Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - What is happening to Goa?
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

What is happening to Goa?

headyatail2000
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 19:11
SP, if your comment was a personal attack it'd be fine..!
but you wrote about not allowing others too,, 100 or 200 people? 4 reasons best known 2 u...(ugly looking, alien...?)

what are you doing in goa??
are you the same with the locals there???

somehow, ppl. like you also pretend 2 extra friendly and humble (in GOA) when you're still not over that colonial attitude..!
          <~< "the best things in life aren't things" - art buchwald >~>
Datakult
Datakult

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 19:34
have respect for the dinosaurs of psytrance scene
let them die in peace!
Spasm

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 19:36
Quote:

when you're still not over that colonial attitude..!

well since you mentioned this, i just want to let you know, that the fact that Portugal was once colonizing Goa, (among others) is not the part of the history of my country that I'm proud of, not at all.
And I speak for most of my fellow countrymen.
TrippyJohnny
Inactive User

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 19:52
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 19:36, Spasm wrote:
Quote:

well since you mentioned this, i just want to let you know, that the fact that Portugal was once colonizing Goa, (among others) is not the part of the history of my country that I'm proud of, not at all.

Every country has it's ugly History and skeltons in the closet. The trick is to look ahead, learn from past mistakes and not dwell too much on guilt trips about something in your Country's History you had no part in personally.

Probably off-topic
          http://www.peopleagainstpeace.net/
Spasm

Posted : Jan 18, 2007 20:37
true

it was just something I wanted to get of my chest, since Goa is such an important "state of mind", like Krell wisely said, in this culture.
bert

Posted : Jan 18, 2007 23:14
"However, everyone takes orders from Aspee, who is alleged to be the biggest Russian dealer. "He is one of the most elusive dealer and has given us a tough time. Besides he is also one of the best DJs in the world and charges $ 2000 per hour to play in the international market," said a top police official. Aspee is the main attraction at any rave party and foreign tourists flock like bees to a honeycomb to a rave party whenever Aspee is playing.

In Goa, all other DJs who perform at rave parties are under his control and only if he gives permission they play, the source added. Meanwhile, Aspee, who lives in Assagao, moves around with a rough and tough looking middle-aged Russian woman, who is allegedly involved in the supply of young Russian girls between the age of 14 and 17 to customers. She is also known to be Aspee's bodyguard. "

Hahahahahaaaa... Go X.P Go!! Some kinda wife you have!

Read the whole story here:
http://goadourado.sulekha.com/blog/post/2006/12/russian-roulette.htm
Nurbs
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 00:17
Quote:

Read the whole story here:
http://goadourado.sulekha.com/blog/post/2006/12/russian-roulette.htm

XP pwnd , case closed
ozric
Logic Bomb

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 00:48
Aw, Goa story has been finished for quite a while now, no?
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 01:35
@XP...Someone who'se been in the scene for this long, seen it grow in Goa, met people from all parts of the world, taken good lsd, smoked the best charas, danced among some of the most eclectic people in the community, travelled around the world, lived his life for maybe twice as long as mine... and is now this angry and frustrated with the world that you have to create your own. It's sad and I'm sorry. I've always thought growing old was getting closer to what you're looking for, but you sound very lost my brother.
I hope to be proved wrong if and when I meet you.
~peace~

aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 02:05
brother Xp motherlicker!!!

Do not ever bring delhi ppl in the topic ... We are touchy ... Please dont make us touch u .

and if u dont want 'uncool' indians in ur party take it outta my country . and stop dealing drugs .
aXis
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  116
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 02:08
goa is a state of mind !!
Divine

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 02:57
Quote:

On 2007-01-18 19:36, Spasm wrote:
Quote:

No, your not speaking for most of your countrymen.Why the hell was the colonization of goa bad??If Portugal hadnt colonized Goa, the Goa trance scene would never existed because it was the mix between european(portuguese) culture and indian that made possible the creation of goa trance scene and im not even talking about the freedom that the portuguese rullers provied for hippies there...now u can see what happened to the scene with indian government,no freedom
The colonization of goa and all other were of major importance to humanity, and mainly for the people who was colonized because we provided them superior european technology.           The statues seemed to move but didn't,the world had changed yet stayed the same,I was a new born vampire weeping at the beauty of the night.
aCIDISGOD

Posted : Jan 19, 2007 03:11
Lets do an Honest review of VA High tech pleaseures on the album section. Throw your views on XP as a musician let everyone find out where who stands! I callit Vodka Trance BTW!

Pray for world peace. Campaign for legalization of certain substances thae we know are safe (Ok sell it with a descriptive warning)

Jai Jai Anjuna!

Guardian of the Eastern Dark.
Yidam
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  144
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 03:49
Quote:

On 2007-01-19 02:57, Divine wrote:

The colonization of goa and all other were of major importance to humanity, and mainly for the people who was colonized because we provided them superior european technology.

Really? Might this be the same technology thats used to kill people and destroy the planet?

If you look at things from that perspective, colonisation is modernisation which is exactly what the goverment is trying to do to Goa. They dont want hippies without money... they need a revenue churning machine, which is Goa Tourism.

Goa trance is about the roots of human nature. Watch the documentary 'Last Hippy Standing' The first few that came to Goa lived with the locals as locals, not colonisers. Growing their own food, living a simple life. The only synthetic things which seemed to be part of the equation were LSD and amplified music.
If you'd like to take credit for that go for it!!! But I'm sure you'll piss a few people off there!

The essence and vibe is deep rooted in the concept of world travelling, meditation, tribal rituals and dance. And I'm sorry, everyone gets credit for that one.

Stop living in the past and find something positive and meaningful in the now.

And please, do a little more research next time. Your facts are so off the mark that I'm not even going to bother correcting you.
Fugs

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 05:57
^^^Ditto...

@TrippyJohnny: there is no point us arguing between ourselves about whether XP did something right or wrong.. we all know that if he had tried something like this anywhere else in the world, things would probably have gotten ugly... in India, the govt does not support the psy scene at all unlike in most other countries where it is not "accepted", but tolerated at the least.

And like u said, if we let him get away with this now, its just gonna encourage all the other negative, money minded business men in the world to make a similar move. And we dont want the future of Psy to be ruled by racism... This world suffered enuf of that shit in the last century... its time to change our attitudes and that will influence everyone else around us to change theirs as well..
Love & light to u all           What is weed? A plant whose virtues are yet to be discovered... Ralph Waldo Emerson
Trance Forum » » Forum  Trance - What is happening to Goa?
← Prev Page
4 5 6 7 8 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance