Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Psysex Remixed (Hommega Production, Apr 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Psysex Remixed (Hommega Production, Apr 2005)

Surrender
IsraTrance Team

Started Topics :  506
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 18:56
01. New Wave Hooker (Domestic & Pixel Remix)
02. Altered States (X-Noize Remix)
03. Come In Peace (Illumination Remix)
04. L.S.Dance (Psysex Remix)
05. Alien Cop (Eskimo Remix)
06. High Times (Nick Remix)
07. Bionic Bong (GMS Remix)
08. Dirty 80's (Wrecked Machines Remix)
09. New Wave Hooker (Violet Vision Remix)
10. PsySex & Star-X / Star Sex

Psysex is one of the icons in the trance world. With 3 serious well thought out CD's under their belt and a 4th in the works this dynamic duo has contributed much to the shaping of trance as we know it. This remix cd was something I was looking forward to, I have been trying not to build up too much expectations as that usually leads to disappointment. Let's find out if this is the case here.

We begin with one of my favorite tracks from Psysex, a remix of Pixel and Domestic to 'New Wave Hooker'. After a dramatic intro, the simple base line is clean and crisp; there is a nice arrangement of 'question/answer' with the original samples taken from the movie Airplane 2. The breakdowns and build-ups are exciting and interesting and the flow of this track is pumping. A few added new sounds and an overall good arrangement of the previous ones to a new structure. I particularly like the final electro style breakdown with the changing base at the end, very good idea. Next up come X-Noize with a re-remix of "Altered states" (T2). The production is clean and clear again, the track is smooth and elegant. My only comment is that there is not much change from the original in the sense of new sounds, felt like they were a bit afraid to break the mold. Illumination is one of my favorite artists; his music (especially lately) is driving with a force of a Mack 10 truck. The remix to "Come in Peace" is not falling of that scale. At first I didn't like how the track used the same baseline as the original, but after a few listens I think that its essential since that is pretty much its melody. Amir adds melodic synths and lots of panning tricks to escalate into the sky with this one, a great dance floor track for certain. One of the highlights of my trance history was L.S.Dance (T4) I'm so elated that the boys chose to remix something older and iconic like this. Right of the bat, a wide spectrum sweeping electro pad gives you the 150 BPM feel to the madness that is about to come. Metallic percussions and a gummy base are the foundations. From there we develop into sounds that I can only describe as brain piercing. This dance floor monster is sure to burn a few holes across the world this summer. I like how there is a totally new concept to this one, they didn't get stuck on the old ideas from the original, good work. Alien Cop is another re-remix, this time by wiz kid John Ford. Again, I'm sure this will be a great dance floor track for the summer, but I did not connect to it. I found there are too many breaks and the best parts of the originals were not used. Eskimo's build-ups are even more ridiculous and tension adding, but I get impatient a bit. (T6) by Panick is something I was looking forward to, again like I said before Shahar always says: "expectations are on pillows", or maybe that sounds better in Hebrew… I was a bit let down by this remix to "High Times". I thought the base sounded the same the structure was quite similar and even the breaks were. I know Nick can do much more, I absolutely played his album non-stop for a while, this one falls a bit short from that level. Another highlight of this CD is the GMS re-remix of Bionic Bong (T7). Wow, all I can say is: welcome back to 1997. This track is gives me a total Goa feeling, with new technology. The samples, the lines, the acidity and the high 148 BPM are a delight. The only complaint is the mastering or the mix is a bit distorted at times; the track evolves and morphs with octave changes and story lines of the days of old, a total smasher. Wrecked Machine's re-remix to Dirty 80’s is one of the low points for me here. I like WM's work usually, but I find this version to be a bit lacking in imagination. The execution of the production level is immaculate though, good work on that. The last of the remixes is a down tempo masterpiece by Violet Vision of "New Wave Hooker" again. VV's take on the hooker is nothing short of amazing. It’s really a notch above anything else in richness and production style on this CD. The ideas and the total mania are so affluent, I find myself finding some new details each listen, superb! Last, but certainly not least is a bonus track by Psysex and Star-X. Starsex (T10) is a new direction for certain. In terms of production and concept its brilliant… there is a clever new base and new sounds. The percussion work is intricate and worthy of note. I'm sure in a live Psysex show this track can be a highlight, ranging from an elastic line to tribal Arabic percussions; buildups, breakdowns and pads to deliver so many different parts to one track, without getting too much off topic and being able to wrap it up in the end to a tight package, this is one of my favorite tracks at the moment and a great way to end a CD.

Recommendation: I came in with high demands and expectations and I was not disappointed. I think it’s a bit of a shame that many of the acts remixed tracks from the last album instead of trying to dig deeper into older ones for gems. Kudos to Psysex and GMS for being brave and remixing those older tracks into new masterpieces. Regarding the artwork and sleeve: good job by Hommega to list the BPM's and I like the comical artwork inside and out, slutty and sexy. I highly recommend this CD to anyone that appreciates good music, anyone with a memory of what trance sounds like, or how pristine production levels should really be in 2005.

Fav Tracks- 1,3,4!,7!,9!,10!
          "On the other hand, you have different fingers."
http://myspace.com/gadimon
brb345

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 20:13
firsty; nothing compares to An Expression of Rage and thus i was pretty dissapointed with the lack of remixes from that album!!!
anyway a very good album nonetheless, L.S.Dance according to me has been finally remixed well (who better to do it than psysex i guess). The other track that stands out it Star Sex, just love this one!

overall a good cd, but i was waiting for an 'Alien Panic' or 'the evil turkeys' remix.
maybe in the future????
SuPeR MiA
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  41
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 20:18
love the cd.

my favorite:
1- domestic rmx
5-eskimo rmx.
Dende

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 20:22
Boom boom booom! Another monster release!
These remixes are a bomb on the dancefloor!
New Wave..... Eli, Ido.... HOLY SHNIKIES!!
Alien Cop RMX tears up the place!... killer work Junya.
Dirty 80`s..... Gabe.... You really did it here baba! monster track!
I was expecting a bit more from Bionic Bong... still nice however.
Definetley a blaster! Udi and Yoni Im sure are very proud!

Dende
Catalyst/Psyclon Records
www.psyclon.com.mx
psy^soldier
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  26
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 20:38
well i dont think i bought any fullon albom since psysex hardcore blastoff one of my favorite alboms
i love psysex old style but this is very intresting to me i think i will chack this one out!
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  15
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 20:46
Very good Compilation, a great release

I love Dirty 80'r rmx and New Wave Hooker Rmx

I was expecting much better from Gms in Bionic Bong track, i think they simply took off the magic of the original one... a classic for me, but that's only my opinion.

Indeed great compilation that worth buying.
groovypato
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 22, 2005 21:20
This album is the bomb!!
Together with Triptych - Electrology, is the bes albun in 2005 so far.

My fav tracks are the two remixes of New wave hooker and the Dirty 80's remix by wrecked machines.
But the whole album is good to listen and to dance. Congrats!
Great work, really whorthy 2 buy!!

boom

woutski
Zen Mechanics

Started Topics :  5
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 22:05
Kicking album!
The production is flawless and all tracks have big hit potential...something which is very rare for a psy release.
I expected a bit more from the Pixel&domestic and Wrecked Machines remix but these will work on the floor like magic anyway.
My faves are the Nick, X-noise remix and the new mix of LSD.
Also Star sex is a bomb...love the latin flavoured break
Wicked sleeve design also...Top quality release as expected!
keebota
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  44
Posted : Apr 22, 2005 23:03
hey guys,

i think this is one of the best cds which was released in the last montt ... hom.mega production is my favorite label and every rel. is awesome ... i hope they had a big success with thisone cause its a real good one .. every track is something special and a dancefloor bomb for sure ..

keep it up guy ... another must buy for sure !!!

bye tom
psychotrop
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  43
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 12:31
indeed, a very nice rmx album, with top quality production.
i've been a little disapointed of few tracks, like the gms one, but every psysex addict will love this cd!
for me the blasters are pixel domestic remix of new wave hooker, the violet vision rmx too, the x noize rmx is a dancefloor shell, and the nick rmx, whoaaa so phat!
congrats eyal and good luck to the hommega crew for this release           Psychotrop(Neurobiotic Rec)
www.neurobiotic.com
www.myspace.com/djpsychotrop
www.soundcloud.com/dj-psychotrop
www.facebook.com/psychotropamertume
kajola
Kajola

Started Topics :  74
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 14:24
yeah!
i am really looking forward to get it!
greetz
Nathan
IsraTrance Senior Member

Started Topics :  301
Posted : Apr 23, 2005 21:07
VV remix is the best!           -=The Meaning Of Life Is To Give Life A Meaning=
-Abatwa-
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  42
Posted : Apr 25, 2005 13:50
decent release. the tracks that stand out for me are Domestic & Pixel Remix, X-Noise rmx, psysex rmx. Recommended for the people who enjoy psysex or full on generally.
7/10
          `Bottomless wonders spring from simple rules, which are repeated without end` Mandelbrot
Domingos
IsraTrance Junior Member

Started Topics :  36
Posted : Apr 26, 2005 01:30
STAR SEX - very MAKPITZ track, this is how I like it.           The songs and the music that i portray, Comes from the heart and comes from the mind, That makes it, that makes me feel that i'm blurring? The right information.
Atomic_Future
IsraTrance Junior Member

Posted : Apr 27, 2005 00:03
After more listenings found more good tracks:

LS Dance Rmx (its a bomb) and VV rmx great too
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Psysex Remixed (Hommega Production, Apr 2005)

1 2 3 Next Page →
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance