Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]

Setherian
Setherian

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 6, 2004 18:22
one of the best comps this year... i love tracks 2 , 5, 6 n 8.           The Devil Is In Detail!
Morus

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Apr 8, 2004 09:35
Analysing the compilation as a whole piece, I can say that for me it is the best Com.pact release so far! One of the best v/a's I've ever seen, it actually surprised me a lot showing up with most classic well known projects and one which I haven't yet heard about: Aquatica. Anyway, all tracks sound like the wonderful and yet known Com.pact style.

1) Cosmic Tone - The Cosmic Story

==> There couldn't be a better way to start the journey. A cool and relaxing track, with very well placed elements and sounds, built up to keep us under its control, almost hypnotized. Surely, another beautiful Roei Nissan's piece of art, as usual.

2) Ultravoice - Dr. Trance

==> Without any doubt, together with "Block", this is the best Avi Levi's track so far! Interesting start, gives the track a calm feeling, which quits in the first break, when starts a nice synth sequence and then explodes in a groovy bassline. The second break really builds a expectation mood for what will come after it, and finally, explodes again in an even groovier bass+synth sequence. Nice for the morning time. Good job!

3) Intelabeam - Xtatic

==> A slow track among some a little bit harder others, but still one of the best! The percussion in the misterious intro gives an idea of what this track is about. A proggy-like style, amazing vocal pieces samples at the middle, combined with uplifting hihats and percussion. After the second break it gets a little harder, but still works perfectly in every proggy set or even in a less "hitty" full on set. Very nice work by Dan.

4) Sirius Isness - Micro Tunes

==> Those guys are atonishing me more and more. Max and Davina are a must hearing, their music is, without any doubt, building a futuristic trance style which will lead the scene from now on. Very well made tunes, intelligent overwhelming bassline+synthline+drums combination. Congratulations to these mexican duo. (are they fro Mexico indeed or am I wrong?)

5) Visual Paradox - What Is Flicky

==> Finally, the track I liked most in this V/A. Man, you cannot imagine the effect it caused when I played it last week! A complete dust-lifter body-shaker tune. Worked perfectly at night, and must surely work at the day as well. Bog and Uriel have got to do more tracks like this one. I don't know about the Visual Paradox last album, but if it's like this track, I'd really like to have a chance to have it somehow. Good job!

6) Apocalypse - Master Peace

==> Itai Yona again with his yet known splendid work, this time with a real "master piece" indeed! This track starts the second phase of the record: a more melodic side of it, as the 3 tracks that will come in the sequence. Well done piece of work, with a trwmbling break which ends in a funky full on sequence that will break the floor! After that, a cool melodic composition, sounding like child tunes or videogame sounds. Nice one!

7) Aquatica - Side Off

==> The faster track, done by, at least for me, a new or maybe just not so well known project in the scene. Even so, the guy under the name "Aquatica" seems to be yet an expert at producing killer tunes. Very interesting deep and long intro, cool synth sequence that makes it sound powerfully hard but still melodic, then after its middle it gets less harder but still keeps up its main mood.

8) Ultravoice - Far Away (Bizzare Contact Remix)

==> Again, another duo which is making a kind of trance wich will lead the full on scene soon, with melodies that seem to have been made by real musicians, like in all their tracks. This remix shows their advanced technique on combining electronic elements and building magical tunes which will surely be part of most dj cases. Can't wait to hear their album!!

9) Sesto Sento - Blue Leprechauns

==> Yeah, the sesto guys showing up again with their unbelievable work, presenting this time a real pearl and teaching how to blast the dancefloor even under 136 bpm! Always with cool and well constructed melodic lines. Cute melody sequence at the end, suitable to finish a gorgeous compilation like this one.

Congratulations Efrat for that magnific compilation, I loved it! Keep on the hard, serious and always nice work.           www.myspace.com/djmorus
mist
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  68
Posted : Apr 19, 2004 17:05
Crave the brighter side of music, the place where all tones join in frolicking good vibes? Well, look no further. With Blue Leprechaun, DJ F-Rat has compiled a little piece of heaven. The tunes presented are upbeat, bouncy, and melodic. The pads are lush, the sounds are well put together, and the beats and builds are made for dancing feet. The production is tight, as you’d expect from a Com.Pact release. Tempos vary from 136 to 145, offering a whole host of uses and feelings. On the whole, a solid release that is going to appeal to the club people who have never heard of psy before. A must buy for fans of the progressive Israeli sound.
          Are you connected to yourself?
http://soundcloud.com/justincaseboy
Hodi
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Apr 20, 2004 14:05
some of the best israeli full on in a great compilation starting by the cover!!
worth buying for israeli fullon lovers...           u can find "Anything U Want" using the search...
Nachummm

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Apr 20, 2004 21:21
nice one Efrat!!
Or Elbaz

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Apr 28, 2004 17:23
a very good compi it is...

very good work by Efrat & the Com.Pact crew, this VA CD is full of massive powerfull tunes&beats

my selection r:
{Apocalypse - Master Peace} a sure master peace!!
{Sesto Sento - Blue Leprechauns} very good tunes!! keep up mates!

we shurly need more woman power like Efrat in the trance scene!! keep on woman!!

cheers 2 all the Com.Pact crew!
Rain
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : May 20, 2004 00:39
At last...

goatrance tells a story but the powertrance had lost this a little bit by always waiting for the climax and then boem done !!!

But this album does it al... talking about this and talking about that al the time... very sensitive... just the way I like it...

Best numer is siriuss isness - microtunes...

still I listened to their new album but it doesn't mean if you like microtunes that you will like 'resolution of duality'...
Don't get me wrong... it is a good album but not what I personally expected... the sensitive tunes aren't there... it is more average powertance...I'm a little bit disapointed about that but I think my expectations were too high..
It's like a party... when you expect nothing before starting it always turns out good...

still respect siriuss isness a lot and I'm very impatitient about there new releases...

I believe that variation and precission is the key to good powertrance and siriuss isness has found it... still they are searching and got to find the way...

succes... :):)
PsyUNIT
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Jun 20, 2005 15:59
Altough i been listening to this cd for almost a year now, still haven't grown tired of it.
An example of what good full on should sound like.

The best tracks for me are:

UltraVoice – Dr. Trance
Intelabeam – Xtatic
Sirius Isness – Micro Tunes
Visual Paradox - What Is Flicky
Apocalypse – Master Peace
Aquatica – Side Off

Good one Com.Pact & DJ F.Rat.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Travel, without moving.

full_on
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  279
Posted : Jun 20, 2005 16:39
I bought my original copy this month, mainly because of "What is Flicky". Great track, good compilation!

I have to listen it some more times...
Respect!           .
...Be gentle with the earth...
...Dance like nobody's watching...
...I don't mind not going to Heaven, as long as they've got Coffee in Hell...
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Jun 20, 2005 17:17
this Sesto track still roxxx           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
efrat@com.pact

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Jun 21, 2005 23:08
I am happy to hear that people still buy original CDs and enjoy my compilation more then a year later.. thanks!!!
I am still playing this compilation myself and of cores love it very much.
I already released a comiplation "Star Dust" on MoonStone Rec and now I am releasing the second one "Vox Draconis", I think they are very different but also have the same touch... and I am still very attached to my first one.
Anyway I guess good music never get's old.

F-Rat
          enjoy life
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance