Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A The Turning (Timecode Records, December 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A The Turning (Timecode Records, December 2004)

mubali
Mubali

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Dec 30, 2004 20:31
I actually really disliked the Azax vs Toxic track... The slayer song that was used in the breakdown is the exact same song that was sampled from in South of Hell. If you listen to the original Slayer tune south of Heaven, you will find the final lead tune of Rain and the lead tune to South of Heaven virtually back to back. That personally bugs me from as a listener to both Slayer and as a producer. It kinda seems that he just kinda recycled an idea just to put out the track.
I don't mind if the themes are common, but at the same time I feel that Azax has lost a lot of his sound that got me interested in his music. I see him going the same route as CPU. Not to say that any of these guys aren't talented producers or outstanding musicians, but at the same time I have heard much better work from all of them.

Other than that, I wasn't too big of a fan of the compilation. I dug New Blood a lot more, but for me it just didn't really sound that good. Some of the tracks sounded too similar to melodic epic trance from '99' for my taste. Some people really dig that sound, and that's totally cool, but that sound made me start listening to jungle back during that time.

But I actually did kinda like the Artifakt track, not just for it being a little darker themed, I felt it to have more interesting sounds that meshed well with me.

I dunno, I think I just have issues with most melodic music, and that's is definitely my problem.
At the same time, when Timecode first started releasing music, it was one of my favorite labels. I made it a point to purchase their releases, but I am starting to notice that the Timecode sound and the 3D Vision sound are getting identical. That is great for some people, and not so great for others. It just doesn't neccesarily move me like they used to. (either labels)
But don't let my bad perspective influence anyone's decision. Listen to it!!! Buy it!!! Play it!!!

An Eagle may soar, but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.
Dj Chris Planet
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  17
Posted : Dec 31, 2004 01:36
I can't wait to get my grubby mits on this especially if Damion(psyreviews) is giving it a ten, nice work Ian.           Let us take you on a journey, that will take you from are small world stage and orbit you beyond our fragile planet......
Serge

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 1, 2005 05:21
mobaly :
just for the record....

'south of hell' has a small part at its end which is a cover for slayer's 'south of heaven'

rain is a preety musch FULL rmx to slayer's 'Rainig Blood'

nothing similar !!

i personally think this track rocks, and damn its totally take the dancefloor with no mercy !

Great compilation in general, the artifakt track is wicked !!

and the twisted sytem track is pure madness !!
this track made my year !!

Time Code deliver the goods once more !

this is the NEW generation of trance ppl
raider
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 1, 2005 22:00
Naaah, I still believe 3D Vision has some of the highest quality produced music. The artists from Timecode have a long way yet, but they're on the right patch.

Even though I buy most of the Timecode releases, I still don't find the production top-notch, nor the melodies (which are extremely amatuerish, cheesy and not well-thought through). What I like is that Timecode is different full-on from israelic-sound and their artists dare to follow their own patch... but the quality is now in the top (yet). Besides The Misted Muppet track, of course

Then again, it would be weird to compare the two labels. Besides from Tickets - The Debt, which features a kinda CPU-sound, the labels produce very different sounds.

This, of course, is just my opinion.
Trance2MoveU
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  50
Posted : May 3, 2006 23:00
I'm listening to this again and it really is a stormer. Love the Twisted System and Tickets track the most!

Mdk
Ganeisha
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  19
Posted : May 3, 2006 23:59
Quote:

6. The Pre determination
TICKETS

6. tickets has been coming up big with tracks on a few releases this year. this one has more of a melodic feel to it, with a darkish bassline, and some warm lead at the beginning. a big lead comes next to fill the mix, and its certainly strong as it morphs a bit to get more twisty. a big upward slide in the background keeps getting higher and higher, to send you flying into space as the beat stops for a breather... it comes back in with another few up ramps and overall an epic, triumphant feel. theres some great bassline key changes in the last minute to give an even more powerful groove to it.

Great review from this track!
One of my favorites!
Tickets just keeps better and better in every song. Love the bassline            life is short or to long so i can give myself the luxury of living it so bad.
----------------------------
http://www.magnetikagency.com
http://www.nexus-media.co.za
http://www.quest4goa.com
Psycosmo
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : May 4, 2006 00:39
The Triskell track is my fave, esp after the cheesy "I know your there" sample at 3:12. Its everything after that that makes this track one of my all time favorites. One of the hottest trax ever in my book. Nosferatu is a close close second, with nearly opposite energy to the Triskell. I really liked this comp, it has its cheesy moments but overall the sounds are so great that the cheese doesnt really matter. Every track on this album has something good to offer.
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A The Turning (Timecode Records, December 2004)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance