune… Again the epic-like qualities are obvious and I’m certain this will be popular on the progressive dance floors… I have to restrain myself from bopping my head and wiggling my ass when listening to the best pads in this track… And that’s about the best damn recommendation I can give a track! Nicey nice!

#05: Vision & Canedy – Insane
Marc Wollenschein & Marco Mellmann aka. Vision & Canedy should be a familiar duo to most fans of progressive trance… They released their excellent debut album Another Life on Hadshot Haheizar in 2004 as well as two 12”s on Avalanche Records and Plusquam Records + several tracks on compilations… Anyway, this strays a little from the usual V&C path… Just a little though… Though still tribal, this also has melodies and subtle female voice samples… All creating another track of epic, Balearic decent… Nice track, but I have to admit I expected more from these guys…

#06: V-Tunes – Girl
V-Tunes are Sandro Kulka & Hans Muster from Switzerland… They had a track on the successful compilation The Swiss Connection put out by Domo Records in 2004 and a track on the Groove Zone Records compilation Back To The Future released in 2005… As on BTTF this track is on the trancier side of progressive house and has more edge than some of the previous tracks… I like edge – especially a subtle psy-trance edge as here… It’s just small hints, but it works… I dig this girl!

#07: Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler – What Can I Say
This track was already released as a Domo Records 12” last year – and gained support from big shot DJs as James Monro, etc… This is the first time on CD though – and this is a slightly different version… Sweat Attack is Gero Bode from Germany – and he also compiled this CD… Klangstrahler is Okay Candan also from Germany, and it’s been a long time since the last time I heard new stuff from him… But it was definitely worth the wait! I’m very, very impressed by this track… After the initial build-up it soon develops into a phat, phunky and sexylicious guitar-choon… From 4’20 and onwards it’s pure groove-a-delic overdrive… Sweet!

#08: Feuerhake & Okay – Move The Signal
Stefan Feuerhake has been in the game for years, releasing stuff primarily on Free Form… But this is his first release in 2½ years! Welcome back Stefan! Okay is Mr. Candan again… I think he’s a guitar-buff ‘cause we get more guitars here – mixed into a fair dose of progressive morning trance with housey elements… Nice drive in this track… Scores high on the funky groove-meter… Steamy hot!

#09: Homer & Lazon – To The Unknown
Omar Chelly & Jason Orfanidis from Sweden are better known under their psytrance moniker Tegma… They released their debut album Encoded / Decoded on Digital Structures in 2002… And when they produce music under the Homer & Lazon alias they cannot hide their trancy heritage… This is the hardest track here without any doubt – and also the one with the most psytrance elements… Floating rich melodic pads mated with complex percussion-driven progressive soundscapes… A massive track – indeed a worthy ending to this compilation…

This is one solid collection of tunes – will work wonders both at home, on the beach and on the dancefloor… Hats off to Zombi! I like it – I like it a lot… And I’m looking forward to future releases bearing your stamp of quality music… I’m not too impressed with the cover though – it’s a bit… I dunno… Tacky perhaps!? Nice girl and all, but the cover takes some getting used too… But hey, the cover is not what’s important…

An important aspect of VP Record’s philosophy is trying not to label the music they release… It’s all just good music breaking boundaries… As such the cross-over potential is huge and this omnium gatherum will appeal to a large crowd I’m sure… This is already the second great progressive trance compilation of 2005 – and hopefully we’ll see loads more… I’ve got high hopes for the future of this kind of music… Recommended for any fan of groovy, funky electronic music! Enjoy!

Favourites: 3, 4(!), 6, 7(!), 8, 9

DeathPosture

External links:
Sigomus: http://www.sigomus.com
Psyshop: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/vpr/vpr1cd001.html
Saiko Sounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=4588
Chaos Unlimited: http://www.chaosunlimited.co.uk/cgi-bin/product.asp?LR=VIPICD01
Trance Shop: http://www.trance-shop.com/de/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=4411           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Jan 20, 2005 21:30
thanks for the review martin but i have to make one correction before Im crucified

regarding sweat attack VS klangstrahler:

Sweat attack is a collaboration between gero bode and okay candan, klangstrahler is gero bode alone while klangstrahler project was build of gero and okay in the past..

Gero is our mastering guy also, as of our second release onwards and naturally did wonders on this one too.

About the cover: we have already got extremely good and extremely bad reviews about the cover artwork, and this was our aim to start with. To make the cover an undivided part of the CDs journey being fresh and different then the average thus being more interesting to pick regardless to the music.
The name:"Inspirazzia" is built from inspiration and razzia which is the german word for raid (like police raid E.g), therefore a raid of inspiration if you like.

Enjoy
          DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jan 20, 2005 22:22
Thanx for kind words m8, glad your liked it !

Quote:

On 2005-01-20 19:10, DeathPosture wrote:
[
Sweat Attack is Gero Bode from Germany – and he also compiled this CD…

i think u confuse here, Zombi compiled and Gero mastered;)

jalla enjoy it !!

P.S. - as i was compiling CD i puted few tunes without dancefloor orientation, as D-Sens and Vision and Canedy trax which is nice as music not as dance music, its so intime and warm, almost lounge atmosphere..

Believe your soul !
H2O
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  16
Posted : Jan 21, 2005 01:50
Finnaly, i would like to have a copy. Artists names speak for themself.
Good Luck, Igal, Zombi and Domo. this direction is much cooler that older one.
Zombi, where can i get in Haifa?
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Jan 21, 2005 02:06
Ooops yeah, of course it was Zombi who compiled it and Gero who mastered it... Do'h! And sorry about the other mix-up too... I was in a rush writing this as my schedule is extremely packed right now before my upcoming travels... But I hope the rest of the review speaks for itself... This is a solid release... Check it out!

DeathPosture           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
Davor/Shuma
SHUMA

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Jan 25, 2005 23:31
Quote:

On 2005-01-20 22:22, Zombi wrote:
P.S. - as i was compiling CD i puted few tunes without dancefloor orientation, as D-Sens and Vision and Canedy trax which is nice as music not as dance music, its so intime and warm, almost lounge atmosphere..

mr. zombi d-sens and V&C are dancefloor oriented for sure
Taku
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Jan 26, 2005 03:41
Thanx for this, I really dig the 1st track by Igal M, and track 3, the Andre Absolut track... these two are the bombs for me...

Great job and good luck to Mr. Zombi for putting this compilation together, im sure we will be hearing great things from VP records in the future !!! bye for now           New Aqua Site
www.aqua-recordings.com
an qualia

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Jan 26, 2005 17:27
Quote: "...and you might already know the track ‘Plasma’ or the ‘Freshwater Rmx’ of the same tune… "

-well, there is apparently a mistake with this, since the guys who did those tracks are apparently other qualia (when we chose our name, we simply didn't knew if there is another qualia out there, since qualia is popular philosophical term and can be found in many context)

...otherwise, tanx for a nice review of the track and the compilation in whole & eli/zomby: way to go bro!!!

...all the luck guys!
shahar
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  155
Posted : Jan 27, 2005 18:04
Nice debut from Mr. Zombi.
Quite refreshing. Very together yet very diverse. Even though I don't dig it all it's nice to hear a trance CD that does not have 10 tracks sound totally the same, but 10 tracks sounding totally different.

Tracks that did it to me: Igal M. is nice (though why someone who's surname is Magitman- the perfect name for a project like that- calls his project Igal M. is a wonder to me...), Andre Absolut is a lesson in psychedelic hypnotica- best here for me, Vision & Canedy is also sweet, Sweet Attack & Klangbrbrrr is totally funky rocky and totally not trancey tune, Homer & Lazon makes you cry.

Nice one, original and fresh.
          ---------------------------------------------
"Be the change you want to see in the world!"
M.K. Gandhi

"There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that's your own self."
Aldous Huxley

sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 29, 2005 15:14
so this cd arrived yesterday.. Im still on the first listen..

I really dig all of this.. Its a slooooow cd, no ´cross over psygressive´, housy and groovy stuff...

I still need to listen a bit more, but I really dig most of the tracks.. There were 3 tracks that I didnt enjoy so much though..

I didnt like so much the qualia track.. Too fast and.. I dont know.. a bit too much for me.. I also didnt really enjoy the 2 guitar tracks (7 and 8)...
I still am on the first listen, so probably I will notice different things and digest these tracks a bit more, but for now:

one of the best prog compilations lately, together with prooved vol 2 and playground (a bit faster and darker, but I digged it too)...

favourites (until now): 1,2,3,5,6 and 9

The cover, I liked a bit more than what I saw on the internet.. I digged the ´case slip´, and felt it was somehow ok the colourfull interior of the cover.. I still didnt like so much the front cover, but its not bad..

btw.. the people who zombi thanks on the cover are the people to watch out for... good artists there.. the cream hehe

life is progressive =)

(ps: Ill write something again after listening a few more times )
sherlockalien
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 31, 2005 14:51
after a few more listens, I continue more or less the same....

I really dig this cd, totally worthy and recommended for prog lovers

although I still dont like the Qualia track (too ´fast´ and a bit too noisy), and the guitar tracks (specially a few parts, like the vocals on track 7... track 8 seems like ´wannabe´ something.. I dont like it)

anyway, appart from these tracks, the other kick ass big time.. Groovy, slow, deep stuff..
igal m, nice housy effects..
D-sens track is huge..
absolut is surprisingly dark and very good
vision and canedy, powerful prog!
v tunes, sexy track..
and homer and lazon, very nice too
Igal Magitman
Elec3
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Jan 31, 2005 20:38
Its a great compilation!!!
good luck to all the ppl that was involved in that.

and specialy Zobmi!!!           http://www.myspace.com/briskerandmagitman
pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Jan 31, 2005 22:23
Just recieved it, and so far it's pretty good. One quick note though:

Why oh why didn't you write the BPM on the otherwise nice case-inlay?           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Jan 31, 2005 22:57
[quote]
On 2005-01-31 22:23, pr0fane wrote:

Why oh why didn't you write the BPM on the otherwise nice case-inlay?

[/quot]

what for ? realy ? for djs its not importent i hope and for listening BPM its likeage - just number;) but its all around 130..

waiting for your impressions !
          Believe your soul !
Elad.A

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Feb 1, 2005 22:30
the Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler – What Can I Say
is totaly wicked track the guitars r so funky.
groove tune defiantly!

keep it up VP rec.           :-D
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Inspirazzia (VP Records 2005) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance