Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Lime Light 2 (Tribal Vision Records, August 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - Lime Light 2 (Tribal Vision Records, August 2006)

psyreviews
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  71
Posted : Sep 20, 2006 05:58
Tribal Vision have become pretty much everyone’s favourite progressive label, probably with Iboga in second place, with a moody catfight for third. Their first Lime Light compilation was caned last year, and was the soundtrack to everyone’s journeys-back-from-parties, magic summer dancefloor moments, and sessions-in-bed with your significant other.

Lime Light 2, dropping at the end of the European summer festival, is an excellent continuation of the series. Smooth, dreamy progressive that sounds best in the sunshine with a beer in your hand (hey, it beats going to work) with a tracklist and BOM range (127-134) that’ll have you salivating.

Roman Rai kicks off with Inspiration, which does exactly what it says on the tin. It’s the same guy who did Liquid on the first compilation, and this has a similar a dreamy flow that picks up overwhelmingly tingly melodies, and has a breakdown whose children you want to give birth to. Fitalic’s Manufactured Miracles is more about layering and subtlety, both of which it delivers deftly, stopping halfway along for an epic, stretched breakdown that harps back to the mid-nineties. Ryan Halifax delivers possibly his best work yet in the shape of Give & Get: hooky and clubby, with flecked house pads getting those brain-daiquiris flowing.

Tegma’s 50,000 Watts is stronger for me than anything on their recent album. It’s more accessible, more fluid, more groovy and still retains their tiptop production. The breakdown sees things start to get heavy, in a semi-Wizzy Noise sort of way, at which point you’re going to find yourself falling in love, and falling fast. Top.

Sonify’s Grove Seductive is another belter, seeing Sonify go deeper than he’s gone before into a slinky, chaka-khan-esque groove moulded seamlessly in with an ecstasy-friendly topend that has you throwing your arms open to the sunshine; a classy vibe that’s maintained in Greed vs Sonic Cube’s Divine. Funny bunch these: together, they’re way greater than the sum of their individual parts. But this is a belter. Timeless, with electro-tinges and unstoppable funk; it’s a classic, every step of the way – end of.

Brisker & Magitman (better known to you and I as Elec3) go deeper and tecchier with Strike Back, which has a drop that ought to carry a government health warning. Next up is Lay Down from Solead, current scene darlings who have seriously outdone themselves on this one. Lay Down encapsulates everything that the current crop of progressive is aiming for. A cheeky vocal hook, a perfect blend of smooth and caustic, a groove that sucks you in, and a whole ensemble that renders it a seriously timeless moment in dancefloor hedonism.

Finally Vibrasphere make an appearance with Floating Free: housier than anything on their stunning recent album, and all the better for it, a fat soundscape with enough tickles and changes to keep anyone happy.

Which more or less sums up this album. Slater has done a sterling job in compiling this beauty, which should rightly be caned every bit as much as the first one was. Top class all the way, with a variety of styles taken care of, mastered by Solead and packaged brilliantly with some stunning artwork. What more can you ask for: the progressive bar has just been raised.

headbot
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  141
Posted : Oct 3, 2006 15:45
One of my best progressive releases for 2006 and one of my classics in my cdcase.

Too enjoyable,too workable for sets.

i love it for home listening and i play most of the tracks in my weekly residency sets here in Bank Greece and people enjoy it as much i do!

best tracks these of
Ryan Halifax & Tegma

www.cosmicleaf.com
mudpeople
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  113
Posted : Oct 4, 2006 00:41
My favorite is Greed vs Sonic Cube-Divine! So nice...

All in all a really great release!           .
full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Oct 29, 2006 01:22
VA - Lime Light 2 ( Tribal Vision, Jul. 2006 )

Track List:
1. Roman Rai - Inspiration - 127 bpm
2. Fitalic - Manufactured Miracles - 130 bpm
3. Ryan Halifax - Give & Get - 130 bpm
4. Tegma - 50.000 Watts - 132 bpm
5. Sonify - Groove Seductive - 133 bpm
6. Greed vs Sonic Cube - Divine - 127 bpm
7. Brisker & Magitman - Strike Back - 130 bpm
8. Solead - Lay Down - 130 bpm
9. Vibrasphere - Floating Free - 134 bpm

Tribal Vision Records is a progressive trance, house and electro label based on Prague, Czech Republic. Since the beginnings of the label 2 years ago, Tribal Vision has worked hard to define its position on the progressive scene, and is enjoying great success with healthy sales and a plethora of releases. Originally a Czech DJ and party organization group founded in 2001, 2004 saw its expansion into a record label with an intent of bringing something fresh, exciting and innovative to the progressive scene.

This is the 10th release of Tribal Vision Records, and their second compilation on their series Lime Light, channeling progressive influences from electro and house into psytrance. It was compiled by DJ Slater and mastered by Charles Michaud (Triptych/Solead/Motion). As usual with Tribal Vision, we got a nice cover, and an extensive booklet with info about the artists and the label. The excellent artwork was made by Milan Malik. And since we're talking about Tribal Vision Records here, just a fat booklet with an amazing cover art is not enough, they had to put a good-looking DJ sleeve as well, thank you so much for being like that.

So what we have here? Nothing less than an astonishing selection of tunes, all of them with their own story, but with something in common: the ability to keep me dancing and enjoying each time more the progressive side of psytrance. I'll comment some tracks

Roman Rai opens the compilation with a well built and involving track at 127 bpm (T1). It was difficult for me to like this first track, I had to listen it some times, but after listening the whole CD nonstop a couple of times I felt like this was the right track to open it. This happens because this release revolves around 130 bpm, seems like it was carefully compiled and a lot of time was spent into choosing the order of the tracks. The result is very pleasant to home listening. Give & Get (T3) was the first track here to really catch me. I never heard about Ryan Halifax before, but this track really made me happy. It has a positive atmosphere that makes me feel lighter while I'm dancing and enjoying it. To make things even better the next track is 50.000 Watts by Tegma (T4), one of the highlights of their Live Act, and trust me, their Live Act is packed with some of the most well crafted progressive gems around. It is different from the music on their last albums, but as good as them. Definitely one of my favorite proggy tunes this year. It is not a bad track, but also not my style. To my absolute surprise another of my favorite tracks here has only 127 bpm: it's Divine from Greed vs Sonic Cube (T6). So groovy and unexpected, our first meeting was like love, and I'm enjoying it. Solead present us Lay Down (T8) which is an interesting track with lots of experimentalism, I'm sure a lot of people has already picked this one as their favorite here. Vibrasphere finalizes this monstrous compilation with an exceptional tune, really makes me float and smile, this is what I call good taste in choosing the track's elements. Ah-ha! You thought I forgot to mention Fitalic's track, right? No way, Manufactured Miracles (T2) is sweet, though I must admit it's not my favorite here for the dance floor, it's excellent for home listening. But that's just me, for what I've heard this track is one of the highlights of the new Fitalic album, which means this shake the ass of the proggy-heads around the world.

Recommendation: Tribal Vision Records once again managed to put together a strong selection of tunes, in this release with more than 76 minutes of music. This release should be checked by everyone into the progressive side of the psychedelic music. Its perfect track order makes it outstanding for home listening, but I'm sure its real potential is only unleashed on the dance floors' powerful sound systems. If you're a DJ you probably already bought it.

Favorites: 3(!), 4(!!), 6(!), 8, 9(!).
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
ND
ProSect

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Nov 10, 2006 12:56
Hehe, full_on now you can change your nick to prog_on?

You missed my track, but if i'm not worng this line may refer to it: "It is not a bad track, but also not my style."

ND           Without Deviation, Progress Is Not Possible.

www.andivision.com
Sound Field / ProSect / Sonify / Radio Mess
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Mar 14, 2007 13:54
Very intelligent & groovy prog psy. Really like the house / electro influence on some tracks. For some one who dosen't listen to a lot of proggy music (like me) really nice stuff to groove to & expand ones musical boundaries. Favs are

Fitalic - Manufactured Miracles, Ryan Halifax - Give & Get, Tegma - 50.000 Watts, Greed vs. Sonic Cube - Divine
Travel, Without Moving.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - Lime Light 2 (Tribal Vision Records, August 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance