Trance Forum | Stats | Register | Search | Parties | Advertise | Login

There are 0 trance users currently browsing this page
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Peaking In Tongues (Peak Records 2004) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon
Author

V/A - Peaking In Tongues (Peak Records 2004) CD

dymons
Dymons

Started Topics :  9
Posted : Dec 10, 2004 03:43
Quote:

On 2004-11-21 21:41, DeathPosture wrote:
V/A – Peaking In Tongues

#10: Master Margherita & Pearce feat. Dymons - Flowmotion (Outro)
Master Margherita (bass) & Pearce (flute) are both members of the Peaking Goddess collective and here they are joined by some dude or dudette called Dymons…

Hey !
Dymons is a dude ! and plays drums and writes tracks
with the Peaking Goddess Collective.
I was just invited to play a bunch of sound effects on the track written by MM & P thus the featuring...
I am know working on a psychedelic dub live act called
Spirit ,parts of which willl be available soon
on the web ....
Greetings and Blessings to all !

Dan:-)
tanya
Tanina Munchkina

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Dec 11, 2004 16:53
no more waiting!
"PEAKING IN TONGUES" is now available worldwide! (see links above...thank you deathposture!)
Dance on! Dream on! Right on!
Enjoy and celebrate life!
          if your face is ugly, learn to sing
(african proverb)
get a taste of religion
lick a witch

tanina@peakrec.com
www.peakrec.com
myspace.com/taninamunchkina
digital-talk
Digital Talk

Started Topics :  2
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 15:26
Quote:

On 2004-11-21 23:25, pr0fane wrote:
Digital Talk + Seb? Seb, as in Seb Taylor of Shakta/Digitalis/Kaya Project fame?

hi Profane, Seb is a dj - organiser from the Reunion Island (next SA)

cheers
julien
          ::: www.myspace.com/digitaltalk :::
::: www.facebook.com/digital.talk.project :::
::: www.soundcloud.com/digitaltalk :::
Candy
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  184
Posted : Dec 15, 2004 16:56
Wow Reunion island... so close to Mauritius... sister islands

Majority is never right!

"Without music, life is meaningless."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
karnaf
IsraTrance Full Member
Started Topics :  60
Posted : Jan 18, 2005 16:30

Very nice CD indeed. Not my style at all, but I still enjoyed it.
If you like the dark side of the night music, go get it. It'd be a treat for you.
A comment on the cover work - truly psychedelic shit! almost hurts the eyes

Nice job there Peaksos

Please REMOVE my cellphone number from any SMS spam list you may have. Thanks.

http://www.savetherhino.org
eghy13

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 09:46
I got this cd this weekend mostly because of the cover artwork. It was a tossup between this and deviant species' "in the hands of the randomiser".
It is probably too soon for me to tell but the standout tracks here seem to be 5 and 7. They are absolutely freaking incredible monster tracks (I put the volume up so much on these my head nearly imploded!). I am still quite a nooB to trance so if anyone could point me in the right direction to hear more tracks like this I would be sincerely grateful. Being from South Africa I felt quite sorry for track 6 being put between such monster pieces of music but then the reprieve it provides might have been more by design than by accident...
In general (so far) I am enjoying this cd, although I do think it feels quite short. I really enjoyed the idea of an intro and an exit. The intro does indeed have a David Tibetish (current '93) sounding :recitation/ invocation: which was a major turn on because I enjoy C93 (pity it is so short!). I was also pleased to see a reference to the "divine soma experiment" which I hope to get my hands on sometime (soon)....
P_Mac
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  61
Posted : Feb 7, 2005 10:13
Quote:

On 2005-02-07 09:46, eghy13 wrote:
I got this cd this weekend mostly because of the cover artwork. It was a tossup between this and deviant species' "in the hands of the randomiser".

you chose the better of the too for sure           
www.boomfestival.org
www.ketuhrecords.com

DONT SEND MP3 SAMPLES PLS!!!!!
gaspard
Yab Yum

Started Topics :  50
Posted : Mar 9, 2005 17:51
Quote:

On 2005-02-07 09:46, eghy13 wrote:
the standout tracks here seem to be 5 and 7

hey eghy13 thanks for the comments.
check this http://peaking-goddess.com/releases/pkgoddess.html
this comp has one track from electrypnose
and http://peaking-goddess.com/releases/pkboo.html
this has two tracks from drumatik.

boooooooom           Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Terry Pratchett
bluespectralmonkey
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  80
Posted : Mar 10, 2005 04:48
yup. a beast of a cd.

1. i always love the chill intro/outros , i use em all the time in ambient sets.
2. is a nice deep perky tek jam.
3. digital talk still one of my favorites, they really crank it out here.... damn! if i had made a top ten lately this would be on it.
4. like nexus, not too into kill bill samples as i think i may have heard them all before. its too bad, cause i like the tune, but wont play out samples like this.
5. the second half of this one really rips. except lots of samples distract me. and im not so into the 10, 9 8, 7, 6, 5... countdowns ;/ ... otherwise a good sound, just not for me.
6. again, phyx with his slamming combination of tactics, truly casting some spells. ian you must make music all the time! when do we get your album?
7. electrypnose brings a stomping deep driving journey, great pads, an epic trip. also top ten material. btw, has anyone heard his resonant earth release?
8. this one is just Nasty! round here, thats a good thing. tweaky!
9. also a good entry here, somehow i havent gotten around to playing it yet...
10. gotta say it again, i love the chilling that happens on peak. cant wait to hear what is next mr. dymons.
winners here are, 2, 3!!, 6!!, 7!!, 8!!, 9
and definitely the intro and outro are worthy chill work for sure.

please bring us more amazing sounds peak crew. soon!
thanks!
          www.bluespectralmonkey.com
www.touchsamadhi.com
www.interchill.com
www.metacrew.com
www.nw-psy.com
Dj Edell
IsraTrance Full Member

Started Topics :  77
Posted : Mar 11, 2005 18:55
nice nice nice
good compilation to the dancefloor
Nexus , mechanix and digital talk for suree killing the people

good luck with this compilation
and other compilation in future           edell
Dj / PR / Booking
======================
www.magmarecords.it
www.party-people.me
Naked-Tourist
Naked-Tourist

Started Topics :  3
Posted : Mar 12, 2005 17:04
we need to check out soon this release and wish all the best for you gaspard and crew !
nexus and digital talk vs is the tarcks we know so far and these are well dancefoor tools , keep the vibz like this =)
boom the
2rists           http://www.parvati-records.com/naked.html
http://www.myspace.com/djiguanainfo
http://www.mushlink.com/100666.html
eghy13

Started Topics :  0
Posted : Mar 14, 2005 12:42
I was real dissapointed to see this release scored weakly in a local electronic music magazine review. I guess it is the price you pay when favouring local releases. I think south african psytrance has a way to go yet before being really competitive, and yet local compilations all seem to get rated highly (in the magazine). This compilation has grown on me since the last time I wrote and I no longer think 5 and 7 are the only stand out tracks. In fact all the tracks except number 6 rank highly with me which is weird coz it is the only south african track on here...?
In the meantime I got my mits on the divine soma experiment cd (pharm. phantastica) and WOW. Not psytrance but it has some really interesting sounds on there.
Thanks for the pointers gaspard, I surely will be keeping Peak Records in mind when placing my next order with psyshop. In fact I think I definitely will place an order for "Chilling Goddess".
MARGHERITA
Master Margherita

Started Topics :  156
Posted : Mar 28, 2005 11:53
Hello eghy,

thanks for your warm words
divine soma is a friend, the last winter (2003/2004) i listen the news tracks from him, played live whit a quadraphonic sound system, very cool stuffs, dancefloor music psychedelic & not usual compositions, i hope one time he release this music. (more infos by pm please)

stay in touch whit the peak rec crew for 2005, good music comming soon

peace

http://mastermargherita.com
Trance Forum » » Forum  Music Reviews - V/A - Peaking In Tongues (Peak Records 2004) CD
← Prev Page
1 2
First Page Last Page
Share on facebook Share on twitter Share on StumbleUpon

Copyright © 1997-2024 IsraTrance