Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Nov 21, 2006 20:17
Artist: Various
Title: Think Different
Label: Echoes Records
Format: CD (Jewelcase with standard 4-page inlay)
Released: November 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/ech1cd001_b.jpg

Review:

Echoes Records is a brand new progressive label based in Israel. A few years ago progressive labels from Israel where very seldom, but with the uprise of the whole progressive scene worldwide, we're also seeing quite a few new progressive labels from this very full on dominated country. Behind Echoes Records stands DJ Osho, an Israeli DJ who have played in countries like Marocco, Turkey, Greece, Denmark and in the past have compiled a couple of CD's for Spliff Music and Groove Control.

The first release from Echoes Records is "Think Different" - a compilation featuring a quite tempting tracklist with 8 tracks and remixes.

01. Perfect Stranger Vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace [135 BPM]
Two of the biggest ambassadors for the progressive scene in Israel are Perfect Stranger and Ace Ventura, both signed on Iboga Records. Here they have combined forced on the aptly titled "Perfect Ace", and in my opinion it's among their very best work so far. It features some slightly modified Al Pacino samples from Scarface for humorous effect, and it has a very big, crowdpleasing breakdown with a very impressive dancefloor effect. Amazing stuff.

02. Paste - Down On The Streets (Echotek Remix) [135 BPM]
Up next is another Israeli artist, Echotek, with a remix for Pastes "Down On The Streets", released on Plusquams "Wireless" compilation last year. Echoteks sound is usually a mix of progressive and full on, but here he's definitely focusing more on the progressive side of things - it doesn't quite have the punch and deep, raw appeal as the original, but on the other hand the energy is slightly higher and it is more suitable for playing at daytime. Ok remix.

03. Fusi & Johnson - Respect [138 BPM]
Fusi & Johnson is the moniker for the two Germans Fabio and Mapusa Mapusa, some of the most well-known DJs and producers on the German progressive scene in the last many years. "Respect" doesn't bring much new to the genre, but it is a fine track nevertheless - the grooves are quite funky and it has some very likeable melodies that'll definitely cause a lot of smiles on the dancefloor in an afternoon set. Solid german festival-trance.

04. Vibrasphere - Capsize [137 BPM]
Vibrasphere is definitely one of my favourite acts, and 2006 has been a great year for fans of their melodic trance-sound, with a full length album, one single and some appearances on compilations - mostly of very high quality. "Capsize" maintains the high quality they are well-known for - it's not quite as in your face melodic as some of their newer stuff, but more on the dreamy, subtle side as we know from their "Lime Structure" days. Epic sound.

05. Ace Ventura - Go With Da Flow (Morax Remix) [132 BPM]
Ace Venturas "Go With Da Flow", previously released on Flows "Globalize" compiliation is remixed by Morax from Israel, the progressive soloproject of Michael Reznik, also known as being part of the techtrance project Triac. The intro is kind of weird, but the track picks up very quick, mixing a hard, relentless tribal groove with the slightly uplifting elements from the original. Nice remix - better than the original.

06. Tegma - Bratislava Next [130 BPM]
With 3 successful full length albums released on Digital Structures, Candyflip and Tribal Vision, Tegma is one of the biggest progressive acts to come out of Sweden, and here they are continuing the style from their last album, "Around The World In 80 Minutes". Tribal and psychedelic with elements of both progressive house and trance, but sadly it didn't do as much for me as any of their later releases. Weaker than expected.

07. Fitalic - The Way [130 BPM]
Robin Fitter from Holland recently released his debut album "Atomic Atmosphere" on Tribal Vision Records, but has for many years been a big name in the progressive house scene, with releases on labels like Bedrock, Vapour, Pangea, Nascent, Iboga, Plastik Park and Sprout. "The Way" is taken from the album, where I found it a solid track, yet one of the more anonymous tunes on the album overall. A good, deep, progressive house track with tech-house influences and nicely filtered male voice-samples.

08. True Lies - If You Wanna [130 BPM]
To conclude the compilation is "If You Wanna" by the True Lies - the housier sideproject of the Symponix-brothers, also known as DJ Montagu & Golkonda and organisers of Tshitraka, one of the biggest annual psychedelic festivals in Germany. The track is kind of mixture of progressive/electro house and German festival-psytrance, but I find it kind of forgettable - lacking any real energy or distinctiveness.

Bottom line:

"Think Different" won't go down in history as one of the best compilations released in 2006, but it does have some very strong points that'll make it a valued tool for DJ's in the coming months. What really makes this compilation worth the bucks is the Perfect Stranger/Ace Ventura and the Vibrasphere tracks - two absolutely stunning highlights. The rest ranges from pretty good to quite forgettable, but overall "Think Different" is worth the money, and Echoes Records will definitely get some well-deserved attention for this release.

Favourites:

1 (!!), 3, 4 (!!), 5, 6

Verdict:

7/10

Link:

Echoes Records: http://www.echoes-records.com           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Nov 22, 2006 00:15
good comp!
Perfect Stranger Vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace
I like that new Ace Ventura bass Line - fresh sound - one of my favorites of their year.

Ace Ventura - Go With Da Flow (Morax Remix)
Morax work amazed me. He took a nice track and made it 10 times better.

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Pavel

Started Topics :  312
Posted : Nov 24, 2006 23:03
Average compilation with 1 very good tune (Perfect Ace) that i play non stop for some time and Morax' remix of Ace Ventura and Vibrasphere's Capsize that are very well done as well.
Fair enough for the first compilation and i wish Oshri and Danny much good luck with the next one as well!           Everyone in the world is doing something without me
Toxical(rotem)
Toxical

Started Topics :  24
Posted : Nov 25, 2006 18:56
very good comp!! amazing kickoff for Echoes records!! keep it up guys!           PsyTrance The sound track of our life...
http://www.toxicalmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/toxicalmusic
http://www.myspace.com/rotemdoron (electro/minimal)
Ben P

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Nov 26, 2006 16:36
nice compil
nothing new or different like the name implys
but its a nice cd not more then its to all who like porg
LigaLize
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 27, 2006 19:09
Great compilation
i liked 1,2,3,5,8
          Dance is - As a matter of fact, socially admissible public analogue of the sexual act :)
http://www.myspace.com/djligalize
elad (blackout)
Blackout

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Nov 27, 2006 21:25
It's about time that we will have more progressive labels from Israel.
Think Different is without a doubt a good compilation with realy good choice of music inside. And excllent cover design.
I also liked the way of the order of the tracks, good flow between tham.
My favourite tracks on this compilation are: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8
Keep the good work guys!
kristyandmoe

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Nov 28, 2006 07:06
Havent really enjoyed this release and apart from track 1 nothing else really grabbed my attention.
MercuryFall
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Nov 28, 2006 12:07
Very fine release IMO.

The AceVentura/Perfect Stranger track is an instant classic, and the rest is very enjoyable. It's been a long time that i didn't play the same V/A twice in a row. Done!!

Eager for the follow up, Echoes Rec! :-D
guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Dec 3, 2006 16:35
Hi All !

The fresh label - Echoes Records - is release finally the first sweet baby, which called "Think Different". The type of music here is a varied progressive by some of the best projects around such as Vibrasphere, Tegma, Fusi & Johnson. Also there is honorable expression for the Israeli projects such as Morax, Ace Ventura, Perfect Stranger.
This compilation in definitely promising by first impression, but we must check the music behind...

01. Perfect Stranger Vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace
The open-shot is come from the holy land by the two groovy minds of Yoni Oshrat & Yuli Fershtat. "Perfect Ace" is let me understand what is the meaning of the word - heavy . I'm still don't know where the hell this baseline is come from ?! simply a super-groovy beats with the most atmospheric vibes I've heard lately. Oh my god...the brake on 04:30 is a dance floor smasher (not something you hear frequently on prog music). A perfect track !!!

02. Paste - Down On The Streets (Echotek Remix)
Our lovely Micha Yossef aka Echotek is presents his re-mix for Paste's tune. Micha is maybe the only artist which combine soft full-on with deep progressive impressively..."This is true" says the vocal . This is the kind of tracks which take the vibe in the air one level up with pleasant style...what a beautiful melodies...delicious.
After the powerful begining of this comp, Echotek is keep the power in the air.

03. Fusi & Johnson - Respect
Mr. Fabio & Thomas Johanshon (Mapusa Mapusa) are the names behind the Fusi & Johnson project. This two talented guys were played an amazing sets in Israel this year. When they unite forces nothing can prevent them. You can hear the combine between the seniority of Thomas near Fabio's crazy brain. "Respect" is a super-professional track by the known formula with the European touch. Way to go guys.

04. Vibrasphere - Capsize
Before the remarks about this specific track, I'm must admit Vibrasphere is my favorite prog-morning project...now to the music it self . Robert & Rickard are show everyone what is a smiley track with all the happy elements, such as - positive melody, friendly baseline and morning vibes all around. Words are meanless here, let the music talk...

05. Ace Ventura - Go With Da Flow (Morax Remix)
Michael Reznik (also known as half of Triac dou) is brave enough for take Yoni's materials and change them by his point of view...lets check the results. Morax is developing a new electroinic line with tons of energies and personal touch. His new version is just force the listener to be focus and follow after the beats. I'm always bless for fat kicks, but here Michael is show me how much fat & groovy his kick. One of the most successful remixes in my opinion. The track is get Morax style totally.

06. Tegma- Bratislava Next
After a brilliant album on Tribal Vision Records, Omar & Jason are back with "Bratislava Next" track. This tune is a classic example for electro-prog music with funky effects and some cheesy melodies, which follow the track all over. In my opinion, the track is very nice and enjoyable, especially after the massive tracks before…if you look for track to flow with chose this one.

07.Fitalic - The Way
Robin Fitter aka Fitalic is let us taste some variation with his progressive-house. Robin is one of the best prog-house producers around the globe and this track is a simple improve for that. "The Way" is a collect of groovy beats with the right baseline…Fitalic is do it again with so much charm.

08. True Lies – If You Wanna
The brothers Sirko & Stefan (more known as Symphonix) get the respect for closing this VA. When we are talk about German project, the listener can not expect for something not professional or pointless – everything is just sitting well and the final product is definitely worth it. "If You Wanna" is high quality track with serious atmosphere and slow flow like it should be at the end of esteemed compilation like "Think Different".

All in all, this cd is full of progressive gifts with smart order of the track list. "Think Different" is one of my favorite comp's in this year and I'm highly recommend for every trance fan to take part on this special experience…

Available on Psyshop :
http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/ech/ech1cd001.html
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Dec 4, 2006 00:37
the Morax remix is so nice, reminds me of Goa a lot. A true psychedelic prog track. Sweeeet! I need to listen more to the other tracks.           .
Assaf Oren

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 9, 2006 04:18
Artist: Various
Title: Think Different
Label: Echoes Records
Format: CD
Released: November 2006
Cover: http://212.227.206.198/cgi-bin/zoom.cgi?ech1cd001_b.jpg:CDs/ech/ech1cd001..html:;

About Echoes Records

Echoes is an Israeli based label, specializes in progressive music. The label was founded in the beginning of 2006 by two best friends, Dani Leites and DJ Osho who shared a vision of creating a place to pull together quality productions from all corners of the globe. The main concept is raising awareness to the most innovative and cutting edge sounds in the available progressive scene. Echoe’s approach to artists is that they don’t work for a label, but with the label, as partner ship. This follows an understanding that in order to grow, artists need true faith and support – be it technical promotional, or moral. The intention is to achieve all this by talking less and doing more. V/A - Think Different is the debut release from Echoe's. Here we can find 8 astounding tracks from top artists from the world wide progressive trance sence and new comers.

1. Perfect Stranger Vs Ace Ventura - Perfect Ace (135 BPM)
The compilation starts with an interesting collaboration between Perfect Stranger and Ace Ventura. This particular track is probably one of my favourite tracks from this compilation. In this collaboration Perfect Stranger and Ace Ventura create a new style that words cant describe, i hope that this two will come up with more tracks together in the future.

2. Paste - Down On The Streets (Echotek Remix) (135 BPM)
Paste track down on the streers was released last year on the Wireless compilation on the German label Plusquam. This is a new remix from the Israeli artist Echotek also known as Micha Yossef, for me Echotek was realy promising producer after his first album that was released in Flow Records in 2003. But from some reasons he lost is way and start going to outher directions, his last album was a big disappointed for me but after hearing this remix i know that there is in him a true progressive artist that if he want he can do it, Echotek remix for me is also one of the highlights in this compilation, pumping with hard bassline and with brilliant break in the middale.

3. Fusi & Johnson - Respect (138 BPM)
My journey through psy progressive trance start in the beging of 2000, with influence from Hamburg based artists, as: SBK, Bitmonx, Buzz, Shiva Chandra, Symphonix and of course Fusi & Johnson, also known as Fabio and Mapusa Mapusa. Respect is a stable pumping and uplifting track, very good for the dance floor.

4. Vibrasphere - Capsize (137 BPM)
For me Vibrasphere 3rd album Archipelago is one of my favourite albums of this year. The album still spin on my cd player from time to time. Capsize is amazing track. Vibrasphere pure unique style, exciting emotions and floating melodiousness. Very recommended. This one is one of the best tracks in the compilation.

5. Ace Ventura - Go With Da Flow (Morax Remix) (132 BPM)
Morax is a promising producer from Israel and the solo project of one of the members of the Tec Trance project Triac. Last year Morax released his music in respected labels, as: Iboga, Domo, Blue Tunes, Flow and others. The original track from Ace Ventura Go With Da Flow released on the Globalise compilation in Flow Records. Morax remix gave the track a new observation, rolling bass line and excellent flow and very good building, this is how a remix should be.

6. Tegma - Bratislava Next (130 BPM)
To be honest as much as i use to dig on Tegma music all thos years ther last album Around the world in 80 minutes i was very disappointed. Whe i saw that in this track list there is a new track from Tegma realy didnt know what to expect. Bratislava Next is realy different and very good compar to the album. Very pumping and realy nice groove. I realy hope that thay will stick to this style its very good.

7. Fitalic - The Way (130 BPM)
Fitalic is realy talnted artist, his last and debut album was a big surprise, but for me i never realy liked his style of music i dont say its not good i say its not my kind of progressive. The Way is a deep minimal track with stable groove and delightful melodys. It have good moments in it.

8. True Lies - If You Wanna (130 BPM)
Warning the vocals will stuck in your head. The closing track is from the German brothers True Lies, also known as Symphonix or Montagu and Golkonda. I am a big fan of Symphonix music and this new side project is very interesting and different. Deep progressive with electro influence. I realy wait to hear more new releases from True Lies.

Calculation:

"Think Different" is one of the best progressive compilation released this year, today in a new age that psy progressive is sounds more like full on in slower bpm, and after a busy year of quality compilation from already big and known labels that for me always was something missing. Echoes came up with this brilliant release. Echoes direction is what i have been looking for long time, and as a new label ther first impression will stay for long time. I realy cant wait for more news from this label and i am sure that after this release we will have more exciting news in the future!
P.S: i realy liked the cover.

Favourites:

Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Dec 9, 2006 14:16
I also find Think Different one of the best progressive compilations of the year. the first 5 tracks worth the buy- i love the atmosphere they create and the deepness- splendid for night time.
favorites:
1, 2(!), 3(!), 4(!), 5.
Sound Surgeon
Crater / Mish-kah

Started Topics :  250
Posted : Dec 10, 2006 13:33
for a first compile this is wonderful work!

im sure future stuff will be much better, Osho knows the work
zeb nation

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Dec 11, 2006 21:30
Great Compilation, Tks Echoes records and tks Osho !!!

favorites :- 1(!),3(!),4(!!),5 (!!)

Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Think Different (Echoes Records, November 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance