Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)

s.h.e.e.p.
S.H.E.E.P.

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Dec 19, 2006 09:55
Thanks Osho for that great compilation!
Started my set on sunday noon with Perfect Stranger vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace and this track works really well. Played also Echoteks rmx from Paste and closed my set with the wonderful True Lies Track! I like nearly every track on this comp...keep up the good work!
s.h.e.e.p.(y) greetings
oli

-------
Pinke Punkte-progressive grooves
http://forum.isratrance.com/viewtopic.php/topic/100698/forum/44
Tomer
Yotopia

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Dec 19, 2006 14:18
more like this please ...           visit us on myspace.com/yotopia
Yinon
Pop Stream

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Dec 19, 2006 15:16
Excellent taste, exceptional choice. I'm not such a big fan that janer but this kept me on listening.
Good luck Osho, you got what it takes to lead a dance floor. All the luck to you...
Echoes Records
Echoes Records

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Dec 31, 2006 12:45
Hello everybody, we would like to thank you all for your comments.
We realy happy that you like the Think Different compilation.
Happy new year...           Progress In Music!
www.echoes-records.com
www.facebook.com/echoes-records
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 22:29
My review:

VA - Think Different ( Echoes, Nov. 2006 )

Track List:
1. Perfect Stranger vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace
2. Paste - Down On The Streets (Echotek rmx)
3. Fusi & Johnson - Respect
4. Vibrasphere - Capsize
5. Ace Ventura - Go With Da Flow (Morax rmx)
6. Tegma - Bratislava Next
7. Fitalic - The Way
8. True Lies - If You Wanna

This is the debut of Echoes Records, a new progressive label based on Israel.
The cover art is one of the best of 2006, showing a "light bulb robot", but unfortunately there's no mention about who did the cover art in the booklet.
http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ech1cd001_b.jpg:CDs/ech/ech1cd001.html:;
Also there's no mention about who compiled the album, so I assume the label managers did that. The mastering was made by Bog at Overdose Studio.

The album has only 8 tracks, and seems to be divided in two halves, the first one is faster and the second is slower and groovier. The music begins with Perfect Ace (T1), an instant classic and one of the best progressive tracks I heard in 2006. It has a nice intro, peculiar and efficient bass lines, nice samples from Scar Face, a huge break and the perfect ending. This first track alone is worth the compilation. It has 135 bpm and the track key is C minor.

Echotek's remix to Paste is next (T2), steadier but in the same bpm of the opening track it's a nice track. Respect (T3) by Fusi & Johnson is a good follow up, never hear about these two guys, but they were successful in making the faster track on this progressive release. The pounding bass and the good taste on the samples and effects made me like this one more than the previous track. Capsize (T4) is Vibrasphere's contribution to this compilation, a very well executed progressive tune, that flies at 137 bpm and keeps everybody moving on the dance floor like they were bees in a hive. Now we're moving into the groovier side of the compilation, which starts with a good remix to an Ace Ventura track. Morax is the guy in charge of this deep mix, and its steady flow at 132 bpm makes it one of my favorites here. Following we have Tegma, the duo that always manage to stamp a smile at my face, and this track is absolutely no exception to this rule, wow, it's probably the groovier trace here and it surely makes me dance. Good job guys! Fitalic's track (T7) didn't impress me that much, its a nice track, but not my style, so that I'm moving to the last track, If You Wanna (T8), which is already a dance floor hit with at least one released remix. It's a nice and funny track at 130 bpm, also with great sample usage. This last one is another favorite, I don't think I'd play it at a party, but for closing this compilation and to home listening it's just perfect.

All in all with this compilation Echoes Records starts already as a respected label, the names and the music talks for itself, congratulations and please keep this quality level.

Recommendation: This is a recommended progressive release, featuring tracks by some top artists in the progressive scene. The only drawback of this compilation is that it only has eight tracks, in all other aspects it's an above average release, its stronger points are the absence of bad tracks, the dance floor effectiveness and the broad bpm range. Also it's excellent for home listening. Go for it.

Favorites: 1(!!), 4(!), 5(!), 6(!), 8.

Buy it here:
http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display_release.asp?id=6175
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ech/ech1cd001.html
Respect!
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 23:55
very solid comp from Osho and Echoes Records, i've heard it all over australia this summer

solid collection of artists and a consistant sound n flow, all the ingrediants of a good compilation to me!

rock on boys!           Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
Ray Zed

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 19, 2007 01:13
top notch comp imo! very well chosen tracks and cool cover art.
my favs are 1!,3,5,6!

8/10
Osho
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  129
Posted : Jan 20, 2007 21:57
@full_on
Thanks for your review, about the cd cover, you are right there is no mention about who did the cover art! The responsible for this amazing cover is Florian Veer from Germany, a talnted designer. And the cd was compiled by me and my partner Dani Leites! And that also not mention inside.          Progress In Music!
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jan 21, 2007 00:12
Thanks for the info, Osho, I'm sure your next release will not miss these details.
Keep it up.
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : May 14, 2007 17:51
Good stuff. I liked the cover too, nice artwork. There are some really cool tracks here. I especially like tracks 1,2,4,5,7,8 but the rest is pretty good as well. There are no real downers here, although track 3 is fairly standard stuff, but that said isn't bad at all, so... no complaints here. Track 1 is great ofcourse, but I was pleasantly surprised by Echotek's remix for Down on the streets, that is one kickass remix. Maybe even better than the Symphonix remix that was featured on the Reflections compilation from Blue Tunes. The Morax remix really kicks ass too. Hope to hear an album from that guy soon. So, for a first compilation this is promising. Hope to hear some more from this label in future.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance