shamanizer

Started Topics :  7
Posted : May 4, 2007 16:22
Quote:

On 2007-05-04 01:33, papay wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 16:31, spytooned psytones wrote:
Oh, and Finland (Not a part of Scandinavia,

are you fucking kidding me go read some history dude seriously.....that s like saying norway is part of asia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Maybe he was referrring to the fact that we Finns dont want to belong to the rest of Scandinavia because they speak strange language and behave lady like ;-D
Dennis the menace
DevilsDennis Sparris McHilton

Started Topics :  128
Posted : May 4, 2007 19:43
Zman
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  14
Posted : May 4, 2007 21:51
hahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha
Pr0j3ct X

Started Topics :  1
Posted : May 4, 2007 22:02
Parties in the south of Portugal are usually quite awesome (Santarém, Lisbon). Lots of festivals, great parties, espaectacular crowds, usually power line-ups. Can't complain this side of the world!
salvia_divinorum
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : May 4, 2007 22:20
you're right most parties are in that area

but everyone agrees that parties in the north have much better crowd!

all of portugal is a big psytrance capital           When I dance, I put myself in the DJ's hands to take me to a journey - the unconscious journey to reality

KARKEIJA KREW!!!!!!!! dancing is the phrr fo da powa
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  236
Posted : May 8, 2007 12:24

Quote:

On 2007-05-04 01:33, papay wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-03 16:31, spytooned psytones wrote:
Finland (Not a part of Scandinavia)

are you fucking kidding me go read some history dude seriously.....that s like saying norway is part of asia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scandinavia

Hey Papay! First of all, no, I'm not fucking kidding you ^^ The "Official" Scandinavian countries includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. The other Nordic countries, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands, are also sometimes included because of their close historic and cultural relations to Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. But in all reality (well, this is a case that can be discussed without a result because there is no real border of Scandinavia). Finland is a part of The Nordic Countries/Region, not Scandinavia. If you actually take the time to read all the text that is written in Wikipedia, you will also see that I'm not fucking kidding you. But since there seem to be a 'Hey, if you want to include Finland & Island in Scandinavia or not' mentality going around, I, In my opinion will not include Finland in the term 'Scandinavia'. For me, Scandinavia contains three main countries. Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Hope that ok with you.

traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : May 10, 2007 17:43
Quote:

Hey Papay! First of all, no, I'm not fucking kidding you ^^ The "Official" Scandinavian countries includes the three kingdoms of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. The other Nordic countries, Finland, Iceland and the Faroe Islands, are also sometimes included because of their close historic and cultural relations to Norway, Sweden, and Denmark. But in all reality (well, this is a case that can be discussed without a result because there is no real border of Scandinavia). Finland is a part of The Nordic Countries/Region, not Scandinavia. If you actually take the time to read all the text that is written in Wikipedia, you will also see that I'm not fucking kidding you. But since there seem to be a 'Hey, if you want to include Finland & Island in Scandinavia or not' mentality going around, I, In my opinion will not include Finland in the term 'Scandinavia'. For me, Scandinavia contains three main countries. Norway, Sweden and Denmark. Hope that ok with you.

Yeah, one of the Nordic countries, not Scandinavian. Althou technically (history wise), from which the name "Scandinavia" came. It should technically be Finland alone that is known as Scandinavia.           "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
psionic nomad
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  253
Posted : May 10, 2007 17:49
everything said and done...funland rules!!

gimme mo spungeeeeeeeeeeee

*me bounces*

Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 10, 2007 17:49
Quote:

On 2007-05-10 17:43, traveller wrote:
Althou technically (history wise), from which the name "Scandinavia" came. It should technically be Finland alone that is known as Scandinavia..

@ T-Man - Oh? Interesting. Care to eleberate? I also read in the Wikipedia text that, quote: Estonia has applied for membership in the Nordic Council, referring to its cultural heritage and close linguistic links to Finland, although normally Estonia is regarded as one of the Baltic countries. All Baltic states have shared historical events with the Nordic countries, including Scandinavia, during the centuries.
- I have nothing against them, but my vote says no.
traveller
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  234
Posted : May 10, 2007 17:59
Quote:

On 2007-05-10 17:49, spytooned psytones wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-05-10 17:43, traveller wrote:
Althou technically (history wise), from which the name "Scandinavia" came. It should technically be Finland alone that is known as Scandinavia..

@ T-Man - Oh? Interesting. Care to eleberate? I also read in the Wikipedia text that, quote: Estonia has applied for membership in the Nordic Council, referring to its cultural heritage and close linguistic links to Finland, although normally Estonia is regarded as one of the Baltic countries. All Baltic states have shared historical events with the Nordic countries, including Scandinavia, during the centuries.
- I have nothing against them, but my vote says no.

Quoting stuff..

According to almost any present archaelogist or other new source about the subject the linquistic ancestors of Finns have been living in Finland and also in some areas that are now Sweden, since the ice age more than 10 000 years ago. Germanic language is quite a new in Scandinvia compared to that. Germanic languages are called scandinavian languages, but that is only a linquistic term. Actually in Scandinavia fenno-ugric is a lot older form of a language. Linquistic term "scandinavian language" is not a reason to count something out or in Scandinavia, there is also history and pre-history that makes Scandinavia.

And there's more:

Roman and greek historians recognized the fact that there were "Fenni" or "Phinnoi" living in almost all parts of Scandinavia (Tacitus ca 100AD, Ptolemy ca 150AD) and this is also indicated in the oldest maps that can be found over the region. The terms "skridifinn" , "skidifinn" and "skrifinn" (skiing finns) are also found. According to Jordane (ca 550AD), the "island Scandza" was inhabited by several tribes, as he mentions Scerefennae (skiing Finns, wandering Finns), Suehans, Theustes, Vagoth, Bergio, Hallin, Liothida, Ahemil, Finnaithae (Finns of the heath, Finns of the plains), Fervir, Gauthigoth, Evagre, Ottingis, Ostrogothae, Raumariciae, Finni mitissimi (gentle Finns), Suetidi, Heruli and others. If the origin of Scandinavia is derived from the "island Scandza" and finnic tribes are mentioned among one of the first inhabitants, if not the first, I don't see any grounds for excluding Finland from Scandinavia based on false claims, that the finnic ties to Scandinavia are merely a few hundred years old. Being provocative, one could say, that the swedish and norwegian ties to Scandinavia could be interpreted as being only around 1500 yrs old

Interesting link http://antiquity.ac.uk/ProjGall/rankama/

Perhaps Scandinavia should be renamed Fenno-Scandinavia or something..

e. to not go completely OT

There are plenty of parties in Helsinki. Most of them Suomi, but sometimes international acts..

June/July : Juno Reactor, Hallucinogen, Pendulum (drum n bass but it's so good )
          "The dinosaurs became extinct because they didn't have a space program."
- Larry Niven
kazuku
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  100
Posted : May 10, 2007 18:40
In my mind Finland is part of Scandinavia ... but interesting talk. /shrug.../learn

kk my list of top 10 psytrance capitals from compiled posts, expeience and intuition- places every psy head should travel to at least once

In no particular DISORDER (TM Pavel enterprises 200X, all rights reserved);)

Tokio/Yokohama
Moscow/ Odessa (?)
Cape town
London/Brighton
Hamburg/Berlin
Gothenburg/Stockholm
Lisbon
Tel Aviv/Haifa/Ber Sheba
Copenhagen/Aarhus
San Franciso/New York
Melbourne/Byron Bay
Brasilian Psy capital X (Belo Horizonte, recife, Rio ..no idea)
Mexico city (?)
Oslo
Zurich
Vienna
Paris
Thesaloniki
Helsinki
Belgrad
Budapest
Anjuna/Bombay

Sry if i missed anyone

dE.Tonatik
Detonatik

Started Topics :  83
Posted : May 10, 2007 18:46

Moscow -Tokyo n certain parts of Hungary by far (xcuse me as i dontknw a lot in detail abt hungarian cities)

some 1 wrote anjuna /bombay ..hehe nice nicee

BOo.. Mmm

out now
http://parvati-records.com/music-shop/cd/out-of-time
Pt.
IsraTrance Senior Member

Posted : May 10, 2007 18:47
kazuku , which places of your list have you actually been to?
T-man, thanks for the very interesting information. Cheers.
papay

Started Topics :  6
Posted : May 10, 2007 18:48
Quoting stuff..

According to almost any present archaelogist or other new source about the subject the linquistic ancestors of Finns have been living in Finland and also in some areas that are now Sweden, since the ice age more than 10 000 years ago. Germanic language is quite a new in Scandinvia compared to that. Germanic languages are called scandinavian languages, but that is only a linquistic term. Actually in Scandinavia fenno-ugric is a lot older form of a language. Linquistic term "scandinavian language" is not a reason to count something out or in Scandinavia, there is also history and pre-history that makes Scandinavia.

nothing to add here
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - Ultimate Psytrance capitals of the world
← Prev Page
1 2 3 4 5 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance