Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA Weird Worlds - RealVision Music 2011

psyclone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 2, 2011 13:35:37
1. Nxum - Know your enema

This track starts off with weird atmospheric sounds, and is almost immediately followed by this hard, chest-thumping kick and bassline, which is just perfect for a larger than life soundsystem. It will send you straight into the tribal, forest zone.It’s very groovy, classic 'Parvati~Aarhus' style, and just how i like it !
The synthesis reminds me of a lot of Atriohm’s music - similar sounds, and layered in a similar fashion.
Great storytelling flows throughout out the track, with a lot of sticky, insect-like sounds everywhere.
Progressions happen seamlessly. There is no abruptness in switching between the different moods of this track. It’s very smooth flowing, and subtlely psychedelic throughout the track.
Perfect track for a rainy psychedelic morning I say !
Remind’s me a lot of Nolm style.

Groove - 8/10
Production - 7.5/10
Story - 8.5 / 10

2. Vertical - Mindmap

Every release of this producer has been a superkiller.
Last release Minotaurus was a dancefloor smasher.
Vertical has his own style I say, with his groove and really reverberant atmospheric sounds , and this track holds to that standard that this talented producer has set for himself.
Kick and bassline is really groovy, right from the start to finish. From the begining, all ‘em formant , sticky sounds are thrown in , and in perfect progression to something bigger and groovier and really powerful. All this while, the production is just great – every sound is so clear and transparent.
After the vocal sample, this track takes over you, and you can imagine a stormy , dusty dancefloor , with man and nature getting together to dance!
Sounds get stickier, chopped leads hit you right in the nerve, and the grins come on. This newfound power flows throughout the rest of the track, and keeps you craving for more and more, and you get it too !
The power element of this track, with the percussions & wobbly bassline, keeps going higher and higher.
At no point of time in the track, there is a dull moment which has the slighest bit of bore to it. It’s completely exhilarating and just perfect to make a dancefloor go wild!
4 minutes onwards, and all you’re gonna be saying is – I want some more LSD. Great synthesis, powerful sounds blending beautifully, sticky acid leads, great groove – the works! Chopped sounds nicely placed and arranged, hence leading to a very very groovy track.
Hats off to Vertical for this great track. It just takes you higher, higher and higher!

Groove - 9/10
Production- 9.5/10
Story - 9/10

3.Fractal Error - Searching for the unknown

My review for this track is purely neutral, because i haven't heard much from this producer.
I must say, the Style changes drastically with this track to powerful nighttime psytrance, unlike what Vertical and Nxum delivered earlier, with a ‘bouncy groove’ being the backbone of their tracks.
Also, I find the synthesis of this track to be simple, with minimal tweaking and hardly any use of effects to blend in sounds- a technique which is complex, but many good producers use to make the track groovier and better.
Just 2 minutes into the track and i say the mix can be better. Sounds i say don’t blend too well into the track, and do not please my ears.
The style is purely nightime dance , and to be honest, it’s not a style which i prefer. Half the track isn’t over yet, and i’m already bored. Waiting for some punch to kick in, but it doesn’t happen, and i end up disappointed.
I wish some sounds could be more sticky and acidic. At least i would want to grin.
This sound i feel is not extraordinary. Synthesis is very amateur. One track i didnt really enjoy. Only thing that keeps this track alive (somewhat) is last 2 minutes, which take you a little high, but i’m still disappointed.

Groove - 7/10
Production – 6.5/10
Story - 7/10

4.Papiyan - 11 11

The first thing i notice in the track is the cracking bassline. It’s very unique , and very clean and bouncy !
This guy's groove just gets groovier with every track.
Tommy has developed his own style over the years, but nevertheless, he continues to innovate and experiment some more over this style, and this leads to every track being unique and different, but at the same time , retaining the “Papiyan” element. This track is yet another blaster from the Papiyan bandwagon.
From the start, it’s really groovy and has some really trippy sounds that are arranged really well and add to the bounciness of the track. A lot of sounds are thrown in – the words coming to my head are metallics, organic, insects, creatures, forest – and all this blending together very well. Kudos to this talented producer who knows his style so well.
3 minutes down, and it begins to get deeper. Sounds get more atmospheric, filter cutoffs are tweaked, groove is slowly established and then it goes on, and on , and on. Progression begins, and the track gets more and more intense – not failing to make you wanna bounce harder and heavier.
And the mix! Beautifully crafted sounds, layered beautifully, levelled and mixed like butter!
All my psygasmic cravings are satisfied, and i bow down to Tommy Papiyan for this smasher of a track.
Ode to a forest!

Groove : 9/10
Production : 9.5/10
Story : 9/10

5.Purosurpo – Atmospheres

I’m really surprised to find a purely atmospheric track on this VA, but what do you know, it fits! It serves as a welcome break between groovy forest psytrance and weird and twisted sanaton records style nightime stuff. And this track does give you quite a hint about what’s lying ahead.
The sounds of this project have always been unbeatable as far as psychedelia is concerned. The layering, the synthesis, the production is fantastic. Sounds are warm and sticky as hell.
I can’t judge this track from any other point of view other than production and synthesis – and from these two viewpoints , i say this track is super.
There is yet another viewpoint i can judge from – FEEL. The feel of this track is really really trippy and dark! It’s a brilliant piece of work.

Groove : N/A
Production : 9/510

U can take me away from the freaks...
but u can't take the freak out of me...
psyclone
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  18
Posted : Sep 2, 2011 13:37
6.TrogloTaigen – Droppen

Weird modulations and trippy atmospheric sounds mark the order of this track, from the very start. Sounds coming upfront and moving back to the background, flying around from left to right, a lot of LFO usage – the mood for this track is set – trippy, psychedelic and squelchy !
One and a half minutes onwards, as this track progresses, the first thing i notice is the production – it’s really a pleasure listening to this track – it’s very airy, warm , reverberant , and a pleasure to listen to. The groove kicks in, and is really bouncy! Sounds merge with each other well, creating trippy atmosphere, and the groove is bouncy too. A lot of playing with the stereo image – but not overdone.
I love the use of hats and other percussion elements – they’re mixed so well, blend so nicely into the mix and have a very ‘sweet’ edge to them.
The overall feel of the track is dark. The sounds are very unique – synthesis is really extraordinary. The atmospheres and soundscapes that the producer manages to create are very luring and extremely psychedelic.
4 and a half minutes down, and a break sets in. Thereafter, percussive elements get harsher, and the track gets more intense and powerful, but so beautifully! Minimal, chopped atmospheric sounds rule the background, while trippy reverberant pitch-shifting leads take over upfront. And all layered so well, completely eargasmic! Lead at 7:15 turns the track around, making it so much more powerful and enjoyable.
All in all a beautiful piece of art, a very luring track! Great skill from TrogloTalien !
I love the mix. The audio spectrum feels full and warm!

Production : 9.5/10
Story : 9.5/10

7.Already Maged : Iridescent Moor Creaking

The way this track starts, it reminds me of the classic Chaotic Secrets by Encephalopaticys. But a few seconds into the track, and i notice the flow is eerie , rather than groovy , in contrast to the track mentioned above. A minute into the track, and the feel is now very tribal. The groove is tight and powerful. Atmospheric sounds are eerie. Percussive elements are well sequenced and arranged – hence the tribal vibe.
Leads are nicely modulated and are very sticky , acid , trippy. One a half minutes down, and the tribal vibe has just gotten stronger. Half a minute more, and the bass is in your chest! Imagine the dancefloor dust once again, confusion all around, but still a great vibration 
The track flows from one part to another very nicely – all parts connected orderly and blending well with each other – the sign of an experienced producer. Bassline keeps changing throughout the track, hence changing the groove and the feel – but the track continues to retains its tribal psychedelic elements throughout.
Synthesis is great – sounds are crisp and fit well in the mix. Overall feel is hard, dark and psychedelic.
Sound are cut and arranged very well. Every gap has been filled with psychedelia.
Come 5 and a half minutes , and the track just got that much groovier! Dance elements such as a triple headed bassline and punchy kick come in , buttery looped leads and squelchy atmospheres too !
A track for the lysergic forest i say !

Production : 9/10

8. Skydda Skogen – Oneiro

Follows tail of the previous track and continues with the eerie feel.
After the first break, trippy leads are introduced overlapping each other and creating a very trippy atmosphere, which dissolves gradually, and leads to a more furious chopped lead – an element that makes this track quite groovy. This flow continues for a minute or so, and a ‘frenzy’ is established.
Upon arrival of the next break, the psychedelic quotient just got higher. Trippy, industrial leads kick in and overpower every other element in the track . They take complete control and make this track extremely psychedelic. All this going on, the mix is beautiful, and production is ear-pleasing!
In half a minute or so, a subtle change in the groove makes it tighter and punchier. This is followed by a superb percussion loop that is so groovy and tight. Dancefloor is back!
Drum hits and percussions throughout the track have a very ‘live’ feel, which give the track an acoustic and live feel. Great work with these elements, they make the track stand out.
The flow of this track is great. It continues in the same style as the previous 2 tracks – with fundamental changes in the track after every break, no particular progression – and every ‘part’ is psychedelic as hell .
Sounds here are sticky, reverberant, atmospheric – and they fit perfect. Distorted, chopped leads kick in after a while and create some chaos!
The break after 6.30 leads to a very hard groove and an over-distorted lead which will drive you absolutely insane on a mammoth dancefloor.
All in all, super track with a great story!

Groove : 8.5/10
Production : 9/10

9. Umma Gumma – Sweet Marie

This track has a dark, eerie atmosphere from the very start. A few seconds into the track and twisted leads begin to create a very trippy ambience. Groove is warm and nice. New sounds come in , all very trippy, twisted and unique, hence creating a nice forest story. My imaginations’ running wild – to my mind come trees, wilderness, insects, rituals and other things that comprise the ‘tribal’ vibe.
After the first break, the groove gets harder, with a rolling bassline, dancy percussions and chopped leads that make your legs shake and make you wanna dance. The style nows comes close to ‘parvati records’ style of music, which is usually twisted yet extremely groovy. This very sticky groove continues till nearly the 4th minute of the track, followed by a break, and then the groove gets even more thunderous. Here, one can imagine a ‘lost-in-space’ feeling among the people on the dancefloor, waiting for something more to happen and attack, and the artis delivers beautifully herafter with amazing forest , organic atmospheres and leads, weaved beautifully together, along with progressive percussive elements.
The synthesis is just beautiful. Sounds are so organic and hit you right where it needs to. Production is great – warm is the keyword. It will be amazing to hear this track on a big soundsystem.
Fusing different styles of forest psytrance to create something deep and powerful is what this artist has managed to pull off fantastically. Kudos!

Groove – 9/10
Production – 9.5/10
Story – 9.5/10

10. Whrikk – Roboganda

Whrikk music has always been deep and lethally psychedelic. This track holds up to that .
It starts off with this weird and ‘off’ sounding bassline. But it’s a Whrikk track, what do you expect? 
Gradually, as expected, the track progresses into a more common groove. At the start at least, this track focuses more on layering and weaving different trippy sounds together. It isn’t dance-centric. Just when you thought it wasn’t, the groove picks up and gets very ‘dancy’. An atmospheric break happens, more sounds fill up the atmosphere, and now there are so many breaks, a lot of glitching, a vocal sample, confusion on the dancefloor – followed by a powerful groove and sticky sounds that make you wanna dance again, and followed by another break!
Storytelling is so beautiful, from one groove to a break to another break and then more sounds connected intrinsically , and then another groove! Delays used beautifully, reverbs used precautiously and layering done so well. The groove has a very acoustic edge to it, namely, the open and closed hats of the track.
At around 5 minutes, the track has just gotten very intense with metallic leads, surprisingly warm and psychedelic, and a delicious bouncy bassline to go with it.
Sounds get more intense with time, so does groove, and so does the trip! The trip is constantly shifting – from a powerful earth-shattering stomp, to a lost-in-the-woods emotion, and then a fly-into-the-sky climax!
And the way it ends, with a seashore ambience, left me breathless !
Great track from the Whrikk bandwagon. I envy those lucky mates who heard track at European festivals this year when it still wasn’t released!

Groove – 9/10
Production – 9.5/10
Story – 10/10

All in all, I’d give full marks to this VA. There are two very distinctive sub-genres of Forest Psytrance that are contained in this VA, with a breaker track in the middle (by Purosurpo). The first half is very groovy with top-notch, respected producers featuring (I say) their best releases this year till now. The second half features a style that is not as dance-centric, but focuses more on the storytelling aspect of the music. The flow from TrogloTaigen to Whrikk’s track is amazing. Played non-stop, it can lead you to a very serious state of psychedelia. The story is heavy and deep and very very ticklish !
Kudos to Rami and Phil from RealVision for this fantastic release. To place tracks so appropriately that they build up in style and intensity so perfectly is no easy job.
All the best for future releases. And thank you for my copy !

Dhvani music
www.soundcloud.com/dhvani-music
          U can take me away from the freaks...
but u can't take the freak out of me...
alientrancesistor
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Sep 3, 2011 12:23
once again great review by psyclone as he always does

This album for sure is a must have...as psyclone mentioned 2 distinct styles...from purosuropo track onwards its pure psychedelia...wow what a story...and one weird (in a nice way) thing abt this cd is tracks are mixed from 5th track onwards...which is rarely seen after i heard the whole album i got to know why have they done that!!!...it fits in perfectly for the whole concept....all tracks are good in its own way...great dance floor tracks and pure psychedelic story telling tracks!!!!

job well done boys (phil and rami)....one of my best releases of 2011 i loved all 10 tracks!!! but i cant resist to say this that vertical is rapidly growing....he is a MONSTER!!! ..bravo!!! what a track...joonas awesum man!!!

all the best real vision crew waiting for ur next edition!!!           www.vantaravichitra.com
VA- Exist Prime OUT NOW!
VA - Schismatic Transposition OUT NOW!
Real Vision Music

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Sep 3, 2011 13:58
Thx for the great feedback guys !!

Just one thing,the whole cd is mixed - take one more listin

Kind regards from Hamburg - Rami
          www.realvisionmusic.com
alientrancesistor
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  31
Posted : Sep 3, 2011 14:47
ooops sorry!!! i dint listen to the cd... rami u know what i am talking about right           www.vantaravichitra.com
VA- Exist Prime OUT NOW!
VA - Schismatic Transposition OUT NOW!
Digital Shiva Power
Digital Shiva Power

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Sep 3, 2011 15:37
Awsome Compilation Big Boom Rami & Phil
Frequency-Mafia

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Sep 3, 2011 16:44
ah Great work Rami & Phil

ShakalanskY oncski puff Fm ; )
minus
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  103
Posted : Sep 4, 2011 22:33
real nice release! loved it! perfect forest sound!
insane
Silent Horror

Started Topics :  67
Posted : Sep 5, 2011 13:55
for sure, purosurpo is a BIG surprise in this one sooper dooper atom spheres
          ------------------------------
NEMESIS - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2007
PATTERNS EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2009
SEANCE - DEVILSMIND RECORDS - 2011
PATTERNS II EP - DEVILSMIND RECORDS _ 2013
Frequency-Mafia

Posted : Sep 6, 2011 16:03
ho Yeah!!!! Great work Rami & Phil

booOmzZ Fm
_mariO
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Sep 7, 2011 02:07
wow what a release!!... i enjoyed a lot all the tracks.
@psyclone ..To be honest i enjoyed Fractal Error's track i found it very entertaining... maybe diff to the other tracks' style but a cool one.

Skydda Skogen, Papiyan, Vertical, TrogloTaigan, Umma Gumma, etc all are massive!!!!
and yeah, Purosurpo is a big surprise over there nonetheless very killer ambient track and very nice to see a label does that to an album with an intermediary ambient track!!...

thumbs up for Real Vision! this is a must have
Gizmo77

Posted : Sep 14, 2011 00:30
Is it CD or CD-r?
extended vertical
Vertical

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Sep 16, 2011 18:49
Quote:

On 2011-09-14 00:30, Gizmo77 wrote:
Is it CD or CD-r?