Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Vibrasphere in Los Angeles, Friday Sept. 14th 2007
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Vibrasphere in Los Angeles, Friday Sept. 14th 2007

ndemik

Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 17, 2007 06:45
Fantastico. The Terrakroma event was the first psy party I've been to in LA. T

he venue was really top-notch. Seemed like a bit of throwback to the underground days. The roof access was key -- I loved the way folks would gather round the vent like a campfire! If the venue is secure and not just a one-off, there's some strong potential for pimping out a few of those nooks.

The vibe was good. It seemed to have achieved that delicate balance of having a packed dancefloor without too many booty house (god bless them) mommas or e-tards. Lots of smiles and a lot less insider psy-snobbery than I've encounted in SF.

The soundsystem could use some work, but you gotta work with what you got. I thought a lot of the subtly that runs so deep through Vibrasphere's music was lost. I left the dancefloor shortly after Treavor got on, but he seemed to get the system popping the best I heard it.

Vibrasphere's performance was quite nice. He genuinely appeared to enjoy his set and really got into it. Personally, I think good dj acts are more entertaining and vivacious than laptop acts, but Vibrasphere was at least authentic in the performance he gave. The tunes were nearly all from the new album and recent singles, with a notable female vocal track (anyone?) I hadn't heard before.

Encouraging event for the new crew. A thousand thanks, congratulations, and keep 'em comin!

scenator

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 17, 2007 10:14
congratulations guys on a great first event. super sets by all ,awsome vibe..looking forward to more.
Bodhi 13:20
Bodhisattva 13:20

Started Topics :  38
Posted : Sep 17, 2007 11:31
Very nice event!!!

excellent location!!!

the vents on the roof ..... acting as heated speakers.....very nice happy accident

really good crowd!! lots of people everywhere, it peaked between about 1am and 4am

no tracks in particular grabbed me as being spectacular except maybe a couple by spyros and trevor. some were nice and deep, some kinda psychedelic, and some were just fuckin cheezeballs to the max.....bottom line - lots of different styles of prog trance/techno. vibrasphere had some good moments from what I heard of his set, but unfortunately I had to leave the party for an hour so I only caught the first and last parts of his set.

thanx to Andrew and Yair for the good times, I hope you guys keep throwing Terrakroma events, California needs more support for progressive

info/tourdates/psy
http://soundcloud.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.facebook.com/Bodhi1320
http://www.beatspace.com
3rd Album \\\"Equations\\\" on 2to6 records
lolita

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 17, 2007 18:19
congrats Terrakroma for the superb party. a good taste of the old school. it did remember my first indoors party. super nice.
Manny at the chill roon made me completely forget about Vibrasphere. what a soul !!!
great to see new kids on the block.
Andrew Terrakroma
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  12
Posted : Sep 17, 2007 23:47
It couldn't have gone any better. The vibe was super unique. So many new faces with beautiful smiles and energy gleeming from them. We are looking forward to making the next one and giving it our ALL once again, so we can all share in the after glow. LOVELOVELOVE
Magox
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  20
Posted : Sep 19, 2007 21:21
We couldn't of dreamed of a better indoor event. We never expected the turnout to be the way it ended it up in so many facets and aspects. There were many smiley faces, a diverse crowd, super vibes, the djs and vibrasphere rocked it!!, the ventilation inside was excellent considering the amount of people that were there, the location filled with all those lil rooms were unique, the terrace was alwayz filled, the roof was awesome with a great downtown skyline view of L.A and like Bodhi said earlier, we had no idea that there would be a nice heating element to the roof ( pure accident).

There are many people that we would like to thank, and we wouldnt of been able to do it without each and every single one of you, and i truely mean that.

George and Justin for helping out with all the lifting and setting up of the location, john armstrong for all his technical help, vanyo with his wicked soundsystem (next time we will get more speakers), Todd for the lighting we were looking for, Rob and Geneva for their kick ass Visuals and djaying (thank you so much for that), Roger for his equipment in the chill out area, Manny for his incredible Chill out set and love he put into it, Robert and Gina for helping us out in the bar area, Kristen and Tony for helping out sooo much everywhere (in web design, helping getting the sound, creative ideas, thank you guyz), Miriam for helping out at the door, Rob for the venue, mikey for promotion and helping move things, JC chino and macadonian for promotions, Skip for being Skip, Aaron and Rosyln, Patricia KARO for her great energy and promotions, Carol and Tiffanie Rae and Britta for clean up and lots of laughs (that was a lot of fun cleaning up with you guyz, YAIR yair yair what an awesome dude he helped out with everything and has an incredible smile, Bobby Razuk for the excellent job in security (one man show), John Mark Jon Bush for incredible dancing energy they just woulndt stop dancing,

big thank you also to the sound providers, Brian Rae for his awesome psychedelic stompy prog set, Spyros also had an incredible stompy prog set one of my fav.'s, Treavor from MoonTRibe RIPPED it UP!! really got the high energy going after the Vibrasphere live set.
and of course RIckard big thank you to you...

Then of course i can't forget about my brothers and sisters

our girls Emily who worked soooo hard in deco and behind the bar and in just about everything many many thanks to Emily, we couldnt of done it without her. Jessica shapiro and Jessica Devic our two jesses, they rocked it, helping out behind the bar and door and in trust areas. Liz for helping out in deco and behind the bar and totally trusting her as well. Sierra Sierra like the mountains she rocks, i think i could trust her with anything' she kept things in line when things looked like they could of gotten out of line. We love our girls

and my brothers Armando, Gabriel, Andrew (earthbag)for giving everything you had, literally to make this happen.

i love you guyz

and for everyone of you that came and supported the party, we promise to keep improving every area possible. It was you guyz that made the party.

Next event we are looking for it to be in late November, and we have some very interesting Live acts in consideration.

thanx again to everyone
           "On the path of spirituality, one ventures to vanquish one’s own faults rather than to judge others"
mangolino

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 20, 2007 03:25
thank you magox u realy know whats going on with the scene.....true from the heart thats why we had such a great party,,,,the vibe was so incredible,,,,the troopers are troopers from the soul....man u realy gave it all and u had a great outcome....
love u
me
Electrophile*

Posted : Sep 20, 2007 04:33
This was an AMAZING EVENT! The one element that stood out in my eyes ever more than Rickhard's set was the visuals. Great job!
NightOwl

Posted : Sep 20, 2007 15:12
That event was raging. Location + crowd took me back to Bombay. Vibrasphere and Spyros were chill. Treavor broke my brain into pieces and put it back together again.

We've been real lucky to have some great events in LA the last couple months... keep 'em coming...
Pangea
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  72
Posted : Sep 20, 2007 16:13
glad to hear the party went well magox,

good luck on your future events,

all the best           pureperceptionrecords.org

pangeaproductions.org

myspace.com/pureperceptionrecords
kArO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  11
Posted : Sep 27, 2007 01:59
i very much enjoyed this gathering. the love, effort and great intentions really came through. thanks, terrakroma looking forward to future experiences.

blessings~ kArO
Trance Forum » » Forum  North America - Vibrasphere in Los Angeles, Friday Sept. 14th 2007
← Prev Page
1 2 3
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance