Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - LSD / Acid VS. Magic Mushroom ::::: Goa VS. Psytrance

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

LSD / Acid VS. Magic Mushroom ::::: Goa VS. Psytrance

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 17:44
First of all, i would like to apologize to the ones that takes personal offence by my subject. Since it is containing drug related matters.
Truly sorry.

Heres my thoughts:

When i started to "like/love" psytrance in the year 2000, it was mainly because of Infected Mushroom. I had no friends that liked psychedelic trance in general (not 100% correct, but just about) And as I have mentioned before, the first time i listened to Infected .. That was also my first experience with psychedelic drugs. Ergo i ate Mexican Mushrooms. This was for me a "holy" experience. I "understood" what psytrance whas all about. I "understood" why psychedlic trance whas my number one music choice.

Before this experience i had heard a lot of Goa music. Destination Goa ect. But i didnt really like it (i love Goa now though). I preferd rock and trance (this was in the late 90's when rock and regular trance rocked my world. Like Marilyn Manson, Tool, Deftones Magik 1 and 2 and Forbidden Paradise)

So as I said, I was pretty much alone when it came to my new obesession with psytrance. And i began to make my own points of view's of the, for me, "new music". And as the years passed bye and my psy knowledge expanded.
I thought to my self that psytrance music like, Infected Mushroom, Talpa, The Misted Muppets ect is music that fits better with the effect of Magic mushrooms. While music like, Man With No Name, Doof, X-Dream ect. fits better with the effect of LSD.

Please dont insult me and call me stupid ect., these are my personal thoughts and NOT the correct answer at all.
I'm just wondering if there are any others that have simular thought about psydrugs + different kinds of psytrance?
Do you agree? dissagree? please, share your thoughts.

On a personal thought, when it comes to the difference between Goa and Psytrance. I say that its like Cognac:
- All Cognac is Brandy, but Cognac is not brandy.
- All Goa is psytrance, but Goa is not psytrance.

And once again, I'm sorry to draw conclutions between psy and drugs.

All i want is peace, love and unity

The Tree Tribe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 17:56
All in all, what are you trying to say?
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 21, 2004 17:59
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 17:56, Geshtunkenfucked wrote:
All in all, what are you trying to say?

oh.. hehe.

OK. that music like, Infected Mushroom, The Misted Muppets ect fits better with the drug effect of Mushrooms, while the music of MWNN, Doof, X-Dream ect. fits better with the drug effect of LSD

Infected = psytrance while MWNN = Goa ..
The Tree Tribe
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 18:02
This sounds like a personal opinion that you hold!!

It's not a rule, that Infected Mushroom is better with Mushrooms....

To Each His Own....

DrOiDsEcT rUlEd!

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 21, 2004 18:12
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 18:02, Geshtunkenfucked wrote:
This sounds like a personal opinion that you hold!!

It's not a rule, that Infected Mushroom is better with Mushrooms....

To Each His Own....

DrOiDsEcT rUlEd!

hehe, yhea. I mentioned that Geshtunkenfucked. Clearly I said that this is my personal opinion. So my "intention" was top see if i was the only one that had this thoughts. And i can explain:

MAgic Mushrooms. A more playful drug,childish in a way, a fairytale. Where you can sneek around your appartment with a smile and discover a whole world. hehe. (i love mushrooms.) So is the music of Infected, Talpa, The misted Muppets ect. Playfull, epic, and like a adventure from a fairytale. (heavier bass ect)

LSD. more a serius drug, more "grown up", and "smarter". ect ect.. There you have Goa music, witch is not as playful as the music genders i mentioned above. There we have X-Dream, Doof, MWNN ect Lighter music..

Of cource, as i mention earlier. This is just a thought i played with. (for many years ) And it is NOT the "truth". But for me it makes sense. But keep in mind.. This is the drug comperasing.

But thanks for butting a ? to what i write Geshtunkenfucked. Apriciate the feedback.

*peace*

Pointy

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 18:18
psytones wrote "fits better" not "is better".

Still it has of course a lot to do with personal feeling.

Nevertheless I think that the music represents much of the person producing it and music made by somebody who consumes e.g. mushrooms will have a different touch to it, than music produced by somebody using LSD (or coke or speed, or nothing). And probably the music that is produced with the vibe you are in yourself, will be the one most fitting.

My thoughts           "*´¨)
¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·` * Magic is believing in yourself, if you can do that, you can make anything happen. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe..·´¨` .¸¸.·´¨`»
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 21, 2004 18:21
You wrote what i thought of Pointy To bad i didnt write it as easy and understandeble as you.
deeplydisturbed
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 19:03
ur kinda got a point there buddy!
infact ive come to the following conclusion:
infected mushroom:magic mushroom
doof,azax syndrome,scorb:lsd
skazi,altom:mdma

thats my opinion.somehow these tend to go hand in hand if you know what i mean
eace:
Psilocibino
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 19:28
hello psytones

what a coincidence, because i never liked the old goa trance sonorite that much, but the first time i listen to it while on lsd, it all sounded completely diferent, magic, beautifull, the music was truelly "speaking" to me, every single note was in the right place, and i never had notice the music like that before! Since then, that kind of trance sounds a lot better to my hears, kind like "descodified"....

I think lsd and goa trance are very connected to each other!!

peace
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 20:00
X dream and lsd sounds sick
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 21, 2004 20:43
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 19:03, deeplydisturbed wrote:

skazi,altom:mdma

Thanks for your positive feed back buddy. I agree, Altom is beatiful with mdma.. But but but.. Please dont put skazi and altom by eatchother. Altom deserves better (though i like some of Skazis work as well) Altom's music is to peaceful. And Skazi's music is party party music that goes weell when you mix amphetamin with mdma in my opinion.

Altoms music fits with all drugs, hehe..
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 20:49
Have everybody forgot the enjoyable experince to gett high on the music alone?
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : Oct 21, 2004 21:02
no no no... of cource not HandA.. And thats why i said that this thread is drug related. Sorry to upset you. I just wanted to share my thougts about it.
And i dont understand why this such a tabu for some people .. remember that drugs are mainly the reason why we got psytrance in the first place. But thats a whole other thread to discuss.

*peace* my danish friend.
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Oct 21, 2004 21:12
Quote:

On 2004-10-21 20:20, NoKeyAah wrote:
alcohol goes with all

three cheers for alcohol!

Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - LSD / Acid VS. Magic Mushroom ::::: Goa VS. Psytrance

1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance