Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psybreaks?

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Psybreaks?

speek

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jul 11, 2003 03:47
can i have any recommendations please? im curious to hear more of this sound.
Basilisk
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  168
Posted : Jul 11, 2003 05:39
Is there anything new in this style? 21:3 briefly took centerstage in the UK music press with their fusion of trance, breaks, and psychedelic sounds as charted on their debut compilation 'All boundaries are illusion' (featuing acts like Eat Static, Digitalis (Seb Taylor/Shakta), Funk-o-Path (Andy Guthrie) and others)... somewhere around this time we were gifted with some fine innovative trance being released on T.I.P. (Snake Thing, Germinating Seeds of Doda, Orichalcum & The Deviant, Synchro) and naturally you can trace much of the musical evolution of this short-lived sub-style to the break-trance fusion parties of Holland... names like Metal Spark, Cwithe, DJ Indian (Cosmoon/Twisted Travellers), and the aforementioned GSOD were major players in this time period. Blue Room put out a psybreaks compilation with artwork that looks like a box of shoes, and had several of their acts cross over tot he broken styles (Acid Rockers, Deviant Electronics). Of course we cannot forget Matsuri - many of their mid to late period releases were heavily break-beat oriented (especially Joujouka, though they took a more DNB approach at times). A few stragglers come to mind... Symbiosis released a mainly breaky compilation called 'Iconoblast' as well as a great album from Sibilant (aka Metal Spark) just before they went under... and I happen to like a cheeky tune put out on Hadshot called 'Ram n Dam' by Dook Moyza, though I have -no- idea who these guys are or where they are from. Originators? I think I'd say Eat Static... their album 'Science of the Gods' is a fantastic fusion of dnb and trance... it paved the way.

Despite all this I've found there is no good system for picking out the gems... its a process of trial and error essentially. However with the benefit of experience I can list a few of my favourites:

Snake Thing - Scorch (which is THE track for this style)
Germinating Seeds of Doda - Upside Din
Prana - Kollage
Orichalcum - the Egg
Eat Static - Mandrake

Ah there's more but I've been long-winded enough. Someone out there surely has the big picture on what modern releases are delving into this style (if any?)... enjoy!
medir
Inactive User

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Jul 11, 2003 13:06
try

- psyburbia
- 3 point turn
- kiwa

...too

bomski           experiment !
make it your motto day and night.
experiment,
and it will lead you to the light.
the apple on the top of the tree
is never too high to achieve,
so take an example from eve...
experiment !
TiMMY
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : Jul 11, 2003 13:16
I don't know if that's what you're looking for, but you should try Exogenic Breaks:
http://www.exogenic.com/releases.htm
(it's right below the "regular" releases).

I found Accu - Accu very enjoyable.
KakoOlalaJwal
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jul 12, 2003 12:07

Hello bunch of freaks

Basilik wrote many interesting things and gave really cool examples (for the few I know)

I think one track can be added here and HIGHLY recommended.... It is a bit less... "Pure Psy" than what Basilik advised but a real floOr burner :
it is Droidlock's "Freezing Tubes"

As far as I know ONLY available on VA - South Africa 2000 (3CD) on the third CD which is the somehow Freestyle side of the comp.

BTW this third CD is just amazing.... the following track : Etnica's "ElektroDub" is so great too..

Cheers           .
"Get your dose of BoOgie !"

http://www.bunkum-records.com
http://www.myspace.com/zekakoo
vector_0
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Mar 10, 2004 23:21
I heard this term tossed around by some people, but i haven't heard much of it. it sounds really appealing, but i don't know where to start. any suggestions?
Panzer

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 00:14
The now unfortunately defunct Blueroom label were kinda promoting it some years ago...Spectral, Acid Rockers, Deviant Electronics...

great stuff
sAiNt X
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  10
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 02:40

Do you mean breaks like freestyle kind of stuff? If yes - Violet Vision are my suggestion...
Very cool beats , great atmosphere and allot
of amazing singing (Also by Noa Lamberski,
very talented singer)
hip
Shuma

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 15:26
I think the best start is with old label called 21:3. they were the true masters of breaktrance or psybreaks, whatever you want to call it.

REleased stuff like Digitalis, Tristan (yes, he had some unbeliavable break tracks back in the days), eat static and any more

What I really liked is that all those tracks were around 140, maybe 145 bpm so you could still mix it in other 4/4 beat tracks. Those tracks weren't 160-170 d'n'b with trance samples, but true psychedelic trance with breakbeats.

I really miss it.
Makes me wonder if trancers were really more openminded 4 or 5 yrs ago then now. I don't know.
jyxx
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 15:30
psyko disko - overdose !
imo the best psybreakish track everrr           last.fm/user/jyxx/
Alien Aerodrome

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 17:01
best psybreaks and psy drum'n'bass

Deviant Electronics - Blunt Instruments

this album is fantastic
buy it
Cyzum
Cyzum

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 17:56
Seems to me the genre sorta transformed into the nuskool breaks sound of Adam Freeland / Rennie Pilgrem.

I was always partial to Digitalis and some of the Matsuri breakbeat jonx.
Shanti Alien
Vectro Electro

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 20:09
what about metal spark?
they were like "WOW"
          http://www.myspace.com/vectroelectro
http://www.myspace.com/highmvectro - new techno project

http://psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sas/sas1cd003.html >>> also available on Beatport.com

Infinite Diversity in infinite combinations
duodenumz
IsraTrance Junior Member
Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 20:21
yeah, i don't think anyone surpassed 21:3. they have three compilation CDs, all worth buying. you could also try to find the really obscure, somewhat-related albums like Advanced Technologies Of Amsterdam and Sibilant - Proper Filth. beyond that, i'd get a few Psy-Harmonics compilations to hear the crazy side of things. maybe check out Eraser vs Yojalka Round 1 and the Exogenic compilation Complications. oh, and maybe Kiwa would interest you?
hip
Shuma

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Mar 12, 2004 00:54
yes, metal spark was really "WOW"
what was the name of that single...iron maiden?
still got it somewhere with my old vinyl

I think on www.chaosunlimited.co.uk you can find 21:3 at really affordable prices
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Psybreaks?

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance