Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]

A.Rosengren
Solid Snake

Started Topics :  266
Posted : Mar 8, 2004 15:53
Opening up with a tune from Cosmic Tone also a frontfigure at Trancelucent Productions as far as i know, Its a good opener track, not to much and not to little either... Mellow and nice.

Followed up by Ultravoice with the doc of trance, pads flowing here and there with a pretty inspiring chord pattern... Will work on the floor like a charm!

Moving towards rough water with Intelabeam (who is this guy anyway) This is my kind of groove today, working me up and down with percussions and synth hits. Evolves into something more hypnotic yet keeps you on earth.

Lets get down with Sirius Isness, recognizable children giggling in the start... Swiftly turned into kickbass combination with the pads and the introish feeling remains for a while. Nothing new for me in here so we move on.. Some of you will definatly like this.

All of you music producers know what a "bitcrusher" is and that little machine modulates the coolest ant freakiest sound ever! percussion in the Visual Paradox track is loaded with bitchrushed little tantalizers! This track was probably produced under the same period as the 2nd album... closing it up in style! Floor music!

Its time for the Apocalypse and its here with master peace, flowing melodies, flowing beat, Put some work into their bridges and breaks, i like that in a producer...

New artist for me under the name of Aquatica, Elad Asy i see in the booklet... Should be intresting. Opens up as a soundtrack and comes down just like a 145bpm com.pact release should! The structure could be slightly better but overall it has its moments... Floor burner in israel eyyy?

Second Ultravoice track of the day, remixed by our forum spammers themselfs Bizzare Contact, Yes Kfir im talking about you! :spy:
Cmpared to the track i just heard, this is more layed back with chopped pads and a cute little 303 line stuffed back in there somewhere.

Our journey ends soon but its time for the 3 little leprechauns Itai, Aviram and Matan to say goodbye, they do it with grace, they do it with style and they do it with one hand in the air screaming YALLA!

Tracklist:
1. Cosmic Tone – The Cosmic Story
2. UltraVoice – Dr. Trance
3. Intelabeam – Xtatic
4. Sirius Isness – Micro Tunes
5. Visual Paradox - What Is Flicky
6. Apocalypse – Master Peace
7. Aquatica – Side Off
8. UltraVoice – Far Away (Bizzare Contact RMX)
9. Sesto Sento – Blue Leprechaun

Bpm Range: 136 - 145

personal favs: 3 & 9!!

Verdict:

Good release from Com.Pact records, as usual i dont settle for less from these people... This was Dj F-Rat´s first compilation and im pretty sure its not the last one. Atleast i hope so... Maybe i have the musical mind of a woman. who knows... we connect...

A
CLAW
CLAW

Started Topics :  117
Posted : Mar 9, 2004 02:01
Very good... Tumbs up to the ppl of Com.Pact records           • Noize Conspiracy Records •
http://soundcloud.com/c-l-a-w
https://www.facebook.com/CLAW.cy
homsy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  158
Posted : Mar 9, 2004 17:44
F-RAT COM.PACTS RECORDS MIGHTY WOMEN - the force and power behind this fine establishments, delivers a CD which not only kicks the mates ASS on the dance floor but also enhanced and filled with emotion and innovative minds.

full review on www.psymag.com will be published soon...           Trancelucent Productions
http://www.trancelucent.com
----------------------
Boa Distribution
| info@boadistribution.com | http://www.boadistribution.com | FAX: +972-46101463 | Tel: +972-524742297 |
--------
PSYMAG.COM - GLOBAL TRA
efrat@com.pact

Started Topics :  4
Posted : Mar 10, 2004 22:42
Intelabeam is an Israeli guy, he released a track on Neo Robotics (an amazing track by the way) and on Maia rec. with Pixel.
          enjoy life
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Mar 11, 2004 07:46
Very good compilation. Not the usual repetitive boring full on. See how women can do things so much better?
          Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
babla
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  82
Posted : Mar 12, 2004 14:07
well well f-rat has done it this time - a very nice selection - i must say that my fav track from the compilation is what is flicky -

also love the apocalipse track for the mornings. ..... also love mico tunes - good jo lady dj - keep it rollin

babla

......I'm not lost, i'm just looking for the ppl who drove me here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~((3ö))~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Mar 12, 2004 19:57
Opening on a strange sound (which will appears again several times),an african horn or an old tarzan who get cold , follows a sweet , fluffy melodic theme breaked by robotized voice. The sharp sound delivering the melody confers to melancholy, it’s without counting on unforesee ‘ouh yeah’ sample which cuts down the emotionnal touch transferring the tune into a cosmic dancefloor step forward.

Dr Trance gave recently this medical advice in order that everybody keep in good health & improve his auditory’s capacity :
-listen daily carefully to Ultra Voice – Dr Trance during a full week.
If symptoms persist, don’t hesitate a single second & let’s increase the dose :
-listen this track 3 times a day :morning, midday & at night till achieving result.
Furthermore there’s no worry of moderation due to no major secondary effects detected upto now except smiling faces, jumping & dancing people.

Xtatic is tribalistic a bit, exotic through some woman chants but also peaktime night-full on axed & of course is kickin’.

What the fuck is doing Sirius Isness here, i don’t know as it’s so insipid to me : creativity (?), very common sounds, it’s impossible to catch the melody ; only for Spun harcore lovers. I think it’s due to multiplication of artists like this if the trance is going down. I wish this band & lots of others will change quickly their productions & really learn how to make music.

Indeed before listening this one , my thought was Uriel to be better when solo for uplifting full on tunes & Dj Bog better in solo for morning stuffs. If i compare What Is Flicky with the other Visual Paradox’s productions (without featuring) on All You Can Beat, the verdict is easy : it’s their best tune & proves me the processing optimization way of their complementarity. It just a pity it wans’t released on their album.

Shrill , & twisted metallic tones like Beat Hackers but in a softer & more complex-densified musical background coppled with a more subtil sensibility. Huge slaughter predicted on the danceflloor, be far sighted for your old days think already to buy a ‘sonotone’ after being listening to Master Peace.

Based on floating ethered voices , Aquatica – Side Off is a pure full on stuff which reveals interesant things & already succeed with this first track to establish a proper sound identity & production.

Bizarre Contact remix gets too much squeaking for me, irritating, & what about highly hacked gothic voices samples overused in trance…

Sesto Sento finishes this collection by the melodic Blue Leprechauns which is sounding in turn morning, groovy, full on & freestyle, indeed a new surprising tune again from them.

Favorites traks by order :5,1,6,9,7,2,3

Bad ones :4 & 8

Mark :8/10
Roy Riback
Dooper Doopler

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Mar 14, 2004 01:45
Very good album !!!
i like all the track!
my very fevorite
1 6!! 7!! 9!!!

good luck efrat and all compact crew           DoopleRoy@hotmail.com
Sirius Isness
Sirius Isness

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Mar 14, 2004 03:18
Hi Lotus bleu...
We would love you to send us a demo of your own music ...and if you have a killer production or sounds or whatever else....then maybe you will have the right to criticise ....as hard as you do....
We really hope that the scene can grow with people who know about music and art....and not just petty art critics ..
Anyway to the rest of the people who actually like our music....our album (resolution of Duality) is coming out on Moon Spirits on the 5 of May ....we hope you will enjoy all the hard work we put into it....
Much love to everyone..
Max and Davina ( Sirius Isness)
allez lotus....au travail!!!!!!
COSMIC TONE
Cosmic Tone

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 16, 2004 11:17
hi f-rat this is very good album hope thet will be mor like this one , and i have to say thet i verey happy thet one of my trak open this album .
good luck and keep diong agood job
nissan... (cosmic tone)
PKS
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  75
Posted : Mar 16, 2004 12:33
I think Sirius Isness is definatly one of the better full on artists out there these days. Melodic full on, without getting cheesy, with a massive, rich sound picture and good melodies. Looking forward to the album on Moonspirits....
PK           CHILL TRIBE
CTRCD01 QUALITY RELAXATION
CTRCD02 RELAXED JOURNEYS
CTRCD03 EAR PLEASURE
CTRCD04 WOMBATMUSIC - Shameful Silence
CTRCD05 POLYPLOID - Grow Your Own
CTRCD06 IAN ION - Gringo Locomotion
CTRCD07 SUNKINGS - Before We Die
Le Lotus Bleu
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  114
Posted : Mar 16, 2004 16:05
Quote:

On 2004-03-14 03:18, Sirius Isness wrote:
Hi Lotus bleu...
We would love you to send us a demo of your own music ...and if you have a killer production or sounds or whatever else....then maybe you will have the right to criticise ....as hard as you do....
We really hope that the scene can grow with people who know about music and art....and not just petty art critics ..
Anyway to the rest of the people who actually like our music....our album (resolution of Duality) is coming out on Moon Spirits on the 5 of May ....we hope you will enjoy all the hard work we put into it....
Much love to everyone..
Max and Davina ( Sirius Isness)
allez lotus....au travail!!!!!!

So, here's a review corection about your track, here's what i should have better written:

Micro tunes is a track that won't let indifferent people, it's an Alien Project - full on morning style, eitheir you'll be fond or you'll dislike it, personally i follow the second option.
Slater
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  131
Posted : Mar 17, 2004 15:36
Various Artists – Blue Leprechaun

Leprechauns – the name for the fairies offering magical gold and three wishes to those who are able to take the control of them by playing their music; „Blue Leprechaun“ - brand new compilation of israeli Com.pact records, this time compiled by Efrat Livne aka Dj F-Rat, label P.R. and booking manager. Let´s have a look what the fairies have prepared for us inside the CD…

The sound of the compilation is typical Com.pact´s synthesis of israeli morning trance and progressive elements. If we compare it with older releases it is not so full-on as Natural Waves of Sound but also less proggy than Air Gate or G-C.
Cosmic Tone, solo project of Roei Nissan, is opening the compilation with a calm, deep sound „The Cosmic Story“; the mood of track is reminding me Cosma´s masterpieces, presenting isratrance in floating emotional way, full of melancholic melodies that can make you cry. Nice start definitely.
Avi Levi aka UltraVoice is an essential part of Com.pact compilations, especially after his debut album „Magic Sound Factory“ released last year. His „Dr. Trance“ is a bit smoother track than usual, although still pretty dancy.
With Intelabeam´s „Xtatic“ comes change towards more progressive and monotonous sound, with slow bpm (139), percussions and some modified vocal flying above.
Probably the most dancy track of the compilation is Sirious Isness – „Micro Tunes“, expect melodic full-on stuff that should work quite well on the psychedelic dancefloor; but unfortunatelly it is without any special innovation that would move it forefront.
Visual Paradox is already well-known project that suprised me very positively by its second album released this year; Bog and Uriel continue here in their new style that moved to much more full-on area, strongly influented by isratrance bands; it wasn´t bad choice at all, „What is Flicky“ is a really great tune, comparable with the best one´s from „All You Can Beat“.
Apocalypse gets on the similar way of catchy morning trance.
Elad Asy aka Aquatica is probably a new member of Com.pact label family, his „Master Peace“ is not so strong as previous tracks on the compilation, but there are some interesting ideas icluding beautiful female vocal, in my opinion he is promising producer for the future.
The second UltraVoice´s track, remixed by Bizzare Contact, did not take me up a lot, stumpy track with a lot of different sounds and some distorted vocal.
The record is closed by slow (136 bpm) ease Sesto Sento track that gived to name to the whole compilation (or was it vice versa? .

Altogether this is without any doubt one of the better records of first months of this year, full of smooth catchy music intended for both dancing and listening. For F-Rat this is her first compilation and I believe not the last one.

Dj Slater (Tribal Vision / Chaishop.com, CZ)

---------------------------------------------------------VA - Blue Leprechaun
Compiled by F-Rat
Com.Pact Records 2004

1. Cosmic Tone – The Cosmic Story
2. Ultra Voice – Dr. Trance
3. Intelabeam – Xtatic
4. Sirius Isness – Micro Tunes
5. Visual Paradox – What Is Flicky
6. Apocalypse – Master Peace
7. Aquatica – Side Off
8. Ultra Voice – Far Away (Bizzare Contact Rmx)
9. Sesto Sento – Blue Leprechauns
le_lotus_604
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Apr 5, 2004 04:31
about to get the CD online , a quick check here to feel ppl feelings about it...
hmm, not a review but I want to rebound on the following
Quote:

On 2004-03-12 19:57, Le Lotus Bleu wrote:

I think it’s due to multiplication of artists like this if the trance is going down. I wish this band & lots of others will change quickly their productions & really learn how to make music.

ok, let's try not to troll here ... hmmm
I knew shit about trance 3 years ago (ok, you might say I still know shit )
for some reasons, my path crosses Max and Davina (and some others ppl)
since, I have to say, I barelly listen to something else (little jazz sometimes) and all the energy the groove I get myself is from producer and organizer like them

because of their vibes, in their basement, on the Playa or in the wilderness ... under the trees I do think Davina and Max give a lot to trance ...
and I hope they will continue producing music and throwing parties around the planet
for the happiness of all

L.
Sputer
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  315
Posted : Apr 5, 2004 17:40
Very very nice rls from ComPact.

My favorite are

Apocalypse – Master Peace
Aquatica – Side Off
Sesto Sento – Blue Leprechaun           ..."Be yourself, let your conscience guide you...
Follow your heart, not the people around you"
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - VA - Blue Leprechaun / DJ F-Rat [Com.pact Records 2004]

1 2 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance