Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

a question....Clones

Insane Behavior
Insane Behavior

Started Topics :  23
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 10:49
Hello everyone...

This has probely allready been discused...but im kind a new on isratrance,,...i`ll take my chances
so..

The other day i got some music, from some artists
that where kind enought to let me give my opinion
of there productions..
and when i was listening, what i heard was music done before,,
they where trying to sound like other artists,,,
dont get me wrong i have absolutly nothing against ideas beeing re-used, thats how new ideas come to life......But in this case they sounded exactly like another artist...
now im an artist myself, i`m married to my studio
,when im fiddleling with my buttens (hehe) i can not see why i should try sounding like other peoble..it makes no sence to me.
Why?....can it be becourse peoble like to call themselves "artists" and everything that goes with it..and they dont have any idea of there own...
or is it becourse they depend on concepts allready
shown effective...or maybe they are afraid to try new things out themselves.....well i dont know..
I beleave it was Monno i had this discusion with once where we where trying to find the end of the rope..but as i recall we diddent reach the end.
maybe u can help...

And then i want peoble to know that i dont want to dizz peoble for making there music like this,,,i have a mind of my own and i know that i dont have to listen....and i dont have to understand it...

Bomz to u all

/Bobo

The Green Channel
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 13:58
You have to have your own sound. And it's very uncreative and boring if you just recycle others ideas all the time. But i dont belive it's such a big problem as many people want it to be, or dont want it to be...           "Love is a way of life"

(Gaia, Love, Nature, Shamanism (.2A.y.0a.hu.1a.sc.2a.), Terence McKenna)
Gilad Refael
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  79
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 14:50
sometimes it happens, you get to sound like some atrists just beacuse you like his (-their) music. not on purpose.           REHAB is for quitters
BrainStorm
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  33
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 15:14
i am agree with Green Channel and Gilad, i might add that maybe some artists observe other famous bands and think like "well, if i will get close to their sound, i will become famous either.."
or "hey, this band sounds modern so i will try to imitate its sounds and so will sound modern as well"
instead of thinking "if i will create a new sound and people will like it - i can get higher then the famous bands"

dunno, for me its not like this
contradictory, im trying to have my own sound which has no any limits and / or imitations

i dont really care what MOST of the people like nowadays and i wont run after IM's sound, just because its modern now.. (just for example, because recently, i hear a lot of bands who are trying to sound very very likely to this band;)

every band must have its own, unique sound
otherwise we will get very likely sounding music, which will make it boring and will not attract a new trance listeners to the scene

Pavel
Troll

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 17:33
When i started i wanted to create something similar to what i liked at the moment something like Simon, Infected Mushroom or maybe Logic Bomb.
But today i learnt to extract the best of what i've learnt to hopefully my style as original as possible.
Don't forget Dalai Lama who once said : "First learn the rules so you can break them"
          Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Kikina

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 14, 2003 23:50
Maybe it's not coping, it just happens two artists in the same time to have similar ideas.
For instance, when I was preparing my art exhibition, one of the artworks were shoes all glued with poststamps. After few mounts I was reading one old review of a magazine. I saw a picture were on one gay parade a gay artist has made the same thing, but only the shoe was different. I also was dissapointed a littel bit, but at that moment I realised that it is posible different people from different parts of the world to have the same ideas , in the same time.....
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 00:06
"First learn the rules so you can break them"

Yes very nice sentence
           Signature
Dainty Doll
June Rashava

Started Topics :  49
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 00:29
Yeah i have been wondering the same thing for a while. I jsut think that when some people see an artist they really really like them selves and they see the success they have, they just wanna reach the same, which is not really possible if you copy.

And FX there are many many talented israeli's, they are really good, but because they get taught from their friends, who got taught from their friends, and so on, they make the same sound..

2 reasons from my point of view.           http://crackwhoremodels.dk/dainty_doll.html

www.myspace.com/djdaintydoll

www.myspace.com/junerashava
buzzee
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 02:43
[quote]
On 2005-02-02 00:29, June Rashava wrote:
Yeah i have been wondering the same thing for a while. I jsut think that when some people see an artist they really really like them selves and they see the success they have, they just wanna reach the same, which is not really possible if you copy.

And FX there are many many talented israeli's, they are really good, but because they get taught from their friends, who got taught from their friends, and so on, they make the same sound..

2 reasons from my point of view.

And then gradually start on to make his or her tunes....
volvox box
Inactive User
Started Topics :  13
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 02:44
I see the whole psytrance scene as five artists. Maybe five different styles and they all repeat simmultaneously. Thats why i got bored of it, you cant even know who copies who, who is a clone of who, like there is no original one, like they are all clones, but i still cant delete Texas Faggot.
Mike A
Subra

Started Topics :  185
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 11:19
I'm with June here.
Especially in Israel, there are gangs of artists which all live in the same cities. Take Tel Aviv, Afula, Beer Sheva, Kiriat Gat, etc.
All those artists have more or less different music, but they sound the same. They all learn from eachother, work together etc. When someone finds a new cool sound, he shares it with all his friends. Now blame them for being nice and helpful?
CRX(HSS Records)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  97
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 12:02
pavel
excellent quote!
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 13:34
Maybe "copyists" would be a better term than calling all those "artist" for artists

Sorry but there's just way too many "artists" in this little scene... and the majority have never even touched a Keyboard - thats the fatcs... Now there are some very talented artists in every country - oldies and new ones ... But some of them drown in the many many releases... this scene have turned into quantity over quality!
EYB
Noized

Started Topics :  111
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 13:39
Anyone have a problem with 'copyists'?

Why? Are you jealous? Can not everyone do what he wants?

I think people u call copyists don't think they are this.

So where is the point?            Signature
HandA
Inactive User

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Feb 2, 2005 13:58
The point?

Ok one more time for you:

This scene have turned into quantity over quality!

I dont blame the people making the music. I can easily understand that they like to see their own "creations" on a CD.

I blame the labels that uncritically release track after track. without any sense of quality.

Music that should have stayed in the bedrooms of those making it. But of course thats just my opinion. You might think it's all amazing music that deserve to be released. We all have different views on things.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - a question....Clones

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance