pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 20:46
Quote:

On 2005-01-31 22:57, Zombi wrote:
Quote:

On 2005-01-31 22:23, pr0fane wrote:

Why oh why didn't you write the BPM on the otherwise nice case-inlay?

what for ? realy ? for djs its not importent i hope and for listening BPM its likeage - just number;) but its all around 130..

waiting for your impressions !

For some wannabe DJ’s (me - I always print out tracklists including BPM for my cd-case) it’s quite important – and since you made a case-inlay anyways, I think you could have written the BPM on while you where at it

Anyways, this release is MASSIVE – great work! Igal M is pure bliss, D.Sens is typical deep and groovy Antix-like stuff, and the Vision & Canedy tune was also a very uplifting melodic masterpiece. I haven’t really had a chance to fully digest the compilation though, so these are my initial highlights – but all of the tracks sounded good at both first and second listen.

Also thumbs up for the poster I received together with my order at Trance-Shop
          DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
krelm
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Feb 4, 2005 01:00
Artist: Various
Album: Inspirazzia
Label: VP Records
Genre: Progressive Trance
Year: Jan. 2005

Tracklisting:

01. Igal M. – Fall in Green
02. D-Sens – What You Want
03. Andre Absolut – Elevent 1
04. Qualia - Feedback
05. Vision & Canedy – Insane
06. V-Tunes – Girl
07. Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler – What Can I Say
08. Feuerhake & Okay – Move the Signal
09. Homer & Lazon – To the Unknown

VP Records is the new deep progressive & tribal branch of the German/Israeli Domo Label Group. Headed by Israeli progressive maestro DJ Zombi, VP promises to showcase the grooviest of tribal progressive in Zombi’s unique vision. The first compilation, Inspirazzia, puts together a remarkably impressive lineup of veterans, current hot names and future stars, with a sound crossing over from progressive trance to breakbeat to deep tribal tech-house and beyond. Everything from the cover to the music is a different concept than we usually see for CD compilations – sleek and sexy, with a touch of naughtiness.

The music:

Opening Inspirazzia is an utterly sublime emotional progressive piece from newcomer Igal M. (half of psytrance duo Elec3) titled “Fall in Green”. A more perfect introduction to this fine label couldn’t be imagined – a simple chugging percussion & bassline drive the track as atmospheres and effects are smoothly layered on, gradually giving way to a simple yet highly touching melody. The melody is slowly developed to create an elegant build to a barely-noticeable peak, before you are brought back down equally as softly. This is deep emotional progressive trance as good as it gets – it also happens to be my favorite on the CD, so it gets the most space on paper. 100% musical velvet.

The CD continues with a deep minimal grooving number by French artist D-Sens. Almost reminiscent of the minimal Plusquam style, “What You Want” goes much deeper with a slight housey flavor and the sneaky tease of a melody. It’s brilliantly understated yet it gets the message across. Current Swiss star André Absolut is next with the surprisingly dark “Elevent 1”. The lowest bassline I’ve heard in years blends with tribal percussion and creepy chords & FX to make one of the most standout pieces I’ve heard from him yet. Slovenian duo Qualia brings the CD back to peak time dancefloor energy with the bleepy and bass-driven “Feedback”. It’s not complex, deep or anything that any of the previous tracks have been – but it’s sure to get the dancers moving. Recent German successes Vision & Canedy follow with the 2nd big surprise of the CD – the melody-driven “Insane”. Taking a step back from the percussion-driven grooves that have made them famous, this duo turns in an astoundingly airy piece with a bit of an old-time German trance feel to it. If you liked “Sonntagmorgenheimfahrt” from their 2004 album on Hadshot, this one is for you. Pure class.

Swiss newcomer V-Tunes turns in another deeply minimalistic track for this compilation in the simply-named “Girl”. Nice development, but still not the most exciting track on the compilation. Two veterans from the old Freeform crew are responsible for a pair of funky numbers towards the CD’s close. First is Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler giving a bit of guitar-driven funk with “What Can I Say”. Heavy guitar and vocal samples are the defining feature here – if you know earlier Klangstrahler work, you know what to expect. It’s not my thing, but I can see this working the floor. Feuerhake & Okay step up the funk even more with their first (and hopefully not final) foray into the land of breakbeat. Being a breaks fiend, I’m probably a bit biased, but this is the best work to date from Feuerhake. Heavy mental funk with a wicked beat – this is the sort of groove that’s been missing in progressive. More please! Closing the CD is Swedish duo Homer & Lazon, better known for their psy-prog moniker Tegma. Deep tribal percussion and dissonant acid stabs drive the track as vocal samples and simple melodies are slowly added to the mix. As with Tegma material, it’s a mixture of the dark with the redeeming – only with a more house-flavored rhythmical framework. Very cool.

Overall:

Hot damn, this is good. We get both fantastic debuts from several artists and major surprises from respected veterans. At best (ie, most of the CD), it’s surprising, moving and playful. At its worst...it’s still highly enjoyable. Hats off to Zombi and Domo for a fantastic debut. I’m gonna love to see how you follow this one up.

Rating: 9/10

Favorite tracks: 1-5, 8, 9

-----------------
Dr. Krelm DJ Mixes and Broken Symmetry archives - http://www.krelmatrix.com

Broken Symmetry on MCast - coming in 2007....
Fu Hsi
Perfect Stranger

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 14:47
Very nice CD compiled by our own Zombi. All the tunes are very proggy and swim around the border of trance / house connection. Some tunes here are more for home listening and some others will do a good job on a proggy dancefloor.

My personal favorites are 2 - 5 and the super emotional number 9

Track 1 is very good, but my drawback comes from a little too plastic sound a-la full on - especially on the percussion, reverbs and high end

The groove sec of Klangstrahler track remind me Hardfloor remix for Mantra to the Buddha so much... But I don't find myself really connected to those guitars, would appreciate a TB lines more...

Real quality release overall

My 2 sents           http://perfectlystrange.com
Reshef-Quantize
Quantize

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 22:13
i got my copy yesterday,i didnt got the chance 2 "sit" on it yet but for sure this one sounds groovy&fluffy,and the tracks seems 2 picked with alot of atention by eli.
more words next..           http://www.myspace.com/reshefhook
http://www.myspace.com/sheff1
http://soundcloud.com/sheff23
http://www.myspace.com/quantize1
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sheff/203114821064?ref=ts
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  375
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 03:24
thanx all for nice words ! esspecialy krelm, i just like to agree with you.. keep the honest reviews coming ppl!           Believe your soul !
merivah

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 10, 2005 06:34
Such a great pleasure to listen to this cd. I think it helps filling the lack of releases wich we have in the boundaries of progressive trance/house. Hope Zombi and VP succeed in their efforts! The couple first tracks from igal and d-sens are amazing.
evgeny@aero-groove
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  166
Posted : Feb 15, 2005 11:42
well great stuff here mate , got me some time to get this one...anyway i'm not gonna expand to much most of the stuff had been said but to tell you the truth i got a bit dissapointed from the big artists here like andre and V&C good production quality sound but really mediocre trax...but got much more pleasently suprised by Qualia , Sweat Attack vs. Klangstrahler and my fav is Homer & Lazon – To the Unknown here really get's me going...anyway man good stuff

http://www.aero-groove.com
http://www.facebook.com/aerogroovemusic
http://twitter.com/aero_groove
tom anteater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  56
Posted : Feb 17, 2005 21:58
VP records is the new sublabel of Israels Domo records, run by upcoming DJ Zombi from Tel Aviv. Zombi is part of the growing progressive scene over there, and since the VP stands for Very Progressive, their aim with this venture is clear from the outset. And this is without a doubt an excellent debut by any standards. Compiled to exactly reflect a more progressive trance sound, the artists present, from Vision and Canedy to Feuerhake and Slovenias Qualia all deliver the percussive goods in style. The track of the compilation for me is the Igal M tune “fall in green”, Igal is an Israeli producer; it is very refreshing to hear music of this style coming from that direction! A very high quality release that deserves to do well and an exceptional first effort.

>>this review will appear in the spring 2005 edition of revolve magazine uk..

congratulations eli on a great release
i look forward to many more of this quality from you!           >>love will tear us apart...<<
yossi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 20:11
NICE compilation!!!

movin, shakin, scrollin, smoochin & pumpin
fav : 1(!), 4(!), 5, 8

waitin to hear the 12"

nicely done eli

if you want to be rich, u`ve got to be a bitch!
olivier
Side-A

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Feb 19, 2005 21:33
heard it quickly the other night at a friend's place, and damn, igal.M track rocks big time !!!!!
excellent deep and flowing tune !
the rest also seemed pretty cool though ,and i m going to order this cd asap !
this looks like a very good 1st strike from vp records, good luck !
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Feb 24, 2005 16:23
thanx again guys,

tom - nice u add review on revolve.. please fix the thing about that VP is now independence label, no Domo sub label anymore.

keep reviews coming, its a good time read them !           Believe your soul !
Top-down
Inactive User

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 15:03
The overall impression could easily be summed into one word - Quality. And don't let them confuse you quality is not subjective nor a matter of taste.

The music:

1.Igal M. - Fall in green

I guess this piece proudly represents the full on side of "Ispirazzia", being great kick start and sort of appetizer for something deeper and progressive.

2.D-sens - What you want

Here you partly get it - progressive. Still not as deep as promised, but progressive as hell. Complexed structure built with accuracy of Formula 1 driver taking that curve over again. Tracks of this kind tend to bore you to sickness and death couple of moments before the end, this certainly does.

3.Absolut - elevent I

Wow now that's deep. Atmospheric and emotional. The track easily established the right mood and rhythm to be in to get inspired from the coming soon. "Razzia" ?

4.Qualia - Feedback

Interesting soundscape on this one. Kinda lo-fi - retro - happy - tribal - teck - (house ?), drives you far towards the nowhere.

5.Vision and Canedy - Insane

Oh there it is - the grid! Very musical. The tune smoothly glides you thrue its breakdowns and buildups. Uplifting with speed of a floating bird on a hot airstrim.

6.V-Tunes - Girl

Awesome sound! The track is top dancefloor rocker.

7. Sweet attack vs. Klangstrahler - What can I say

That's about funk, electronic and good music in general.

8. Feuerhake & Okay - Move the signal

The tune is being hang somewhere between trance, breakbeat, electro and probably couple of genres I am not even familiar with, which makes it an interesting brain teaser.

9. Homer & Lazon - To the unknown

"What can I say" ? The track just has it all!

Favorites : 3, 5, 6, 7, 9

Most favorite : 9

The cover : Very ironic imo. Looks like late 90's eurotrance release. Well it sure is more pleasant to see a face model on the cover, than an ugly dj (Zombi, I am not talking about you here).

Bottom line : Top quality release, worth buying no matter what style or genre you are into!

moses
Moses / Loopiter / Bufo

Started Topics :  25
Posted : Mar 16, 2005 16:40
very nice compilation!
especially the V-Tunes track...
Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Mar 18, 2005 17:20
top notch compilation !!!

realy liked it!           visit us on myspace.com/yotopia
Zombi
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Mar 21, 2005 16:08
TopDownUpLeftRightDeepInside - u realy maked me laugh with your review !! 10x dood !!

and all the rest as well !

Believe your soul !
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Inspirazzia (VP Records 2005) CD
← Prev Page
1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance