Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)

Suspekt
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  64
Posted : Mar 27, 2006 16:27
“G-Spot” compiled for Huda-G is Domo Records kick-off for the year- as a label they have been working very hard to make their mark, and running of the successes of last years releases- 2006 looks to be a very big year for Domo. Its very interesting watching the Israeli progressive scene unfold in the way it has lately- G-Spot definitely reinforce this.

Huda-G is one of Israel’s most in demand progressive DJs- his style is energetic, powerful progressive music with plenty of dancefloor appeal- at the forefront of the Israeli DJ scene he plays clubs and parties all over Israel every weekend.. G-Spot features artists like Aussie favourite Sun Control Species alongside Side-A, Morax, V-Tunes, Liquid Soul and Yotopia- assuring fans of more upbeat progressive are well catered for.

V-Tunes open the compilation with quite possibly the best tune yet- an instant highlight! A little bit more heavy than some of the V-Tunes stuff released lately- it wets my appetite for the new album coming soon (also on Domo). Percussive, deep, a little bit tribal- all the ingredients for a good track in my books! Reminds me a little bit of Insane Creation album- what do they put in Domo water?

Yotopia continue their run of nice ones with “Zoi”- these guys have established them as one of the most solid progressive acts in the world with their characteristic sound and massive production. Very groovy kind of feel to this one- a little bit lighter perhaps than some of the other stuff they have released lately. Playful melodic work, nice fun music for the daytime.

Next up is “Personal Visit” by Natural Flow vs Chromosome. Getting very melodic with this one- perhaps it was to be expected from this pairing though. Rolling sort of bass with lots of sweeping synths and melody work… Nice I guess if you like this kind of thing, but it wasn’t up my alley so much, taste wise.

While I might sound like a “melody hater” from my comment, I think done tastefully it can be done fantastically. Side-A’s “Alter Ego” is a perfect example of this- powerful, emotional and driving, with intelligent melody work- not too much overdone, just enough to give a great epic feel. I’ve been playing this one for a while and I must say it works a treat on the floor, one of my favourite of Oliver’s tracks for sure!

Liquid Soul seem to be doing quite well for themselves lately- “Colours” is them at their pounding best. Pretty strait forward in its approach, but I think dropped at the right time, that’s exactly what the dancefloor needs. Thundering bass covered by some grindy leads and heaps of drive. Tidy Stuff.

The jury is a bit out on the next Sonnenvakuum track “Rejected”- upbeat kinda electroish influence with a rolling bassline, disco-progressive? I can see how it could work- but again not really in my taste.

Aussie favourite Sun Control Species takes the comp right back into smasher territory with “Interactive”. I heard this track a lot last year on the dancefloor- I must say it was one of my favourite tracks of 2005. It’s great to see Drew getting some more exposure overseas, in my opinion he deserves a lot more recognition than he gets there. Hopefully with the release of a few new tracks like this on the international market will do good things for him. This is SCS at his best- Driving, emotional and atmospheric- with a hint of a spiritual touch (amazing chanting vocal sample- its imprinted in my memory), massive production and just damn good trance music. Highlight of the compilation for sure- Epic.

Aerospace is another artist from Israel getting a lot of comments lately, his remix of BLT and DJ Nadi’s Space Boogie further explores themes from his recent album. Interesting sound, nice groovy kind of bassline- reminds me a little of Yotopia even. Definitely solid, fans of the Israeli sound will no doubt dig.

Closing the comp is Morax- maybe some of you know him as one half of the tech-trance act Triac. Morax is his proggier side- he’s had a good couple of releases lately- but I reckon this is his best work yet without a doubt. Nice production with an upbeat tribalish kinda beat. Nice track to close up a comp that stuck very well to a theme.

While I didn’t like all the tracks- G-Spot definitely kept its consistency in sound- I wouldn’t say any track is bad- just a couple that weren’t so up my alley taste wise. I can get a good idea of Huda’s style, and I think this compilation will have a wide appeal to a broad range of people. Nice to see a think coverbook too- strange cover art though! All in all- a good package- Domo start their year solidly.

7/10

Open Records, Australia

www.open-records.net
Dance N Dust
Dance N Dust

Started Topics :  83
Posted : Mar 28, 2006 14:33
nice cd
best track's for me is 3!! 4,5!!,6,and 9
good compi from huda g
keep on the groove man
best from dnd crew           out now:
Aumrec – Before The Beginning ,EP
V/a Beat Wins , Compiled by DJ Asherun
Embargaa - Slova . EP
www.myspace.com/dancendustrecords
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Started Topics :  112
Posted : Apr 23, 2006 14:04
one of the best progg comps of 2006
after listening to it for numerous times and testing just about all trax on the floor i can finaly write a decent (more then 1.5 lines) review so here goes:

01. V Tunes - Progression [134 BPM]
the opener starts very well with great beat n groove and great lead sound. unfortunatly the track lacks a change in the middle and kinda fades out of interest after 5 minutes of the same sound. i heared better tunes from the V Tuners

02. Yotopia - Zoi [134 BPM]
Exelant track from the GMS of progg... great sound and production, one of my fav Yotopia tunes of late.

03. Natural Flow & Chromosome - Personal Visit [138 BPM]
great Freq'isg tune with a VBis bass line and very groovy techy beat and wonderfull very melodic melody. Works wonders on da morning floor

04. Side A - Altered Ego [138 BPM]04. Side A - Altered Ego [138 BPM]
very nice and groovy (yes its groovy) track from the french representative. Side A gets better all the time

05. Liquid Soul - Colours [135 BPM]
not the latest track that Kapu did but this one is a stormer. still sounds fresh after countless spinns on the CDjs. works everytime

06. Sonnenvakuum - Rejected [140 BPM]
exelant tune with a fat rolling bassline and heavy sounding beat. exelant for opening things up for some heavier stuff to follow

07. Sun Control Species - Interactive [138 BPM]
very groovy (yes again) track from the Ausi groove (thats right - again) master Drew. very flowing and lightly tribal

08. BLT & DJ Nadi - Space Boogie (Aerospace Remix) [136 BPM]
as the Robert Plant sample says: Groovy! (yes - aging)

09. Morax - At First Sight [136 BPM]
exelant closer for this copilation. atmospheric tribal proggy light and heavy all at the same time.

Bottom line:

as i said this is one of the best compilations i have heared in 2006. as a dj tool its a must for anyone spinning proggy psy (not house) and the trax order is (G)spot on. well done Judas!

G
          http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

Aerospace – Re Entry EP on beatport.com
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
Yuli
Retired

Started Topics :  40
Posted : Apr 23, 2006 14:15
Quote:

On 2006-04-23 14:04, GuyShanti wrote:

G

Guy maybe u didnt notice but Robert Plant says 'Boogie' - hence the name of the track..           A man with a "master plan" is often a woman
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Posted : Apr 23, 2006 17:22
Quote:

On 2006-04-23 14:15, Yuli wrote:
Quote:

G

Guy maybe u didnt notice but Robert Plant says 'Boogie' - hence the name of the track..

NO WAY! i swear i thought it was Groovy.... sounds like it much more then Boogie

Robert..... cant pronounce to save his life...

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/release/detail/276014/Re%20Entry%20EP
PsyTune

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 24, 2006 18:33
Quote:

On 2006-04-23 17:22, GuyShanti wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

G

Guy maybe u didnt notice but Robert Plant says 'Boogie' - hence the name of the track..

NO WAY! i swear i thought it was Groovy.... sounds like it much more then Boogie

G

heh....that's funny!! Listened to this track smth like a thousand times and never heard either "boogie" or "groovy"
You must be kidding guys
Anyways, great track and superb remix
Cheeeers           "And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music" Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
GuyShanti
Aerospace

Posted : Apr 25, 2006 08:53
Quote:

On 2006-04-24 18:33, PsyTune wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-04-23 17:22, GuyShanti wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

G

G

heh....that's funny!! Listened to this track smth like a thousand times and never heard either "boogie" or "groovy"
You must be kidding guys
Anyways, great track and superb remix
Cheeeers

ehhhhh.... in the intro before the beat kiks in and after the big last build up before the beat kiks in....

cant miss it but appareantly hard to understand

G           http://www.myspace.com/aerospacemusic

ZINI

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 27, 2006 17:12
Great comp. Always on. And I thinks its ‘Boogie’ also.
Beat Boy

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Apr 27, 2006 18:36
yes very nice CD, my fav tracks was 1,2

thanks for giving us great music

Cheers
Elad
Tsabeat/Sattel Battle

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Apr 29, 2006 08:41
very groovy party music
kick it right from the begin no cheese
need some more time to dig it in but indeed im sure this tunes can make peaple jump anytime

www.sattelbattle.com
http://yoavweinberg.weebly.com/
Pip
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 19:33
This is still a very good compilation for me.. even though it's over a half year old.. VERY GOOD! compilation..           "The Only Good System.. IS A GOOD SOUNDSYSTEM!"
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Jun 30, 2006 22:29
Quote:

On 2006-06-30 19:33, Pip wrote:
This is still a very good compilation for me.. even though it's over a half year old.. VERY GOOD! compilation..

I agree completely. Got it from the shelf just this morning and grooved away, enjoying it even more than I did the first few times I listened it. Is it the good weather?? Anyway, great compilation and the perfect follow-up to the 'Posse' compilation.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Jul 1, 2006 02:57
Most of the track are so good that they are timeless and will survive for ever!
          -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance