Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Spiritually Spaced ouT (Shiva Space Technology 2006) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Spiritually Spaced ouT (Shiva Space Technology 2006) CD

OIL
Oil

Started Topics :  243
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 03:52
V/A - Spiritually Spaced ouT

Cover: http://217.160.138.169/pic_b/sst1cd103_b.jpg

Artist: Various
Title: Spiritually Spaced ouT
Format: CD (jewel case)
Label: Shiva Space Technology (Norway)
Cat. #: SSTCD103
Distribution: Wirikuta
Date: 14 December 2006

Track listing:
-------------

01. 07´07´´ Hydraglyph - Illusive Obvious
02. 06´56´´ Menog - Alien Control
03. 08´55´´ Oil - Bend Over Your Brain
04. 07´18´´ Concept - Atomic Zoo
05. 06´45´´ Mechanix - Mechanical Turn
06. 06´30´´ Slug - Octagon
07. 08´49´´ Wizack Twizack - Jackacid (Khopat Remix)
08. 09´32´´ Sick Addiction - Sinister Beauty
09. 07´09´´ Scorb vs Tenzing - Simulate Stimulate
10. 06´47´´ Shiva - America Wake Up

Review:
------

Im making this review because I was looking forward to this compilation for almost a year.
And it didnt left me dissapointed, but kept on enetertaining me. Pretty much the best compilation of 2006.
Its nice to have my debut release amongst a number of big names that i really like. So this is my payment to Shiva Space Technology.
Not like my track isnt enough... but bla bla bla.
If you still have some memory left from early(?) 2006 u might be able to recall the cover art for the compilation Mental Displacement.
Anyway, same girl. Really nice fruity one. The cover (...No, really, the girl), i mean.
Again the fine mastering work of Yaniv Shulman!!!

\|..:: Shut up you mofo!!!.... Hows the trax? ::..|/

#01: Hydraglyph - Illusive Obvious

The South African duo is kicking off this one with pretty much the most morning-ishiest mood of this cd.
This is leads in a jungle-soundscape filled with technosauruses. Smells like Nexus Media too.
Good startup but it gets better!

#02: Menog - Alien Control

Yet another Menog-piece already. I find this one really groovy and not so full on though energic though.
But, the melodrama and the still kinda fresh Menog-melodies makes up. Good dog. But in general I hoped for alot better.
What i really need to see right now is some collaborations including this fella. Invite him over for dinner!

#03: Oil - Bend Over Your Brain

Im not gonna review this track (cause its my own), and its for the best i think.

#04: Concept - Atomic Zoo

A neat suprise coming from Concept. I didnt except it to be quite this good.
Again youll find this misty, morning, mountain-kinda feeling. A feeling that I for one, didnt really get from his album.
Its all good though, lets live in the now.
This is a track that definetly says Portugal, as well as Twilight.

#05: Mechanix - Mechanical Turn

The stuff of mechanix has always for me had this keep-it-simple feeling. But somehow, its enough, and more, to get me have a really good time.
I guess Mechanix the most chilled out fella on this cd. Also the only israeli guy.
As many other material of Mechanix, this is a funny, discoish track with a bit mettalic edge to the sound that i like a lot.
For sure original style, but still "keep-it-simple" (how the hell do u do this u fool?)
What I, and for sure a lot of other people though will find a bit dissapointing, is the intro. I guess all of us doesnt have the skill to cook food and make music at the same time...hmmppf!

#06: Slug - Octagon

For me, this was the most visualating(?) track. It takes me to icy landscapes and theres great amounts of power being pushed towards me.
For sure this is the dynamic full on morning style of South Africa i like, allthough i prefer the darker sounds of it all, and definetly the darker, earlier sounds of Slug.
But, this track does the trick. And i can say that this is one of my favorites of this sort of morning style.
I wonder if Slug have a nickname for his penis...

#07: Wizack Twizack - Jackacid (Khopat Remix)

I gotta say that this is far better than the original track, mostly because of alot of nice distywork. And some intelligent dynamic sequencing and samplework.
But still it has that same kind of smell that ull find in the deepest places of the Wizack Twizack hideout, if you know what i mean (*eyebrows*).
If its the smell of acid though, I dont know. I dont know Tommy-Axelsson-from-Stockholm-28-years-old-or-something-i-donno, so well...
Its as dark as the original track, as well as the darkest track on this cd. Im hoping to hear more of this darker style on Shiva Space Technology in the near future.

#08: Sick Addiction - Sinister Beauty

This is a track that definetly says goodbye. And the most emotional one.
Its a long story that holds on to great and epic melodies, with the right attitude for this track, with just perfect use of effects on top.
9 and a half minute is a lot, but this one doesnt loose the energy, just has its dales u know. Lots of good places to breath, and come back with full on energy.

#09: Scorb vs Tenzing - Simulate Stimulate

Personally i would put either this or the Sick Addiction-track at the last place, but thats allright though.
With this cd its kinda "save the best till last", and this is how it came out innit?
For me this track is the best one on the cd. Its filled up with 150 bpm of monster-fun of Scorb (which is one of my absolute favorite producers) and the japanese fellow Tenzing.
This is exactly the kind of neverending energy that ive got the chance to experience on christmas day 2006 when Scorb was playing his live set.
The track holds tight to the this energy all the way to the end, and it will most definetly amuse u in a number of ways.

#10: Shiva - America Wake Up

This was originally the soundtrack of a "music video" of Shiva which still is free for streaming on the net (...i think).
This track is about a current even, as its also about whats been going on for ages and ages. The new world order. Watching the music video, which Shiva made, was really amusing.
Cause there is a lot of handy work in there.
We have got some cool powerfull and dramatic (not really melodramatic though) sequences here. Im not really a big fan of Azax Syndrome kinda stuff but this definetly does it for me.
Overall i think this track is alot better than the material on Shivas album.
You are born free. You may live though in the United States of Advertising. "You are free to do as we tell you". Wake up America, wake up The World!

Favorite cd-ingravings: 01, 06(!), 08(!!), 09(!!!) ,10(!)
----------------------

My grade to this piece: 8,9 Benders, out of 10 possible - http://striprobot.free.fr/grabpics/Bender%20fondu.gif
-----------------------

I hope you enjoyed my review, and that my english wasnt too halfass. Cheers!!!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Link:
-------
Discogs: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/sst/sst1cd103.html
Wizack Twizack
Wizack Twizack

Started Topics :  239
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 13:45
nice review man!
(y)
and hey im not 28! im just on 24 so far..
track 4,6,8 & 9 i like the most on this compilation, also the remix by khopat was very pumpy and fresh!
good work by daksi compiling this cd!

bOm..
          For Contact & Bookings:
Wizack_Booking@hotmail.com
www.soundcloud.com/wizack_Twizack
New Album Out: Wizack Twizack - IV (Ovnimoon Records 2011) http://www.beatport.com/#release/wizack-twizack-iv/387698
cacofonix
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  29
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 14:48
one of the best compilations of 2006. good job dakshi

my favs: 1,3,6,8,9.

@oil: the beginning samples r killer. is it from a movie? nice track.
          www.vantaravichitra.com
http://soundcloud.com/cacofonix11
Shaqattack
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  71
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 16:40
i love the oil track in this comp...

same with the menog track....

i enjoyed this compilation........if u like twilight this ones for u.....

was gonna review this soon but oil u beat me to it...
Plutonic Records
Plutonic Records

Started Topics :  13
Posted : Jan 16, 2007 18:14

suuperb tracklist...my favss:

01. 07´07´´ Hydraglyph - Illusive Obvious
02. 06´56´´ Menog - Alien Control
03. 08´55´´ Oil - Bend Over Your Brain

05. 06´45´´ Mechanix - Mechanical Turn
06. 06´30´´ Slug - Octagon
07. 08´49´´ Wizack Twizack - Jackacid (Khopat Remix)
08. 09´32´´ Sick Addiction - Sinister Beauty

so CD to kill Great VA

boom
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 10:38
This is a cool cd! Not at all my style but any twilight lover would dig this.
Good stuff daksi...Portugal awaits us hehe
Rajat
squirm
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  254
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 13:06
great cd. liked the sick addition, scorb vs tenzing, and sick addictions tracks alot. stimulate simulate - mad mad mad!
-angad           www.soundcloud.com/ishikawa
www.mechanikrecords.com
www.phonix-records.com
www.mixcloud.com/ishikawa/
rajatrao6
Inactive User
Started Topics :  2
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 13:17
@squirm...i was wondering what took you so long hehehe your normally on the twilight threads before i even realize they exist
DeLySiD CoOkInG
Delysid / Wicked Wires

Started Topics :  8
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 13:48
havent got our copy...still waiting u mofo daksi....but looks like a killer one....           
www.noizeconspiracy.com
www.myspace.com/delysidcooking
hallucinator
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  63
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 16:28
hehe i got my copy

what to say ! i was impressed

really nice choice from daksi

respect from him

definitlly after listening many times ...shows to me something shiva space style label .. that is my fav comp. in 2006

fav : Sick Addiction track !

good job daksi !
( u know im waiting for " Deep Fried " on Rudrakshrec... its special for me )

btw.. OIL GOOD REVIEW BRO

Hallucinated Neighbour / Silent Existence
http://www.ektoplazm.com/label/silent-existence
!Ce M@n
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  30
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 21:09
Trax from Menog ,Oil ,Concept ,Mechanix and Sick addiction are my Fav in this V.A .. nice V.a alltogether..
Boom to shiva space Tech           0x00000PSy
daksinamurti
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  94
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 21:28
Thanks for the nice words and nice job with the review stefan
Im very happy that its finally out and that people like it !!
i invested lot of energy and time in this project and was trying to make it a very personal cd which covers my taste in music.
Thanks also to andy sst for giving me the nice opportunity to fullfill a dream of mine and all artists involved ...
          www.sangomarecords.com
https://www.facebook.com/Djdaksi
Sunai

Started Topics :  7
Posted : Jan 17, 2007 22:51
great compilation
my favs:Sick Addiction - Sinister Beauty,
Shiva - America Wake Up
Namaha Recs
Namaha Recs

Started Topics :  22
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 02:44
damn just got my copy.... this for sure one of the best releases !!! there is not a moment where there is no energy or foot stomping !!! this is for sure one of my favourite releases for a while !!! and daksinamurti did a killa job compiling this v/a !!! Nice review stefan !!! cant w8 for the next one !!!

BooOooM

----------------
Munk-E <Namaha Recs>
http://www.namaharecords.com
http://www.myspace.com/namaharecords
ISENTROPIC Out Now !!!
V/A Shamans Sound Temple & V/A Surya Namaha Coming Soon !!!
DanVapid
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  32
Posted : Jan 18, 2007 03:20
this should have been posted in the Promotional section...you can't write a proper, impartial review of a compilation which has one of your tracks!
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Spiritually Spaced ouT (Shiva Space Technology 2006) CD

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance