Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)

pr0fane
Multiphase

Started Topics :  418
Posted : Feb 24, 2006 21:55
Artist: Various
Title: G-Spot - compiled by DJ Huda-G
Label: Domo
Format: CD (Jewelcase with 16-page inlay)
Released: February, 2006
Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/dom1cd008_b.jpg

Review:

Domo Records is one of Israel's only psytrance labels focusing on the progressive scene, and with almost 4 years behind them, also one of the oldest. The label has had a good run so far, releasing compilations of generally good quality, and albums from well-known, yet not top of the line acts like Insane Creation, Sensifeel and Tomtron and Liesegang. "G-Spot" is their newest compilation, compiled by the Israeli DJ Huda-G, and consisting of 9 new tracks from both Israeli locals and international acts.

Before moving on to the track by track review, let me just mention the high-quality cover for the release - much like the standard from Tribal Vision Records, the cover contains an extensive 16-page booklet with information about all the artists involved, including pictures and previous releases - as well as background info about the label and it's previous releases. Also included is a small inlay for the DJ-cases (why they left out the BPM's is beyond me though) - very good job Domo.

01. V Tunes - Progression [134 BPM]
First tune is from the Swiss duo V Tunes, who had their debut-release on Domo's "Swiss Connection" compilation back in 2004, and since then have appeared on labels like Plusquam, Groove Zone and VP. "Progression" is your average progressive tune - pleasant use of sounds and good production, but it doesn't really have anything new to say. A nice enough track, but not very interesting.

02. Yotopia - Zoi [134 BPM]
After the release of the debut-album "Point Blank" on Flow last year, the Israeli duo Yotopia has really built a solid reputation around the world, and "Zoi" is another fine track from their studio. Generally the track is a bit less fluffy than usual - especially the bass is a lot deeper than their usual slightly plastic grooves, and that is certainly a nice touch. Good track, but with only 6½ minutes of playing time, I found it a bit too short.

03. Natural Flow & Chromosome - Personal Visit [138 BPM]
Next up is a collaboration between Swedens Chromosome (who's probably more well-known as part of Andromeda and Soul Surfer) and Natural Flow from Switzerland, the new progressive sideproject of Rumble Pack and Blue Vortex. Take away the 1 minute long intro with the corny sample about MDMA and you have another high quality track - Andromeda/Chromosomes touch seems most dominant, with lots of distinct, naive Andromeda-like melodies, and although it seems like I've heard it so many times before, it works like a charm.

04. Side A - Altered Ego [138 BPM]
"Altered Ego" is by Side A - a one-man project from France, who has so far appeared on labels like Groove Zone, Sub Machine, Candyflip and the late Tatsu Records. "Altered Ego" is definitely one of his faster and more trancy tunes, with a plethora of nice, uplifting melodies and a very sweet, innocent attitude. Surely a peak-time morning tune.

05. Liquid Soul - Colours [135 BPM]
Liquid Soul was definitely one of the biggest rising stars in 2005, and with appearances on Iboga, Plusquam, Flow, Plastik Park and many more labels, it seemed like he was featured on every progressive compilation released. "Colours" has some uplifting, yet subtle female choir-pads, and generally it is slightly darker than his recent releases, with less uplifting themes and a harder, stomping groove. Solid dance floor material.

06. Sonnenvakuum - Rejected [140 BPM]
Another Swiss project is Sonnenvakuum - despite relatively many releases over the years, they are probably most known for their housier sideproject Sonic Cube, with which they just released their 2nd album on Tribal Vision Records. "Rejected" is the fastest track on the compilation, and starts with a long and very atmospheric intro, before a rolling, yet not very dominant bassline is introduced. The track is quite melodic without getting too much, and the atmosphere is deep and thoughtful - at first it didn’t leave a big impression, but after repeated listens I consider it one of my favourites on the CD.

07. Sun Control Species - Interactive [138 BPM]
Straight from the bush-doofs in Australia comes Sun Control Species, an act known for both his deep and subtle tracks for the outdoors, as well as more storming progressive trance monsters. "Interactive" is somewhere in between - with its 138 BPM, it's certainly not his slowest track to date, but not the busiest either. A huge and very well-produced track - tribal, and generally with a very organic touch, with some clear FREq-influences. Watch out for the upcoming Sun Control Species album on Iboga Records.

08. BLT & DJ Nadi - Space Boogie (Aerospace Remix) [136 BPM]
BLT and DJ Nadi's classic "Space Boogie" is remixed by Aerospace, the new project of DJ Guyshanti, who was previously a member of Evil Drug Lords. For those of you who have heard the new Aerospace album released on Midijum, you'll be familiar with the style in this remix - fine progressive psytrance for the outdoors, light without getting fluffy - but never really stands out.

09. Morax - At First Sight [136 BPM]
Last but not least is Morax, the progressive sideproject of Michael Reznik from the tech-trance project Triac. "At First Sight" is a nice comedown for the compilation - the overall atmosphere is really pleasant, with delicious reverbed soundscapes. Towards the end the pace quickens a bit, and the ending with the "electro"-samples maybe a bit too chaotic compared to the rest of the track, but overall it's one of Moraxes stronger releases.

Bottom line:

I like the vast majority of the tracks on "G-Spot", but despite the relatively high quality, none of the tracks are truly amazing. You know - the kind of standout tunes that alone make a compilation worth the money. That aside, in a progressive psytrance scene focusing more on more on house-oriented grooves, "G-Spot" does overall provide a solid CD of pumping and trancy dance floor productions.

"G-Spot" isn't among the very strongest releases lately, but as a DJ-tool you'll definitely find good use for it.

Favourites:

2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9

Verdict:

7/10

Link:

Domo Records: http://www.domorecords.com
Read more reviews here: http://www.sunrisesupplies.com/?page_id=12           DJ pr0fane (Iboga Records) | Multiphase
www.sunrisesupplies.com | www.iboga.dk | www.soundcloud.com/pr0fane
Glen.C (Iboga Rec)
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  52
Posted : Feb 26, 2006 01:59
great cd for the trance end of the prog scene. Took me a few listens to get in to it but overall a good release that continues to push DOMO in a strong direction.

favs
1, 2, 5, 7.           http://www.facebook.com/GlenC.IbogaRecords
http://www.myspace.com/gleniboga
www.iboga-records.dk
Spikers & Midinoize - Lisbon Hooker (Glen C rmx) coming soon on Earhead Audio
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Feb 26, 2006 02:48
Good proggy compilation with some weaker standard tracks besides some pretty good ones. A solid buy.

Sun Control Species album eh? *sigh* It's becoming the 'Duke Nukem Forever' from the psytrance scene. Anyone into gaming will know what I mean by that.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
Mat N
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  272
Posted : Mar 2, 2006 14:14
i've been playing this cd over the last week, and man- i really like the Liquid soul- colours. this guy just keep doing it!
other favorites here are Sun Control Species, Sonnenvakuum, and Morax. overall, a very good compilation, for sure it will be useful
Reshef-Quantize
Quantize

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 05:31
Dj Huda_g give us here a tease of his progg dj sets,pumpming uplifting&groovy style!

every track here is work on the dance floore.

like Domos last compilations that broke the Progressive scence into small parts....and slowly but surly developing into the leading progressive label in the world.

the SOUND in this cd is the best that i heard
in the scence. clear..and TIGHT,and i meen CLEAR and T I G H T.
every digital mastering studio sould keep this cd on the working desk....and make some reference in the free time.

enjoy!

DJ Buju
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  70
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 14:03
Quote:

On 2006-03-07 05:31, Reshef-Quantize wrote:

the SOUND in this cd is the best that i heard
in the scence. clear..and TIGHT,and i meen CLEAR and T I G H T.
every digital mastering studio sould keep this cd on the working desk....and make some reference in the free time.

enjoy!

Agree on every word!
Mastering of this compilation is of higher standarts then we've got used to and really ze Notorious Mr Skinner as done a Fun-Fuckin-Tasstic job! imho.

Sounds just great!

BUju

www.domorecords.com
www.myspace.com/domorec
www.myspace.com/tupanrecords
Spintwista
Spin Twist records

Started Topics :  46
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 14:35
Hello

very nice compilation,thumbs Up!

Hannes

www.spintwist.de

www.vaishiyas.de

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 17:00
Domo music ia always something to look for. After the fantastic "Posse" compilation, the expectations are very high for the new compilation "G Spot". The man who compiled this comp. is Yehuda Narkis aka Huda G. "G Spot" compilation represent the unique style of Domo gang which is massive-groovy progressive with rare vibe.
I must say also a warm word for the big effort which putted on the booklet with full information about every artist and funny picture of Domo crew & the catalogue.

01. V Tunes - Progression
The first track on the cd is come from Swiss. Sando and Hans (which their albumexpected to be released on Domo records later this year) are experienced progressive artists and they know that the begining must be slow and developing, and thats why their track is open the comp.
The track it self is calm and not agressive at all, just pure kicks with avarage baseline and relaxing atmosphere. A smart building for a proffesional set...good work guys.

02. Yotopia - Zoi
The next to come is the very talented duo - Tomer Dayan & Yonatan Rimon. This guys just know how to produce a 'shake asses" hits on slow BPM. Here they are present them upgrade style which contain fat kick, slow baseline and full progressive power ! the brake on 03:20 is a promised dance floor highlight moment .

03. Natural Flow & Chromosome - Personal Visit
A combination oftwo project together. The BPM going higher now and the legs move faster now. The start of this track is so genious which force you to dance, even if you don't want to. First, there is jus a phat kick and some nice melodies but when the baseline enter, the combination of all the elements together create a magical groove. The track is always keep the right way and push more and more.

04. Side A - Altered Ego
Oliver Cambier is a young artist from France. His track here start with a scary & mysterious first minute and than go in a smooth kick and rolling baseline. By this track, I can see that Oliver is identified with his full on side. Beside that, there are also an unlifting melodies and morning atmosphere. The main brake is defienitely take the listerner to deep places because the emotional power of this playings.

05. Liquid Soul - Colours
The lovely Nicola Capobianco is take here a place of honor when his track located on the highlight of the cd. He decided to opent the track directly with his special kick which get support from a pumping baseline. The first three minutes are used as a building for what will come later. After than, the track keep the process and spread more vibrations on the crowd. I think I heard better tracks from Nicola but this one is for sure not one to miss.

06. Sonnenvakuum - Rejected
"Rejected" track is more deep and melodic tune. I think the track is produces more to the soul and less for the legs. It is take the listener to a wonderful trip of delusions.

07. Sun Control Species - Interactive
For his comp, Yehuda bring the so admired project SCS. Andrew is also going to release an album on Domo soon. Here you can hear a proffsional progressive which produced by the best formula. The track is always go forward. My favorite track for sure ! just amazing work of a brilliant artist. Thesee singing is so beautifull and the soft melody after, give a feeling of hope and happiness all over.

08. BLT & DJ Nadi - Space Boogie (Aerospace Remix)
Guy Shanti is released more tracks under his full on project "Evil Drug Lords", but now he with us under his proggy project "Aerospace". He is remixed the "Space Boggie" dance floor hit. Guy's touch is so sensed here - already from the kick I can identifie his style. He is just took the track to defferent and special direction - more slowly and developing.

Morax - At First Sight
Michael Reznik is the one whi close this compilation. Like as a good-end need to be, this one is also very positive and friendly with an end atmosphere. Good job here Michael !

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/dom/dom1cd008.html

guy cohen
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  417
Posted : Mar 7, 2006 17:42
Quote:

On 2006-03-07 17:00, guy cohen wrote:

Andrew is also going to release an album on Domo soon.

I wrote a mistake here.
Andrew will release a new album on Iboga of course and not on Domo, anyway good luck to him !
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 00:34
The long awaited compilation is finally out:

1. V Tunes - Progression

Well, the track is not the best choice to open. I personally like in compilations when there is an intro or a long opening in the first track to sit beck; set the mind with computable feeling, and get prepared. So not a gr8 opener, but 4 sure nice to hear.

===================================

2. Yotopia - Zoi
YoTo's sound doesn't need to be introduced. Skilled artists with jumpy mood.
After their track on globalize comp - bubbles - they continue with the same spirit.

3. Natural Flow & Chromosome - Personal Visit
It has a gr8 opening but already used drug sample. At this point the bass lines in the G-spot get fatter and stronger. The mood is deeper. some sounds remind good old Astral days a little bit. The old spirit with another overused effect of the digital belch - do know how else to call it. But still i like this track any way - puts a big smile on my face

4. Side A - Altered Ego
This is the first track that I heard by Side A - Very nice & impressive opening with shivering atmosphere. Dark effects in the background - the bass line is not in my taste here. I think he could have made something more creative with it.

5. Liquid Soul - Colours
Once is 100 tracks comes something unique and unforgettable. Not many artists in the world can produce this kind of extraordinary music. FREq is one of tham and LS is the next best thing since him. This track reminds me somehow Geronimo by Black And white.
Powerful bass line. This track is a work of art and the highlight of this album. As I said before, this kind of music comes once in 100 tracks. It's a rare talented artists, with strong sonic print trough all his tracks.

==================================

6. Sonnenvakuum - Rejected
Get a ride on this one, because this track is the funkiest chicken around. 140 bpm - the faster on this comp. change of mood is welcomed here.

7. Sun Control Species - Interactive
ACTUNG, ACTUNG!
Another once in a 100 tracks masterpiece here. What a gr8 work with ethnic atmosphere. This one will be remembered for ages. That's what I call progression!!!
The melody just gets me into very euphoric state in the end of the track.

8. BLT & DJ Nadi - Space Boogie (Aerospace Remix)
Shame on me! never heard the original classic but this one sure rock with guy's version of it thrilling moment; good flow.

9. Morax - At First Sight
The First track the I heard by Morax, aka Triac, was 'lost in the woods' and I was shocked. This guy can make music sound so original and unexpected. This time mista reznik did it again. the tribal tools he used - drums are a mind bomb.

-----------------------------------------------------------

-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
No doubt that this is the best compilation of 2006 so far. Huda made a long way to compile this. 2 tracks imho will be eternal classics 4 sure.

The booklet is an example to how a compilation booklet should be. Very detailed about artists info and even discography!!!

-=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
Acidhive
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  76
Posted : Mar 9, 2006 17:14
Quote:

On 2006-03-07 17:42, guy cohen wrote:
Quote:

On 2006-03-07 17:00, guy cohen wrote:

Andrew is also going to release an album on Domo soon.

I wrote a mistake here.
Andrew will release a new album on Iboga of course and not on Domo, anyway good luck to him !

A NEW album? Did he make one before then? I don't think so. Or did I miss anything? I hope you're not referring to those stupid 'promos' I see flying around on mp3 sites.           "Subconscious unravels at the point of death, and all time it has known erupts into a moment. As death extinguishes us, so we become it."

[Esoteric: Subconscious Dissolution Into The Continuum]
huda-g
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Mar 12, 2006 10:07
thenk u ppl for the good words!!!
DeathPosture
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  142
Posted : Mar 17, 2006 19:56
V/A – G-Spot

Cover: http://tinyurl.com/go448 + http://tinyurl.com/hppz3

Artist: Various
Title: G-Spot (compiled by Huda-G)
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Domo Records (Israel)
Cat. #: DOMO CD 008
Distribution: Psyshop.net
Date: 6 February 2006

Track listing:

01. 09’53” V-Tunes - Progression
02. 06’32” Yotopia - Zoi
03. 07’49” Natural Flow & Chromosome – Personal Visit
04. 08’28” Side A – Altred Ego
05. 08’06” Liquid Soul - Colours
06. 07’57” Sonnenvakuum - Rejected
07. 09’06” Sun Control Species - Interactive
08. 07’10” BLT & DJ Nadi – Space Boogie (Aerospace Rmx)
09. 08’53” Morax – At First Sight

.m3u-playlist: http://tinyurl.com/hdx9h (all tracks!)

Review:

Urethral sponge trance…

Domo Records from Israel is still on a trance mission to rid the local scene of all the fluffy full-on – and their weapon of dancefloor destruction is lush, plush, progressive trance… Whereas the Sensifeel and the Insane Creation artist albums were good, but not great, I really enjoyed last year’s Posse compilation… So I’m hoping this compilation will be up to par with that one… Let’s find out what DJ Huda-G handpicked for us…

Let me take you thru the tracks…

#01: V-Tunes – Progression [134 BPM]
Swiss producers Sandro Kulka & Hans Muester have impressed me with every single track I’ve heard from them… Very trancy and very upbeat progressive trance – and sure enough, this is another piece of straightforward, lush trance… Maybe not as good as some of their previous compilation tracks – and it feels like it’s a couple of minutes too long. So in that regard, it’s not really a stand-out track. But it’s still a nice, smooth track… Let’s hope the upcoming album is more refined…

#02: Yotopia – Zoi [134 BPM]
Israeli duo Yotopia (Yoni Rimon & Tomer Dayan) really impressed me with their track on the recent Iboga compilation Hibernation which was tight, funky and reverb-soaked progressive trance… So yeah, this is definitely edgier than the previous track – and that’s a good thing! Totally pounding, bubbling with joy and instantly groovy... Nothing too revolutionary, but a solid effort none the less… I dig it!

#03: Natural Flow & Chromosome – Personal Visit [138 BPM]
“MDMA […] it’s like getting a personal visit from god!” Natural Flow is Philip Guillaume & Andreas Marki from Switzerland – they are also known as Rumple Pack and Blue Vortex… Despite their many aliases and impressive release roster, I’ve only heard their track off the Aerocruz compilation – but hey, that was a real head-bob friendly tune… Chromosome is Anders Nilsson from Sweden who also has a long list of aliases and tons of releases under his belt… This track is pretty neat and full of joy… The drug sample seems oddly out of place though, but besides from that, this is basically run-of-the-mill progressive trance… Smooth, crispy and well-polished without going down in history… I kinda like the high-pitched melodies, but it’s not enough to grant this stand-out status…

#04: Side A – Altered Ego [138 BPM]
The tracks I’ve heard with Frenchman Olivier Cambier in cahoots with Vincent Courcot (Tetraktys/Motion) have been sweet, but on his own I’ve been easily bored with Side A stuff… Luckily that’s about to change, coz this is a very interesting tune… The grim, horid intro sets the eerie, nocturnal mood and soon the track is in full FX… Darkish, yet melodic progressive trance with huge pads and frequent little sound explosions… Hell yeah, it was about time Olivier – this is the best track I’ve heard from Side A and easily the best track off this compilation thus far…

#05: Liquid Soul – Colours [135 BPM]
Nicola Capobianco a.k.a. DJ Loudness (member of Earsugar) has made some real sweet compilation tracks in recent years, and this hard-hitting dancefloor stomper is no exception… This is pounding, playful and well-produced progressive trance… Very dancefloor friendly with its huge, reverb pads and psychedelic tweaks… Now there’s a combo I can embrace – this is s brilliant tune!

#06: Sonnenvakuum – Rejected [140 BPM]
Sonnenvakuum consists of Daniel Mueller and Ueli Schill (aka. Dustbuster, Sonic Cube and Sonic Soul) and these guys also have a ton of releases under their belt… The intro here is definitely the best on this compilation and the track itself, is pretty damn solid too… We’re definitely in a party mood now as this is the fastest track here… It’s melodic, it’s groovy, and it’s fast-paced… And if it wasn’t for the slightly cheesy tendencies and lame voice samples I would have loved this… What a shame! It still has some really nice passages though…

#07: Sun Control Species – Interactive [138 BPM]
I’ve never been a big fan of Aussie producer Andrew Davidson’s work, but that’s about to change after this track… This is huuuuuuge! Oh yes, this is very Australian-sounding progressive trance with long, floating pads soaked in reverb and seasoned with tasty, tight percussion… The drum programming is absolutely wonderful here and this track is destined to tear up the summer festival dancefloors… I even like the children’s choir samples – it adds to the euphoric-yet-not-cheesy atmosphere… Awesome! Bring on the album Iboga!

#08: BLT & DJ Nadi – Space Boogie (Aerospace Rmx) [136 BPM]
Space Boogie by BLT & DJ Nadi has been released a number of times since its initial release in 2000 – and here’s the remix by Aerospace (Guy Youngman who used to be in Evil Drug Lords). I do prefer the original, but this is not a bad remix… As the original it’s somewhere in between progressive trance and melodic morning trance – a hybrid… It’s cute, cuddly and very well-produced, but still it’s nothing to get overly excited about… But I’m sure it will come in very handy as a DJ tool for those crossover moments…

#09: Morax – At First Sight [136 BPM]
Michael Reznik from Israel has proved to be able to produce both hard-hitting as well as fluffy progressive trance… And I’m happy to say that this is more hard-hitting than fluffy… The beats are deep and pounding and they are a nice contrast to the fluffy, feather-light floating melodic pads… There’s also a couple of cool off-key percussion tricks + some electro action going on which makes this track very likeable, without being fantastic… But definitely a nice track to end the compilation!

Just as Posse, this is a pretty nice compilation… There are a couple of tracks that doesn’t really do much for me, but at the same time there’s a lot of really nice tracks – especially the middle part of the compilation has some real gems… Not as good as Plusquam’s Kodama or Iboga’s Hibernation, but we’re damn close… It works great for home-listening and I’m sure DJs will have a field day with it too!

There’s a really hot chick in the cover!! And that’s not the only cool thing about the booklet – it has extensive info + photos of all artists and it really feels like you get your money’s worth with a phat booklet like that… Sweet!

All in all, this is pretty sweet compilation and DJ Huda-G has a fine ear for dancefloor stompers… Domo fans will definitely take well to this and fans of plush progressive trance with a pinch of edge will most likely dig it too… Enjoy!

Favourites: 2, 4(!), 5(!), 6, 7(!), 9

DeathPosture

External links:
Domo Records: http://www.domorecords.com
Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/release/630290
Saiko Sounds: http://tinyurl.com/kstkn
Wirikuta: http://tinyurl.com/zkqqu
Psyshop: http://tinyurl.com/gfx7z
Chaos: http://tinyurl.com/l3su6
Juno: http://tinyurl.com/fw95r           On really romantic evenings of self, I go salsa dancing with my confusion...
nahimoff
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 10:58
thanks everybody for the kind words!
g spot is getting great feedbacks all over the world since its out we hope to go on providing and exploring new dimentions for you always!!           DJ NADI EarPeaks music Group (Domo/Tupan/Gat music)
www.domorecords.com info@domorecords.com
www.tupan-records.com www.earpeaks.com
Slater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Mar 20, 2006 12:51
Good work guys! Strong material for psy-prog lovers           Out now:
*V.A. - Vanguard vol. 3 compiled by Duca & DJ Slater
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - Various Artists - G-Spot (Domo, February 2006)

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance