Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Sonica (Neurobiotic 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A Sonica (Neurobiotic 2005)

Dushan
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  27
Posted : Jul 31, 2005 02:43
I agree with u prOfane, Wrecked M. in this form, like on Sonica compilation is more better to hear, than with SPUn influence. Also i m glad that Edo puts wrecked's trax ( bandbox, electra ... ) with a more proggy influence on his compilations, very good taste mate. Second very good surprise is Nick. I have this track a while allready, and its make a killer vibe on parties. Night, groovy, exelent track, with acid melody on the end. Joti's track is one of the confirmation that he as a artist is on of the best on the world. Begining of the track is real master piece. With a little house music influence, making great story lately ... Pixel track is mega blaster, i dont like this sound so much, but he prooved his big talent, transpose melody on the end is very nice. Johannes and Franck also make killer track, very nice morning track, exelent production ...
All in all ... nice compilation by Edo and NbRecords ... very high marks from me ...

D.
          myspace.com/audionova
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Aug 1, 2005 11:35
thanx for the kind words dushan...           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
Pypedream
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  45
Posted : Aug 3, 2005 18:45
After 2 listens, I'm very pleased with this release. WM and Silicon are standouts, but I think almost every track has something interesting inside. And I'm not sure why everyone is labeling Tikal as 'cheesy'. This record is obviously in the spirit of the carnaval festival, it is different yes but give them credit for experimenting. These guys have had a lot of standout releases on various labels and are sure to only get better.

Nice work Nuerobiotic crew!           ELECTRON EYES / MARK-EVAN (NOR. CAL)
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/MARK-EVAN
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Aug 7, 2005 04:18
i waited for this compilation to come out for a quite a while.. some of my favorite acts on it. i have to say i was a bit dissapointed.
i think i can count the psysex tracks i dont like on only one hand... this one doesnt grab me... seems a bit slow and lagging... well produced but missing something. i dont like the "get up and party" sample at all.
Panick's 1st album was another that i played for months... the depth in that album was incredible... here in this track, much like in his collaboration with WM on WM's album i dont "get" the story at all... im not sure where its taking me and when it ends i am left asking what just happend...which brings me to WM's track... a good one! a great intro and a good progressive build, took me a few listens to like, but i really appreciate some little things here.... good job.
Pixel is next with an awesome intro but not much more for me in this track... i guess i like the sample of TM in there... pretty cool anytime he speaks, but the track itself is too clubby for my taste, it doesnt have the "teeth" ive seen in other pixel tracks, especially from the album that was excellent. Joti always delivers good samples, u can count on this guy to get you into a good head trip just from that. i like the start but i lose it in the middle, the finish is ok. i dont know what happend to sub6 since their album.... i really dont get this track... i find most of the sounds on it kind of annyoing....
Silicon sound on the other hand is a bright light on this cd... i think his music is getting better each time (not that it wasnt top notch)... groovy, silky, light an driving... me likes. also important to add that the collab. with psychotrop on many tracks usually leads to good results... would like to see more from him.
one thing is that all of the tracks are of awesome quality sound wise.. its a pleasure to hear even if i dont connect to the music....

"On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 9, 2005 09:57
hello surrender, thanx for the comments for the departure track , but it was my first colaboration with johannes..           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Aug 9, 2005 16:05
Quote:

On 2005-08-09 09:57, psychotrop wrote:
hello surrender, thanx for the comments for the departure track , but it was my first colaboration with johannes..

yes i know, i meant general collabs with you such as with talamasca yield excellent results.
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Aug 9, 2005 17:06
ah it's a misunderstood caus it's my first collaboration on a track
the one who collaborated with talamasca was schyzotrop, talamasca 's brother
but the names are very close
anyway thanx           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
Licio2

Started Topics :  6
Posted : Aug 14, 2005 14:07
Really like this comp!
Some of my fave artists are in it, and some other which I've heard so much about but never actually listened to, until the Sonica festival, are in it too!
So this is a strong compilation on one hand, and an excellent snapshot of the festival on the other hand.
I bought the cd for 10 euros only at the festival, which I think it's a very good deal!
My favourite track here is from Wizzy Noise: "Leslie dusty blue" is really a masterpiece!, but I really do like also Wrecked Machines, Pixel, Joti Shidu and Psysex trax.
Bit of a disappointment from Sub6, as their track "Bozow" ro me sound like a reworking of "Program Files" from their album...from such a talented act I expect more!

Anyway I think that this is one of the best comps of the summer!
groovypato
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Sep 6, 2005 01:06
after listening to this album plenty of times, i found out that Joti Sidhu´s track stands out as one of the best tracks of the year, or maybe the best. Really like the samples and the atmosphere! keep up!!

Congrats to Neurobiotic crew... my favourite label
boom
Madpup
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  21
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 00:22
Don't get all the positive reviews. Just another run of the mill not too bad, but not too good full-on compilation for me, with highlights being only the Wizzy and Silicon Sound tracks.
psychoill
Inactive User
Started Topics :  1
Posted : Sep 7, 2005 06:04
Quote:

On 2005-07-20 01:49, edoardo@neurobiotic wrote:
Yo
thanx for the beautiful words...
Yes Sonica was compiled by me and I think is Neuro's best compilation until now...
Anyway, see you at Sonica!

Love

Edo

If this is the best comp for your compilation Edoardo i am really sorry about you....Neurobiotic records seemed to be better in the beggining!!Try more and change a little because you will loose everything u have done.This is my opinion!!!
Labels release better good music not rubbish just to have something to release!!Don't forget u belong to psychedelic trance scene.
edoardo@neurobiotic
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  65
Posted : Sep 10, 2005 15:55
hi Psychoill
I still think this comp is the best one i released so far, and yes, I think is really psychedelic and I feel I deeply belong to the psychedelic trance scene, as people who personally know me can tell you. Maybe is not your taste, but I'm sure most of the ppl can find it psychedelic!
Anyway, thanx all for the comments, good or bad!

PeAcE

Edo

Edoardo @ Neurobiotic Records
http://www.neurobiotic.com
Myspace: www.myspace.com/djedoardo

https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/content/label/detail/1651/neurobiotic_records
Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Posted : Nov 13, 2005 06:31
must say that i changed my mind regarding this.... the psysex track grew on me and now the nick track is pretty good... i was looking for something else from him and couldnt free my mind from my expectation... the highlight remains wrecked machines' track and then followed by s.sound.
much better cd then i previously stated.           "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A Sonica (Neurobiotic 2005)
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance